France I

101 Nights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

France; Paris - Charles de Gaulle Airport   12:02

 

“Welcome to Paris, 101 Night members,” Tiffany read aloud from the card. “This first elimination will take place in this country...”

“What?” Everyone exclaimed, including Tiffany who looked up from the card.

“What elimination?” Minhyuk asked.

The staff smiled and motioned for Tiffany to continue reading.

“One team will be eliminated from the race in the last mission in Paris and the remaining three teams will be able to advance to the next country. The eliminated team will return back to Seoul.” Tiffany read.

Everyone's faces fell as they looked at each other in despair. They never expected an elimination round would arrive so fast. Everyone was starting to bond and have fun but it looks like things were starting to get serious from here.

“We'll brief you more on the missions later,” The staff announced. “Please return to your respective accomodations and we'll send a car to each team at 4 pm later.”

Each team left seperately with their camera man in cabs and Jiyong and Taeyeon were soon zooming across the city to their hotel.

Although the snowing city has much to see, both idols fell asleep as soon as they were in their cab as they were very much exhausted from waking up at five in the morning.

About an hour later, the cab stopped in front of their hotel and they were woken up by their camera man who was sitting in front.

Shuffling out of the cab sleepily, the two idols dragged their luggages towards the reception and bumped into Gwangsoo and Haha who will be staying in the same hotel.

The four idols started chatting as their camera men went to check in.

“How was the flight?” Haha asked.

“It was the worst.” Jiyong complained.

“You actually brought this upon yourself, you know.” Haha laughed. “You disappeared and Taeyeon lost so you guys had to take the budget airline.”

“I know,” Jiyong sighed and then turned to Taeyeon. “Sorry.”

“Stop apologising. The flight wasn't that bad.” Taeyeon remarked.

Jiyong scoffed, “The seats were too small and some weird man wouldn't stop staring at Taeyeon!”

Gwangsoo and Haha raised their eyebrows as Taeyeon said to Jiyong, “Funny, you're a celebrity yet you can't deal with a little staring.”

Jiyong rolled his eyes, “A little? And he wasn't staring at you because he recognises you! He was staring because he was a ert!”

Gwangsoo laughed at Jiyong, “You sound like a jealous boyfriend!”

His comment shut Jiyong up immediately and the two Running Men members found it odd to see both Jiyong and Taeyeon quickly looking away.

Haha stared at them, “Yah, why are the two of your faces so red?”

Thankfully, they didn't have to answer as Haha and Gwangsoo's camera man were signalling them over to him.

After their departure, Jiyong and Taeyeon remained silent until their camera man came back and handed them their card key.

“Jiyong, Gwangsoo and Haha are sharing a room and I'll be staying with their camera man. There is one more room left for you and Taeyeon but you can come over and stay with me.” Their camera man said.

Jiyong looked up in surprise, “What? Why the sudden arrangement?”

“Well, previously the camera men don't stay in the same hotel as you all but since now we are, isn't it better that you can share a room with us? I know it must have been inconvenient to share with Taeyeon since she's a girl.”

Taeyeon were looking at their exchange, surprised at the turn of events. She was so used to spending every night with Jiyong for close to two months and wasn't expecting any change in that arrangement.

Their camera man smiled, “Besides, netizens have been questioning if the both of you were really sleeping together and now we can finally tell them that the both of you are sleeping seperately.”

“But they already know that Taeyeon and I share the same room ever since the first episode. So, I don't think they'll care very much if we stay in the same room in France or not.” Jiyong replied.

The camera man shrugged, “Well, I'm just letting you know that you have another option now. I mean, there's no reason for the two of you to stay in the same room if there are extra rooms available right?”

“R-Right...” Jiyong muttered.

“Great, so that's it then! Jiyong will stay with me and Taeyeon can have her own room.” Their camera man said and then turned to Taeyeon, “Finally, Jiyong will be out of your hair.”

Taeyeon cracked a smile, “Yeah... Finally.”

 

==================================

 

France; Paris - Four Seasons Hotel Room 1810   13:38

Putting her luggage down in the hotel room, Taeyeon changed her clothes and fell into bed. This room was a lot smaller than the suite they had in Holland and only had one queen sized bed, TV, dresser, closet and a bathroom but Taeyeon was contented. After sleeping in tatched huts and tents, she had learned to appreciate the simpler things in life.

Scrolling through her phone, Taeyeon read texts from Fany and realised that Minhyuk and Krystal were staying in a small motel as they lost the previous game in Holland. Their team weren't strong and Taeyeon wondered who will be eliminated in Paris. It might even be her and Jiyong if they weren't careful.

With a sigh, Taeyeon decided to take a short nap before the first mission in Paris.

 

=================================

 

France; Paris - Champs-Élysées   16:30

With chattering teeth, Gwangsoo read out from the mission card, “101 members, as Paris is a city of fashion, the next mission will be to identify fashion brands from Paris. Along the streets of Champs-Élysées are stores from around the world, including France; Paris. There will be stickers of the brand located outside the shop and if you think that the brand is from France, take the sticker and paste it on this 101 booklet.”

“Is this the elimination round?” Krystal asked worriedly.

“No. The elimination round will be the last mission that will take place in Paris.” The staff replied.

A thin small booklet was handed out to each team and Taeyeon watched the confident smirk on Tiffany and Jiyong's lips.

“I don't think we'll lose this round.” Jiyong said confidently.

“No using of phones or internet for help. Time limit is one hour! Ready, go!” The staff announced and everyone rushed off.

Taeyeon ran alongside Jiyong as he looked around feverishly at the stores around. Outside every shop stood a 101 Nights crew, ready to hand out stickers to the casts.

“There's Louis Vuitton. Let's go!” Jiyong said excitedly and sprinted towards the French brand.

After grabbing a sticker from the staff outside Louis Vuittion, Jiyong spotted Givenchy a few stores away and ran towards it. For the first time since the show has started filming, Taeyeon was extremely grateful that Jiyong was her partner. Although he couldn't run as fast as Gwangsoo or isn't as strong as Nichkhun, but Jiyong really does know fashion.

The street of Champs-Élysées was long and it wasn't easy running around like this in the cold. Forty minutes later, they had a total of eighteen stickers and Jiyong was still running around enthusiastically.

“Chanel and Dior!” Jiyong exclaimed and again, started running in that direction.

Taeyeon couldn't keep up so she jogged slowly behind him. Jiyong collected the stickers and with a beaming face, he showed the booklet to Taeyeon.

“Twenty stickers. I'm sure we can win this!” Jiyong said in delight.

They started making their way back to the meeting point and collected three more stickers on the way.

When they reached, Tiffany, Nichkhun, Gwangsoo and Haha were already there waiting. After handing their booklet to the staff, Minhyuk and Krystal hurried back in time and handed in theirs.

“We'll reveal the prizes first.” The staff announced. “First prize will be a car for the winning team, second prize will be a pair of unlimited subway and bus tickets, third prize will be bicycles for the third team and for the last team, you will have to figure out your own transport while we're in Paris.”

Jiyong whispered excitedly to Taeyeon, “I'm sure we'll be able to get a car again.”

“And for the first team...” The staff announced. “Tiffany and Nichkhun with 30 stickers!”

“What?” Jiyong's eyes widened as Tiffany and Nichkhun cheered.

“Second team... Taeyeon and Jiyong with 23 stickers!” The staff continued. “Third place will be Krystal and Minhyuk with 19!”

“I knew we would lose in this round!” Haha grumbled.

“How can we lose?!” Jiyong exclaimed.

Taeyeon pointed to Tiffany who was busy jumping up and down happily, “Fany know alot about fashion too.”

Jiyong raked his fingers through his hair, “I knew she was good but I didn't expect her to be this good.”

“How did you guys manage to get so many?” Taeyeon asked Nichkhun curiously.

Nichkhun grinned, “We splitted up to collect the stickers.”

Jiyong sighed, “We never thought of that.”

“It's alright, at least we're in the second place.” Taeyeon replied. “And at least we didn't have to ride bicycles in the cold like Krystal and Minhyuk.”

Jiyong could only nod in disappointment.

 

================================


France; Paris - Four Seasons Hotel Room 1810   19:46

After their mission earlier, the director had dismissed everyone early as everyone was tired. Taeyeon, Jiyong and their camera man then headed back to their hotel together. Taeyeon had bid goodbye to Jiyong and their camera man at the lift lobby before proceeding up to her room.

After a long shower, Taeyeon sat on the bed, wondering what she should have for dinner. She was starting to miss Korean food and the thought of sandwiches, pasta and fancy western food were making her lose her appetite. She contemplated if she should just sleep off her hunger when suddenly, a text came into her phone.

 

From: Kwon Jiyong 19:47

What are you doing?

Taeyeon raised an eyebrow in surprise. She wasn't expecting a text from Jiyong. She replied him, telling him that she was thinking of what to have for dinner and after waiting for a few minutes, there was no reply from Jiyong.

Taeyeon sighed and lay on her back as she stared up at the ceiling above her. About ten minutes later, there was a sudden knock on her door. Wondering who it could be, Taeyeon leapt out of bed and opened the door.

“Jiyong?” Her eyes widened to see a sheepish Jiyong smiling at her. “What are you doing here?”

Jiyong grinned and held out two cups of instant ramen and said, “I was thinking if you would like to have dinner with me.”

Taeyeon laughed, “Really? Instant ramen?”

Jiyong chuckled, “Don't you miss this?”

With a happy sigh, Taeyeon replied, “You know me so well, Kwon Jiyong.”

Jiyong laughed and stepped in and Taeyeon closed the door behind him. Jiyong proceeded to open the ramen cup and Taeyeon watched him fill the two cups with hot water.

“Where did you get these from?” Taeyeon asked.

“I was with Gwangsoo and Haha earlier and took these from them. You won't believe how many they have.” Jiyong replied, laughing.

“Didn't you have dinner with them?”

“No, I thought I'd have dinner with you instead.” Jiyong said as he stirred the noodles with a pair of wooden chopsticks.

“Really? Is this pretend Jiyong or real Jiyong?” Taeyeon answered.

She saw Jiyong stiffened as he slowly muttered, “R-Real Jiyong.”

The two fell into an awkward silence and the only sounds that could be heard were from the TV. Jiyong was the first one to break the silence two minutes later.

“Done,” He said and handed Taeyeon a cup and chopsticks. “These four minute meals are the best.”

“I agree.” Taeyeon replied and the both of them sat on the carpeted floor in front of the TV.

They ate in silence for a while until Jiyong said, “I just heard from the staff that we're given two rest days. New Year Eve's and New Year's Day.”

Taeyeon turned to him, “That's good.”

She watched Jiyong fidget for a moment before replying, “Taeyeon, do you have some time on New Year's Eve?”

“Why?”

“I want to bring you somewhere.” Jiyong said.

Taeyeon's thoughts immediately went back to what happened in Holland and how she was abandoned by Jiyong despite his promises. She knew he had no choice but somewhere in her heart, a petty side of her was still unhappy about it. She didn't understand why she was so concerned over it but it just bothered her.

“Jiyong...” Taeyeon started.

“Before you refuse,” Jiyong interrupted. “I promise this time won't be like the last time. Besides it's just a few hours at night.”

“But...”

“Taeyeon, please, I promise you won't regret this. Let me make it up to you.” Jiyong pleaded.

With a sigh, Taeyeon gave in, “Fine, where are we going? Some famous landmark?”

Jiyong grinned, “Not really but I promise you, you won't regret it.”

Taeyeon really hoped so. Her heart isn't big enough to forgive Jiyong again if he decides to abandon her for god knows what reason this time round. And this time, she decided to believe him once more.

“Pretty big room for one person.” Jiyong remarked, after swallowing the last mouthful of noodles.

“I guess. Why? Is your room small?” Taeyeon asked.

“Hmm? Uh, yeah, it's really small.” Jiyong replied, as he walked to the thrash to dump his ramen cup.

After wiping his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter