Chapter 29 - MELANCHOLY

DREAM COLLABORATION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[EXO’s DORM – 10 a.m]

Awakening from a long sleep, Chanyeol seems to experience a good night and he thinks he has dreamt of Dara, his girlfriend. The EXO’s dorm is absolutely void since the other members have gone for their own schedules. However, Chanyeol has been permitted to have a rest for a few days. Rubbing his eyes out of sleep, Chanyeol  notices there is a note for him on the table; glancing at the careless handwriting like elementary student, Chanyeol bursts into laughter realizing that’s Baekhyunie’s. The note is short, as follows:

Yeol,

Dara noona visited you last night, about 3 a.m. She didn’t wake you up because you slept so well, idiot. Call her at once. I think she’s worrying about you. And, just so you know, Cheondung sunbae and Dara noona had a car crash yesterday. She’s okay, do not lose your mind.

Being surprised and worried by the news that Dara and Cheondung had a car crash yester day, Chanyeol blames himself not being there for her. Dara might have been upset too much because of his poison and now, Cheondung’s car crash. A melancholy rises inside Chanyeol’s heart. Dara visited him but he didn’t wake up, she might think Chanyeol’s was too tired and weak to wake up for her. No wonder, despite sleeping, Chanyeol still had a vague feeling that somebody was in his bedroom last night and that shadow  just sat there and watched on him silently. Promptly turning on the cellphone, Chanyeol sees there have been lot of messages sent to him for wishing him to get well soon by his friends in this industry. Chanyeol doesn’t care much about the others’ messages, he just looks for his girlfriend’s lovely texts. Reading her texts, Chanyeol knows that Dara has cried much over his poison and worried too death because she was unable to be at the hospital for Chanyeol. Until now, Chanyeol can’t reply that why he was so stupid; whilst there were many threats aiming to him and Dara, Chanyeol might have been careful with his surroundings. He shouldn’t drink that water bottle which was prepared by a stranger. This time Chanyeol has made Dara really anxious; in addition, his girlfriend has been through a car crash with her brother. A tuition comes to Chanyeol and questions him that if Cheondung’s accident was just a coincidence? Is it aimed to Dara?. Despite the recent question, Chanyeol hurriedly calls his girlfriend.

[MEANWHILE -  YG BUILDING]

Jjangmae panics seeing considerably swell eyes of Dara. He can guess that Dara has thought and cried much. Jjangmae is absolutely sympathizes with Dara’s situation now; if he has power, he will promptly give Dara a rest of few days but her schedule doesn’t allow her to rest a second. Tonight, Dara will depart for Singapore for her own fan-meeting as well as an interview for the recent photo-shoot of Singles. Jjangmae plans to render the detective service for investigating into the threat letters sent to Dara. The investigation has been commenced and according to the primary results informed by the detectives, there were no finger prints on those letters and this guy seems to be very careful and consequently the investigation is quite difficult. Using detective service takes more time but safe because everything will be carefully covered. Dara agreed with this plan of Jjangmae and she’s really scared as being notified that the investigation is tough. Last night, she can’t sleep, the poison of Chanyeol and the injury of Cheondung have been haunted her. He has warned Dara that the next target will be Durami whom both Cheondung and Dara want to protect from the nuisance arisen from their popularity. Then, a phone call ringtone resounds, it’s her Chanyeol, inside Dara rises a happiness and throbbing pain at the same time, what she should do now?

Chanyeol: “Dara noona!”- his voice is fresh and lively.

Dara: “Uhm, Chanyeol ah~” – she tries to hide her voice which is choked by emotions and pretends to be a serious rhinitis.

Chanyeol: “Honey, are you okay? Are you crying?” – he becomes to worry.

Dara indeed just wants to shout to Chanyeol that how much she worries for him, how much she misses him but the voice of X-man seems to laugh at her, to warn her what he will do if she doesn’t leave her boyfriend; whosoever Dara loves will be targeted, she tries to keep her voice calm and  indifferent: “No,no..just a rhinitis due to cold weather…how do you feel today?”

Chanyeol: “Baekhyunie told me you and Cheondung sunbae had a car crash yesterday….is Cheondung sunbae okay?”- despite the happiness rising inside Chanyeol, he can feel something really strange to be happened.

Dara’s eyes are tearful that makes her can speak out anything, biting her lips, Dara tries to swallow her tears and: “Uhm, Cheondung’s okay, Chanyeol ah~ he was just scratched a little bit on his head!”

Chanyeol: “How luck!” – His voice becomes intense as if he can feel the normal cute attitude of his girlfriend – “Dara ah~  honey, I miss you!”

The tears fall down, Dara: “Uhm, Chanyeol ssi~ I have something to tell you…and you have to know that I have thought twice about it, so please respect my opinion, okay?”

 “Uhm…!” Chanyeol’s heartbeats are faster and faster and he sees as if thousand of butterflies are swinging inside his injured stomach: “Uhm, go ahead…you know, I will do anything for you!”

Dara: “So, leave me!” – the pain inside Dara becomes too unbearable that she can feel nothing and her voice becomes incredible calm.

Chanyeol: “Mwo? What did you say?” – he thinks he misheard.

Dara takes a deep breath: “I..I have thought much about our relationship…about our …about our careers, and our fans…I think it’s not wise to continue this affair, so, let’s break up!”

Chanyeol feels like there is somebody holding and machine gun and continuously shooting at his heart, he’s really shocked: “Dara ssi~break-up? Wae? I don’t think those stupid things are reasonable for this breaking-up…seriously?”

Deep inside Dara, she just to reveal him that all she does is for him, for the lives of Cheondung and Durami, for his family who

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter