France III

101 Nights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Paris – Four Seasons Hotel Room 1810   19:00

Taeyeon let out a contented sigh as she sat down on her bed. She had just bid Jessica and Tiffany goodbye after spending a whole day with them. After spontaneously kissing Jiyong last night (something she did not expect herself to do), Taeyeon had hurried back to her friends and they went back to her room.

 

They spent the whole night chatting and gossiping yet Taeyeon failed to inform them what she just did. She knew the girls would over react and Taeyeon didn't need that. She needed time to think for herself without the girls putting ideas in her head.

 

Tiffany had called Sunny last night and after confirming that all the other girls were in the dorm and were alone, they started the video call and showed the other 6 girls that Jessica was with them. After telling them what happened and another round of tears, the 6 girls in Seoul started questioning about Jiyong.

 

“Did he really do this? Why?” Sooyoung asked.

 

“He was never close to SNSD. So why would he help us? Is he secretly a SONE?” Hyoyeon laughed.

 

Seohyun, ever the brilliant one suggested, “Could it be because of Taeyeon unnie?”

 

“Don't be ridiculous.” Taeyeon brushed them off immediately.

 

“Don't speak so fast, Taeng,” Tiffany warned. “I've seen what GD oppa has done for you so I don't think it's impossible.”

 

Forty minutes later, the girls bombarded Taeyeon on how Jiyong was like etc etc... until Yoona moved away from the topic and everyone started catching up with Jessica.

 

After their video call which lasted five hours, Taeyeon, Tiffany and Jessica continued their talk as the three of them squeezed together in bed. It wasn't until six in the morning that they fell asleep. The three girls woke up at noon and after lunch at the hotel's restaurant, they headed back up to Taeyeon's room until it was finally time for Jessica to leave for the airport. Tiffany decided to leave too, saying that she had better get back to Nichkhun.

 

The three girls hugged each other goodbye at the door and Jessica promised that when the both of them return to Seoul, they would have a proper gathering of 9 girls.

 

Taeyeon smiled happily to herself as she got up from her bed. She decided to look for Jiyong and clarify with him that the kiss yesterday night was more of a friend's gratitude to another friend. Taeyeon knew that it was something more than that but she needed to take things slow if she wants to give it a shot with Jiyong. She was afraid that the kiss yesterday might give Jiyong the wrong impression that she was “those kind of girls” and she didn't want him to think that. Because, which girl with self respect would go around kissing guys who are not her boyfriend?

 

So, as Taeyeon prepared her speech in mind, she made her way to their camera oppa's room to look for Jiyong.

 

“Taeyeon, what's up? Do you need something? I was about to head out with the other staff.” Their camera man said as soon as he opened the door.

 

“I'm just looking for Jiyong.” Taeyeon smiled.

 

“Jiyong?” Their camera man raised his eyebrows. “He's two doors away. Room 2014.”

 

Taeyeon blinked, “What do you mean? Isn't he staying with you?”

 

“No, after we checked in the first day, one of the staff had to return back to Seoul for a family emergency so that room opened up. We let Jiyong have that room. Hasn't he told you?”

 

Taeyeon frowned, “B-But he said that he was sleeping with you... And the snoring...”

 

“Me? No. Jiyong has the room all to himself since the first night.” Their camera man said.

 

Puzzled, Taeyeon thanked him and then walked down to room 2014. She hesitated for a moment and then finally knocked.

 

It took a while before the door finally opened to reveal a wet haired Jiyong who looked surprised to see Taeyeon at his door.

 

“What's going on, Jiyong?” Taeyeon asked, as soon as she stepped in. “You told me you were sleeping with the oppas.”

 

“I-

 

“And this bed here looks exactly like the one in my room.” Taeyeon said as she looked around the room.

 

Jiyong his lips nervously, “I um, it was actually...”

 

“Why did you lie?” Taeyeon looked up, bewildered.

 

“I just... I don't know!” Jiyong replied, frustrated. “I couldn't sleep the first night. It felt strange. I don't know if it's too quiet or something but I just couldn't sleep. I tried putting on some music but it only made me more awake. I tried to make a list of singers from A-Z but it only made me annoyed.”

 

Taeyeon stared at Jiyong as he rambled on, “So, I tried watching TV, playing my phone games, I even called Top hyung and let him talk to me about his furniture collection which usually does the trick, but nothing works! Not even hyung's boring story on his furniture!”

 

Taeyeon snorted and then eventually let out an ahjumma-like laugh.

 

Jiyong stared at her, a little confused, “You're not angry?”

 

“No, I'm not. I was just curious.” Taeyeon replied, her lips still twitching. “I can't believe you tried so many things to get yourself to sleep.”

 

“Well, after all that, I was thinking if it's because I was too used to your presence.” Jiyong continued. “So, I went to you.”

 

“And?” Taeyeon asked softly.

 

“And, I was able to sleep with you next to me.” Jiyong mumbled.

 

“Oh.”

 

They lapsed into an awkward silence until Jiyong cleared his throat and said, “So, you were looking for me?”

 

“Oh, right, I wanted to tell you...” Taeyeon trailed off nervously.

 

“Tell me what?”

 

Taeyeon bit her lip, “Tell you... Tell you thatthekissyesterdaydoesn'tmeananythingsopleasejusttreatitasafriend'skiss. You know... since we're in Paris, it's just like what the French do.”

 

“What?” Jiyong stared at her. “Slow down! I didn't catch the first part.”

 

Taeyeon swallowed and then said, “I was saying, about the kiss yesterday, please don't think too much of it. Just treat it as a friendly kiss like how the french does it.”

 

Jiyong raised his eyebrows and then said slowly, “Oh... So, it was just a friendly kiss...”

 

“Yes, friendly kiss. Kiss between friends. Just friends.” Taeyeon emphasized.

 

Jiyong blinked, “Okay, I got it, Taeyeon. I got it.”

 

“Good, just wanted to make sure.” Taeyeon mumbled.

 

“Is that all you wanted to say?”

 

“I guess.” Taeyeon replied and was then was about to leave when Jiyong suddenly spoke.

 

“About what you said in the restaurant yesterday morning, about us...”

 

“About us?” Taeyeon frowned as though trying to recall.

 

“You know, when you said we shouldn't hang out so much and how we should stay away from each other since we're just friends?” Jiyong said.

 

“Oh... T-That...” Taeyeon's heart sank.

 

She had totally forgotten about that after the whole Jessica thing.

 

“What about it?” Taeyeon asked slowly.

 

“I accept your decision.” Jiyong replied.

 

Taeyeon stared at him, her heart sinking deeper than before. Before the whole Jessica incident, Taeyeon never thought that she might take back those words but after realising what Jiyong had done for her? How could she not be moved by him? And with Jessica and Tiffany who kept on telling her that Jiyong seems like a great guy, and that stupid 3 point checklist that Tiffany mentioned, all signs seem to be telling Taeyeon that she should perhaps give it a shot with Jiyong.

 

“You know, about that...” Taeyeon started.

 

“You were right,” Jiyong interrupted. “You're a girl and I wasn't respecting you. I was selfish and only thought about myself. You're a nice girl, Taeyeon and trust me, I've never treated you like those girls I've slept with. You're nothing like them. Sorry for making you feel that way though.”

 

Taeyeon stared at him. It seemed like it was too late to take her words back now. Jiyong was serious as his face displayed no trace of amusement.

 

“Do you want to have dinner? Don't worry, Haha and Gwangsoo will be there.” Jiyong chuckled, a little forcefully.

 

“J-Jiyong, actually...” Taeyeon reached out for him but Jiyong quickly turned and headed towards the door.

 

“You coming, Taeyeon? I don't want to keep them waiting.” Jiyong said and then walked out of the door.

 

Taeyeon followed him out, a little hurt that Jiyong seemed to be avoiding her all of a sudden.

 

“It's okay. You should go ahead. I'm actually quite tired so I think I'll skip dinner.” Taeyeon said.

 

The usual Jiyong would have asked Taeyeon if she was okay and then persuade her to join but instead, Jiyong merely nodded, “Okay, goodnight Taeyeon. I'll see you tomorrow at the filming site.”

 

Taeyeon stared at Jiyong's back as he walked towards the elevator. What had she done? Why is Jiyong acting like this? Did her words really hurt him to the point that he was starting to distance himself away from her?

 

==========================

 

Paris – Four Seasons Hotel Room 2014   00:18

 

Jiyong tossed and turned in bed, unable to get to sleep. Ever since Taeyeon was in his room earlier, he couldn't shake off the awful feeling within him. He thought the kiss from last night might be a start of something between him and Taeyeon but then, Taeyeon had waltzed into his room, telling him that it was nothing but a friendly kiss. It was like a direct slap to his face when he was starting to think that perhaps there might be a chance between them.

 

He didn't even know if he wanted a start between him and Taeyeon but before he could even figure things out, she had shot down all possibilities and Jiyong was mad. How could she just throw all the possibilities out of the window like that?

 

Jiyong honestly thought that if something happened between him and Taeyeon, it didn't sound like a bad thing.

 

First, he enjoys spending time with her.

Second, sometimes when he looks at Taeyeon, he swore his heart just went a little faster.

Third, he had found himself missing her when she wasn't around. Like the other day when she had returned to the hotel, refusing to go to the bar with them, Jiyong found himself getting bored and listless and started badgering Tiffany on the stuff that Taeyeon likes.

 

Tiffany who was getting annoyed by Jiyong's endless questions said, “Jelly worms! She really likes those jelly, gummy candies, okay?”

 

And then, Jiyong left the bar and went candy shopping.

 

He didn't understand his behaviour until a few minutes later, Nichkhun joined him in the store and said, “Why do you keep asking questions about Taeyeon?”

 

“No why.” Jiyong shrugged as he threw a bag of gummies into his basket.

 

Nichkhun chuckled, “No why? You annoyed Fany back there with your endless questions. It's not even Taeyeon's birthday so why are you getting these candies for her?”

 

Jiyong then walked to the chocolate section as he said, “I was just bored back there and Tiffany looks really fun to annoy. And also, these candies are for me. They're not for Taeyeon.”

 

Nichkhun grinned, “Alright, I guess you're not ready to admit it yet.”

 

“Admit what?” Jiyong asked.

 

Nichkhun merely smirked, “Nothing. I'm going back to the bar. And also, you might want to switch to that brand. Taeyeon prefers that brand.”

 

After making sure that Nichkhun had left the store, Jiyong quickly switched the brand of gummy candies and hurriedly make his purchase.

 

Jiyong sighed as he stared up at the ceiling above him. The stupid checklist that Top had mentioned a few months ago. Does it really work this way? Checking to see that all three points are there to confirm that you're falling in love with someone. Perhaps the bingu isn't that much of a bingu after all.

 

===========================

 

Paris - St Louis National Maze Park   18:55
 

“So, any thoughts about you and GD oppa yet? Tiffany asked Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon cupped her friend's mouth immediately and dragged her away from the crowd that was starting to set up the filming equipement.

“I kissed him yesterday.” Taeyeon eventually admitted.

 

“What?!” Tiffany shouted.

 

Her shout attracted some attention and Tiffany quickly waved those people off and whispered, “How did it happen? Why?”

 

“It was after the Jessica thing... I was so happy and grateful so I just kissed him without thinking much about it.” Taeyeon replied.

 

“What? So that was like a thank you kiss?” Fany raised her eyebrows.

 

“I don't know, maybe...”

 

“Could it be that maybe you're in love with him and that was also the reason for the kiss?” Fany asked.

 

“No,” Taeyeon replied immediately. “I mean, I don't know. The thought is just...”

 

“Weird? Revolting?” Tiffany offered.

 

Taeyeon rolled her eyes at her friend, “I mean how can I be with a guy that sleeps around? He even told me that while he is in a relationship with Kiko, he slept around with other girls.”

 

Tiffany wrinkled her nose, “Do you think he is... dirty?”

 

Taeyeon was about to reply when the staff started asking everyone to gather around. Everyone shivered in the cold as they wrapped their coats tighter around themselves. The last mission in Paris is taking place at night and everyone was extremely nervous. One team is getting eliminated tonight.

 

Taeyeon stared at the huge maze in front of her wondering what tonight's game will be. She heard from the staff that some visitors took more than an hour to get out of the maze due to it's massive size.

 

“For tonight's mission, one team will be eliminated tonight,” Minhyuk read out loud from the card. “To survive this game and not to get eliminated, each person cannot be shot by the other team three times.”

 

“Shot?” Gwangsoo asked. “What does that mean?”

 

Minhyuk continued, “Each person will be given a paint pistol to shoot the opposing team on the vest. The first team to get 3 shots of paint on both members will be eliminated from the entire race. And the first team to get out of the maze without being eliminated will be ranked first in this game.”

 

The staff handed each of them the paint pistols and said, “Gwangsoo and Haha, blue paint. Nichkhun and Tiffany, pink. Jiyong and Taeyeon, green. Krystal and Minhyuk, yellow.”

 

“So, to survive this, we have to make sure that we can't get hit 3 times on the ve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter