China III

101 Nights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

China; Beijing - ST Regis Hotel (Room 2401)   07:03

Beep... Beep...

Taeyeon was woken up by the sound of texts coming in her phone as she opened her eyes. When Taeyeon saw Jiyong's face only inches away from her, she bit back a scream as she sat right up. She was about to kick Jiyong for sneaking to her side when she glanced around and then noticed that she was on Jiyong's side of the bed.

! It was me who crossed the border of pillows!

Taeyeon quickly scooted back to her side as she breathed heavily. How in the world did she end up on Jiyong's side? Somehow, mysteriously, she had went over the pillow border and was snuggling beside Jiyong.

Thank god I woke up before he realised if not I'll never hear the end of it!

Grabbing her phone from her nightstand, Taeyeon checked her texts.


From: SM Manager Kim 05:32

We've told the reporters what really happened yesterday night and GD was merely protecting you. No more scares like this, Taeyeon, arasso? Apart from filming, don't hang out with GD so much.

 

Taeyeon frowned at the text. If SM didn't want her to hang out with GD so much, then why did they put her in 101 Nights? Rolling her eyes, Taeyeon did not reply as she went on to the next text.

 

From: Fany 07:00
Good morning, boo! I heard that we'll be getting time off tonight as well and some of us were thinking of hanging out together. Maybe get a drink or something. You'll join, right?

 

Taeyeon didn't have time to reply as she heard a groan from Jiyong.

“What time is it?” Jiyong mumbled, opening his eyes sleepily.

“Seven.” Taeyeon replied stiffly.

She was still a little mad at Jiyong from last night. Taeyeon knew it was incredibly petty of her to still be mad over an argument that happened the previous night but she couldn't help it. She just didn't want anyone, especially G-Dragon to know anything about Baekhyun and especially Leetuek.

“Why are you up so early?” Jiyong asked, his eyes closing again. “There's still time to sleep abit more.”

“I want to head to a salon so that I can wash my hair.” Taeyeon replied.

Jiyong's eyes opened once again, “Is it free? Because we don't have much money left. We spent most of it on food and taxi yesterday.”

Taeyeon sighed, “Neh, it's free. My members and I always style our hair there whenever we're in Beijing. The unnies there are really nice so I'm certain they won't charge us later.”

Jiyong sat up, rubbing his eyes, “Okay, let's wash up and head there.”

After a quick wash up at the sink side by side, the two idols, slipped on their shoes and left their suite.

“You know the address, right?” Jiyong asked as he slipped on his shades once they stepped out of the hotel and were suddenly engulfed by the winter chill.

Taeyeon nodded, “It shouldn't be too far away from here so the cab fare shouldn't be expensive.”

Jiyong hailed for a cab and the two of them climbed in. Fifteen minutes later, Taeyeon and Jiyong arrived at the salon, surprising the stylists once they stepped in.

“Taeyeon-ssi! What brings you here?” One of the ladies asked in fluent Korean.

Taeyeon greeted the ladies just as one of the ladies went towards them and gushed, “And you brought a friend!”

Jiyong took off his shades and grinned at the small group of ladies, “Annyeonghaseyo, G-Dragon imnida.”

“Omo! It's G-Dragon!” The ladies squealed as they clutched on to each other excitedly.

After the excited chatter has died down, Taeyeon explained her situation to the ladies.

“So since we're handcuffed, we can't shower,” Taeyeon said to the sympathising group of ladies. “So, is it possible to wash our hair for us for free?”

The ladies laughed, “Is that all? Of course we can!”

And with that, Jiyong and Taeyeon took turns in the chair as they got their hair washed and blown. Finally, they were done and the two idols thanked the stylists before leaving the building.

 

Daum:
Netizens compile G-Dragon and Taeyeon's similar Instagram photos. Is there really something going on with them?

 

[308,434 Likes/23,467 Dislikes]
I'm trying really hard to ignore this but seriously, why are so many of their pictures so similar? This doesn't make sense! What about Kiko and Baekhyun?

 

[247,578 Likes/12,689 Dislikes]
I'm sure it's just some crazy coincidence. I refuse to believe that there is something on between them. Too ridiculous.

 

=======================

 

China; Beijing - The Great Wall of China Entrance A   09:00

“For the Great Wall mission, all teams are required to reach the end point where the 101 Nights flag will be at.” Tiffany read from the mission card. “One member must be piggybacked throughout the entire mission.”

“Bwuh?” Haha exclaimed. “This is a disadvantage for me and Gwangsoo!”

Everyone laughed and Fany continued, “All teams must pass by three points before reaching the ending point. At each point, teams will be given a task. They can only continue on if they manage to pass the task.”

“Where's the starting and ending point?” Minhyuk asked.

Everyone turned to the Great Wall behind them and groaned when Gwangsoo pointed out the two flags on two ends.

“Isn't this unfair for me and Taeyeon?” Jiyong spoke up. “We're still in cuffs, remember?”

The director chuckled, “Mianhe, Jiyong-ssi, we're still sticking to the rules.”

Jiyong groaned as Taeyeon sighed. Everyone including the production crew headed up the Great Wall as they prepared to continue filming. Once everyone was ready at the starting point, Taeyeon climbed on to Jiyong's back, Fany on Nichkhun, Krystal on Minhyuk and finally Haha on Gwangsoo's back which drew laughs from everyone.

“Ready?” The director shouted. “Go!”

The four teams dashed towards the first point and as usual, Taeyeon and Jiyong were lagging behind. Their cuffed wrists weren't helping but Taeyeon could see that Jiyong was trying his best. She even felt a little guilty for stuffing herself with food last night. Had she known they would be doing this, she would just stop at that one pancake. The cold was not helping either as Jiyong had to fight against the cold as he ran.

Nichkhun and Fany were leading with Gwangsoo and Haha behind. Jiyong seems to be gaining momentum as Taeyeon felt him speeding up as she clutched on to his shoulders. They were catching up to Minhyuk and Krystal and then when the two teams were side by side, Taeyeon extended her free hand and pushed Krystal.

“Yah, unnie!” Krystal shouted as she swayed and Minhyuk staggered at the sudden impact.

Taeyeon heard Jiyong laugh as he shouted, “Daebak, Taeyeon! Keep this up!”

Taeyeon laughed and then turned her head to shout at Krystal, “Krystal, mianhe! Unnie can't lose anymore!”

Finally, Jiyong and Taeyeon reached the first point and they stopped just as Gwangsoo and Haha left. Jiyong was catching his breath while one of the staff instructed them.

“Please list down three common street food items from China.” The staff said.

Taeyeon's eyes brightened as she blurted out, “Dumplings! Chinese pancake! A-And fried crickets!”

“Pass!” The staff announced and Jiyong took off immediately.

“Well done!” Jiyong laughed as he ran.

Taeyeon smiled, “All thanks to yesterday's crash course!”

Taeyeon turned back to see Krystal and Minhyuk reaching the first point while Nichkhun and Fany was still leading.

“Damn, Nichkhun is strong in games!” Jiyong grumbled.

“So is Fany.” Taeyeon replied as they both saw the leading couple reach the third point.

They finally reached the second point and by this time, Jiyong was breathless as he had just run up a steep slope.

“List down three points of interest in China.” The next staff said.

Panting, Jiyong quickly replied, “Great Wall of China, Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square.”

“Pass!”

Jiyong ran again, this time a little slower as he was running out of breath.

“Mianhe, I shouldn't have eaten so much last night.” Taeyeon mumbled beside his ear.

Jiyong chuckled as he panted, “It's not you. You're not heavy at all. It's just the running and the slopes.”

They could see that Fany and Nickhun had just reached the ending point while Gwangsoo and Haha were still struggling at the third point.

“Let's try to beat them.” Jiyong said, nodding towards Gwangsoo and Haha.

When Jiyong and Taeyeon reached the third point, Gwangsoo and Haha were frantically racking their brains as Gwangsoo's hand that was holding a calligraphy brush hovered above a white sheet of paper.

“Hurry, what's the question?” Taeyeon asked the staff.

“You are required to write a chinese character on the paper. Any chinese character will do.” The staff said. “Points will be awarded for every character you write.”

“Hanja?” Taeyeon exclaimed.

The staff nodded and Taeyeon could understand why Gwangsoo and Haha were stuck at this point. Most of the younger generations in Korea couldn't read or write Hanja and Taeyeon was one of them.

“...” Jiyong mumbled.. “I defintiely know some simple words but I can't recall them now.”

Taeyeon turned around worriedly to see Minhyuk and Krystal completing their second point.

“Hurry, Krystal is catching up.” Taeyeon said desperately.

Gwangsoo and Haha were now arguing loudly and it wasn't helping Jiyong at all.

“Yah, why don't you think of something, Gwangsoo! Stop rushing me!” Haha hollered.

“Can't you see I'm tired after all the running?” Gwangsoo shouted. “And you're not exactly light, you know that?”

If Taeyeon and Jiyong weren't stuck here thinking, Taeyeon would have laughed at the two silly Running Man members.

“Think, Jiyong, think!” Jiyong muttered to himself.

Krystal and Minhyuk were getting closer as Taeyeon tried to rack her brain for any Hanja words. And then, it clicked

“Let me write!” Taeyeon shouted and Jiyong stooped lower so Taeyeon could grab the calligraphy brush and write.

On the piece of paper, Taeyeon quickly scribbled “少女時代”.

“I have one more!” Jiyong exclaimed and then grabbed the brush from Taeyeon.

Jiyong quickly wrote “愛” on the same peice of paper.

“Five words so five points!” The staff declared. “Now, run to the finishing point!”

Jiyong and Taeyeon then rushed towards the ending point as Gwangsoo and Haha continued to bicker.

“I can't believe we're not going to be the last!” Taeyeon said excitedly.

“Did you write Seo Nyuh Shi Dae on the paper?” Jiyong asked as he ran.

“Neh. What did you write?” Taeyeon asked.

“That character means love.” Jiyong explained.

“So, how do you know that word?” Taeyeon asked curiously.

Jiyong chuckled, “It's written in the same way as Japanese. My girlfriend taught me how to write that word once.”

Taeyeon never failed to notice that everytime Jiyong mentions his girlfriend, his face will always light up with a smile.

“Yah, hurry up, you guys!”

Taeyeon's thoughts were interrupted by Fany's shouting at the ending point. Taeyeon held on to Jiyong's shoulders as he ran faster as he was spurred on by Fany's encouragements. Finally, Jiyong and Taeyeon reached the ending point and Taeyeon slipped off Jiyong's back.

Without saying a word, Jiyong who was now panting like a dog, sat down on the ground as he struggled to catch his breath.

“Congratulations! You're the 2nd team to arrive at the finishing point!” The staff announced. “And since you have 5 characters written, you will get five times of the prize amount!”

“Five times?” echoed Taeyeon and then turned to Fany and Nichkhun, “How many characters did you guys write?”

“Three.” Fany replied. “Meaning we're only getting three times the prize. But since we're the first team to reach, we'll get to have our food paid for the rest of our trip in China.”

“So, what are we getting?” Jiyong asked as he stood back up on his feet.

The staff handed an envelope to Jiyong just as Krystal and Minhyuk came hurrying to the end point.

“Omo!” Krystal exclaimed. “I can't believe we beat Gwangsoo and Haha oppa!”

Minhyuk cheered along with her and the staff proceeded to tell them their winnings. Taeyeon stood beside Jiyong as he opened the envelope and they counted the cash that was inside.

“I think we can survive on this amount for quite a few days here.” Jiyong said to Taeyeon. “I mean, since our hotel is already covered.”

Taeyeon let out a relieved sigh, “I'm just glad we're not the last team anymore.”

Finally, a very dejected Gwangsoo and sulky Haha joined all of them at the finishing point. Filming wrapped up and everyone started talking among themselves excitedly.

“Jiyong, where are you and Taeyeon staying at?” Haha asked.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter