Italy II

101 Nights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Koreaboo:
GD praised by netizens for protecting Taeyeon during maze mission in Paris, drawing more support for their team.

 

[48,120 Likes, 2,579 Dislikes]
I really like their chemistry and they seem to really take care of each other well. Please show more support to the Gtae team!

 

[33,653 Likes, 1,212 Dislikes]
GD has protected Taeyeon twice. Once from the Exo fan in China and now in this mission. I hope he wasn't doing it to make himself look good on TV. Anyway, still glad to see them make it for the next race.

 

[28,113 Likes, 1,175 Dislikes]
Kiko who? Heh. Seems like GD may be moving on to Taeyeon. You can see the way he looks at her. It's different from the way he looks at Tiffany or Krystal.

 

[20,630 Likes, 912 Dislikes]
I was angry at GD for ditching Taeyeon in the past episode but him saving her makes up for it. But no more stunts like this, GD, I'm putting my faith back in this team. Side note, heard rumours going around that Kiko was spotted entering and leaving GD's villa in Seoul? Are they living together?

 

 

Italy; Rome – Baffetto Pizzeria   17:00

 

“You feeling better?” Nichkhun asked as he spotted Jiyong and Taeyeon step into the famous pizzeria's kitchen.

 

“Yeah, the producer was kind enough to push back the filming so I can rest this morning.” Jiyong smiled.

 

“Thank goodness the protest has stopped,” Krystal said. “We heard how Taeyeon unnie ran out. Scared the hell out of us.”

 

“Yeah, you made us really worried, Taeng!” Fany scolded.

 

“Sorry,” Taeyeon said sheepishly. “I wasn't thinking straight at that moment.”

 

“Was Jiyong hyung really that sick for you to run out into the streets like that? You were risking your life for him, noona, it must have been really serious.” Minhyuk asked curiously.

 

Taeyeon felt her cheeks warm up at that innocent question and she quickly cleared , “Y-Yeah, his fever was really high.”

 

“But to risk your life to get him medicine...” Krystal said slowly. “That's not even something some friends will do.”

 

Taeyeon bit her lip as she glanced at Jiyong for help but he merely grinned back at her. She shot him a dirty look.

 

“Minhyuk, Krystal, we have to touch up on your make up!” One of the staff shouted.

 

Once they were gone, Tiffany narrowed her eyes and hissed, “You two kissed, right?!”

 

Taeyeon's eyes widened, “H-How did you-”

 

“Yeah, we did.” Jiyong grinned as Taeyeon could only blush.

 

“I knew it! You can't stop blushing when you're looking at GD oppa.” Tiffany said to Taeyeon.

 

Nichkhun let out a delighted laugh, “I won, Hwang Miyoung! I knew I would win!”

 

“Win?” Jiyong and Taeyeon echoed in unison.

 

Tiffany glared at Nichkhun playfully, “Fine, fine, you win.”

 

“So, you owe me a favour, right?” Nichkhun smirked.

 

Rolling her eyes, Tiffany nodded.

 

“What are you two talking about?” Taeyeon asked. “Did you two bet on Jiyong and me?”

 

“We did and I won.” Nichkhun said proudly.

 

“Yah!” Taeyeon smacked Tiffany's arm immediately. “I can't believe you two were betting on us!”

 

Jiyong laughed, “Did Nichkhun bet that Taeyeon and I will get together while Tiffany bets the opposite?”

 

“Yeah,” Tiffany mumbled. “Sorry, we couldn't help it.”

 

“Now I know why Nichkhun is always asking me to go after you...” Jiyong muttered to Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon rolled her eyes, “That explains why Fany's always telling me to stay away from you.”

 

“You told her to stay away from me?” Jiyong raised an eyebrow at Tiffany.


“Hey! I was protecting her too! You didn't exactly have the best reputation around.” Tiffany defended herself.

 

Jiyong shrugged, “That's true.”

 

“And also,” Tiffany continued, “I encouraged Taeng to go for you after I realise that you're not that bad after all.”

 

“You did?” Jiyong asked skeptically.

 

“She did.” Taeyeon admitted.

 

“So, I guess we have to thank the two of you?” Jiyong asked.

 

“Of course.” Tiffany grinned.

 

Both Jiyong and Taeyeon laughed at Tiffany's unabashedness.

 

“If you're really the one who convinced Taeyeon to go for her feelings, then I will really thank you.” Jiyong said seriously.

 

Tiffany smiled, “You don't have to thank me, all I ask is for you to treat Taeyeon with love and respect. That's all. Oh, and if you guys have kids in the future, I want to be the god-mother. That's all I want.”

 

Taeyeon choked at Tiffany's words, “K-Kids? D-Don't be ridiculous!”

 

Jiyong let out an embarrassed smile as Nichkhun nudged Tiffany, “Don't say things like that! You're scaring Taeyeon!”

 

Tiffany raised her eyebrows, “I'm just saying 'if'! And what's so strange about getting married and having kids?”

 

Khun rolled his eyes, “They just started dating and they need to take things slow.”

 

Jiyong cleared his throat, interrupting them, “I'll treat Taeyeon the way she deserves to be treated, I promise you, Tiffany. And for your second request, I'll keep that in mind.”

 

Taeyeon turned and stared at Jiyong, the heat creeping up to her cheeks. Is Jiyong taking Tiffany seriously?

 

“J-Jiyong, you don't have to take Fany seriously. She was just kidding about the kids things.” Taeyeon said nervously.

 

Jiyong merely smiled at Taeyeon just as a staff came by to ask them to gather in front of the cameras.

 

Once everyone was in position, filming for the day started.

 

“Welcome to 101 Nights.” Taeyeon read aloud from the mission card. “For the first mission in Italy which is taking place in this famous Baffetto Pizzeria, teams will have to perform their role as waitors, taking orders and bringing food to their customers. The team who fulfils the most number of orders will become the winning team. Each member will get paid for every completed order and the winning team will get an extra 500 Euros added to their team fund.”

 

Krystal raised her eyebrows and said, “Look at the queue that is already forming outside even before it's opened. This place has limited seating too. How are we supposed to accomodate everyone?”

 

The staff replied, “Each team is given fifteen tables each. If you're lucky and your customers eat quickly, you're able to seat and serve the next in line. Every order counts too. For example, if a group of five sits down but only orders one pizza, your order will only be counted as one. So, it depends a lot on your luck too.”

 

Everyone nodded in understanding and the staff continued, “This pizzeria is very famous so rest assured that the flow of customers will never stop. Please make sure that you understand and give the correct orders to the customers too. Once everyone is ready, the doors will open and your jobs as waitors will start. You will be given 4 hours and the mission will end at 9:30 pm sharp.”

 

After everyone nodded nervously, the staff opened the doors and Tiffany who was the quickest leapt towards the first couple who were in line.

 

Jiyong and Taeyeon wasted no time and went to the next in line which consists of a family of four.

 

“Four?” Jiyong asked in English and held up his fingers.

 

The Italian family nodded and Jiyong quickly led them to a table while Taeyeon assisted the next group of customers. Taeyeon was nervous as her English wasn't good but looking at how serious Jiyong was, attending to his customers, she decided to grit her teeth and try.

 

Her group were a group of three teens and thankfully they seemed to be patient with her as she struggled to get their orders right as she pointed to the menu to confirm their orders.

 

Tiffany, Nichkhun and Krystal were having a slightly easier time as they put their English to good use. Minhyuk on the other hand, struggled just like Jiyong and Taeyeon.

 

Soon, all fifteen tables of each team were filled as they bustled in and out of the kitchen bringing out the dishes for their customers.

 

Jiyong and Taeyeon's first group of people left, earning them five orders just as a group of 12 teenagers arrived at the front of the queue.

 

Tiffany had also spotted the huge group and both her and Taeyeon rushed immediately towards them.

 

Before Taeyeon could speak, Tiffany quickly interrupted her in her fluent English, “Come this way please.”

 

The group of 12 left with Tiffany and a disappointed Taeyeon could only serve the next group of a measly four. It wasn't really fair. Despite their lack of knowledge in Italian, at least Nichkhun and Tiffany were able to converse in English. Even Minhyuk had Krystal in his team. Things didn't seem to be going well and Taeyeon was glad this wasn't an elimination round.

 

“Hey, cheer up, it'll get better.”

 

Taeyeon looked up to see Jiyong smiling at her encouragingly. Taeyeon nodded and smiled and Jiyong headed to the next group of customers.

 

After handing out some dishes for her customers, Jiyong came by with an amused look on his face.

 

“Look,” Jiyong pointed to Tiffany's table of 12 teenagers. “That is all they ordered. 2 pizzas.”

 

Taeyeon turned to Jiyong's direction and laughed out loud when she saw the 12 teenagers taking up all the space yet all they ordered were 2 small pizzas. An extremely grumpy Tiffany could be seen at the side, throwing them dirty looks.

 

“See, thank goodness Tiffany got them instead of you. Things are looking better, right?” Jiyong grinned.

 

Taeyeon chuckled. Jiyong always had a way to make her feel better and Taeyeon noticed that despite how busy they were, he always seemed to be keeping an eye out for her like now. When Jiyong makes his way to the kitchen, he would glance at Taeyeon from time to time, checking to see if she was alright or if she needed any help. And often, when their eyes meet, he would send her little smiles and once when there wasn't any cameras pointed at them, Jiyong had daringly winked at her causing Taeyeon to blush heavily as she quickly looked away, afraid of getting caught.

 

Noticing that the camera was on them right now, Taeyeon cleared and quickly walked off, saying that she needed to check on her orders.

 

 

Italy; Rome – Baffetto Pizzeria   21:30

 

“Time's up!” The staff announced.

 

Everyone finished up their last orders and gathered in front of the camera, waiting for the results. They were all tired as they had been standing for four hours without taking a break.

 

“Well done, everyone. We'll announce the team at the 2nd place with 37 successful orders... Krystal and Minhyuk!”

 

Both Krystal and Minhyuk sighed in relief and high fived each other as Jiyong and Taeyeon quickly shared a look. This is bad. They were either first or the last. Everyone had been so busy after the first hour that they weren't keeping track of the other teams orders anymore so Jiyong and Taeyeon had no clue how Tiffany and Nickhun would fare.

 

“And for the first team... with 43 successful orders...”

 

Everyone held their breaths nervously.

 

“Tiffany and Nichkhun! Congratulations!”

 

Tiffany shrieked exciedly while Taeyeon let out a sigh.

 

“Close call, Jiyong and Taeyeon,” The staff said. “You had 35 successful orders. Just 2 more and you would have a tie with Krystal and Minhyuk.”

 

Taeyeon was feeling extremely disappointed but could only clap and congratulate the winning team. Everyone then thanked the restaurant's owner and after the crew had finished packing up, everyone started leaving.

 

Each team have to pay for their own transport back so Minhyuk and Krystal decided to walk back to their motel which was a few blocks away. Nichkhun and Tiffany decided to take a cab.

 

“So, how do you want to get back?” Jiyong asked Taeyeon as they watched Tiffany and Nichkhun leave in their cab.

 

“Let's take a train.” Taeyeon replied tiredly.

 

“Are you sure? You look like you're about to pass out.” Jiyong remarked. “Why don't we get a cab instead?”

 

Shaking her head, Taeyeon replied, “We can't spend it on cabs. It's expensive. We still need to pay for our own food and transport.”

 

Most of the staff had already left and those who hadn't were still packing in the restaurant. Jiyong took the chance and held Taeyeon's hand, startling her a little.

 

“Okay,” he smiled. “Let's walk to the station and take the train.”

 

Taeyeon smiled and nodded. Together, they made their way to the station, admiring the night view as they walked.

 

“I think I'm the cause of your tiredness. I feel responsible.” Jiyong commented.

 

“What? Why?” Taeyeon laughed.

 

“You didn't get enough sleep since you had been taking care of me.” Jiyong replied.

 

“Yeah, you better make it up to me.” Taeyeon replied playfully.

 

“Okay,” Jiyong said and stopped in his tracks. “I'll make you feel better...”

 

“How so?” Taeyeon raised an eyebrow as she stopped beside Jiyong.

 

“By doing this...” Jiyong murmured as he leaned down and placed a soft kiss on Taeyeon's lips.

 

“Yah, Kwon Jiyong!” Taeyeon leapt back, surprised.

 

Before she could retreat even further, Jiyong pulled her back to him, a cheeky smile on his face, “Why so shy, Taeyeon?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter