Japan IV

101 Nights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yahoo Korea:
GTAE team going downhill with lack of teamwork


[539,211 Likes, 8,213 Dislikes]
What is happening to them?! They had been doing so well and suddenly they are not talking to each other and I can't see their teamwork in the latest episode! The ramen judge was right. GTAE team do not perform well when they are not communicating!

[373,744 Likes, 4,578 Dislikes]
I'm sure that they were fighting. GD looks like he's making an effort to talk to Taeyeon though. She seems to be mad and ignoring him. Maybe GD pissed her off?

[263,268 Likes, 3,582 Dislikes]
Now I'm even more convinced that there's something going on with them. Who fights like this other than couples?

[153,805 Likes, 90,295 Dislikes]
Look at Taeyeon snubbing GD. Who the does she think she is? GD is being so nice trying to talk to her yet she is ignoring him. off and die, Kim Taeyeon, you worthless . SNSD .

[150,354 Likes, 90,005 Dislikes]
Shut the hell up. SNSD are queens and GD is just a drug sniffing . Did it ever cross your minds that perhaps Taeyeon was mad at GD? I mean, why wasn't he present with her when she took the train to Osaka? He has abandoned her quite a number of times if I recall correctly. So before everyone start attacking Tae, think again.


Japan; Osaka – Mount Harima   05:40

“Jiyong, it's still dark...” Taeyeon shivered, her teeth chattering as she spoke. “How are we supposed to head up?”

“I guess we have to wait for the sun to come up, right?” Jiyong replied reluctantly. “It'll be too dangerous to hike in the dark.”

The two idols had just arrived at the base of the mountain with their camera man and had collected their camping supplies.

The two idols waited in the cold for almost thirty minutes when the sun was finally coming up.

“Okay, it's time to go, Taeyeon. The final lap, let's go.” Jiyong smiled encouragingly to Taeyeon.

Taeyeon grinned back at him and the both of them started hiking up the mountain.


===========================

 

Japan; Osaka – Mount Harima   19:00

“Let's stop here.” Jiyong panted as he spotted a clearing ahead. “It's dark and we can't continue.”

Taeyeon nodded as she drank deeply from her bottle.

It was cold and they were thankful that it wasn't snowing anymore as winter is making way for spring but it was still freezing especially now when the sun has gone down. Both idols were exhaused from the hike. With Jiyong carrying most of the supplies and food, it was much worse for him.

“We can pitch our tent there,” Jiyong pointed to the clearing. “I can't wait to eat and sleep.”

“Me too.” Taeyeon replied tiredly as they made their way over.

They started pitching their tent in silence until Taeyeon laughed softly, “We're getting good with pitching, isn't it?”

Jiyong nodded and smirked, “Must be from the practice we had in India.”

“Can you believe how long ago that seemed like?” Taeyeon replied as she nailed one of the sides of the tent down.

“Yeah, tomorrow's the last day of this entire race.” Jiyong said wistfully. “Time flies, doesn't it?”

Taeyeon looked up and met his warm eyes, “Yeah, I'm really glad to be on this show.”

“Me too.” Jiyong agreed with a soft smile on his face. “I'm really really glad.”

A knowing look flitted past the two idol's faces and then they quickly looked down and continued working as they tried to hide the smiles on their faces.

When the tent was finally done and their camera man had retreated to his own tent several feet away, the two idols climbed into the tent and Jiyong opened a can of beans and tuna and then took out some bread.

“I really want some ramyeon now...” Taeyeon pouted as she took a slice of bread from Jiyong.

Jiyong sighed, “Me too. I miss korean food. I miss eating rice and kimchi.”
 

“Why don't we have a nice meal with all the 101 Nights crew and staff when we're back in Seoul?” Taeyeon suggested excitedly. “I know some places that everyone will like! I mean, we should treat everyone, right? They have always taken good care of us.”

Jiyong laughed and agreed, “Yes, we should but...”

“But what?” Taeyeon asked as she took a bite off her tuna sandwich.
 

“I was hoping we could spend time alone in Seoul. I mean, I really like the cast and crew but I was looking forward to having a proper date with you when we get back.” Jiyong smiled.

“Oh.” Taeyeon stared at him with a blush on her cold cheeks.

“It's funny how that we're in a relationship and haven't been on a real date,” Jiyong chuckled. “We're doing it backwards. Don't people have dates first before getting into a relationship?”

Taeyeon laughed, “Yeah, we're a weird couple, isn't it?”

Jiyong smirked, “So how about it, Kim Taeyeon? Do you want to go on a date with me when we're back in Seoul?”

Taeyeon pretended to ponder as she replied, “W-Well, I do need to check my schedule since I have dates from other guys but I guess I can squeeze in some time for you.”

“Yah!” Jiyong stared at her and poked her cheek.

Taeyeon laughed, “Of course I would like to go on a date with you, Kwon Jiyong-ssi and I really can't wait for that.”

Jiyong's face lit up and then leaned in to kiss Taeyeon.


===============================

 

Japan; Osaka – Mount Harima   06:23

Taeyeon groaned when she woke up from an annoying buzzing. She cracked open her eyes to find Jiyong deep asleep beside her and she glanced around and realised that Jiyong's phone was vibrating from an incoming call.

Annoyed, she reached for the phone and was about to wake Jiyong when she noticed the name Kiko on the screen.

Taeyeon's eyes widened immediately as she stared at the phone that was still vibrating in her hands. Why is Kiko still calling Jiyong? What is going on?

For a split second, Taeyeon almost reach out to shake Jiyong awake but then she stopped herself and then proceeded to answer the phone.

“Jiyong? Did I wake you?” Kiko's voice filled her ear.

“Hello? Ji, are you there?”

“Helloooo?”

“J-Jiyong is currently sleeping.” Taeyeon found herself replying back. “I'll get him to call you back later.”

“Kim Taeyeon?” Kiko said after a stunned moment of silence.

“Yes.”

“You're intercepting Jiyong's calls now?” Kiko let out a sarcastic laugh. “My, you really don't trust him, do you?”

“What? No! It was because-

“I mean, of course you wouldn't trust him after the kiss Jiyong and I had.” Kiko interrupted.

“K-Kiss?” Taeyeon stammered.

“Jiyong told you, right? The kiss and how my hands were in his pants the other night. I'm sure he must have told you since you two are in a relationship now...”

Taeyeon felt go dry as she mumbled, “What kiss?”

“Oh. Ji never told you about that? Well, I thought he did... I mean he was still saying how much he loves you and all... So, why isn't he being honest with you? Sorry you had to hear it from me. Heh, and I thought Jiyong had changed for you. I guess he's still the same old Jiyong. Trying to trick some innocent girl like you into a relationship and then kissing other girls while the innocent girlfriend believes in all his lies.”

 

Taeyeon couldn't even utter another word as she stared at a sleeping Jiyong in front of her, her eyes filled with betrayal and rage.

“Oh well, could you ask Jiyong to give me a call later? Thanks.” Kiko said airily and then hung up.

Taeyeon felt her vision blur as the first tear fell from her eyes. She sniffled and threw the phone beside Jiyong as she turned to her bags and started packing. Her angry sniffles and packing woke Jiyong up a minute later and he groggily sat up.

“What's going on? Is it time to leave?” He asked, his voice still thick from sleep.
 

Taeyeon's back was facing him and she made no reply as she continued to pack.

“Taeyeon, what's going on?” Jiyong repeated and this time, he moved behind her and put a hand on her shoulder.

When she made no reply again, Jiyong's eyes widened when he realised that Taeyeon was shaking as tears continued falling down her face.

“Why are you crying? What happened?!” Jiyong panicked as he turned Taeyeon around to face him. “Taeng, don't scare me like this! What's going on?”

“I don't want to do this anymore, Jiyong!” Taeyeon cried helplessly. “I can't go on like this!”

“What?” Jiyong stared at her, confused.

“I want to go back to Seoul. I don't want to be here anymore.” Taeyeon sobbed.

Jiyong stared at her in alarm as he pulled her into his arms, “Okay... Let's go back to Seoul right now. We'll ditch this race, okay? I'm sorry, I didn't realise you were so homesick... Let's forfeit this race...”

Jiyong felt Taeyeon push him away and she stared at him with her sad, watery eyes as she shook her head, “I'm going back to Seoul alone, Jiyong. I can't do this with you anymore. I don't want to be here with you.”

Her last sentence shocked Jiyong as he stared at his girlfriend, “What are you talking about?”

“Let's end this right here, right now, okay?” Taeyeon cried as she grabbed her bags and stood up.

Jiyong stood up immediately and held on to Taeyeon's wrist, “You're not leaving until you tell me what the hell happened!”

“How long do you intend to lie to me, Jiyong?” Taeyeon questioned.

“Lie about what?!” Jiyong's voice rose in confusion. “What the hell are you talking about?”

“When you ran after Kiko that night... The both of you kissed, right?” Taeyeon's voice quivered.

Jiyong's face went pale, “H-How did you know? But Taeyeon-”

“ you, Kwon Jiyong!” Taeyeon cried out as she stormed out of their tent, pushing past him.

“Taeyeon, wait!”

Jiyong effectively grabbed onto her wrist again and stopped her as he said, “It was nothing! I didn't even-

“You said that nothing happened.” Taeyeon stared at him as hurt seeped out of her voice.

“The kiss meant nothing to me! I pushed her away!”

“So if you two have and if it means nothing to you, you would have told me that nothing happened too?!”

“Taeyeon, please, listen to me! Kiko forced herself onto me and I pushed her away!” Jiyong explained.

“How did her hands get into your pants then?!” Taeyeon cried.

“She forced her hand in and-
 

Taeyeon shook her head, “I don't know what to believe anymore, Jiyong! I really want to believe you but will I get another phone call from your ex-girlfriend and tell me some other shocking news about the both of you making out tomorrow?”

“I swear this is it, Taeng.” Jiyong pleaded. “The kiss really meant nothing to me! I pushed her away and left after she did that!”

Taeyeon shook her head again, causing more tears to drip down her face, “I can't do this anymore, Jiyong. You said that nothing happened and I trusted you. How would you feel if my ex-boyfriend kisses me and I told you that nothing happened?!”

Her question stunned Jiyong into silence and then he quickly said, “I wouldn't have cared because I love you.”

“Liar,” Taeyeon replied shakily. “I don't believe you. You can't even be honest with me right now, can you...”

Jiyong took a deep breath and then swallowed, “Okay, I will probably be mad but... but I will find a way around it because I love you, Taeyeon. I won't break up with you because of that.”

Jiyong pulled Taeyeon into his arms as he whispered, “Please Taeyeon, you have to trust me. I'm sorry that I lied but this is the last time, I swear. I'll tell you everything from now on. Please trust me.”

Jiyong's heart fell when Taeyeon pulled away from him slowly, “I can't, Jiyong. I'm sorry but I can't... I don't think I can believe you anymore. I'm trying, I really am but I'm so sick of all these lies and secrecy.”

Jiyong stared at Taeyeon, his own anger rising as well, “Lies? Secrecy? I'm not the only one with secrets, Taeyeon. Don't forget that you always refuse to tell me about the reason as to why you and Baekhyun had to fake a whole relationship for Dispatch. So how is this fair to me?”

Taeyeon's eyes snapped up to look at him in shock but Jiyong was too angry to back down.

“I can't believe you're throwing that in my face,” Taeyeon said angrily. “I've already said that the secret wasn't mine to tell and I swear it has nothing to do with our relationship. So you think me keeping this secret justifies what you did with Kiko?”

“You expect me to tell you everything yet you couldn't tell me what or who was so important to you that you had to jeopardize your own career to get into a fake relationship with Baekhyun!” Jiyong countered furiously.

“That has nothing to do with our relationship at all! How is this the same with Kiko kissing you?” Taeyeon retorted angrily.

“Are you sure that the secret has no relations to the both of our relationship?” Jiyong demanded.

“What?”

“I'm not stupid, Taeyeon. I know it must be something got to do with Park Jeongsu. You're protecting him. Do you love him that much to put your own career on the line? And I can't believe that you're still protecting him until now!”

“How am I protecting him now?!”

“You won't even tell me, your boyfriend, the whole deal about Park Jeongsu. You don't even trust that I can keep your secret!”

Taeyeon ran a shaky hand through her hair, “Wow, you really do know how to turn the tables around, Jiyong... I really have to hand it to you... Now everything is my fault when Kiko was the one who have her hands in your pants?”

Jiyong stared at her, “So you admit it's Park Jeongsu? You've been protecting your ex-boyfriend all these while?”

Taeyeon exhaled as though trying to calm herself down and then replied, “It is about him but I swear that the secret that I've been trying to protect has nothing to do with us at all.”

Jiyong's face remained impassive, “So can you tell me what it is now?”

Taeyeon widened her eyes in disbelief, “What?! I just told you that it has nothing to do with our relationship at all! Why would you still want to know?!”

Jiyong's eyes flashed angrily, “So, you choose to protect him instead of our relationship yet you're telling me that I was in the wrong for not telling you about how Kiko kissed me?!”

A new round of angry tears filled Taeyeon's eyes as she replied hotly, “You knew that I was carrying this secret with me before we started a relationship. You knew what you were signing up for, Jiyong. You even promised that you would drop it. I did not sign up for you trying to justify your ex-girlfriend kissing you behind my back!”

“I'm just saying that you don't trust me enough to tell me the secret!” Jiyong retorted.


Taeyeon wiped her tears away furiously as she replied, “And you don't trust me when I tell you that this secret has nothing to do with you or our relationship in any way.”

Jiyong let out a frustrated sigh, “A relationship can't work without trust, Taeyeon...”

Taeyeon looked up at him and then said slowly, “You're right...”

Jiyong replied, “Maybe we need to sit down and think about-

“Let's take a break, Jiyong.” Taeyeon interrupted.

“What?” Jiyong stared at her.

“I said we should take a break to figure things out.” Taeyeon repeated softly. “You're right. A relationship can't work without trust and I think that's the problem with us, Jiyong... There's no trust between us. I can't trust you with Kiko and you can't seem to trust me about the secret with Dispatch...”

Jiyong's gaze hardened, “What is there to figure out? Why should we take a break?”

“It's not that simple,” Taeyeon continued. “I think a break will be good for both of us to re-think the relationship.”

Jiyong stared at Taeyeon furiously, “You don't even want to try to work on it? You think taking a break will solve our issues?”

“I'm just saying that we both need time to cool down and think!” Taeyeon snapped.

“No,” Jiyong shook his head. “You're just running away from the problem, Taeyeon. You're always running away when things get tough.”

“I'm not doing that now! Can't you see that I'm trying to work things out? If I want to run away, would I have said that we should take a break? I will just say that w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter