China IV

101 Nights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

China; Beijing - ST Regis Hotel (Room 2401)   10:21

 

Taeyeon sighed with contentment as she slowly stretched and opened her eyes. It had been a long while since she had the freedom to wake up at whatever time she wanted and she greatly appreciated it. After leaving Jiyong alone at the bar last night, Taeyeon had returned to the hotel, showered and changed into her comfortable pyjamas. She watched a little TV until it was almost one in the morning before falling asleep. Jiyong had not returned when she went to sleep and she honestly didn't care.

Taeyeon turned to the side of the bed and noted that it was empty. Curiously, she walked around the suite and even checked the bathroom to find that she was indeed, alone. So apparently, G-Dragon did not return. Why was she not surprised?

After a long shower, Taeyeon decided that she would spend the day checking out the museum that Krystal had been raving about. As Taeyeon was about to step out of the suite, her phone started buzzing.

“Yoboseyo?” Taeyeon answered, shutting the suite's door behind her.

“Taeyeon ah,” Haha oppa's voice greeted her. “Did Jiyong get back to the hotel okay? Man, that crazy guy sure can drink!”

“He didn't return to the hotel.” Taeyeon replied, stepping into the lift.

“Bwuh? He didn't? That's strange. When Gwangsoo and I woke up at 3 am, he was already gone and we figured he headed back.”

“Maybe he just went to crash with a friend.” Taeyeon replied nonchalantly and stepped out of the lift.

Taeyeon heard Haha sigh on the other side of the line, “Are you sure? I'm just afraid he might be in trouble or something. He drank way too much yesterday.”

“He's a grown man. I'm sure he can take care of himself.” Taeyeon replied as she flagged for a taxi.

“Arasso... Let me know if you hear from him, okay? Gwangsoo's calling him but he isn't picking up.” Haha replied worriedly.

After hanging up, Taeyeon boarded a cab and was on her way to the museum when her phone started ringing again. Fishing it out of her bag expecting it to be Haha, her eyes widened when she realised the name flashing on her screen reads Kwon Jiyong instead.

“What?” Taeyeon answered curtly as soon as she picked up.

“T-Taeyeon... Taeyeon-ah...” G-Dragon's weak voice replied.

For a moment, Taeyeon froze as she wondered what was going on. She could hear his heavy breathing on the other end. Is he hurt?

“What?” Taeyeon repeated, this time a little less aggressive.

Again, heaving breathing from him.

And then, Jiyong slurred, “Take me back to the hotel, Taeyeon...”

Clearly, he was still very drunk and it angered Taeyeon. How could he still be drunk at this time? It was almost noon!

“Take a taxi back yourself!” Taeyeon snapped and she hung up on him.

Within seconds, her phone rang again and seeing that it was Jiyong who was calling her again, Taeyeon ignored as she stared out of the window stubbornly.

Again and again, Jiyong called until her phone finally stopped ringing. Taeyeon glanced at her phone to see five missed calls from him. Crazy drunkard. She wasn't going to let him ruin her day.

 

Beep... Beep...

 

Unlocking her phone, Taeyeon saw a text from Jiyong and then another text and then another as he flooded her.

 

From: Kwon Jiyong 11:15
Pick up your phone. Take me back please.

 

From: Kwon Jiyong 11:15
Mianhe

 

From: Kwon Jiyong 11:15
Don't leave me here alone, Taeyeon.

 

From: Kwon Jiyong 11:16
Please don't abandon me. Kiko...

 

His last text made Taeyeon frowned and roll her eyes. Seriously, Kiko? Now he's texting her thinking that she was his girlfriend? With a loud huff, Taeyeon was about to throw her phone into her bag when Jiyong decided to call again.

“What now?!” Taeyeon snarled once she picked up.

“T-Taeyeon ah, mianhe...” Jiyong was now speaking in a child-like voice. “Just take me back please.”

Taeyeon gritted her teeth as she contemplated whether she should hang up on him. He sounded very drunk and upset.

“Please Taeyeon. I don't have any money right now so just come and pick me up.” Jiyong rambled on.

“You spent all the money we've earned?” Taeyeon asked in disbelief.

She and Jiyong had agreed to split equally whatever money they have and Taeyeon was shocked to find that Jiyong had spent it all. They needed these money for their food and travelling expenses!

“Please just come and pick me up, Taeyeon. I think someone has already spotted me...” Jiyong trailed on helplessly.

“Aish! Fine! Text me the address and wait for me there. Arasso?” Taeyeon growled.

“Neh.” Jiyong replied, very much like a defeated child.

After hanging up on him, a text from Jiyong quickly came in and Taeyeon told the driver the change of address.

Twenty minutes later, Taeyeon alighted the cab to find herself in a secluded back alley. She had instructed the driver to wait for her as she fetched Jiyong. Taeyeon was about to call him when she noticed a defeated figure, slumped against a wall.

“Yah!” She called out to him and ran forward.

As she neared his figure, she saw him look up and Taeyeon grimaced. He looked awful. The usual eyeliner he wore was all smudged and for a moment, the word Pathetic popped into Taeyeon's mind. Yes, the usually confident G-Dragon now looks like a pathetic mess. And why is his hair black again? Wasn't it blonde just yesterday?

“Y-You came.” Jiyong replied as he stood up shakily and staggered towards Taeyeon.

Afraid that he might get recognised, Taeyeon removed her black scarf and wrapped it around his neck, safely concealing half of his face.

“Gomawo... Taeyeon ah...” Jiyong slurred as he slumped against Taeyeon.

Struggling to support his weight, Taeyeon quickly dragged him towards the waiting cab and very soon, they were speeding back to their hotel again.

 

=====================

 

Taeyeon watched the sleeping G-Dragon on the sofa as his chest rise and fall steadily. It had been an hour since she had managed to haul him back into their suite without anyone's notice. She had dumped him on the sofa as she didn't want to put him in bed as he reeked of smoke, alcohol and something Taeyeon believed to be drugs.

“That's as far as I'll go, Kwon Jiyong. Don't expect me to clean you up.” Taeyeon muttered as she grabbed her bag and left the suite.

Taeyeon then spent the entire day touring the museum herself after grabbing a quick lunch at a cafe nearby. As it was a weekday, the museum was almost deserted so Taeyeon took the luxury of taking her own sweet time. She then met up with Fany and Nichkhun for dinner after their filming had wrapped up.

By the time Taeyeon stepped into the ST Regis suite, it was almost ten. She walked in, expecting to see an unconscious Jiyong still on the sofa right where she had left him, but instead, the sofa was emptied.

Did he went out? Taeyeon glanced around and then noticed a lonesome figure on the balcony. Jiyong was standing there alone, as he stared at the night lights of Beijing. Taeyeon made her way over and slid the door open.

“You're back.” Jiyong said as he turned to look at her.

Jiyong looked all freshen up and clean and Taeyeon was glad. It seemed as though he just stepped out of the shower as his black hair was still wet.

“Your hair's black.” Taeyeon stated as she stood beside him.

Jiyong let out a small chuckle, “Apparently, I decided to dye it black while I was drunk last night.”

Taeyeon said nothing as she looked out at the night sky.

“I've been doing a lot of stupid things.” Jiyong said softly.

“You mean like getting drunk last night?” Taeyeon asked. “Yeah, that's stupid.”

“Not just last night.” Jiyong replied, turning to look at her. “For these few years, I've been doing some ed up .”

Taeyeon didn't understood what he meant so she stayed silent as he continued, “But I've been thinking... I don't want to live like this anymore. It's tiring, you know? To wake up in an alley not knowing what really happened.”

Taeyeon widened her eyes, “Do you mean that you don't even know how you landed in that alley this morning?”

Jiyong nodded, “I honestly can't remember. And this isn't the first time you know. Getting so drunk and high, I don't even know what I was doing.”

“D-Did something happen?” Taeyeon found herself asking.

“Kiko... She said she's tired. She wanted to take a break... to think things through between us.” Jiyong replied softly.

Taeyeon wasn't expecting Jiyong to be so honest to her. After all, talking about one's partner is only something you do between friends.

Jiyong continued, “It's always the same routine. Whenever Kiko and I fought, I'd always get so drunk and crazy. I can't keep living this life.”

Jiyong took a deep breath and then said, “Mianhe, I remembered shouting at you when we were in the bar last night. It's just Kiko...”

“I understand.” Taeyeon quickly replied.

She didn't need an explanation from Kwon Jiyong although she was a little curious as to why Kiko would suddenly want to think things through with him. She stared at the make-up free Jiyong. Without an ounce of make-up on his face, he looked extremely tired and unhappy. Has this been the real face of Kwon Jiyong behind the usually shiny looking G-Dragon?

“How was your day? Sorry, I ruined it.” Jiyong said.

“Besides the part where you ruined it,” Taeyeon stared at him pointedly. “I had a great day. I spent the day in the museum and had dinner with Fany and Nichkhun.”

Jiyong smiled, “Sorry about it again. I promise I'll behave from now on. No more getting wasted like that again.”

Taeyeon said nothing but deep down, she appreciated it. She was trying her best in this show and she hoped Jiyong would too.

“Can I ask you a question?” Jiyong asked.

“What?”

“On the first day when we met, you really seem to hate me, don't you?” Jiyong asked seriously.

“W-What?” Taeyeon looked up in surprise.

She was not expecting this question.

“Come on, just tell me honestly.” Jiyong said. “We've rarely crossed paths so what did I do that actually made you hate me?”

“Don't be ridiculous.” Taeyeon quickly said and walked back into their suite. “I don't hate you.”

Jiyong followed behind her closely as he replied, “I know you're lying, Kim Taeyeon. You hate me, don't you?”

Taeyeon shrugged off her coat and walked towards the bathroom, refusing to answer Jiyong's question. Before he could follow her in, Taeyeon quickly shut the door behind her.

“Yah, Kim Taeyeon! The way you're avoiding the question only proves that I'm right. You really hate me, don't you?” Jiyong called out on the other side of the door.

Tying her long hair up into a messy bun, Taeyeon showered as she pondered over Jiyong's words. Hate was too strong a word to be used. So the more appropriate word would be... dislike? True, she really disliked Jiyong ever since he got entangled with Sulli and one of SNSD's closest friend, Bora. And the rumours about him banging many of the supermodels and celebrities with all the drugs and alcohol didn't help either.

Finally, Taeyeon opened the door to see Jiyong sitting on the bed. Taeyeon was hoping he would let it go but unfortunately not.

“Just tell me, Taeyeon. We're friends now, right?” Jiyong asked and then looked at her uncertainly. “Unless... you still hate me now?”

Taeyeon sighed in defeat, “Yes, I won't deny that I really dislike you from the start. But you can't blame me after what happened to Sulli and Bora...”

“Sulli and Bora?” Jiyong raised his eyebrows.

“You were toying with Sulli's feelings awhile back, weren't you? And with Bora and the drugs.” Taeyeon replied impatiently.

“Wait. With Bora and those drugs, it was my fault... But about Sulli, nothing much happened. We danced and made out in a club and that was it.” Jiyong replied.

“Oh, come on!” Taeyeon rolled her eyes. “There has to be more than that!”

“Nothing happened! What made you think something happened between me and Sulli?” Jiyong replied defensively.

“She pretty much told all of us that you led her on and didn't bother to reply her texts or calls.” Taeyeon said.

“Oh god, seriously...” Jiyong scoffed. “I didn't even sleep with her! Heck, I don't even call most of the women I had slept with! What makes her think I would call her? We danced, made out, that's all! Does all these comes with strings attached?”

Taeyeon could only stare at Jiyong, disgusted. Are all men like this? Taeyeon understood that technically, Jiyong didn't do anything wrong but to hear him speak of things like these so casually really irked her.

“Don't you have a girlfriend?” Taeyeon questioned. “Why are you even sleeping around, anyway?”

“Things between Kiko and I have always been complicated.” Jiyong replied.

“Lousy excuse.” Taeyeon rolled her eyes.

“So because of Sulli and Bora, that's why you hate me?” Jiyong asked.

“Hate is a really strong word. I'd rather you use dislike.” Taeyeon corrected as she sat down on her side of the bed.

“That's not making it any better.” Jiyong replied. “So... do you still dislike me now?”

Taeyeon looked up at him and then slowly answered, “I don't know. Maybe... I don't know.”

She expected Jiyong to be offended but on the contrary, Jiyong gave a small smile and said, “Thanks for being honest, Taeyeon.”

Jiyong continued, “I'm going to change. You'll see. I'm gonna show everyone that I can be better. I'm going to show her I can be better.”

It was clear who he was referring to so there was no need for questions.

“Is there anything to eat? I haven't eaten all day.” Jiyong asked.

“You can order room service.” Taeyeon replied as she stared at her phone, replying to texts from Seohyun and Sunny.

“Are there anymore dumplings? The ones we made yesterday?” Jiyong asked.

Taeyeon looked up from her phone in surprise, “I thought you didn't want them.”

“I'm hungry. Are there anymore?” Jiyong replied simply.

Taeyeon stared at him, “N-Neh, I only ate some yesterday night. I've asked the kitchen to store them.”

“Great.” Jiyong said and then quickly made a call to the hotel reception.

Twenty minutes later, Jiyong was sitting at the dining table with a plate of steamed dumplings. Taeyeon was still on the bed, looking at him as he ate.

“These are actually pretty good.” Jiyong said between mouthful of dumplings.

Taeyeon said nothing and he continued, “Maybe we should go back to Seoul and open a dumpling restaurant together.”

Again, Taeyeon made no reply and then Jiyong looked up and said, “It's only a joke, Taeyeon.”

He seemed awfully cheerful for someone whose girlfriend just told him that they needed some time apart to think things through. As much as Taeyeon didn't really like him, she still hoped he wouldn't end up like her when Leeteuk ended things with her.

When things ended between her and Leeteuk in February, for the first week, Taeyeon had pretended to be perfectly okay in front of her friends but when night comes and she's alone in bed, she would be sobbing her heart out. No one except Tiffany had found out that Taeyeon had actually been crying her eyes out. No matter how much Fany had pleaded Taeyeon to talk about it, Taeyeon pushed her away, refusing to divulge what was the reason for her breakup with Leeteuk.

And then after the second week, Taeyeon had sunk into a month of depression. She barely ate, she slept very little and whatever free time she had, she would simply lock herself in her room alone. She was practically a zombie until one day, while they were all rehearsing for their Mr Mr dance, Fany pulled Taeyeon out of the studio privately and in the most disappointing voice Taeyeon had ever heard in her life from Fany, she said, “Kim Taeyeon, I have to tell you this because you're my very best friend. You have to snap out of this! You, being like this is affecting everyone! Yoona and Seohyun's always worried and crying for you. Yuri and Sooyoung is always asking me what was going on with you. Sunny, Hyoyeon and even Jessica are always helping you to come up with excuses whenever the high

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter