Holland III

101 Nights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Holland; Amsterdam - Hilton Hotel Suite 2   03:41

 

Taeyeon stood in front of the bathroom mirror, staring at her reflection. She had been here for about an hour and was still here thinking about what happened earlier.

Jiyong kissed her.
Jiyong said she will never be nothing to him.

What does all these mean? And isn't he back together with Kiko? After Jiyong had kissed her and said those stuff, Taeyeon had pushed him off and ran to the bathroom and locked herself inside. That kiss earlier... that god damn kiss felt so good as much as she didn't want to admit. What the hell is up with Jiyong now?

Taeyeon stared at her reflection, frustrated. How is she suppose to face him tomorrow? Will he even remember any of it? Wait a minute, was that real Jiyong or pretend Jiyong just now?

What if... what if it's pretend Jiyong?

And so, with all these thoughts in mind, Taeyeon paced around the bathroom for another forty minutes before she opened the bathroom door. She noticed that Jiyong has already fallen asleep in bed. She crept towards the bed, grabbed the nearest pillow and decided to make the couch her bed for tonight.

 

===============================

 

Holland; Amsterdam - Hilton Hotel Suite 2   08:55

 

Jiyong cracked open his eyes and felt a throbbing pain in his head. He definitely had too much to drink last night. He turned to the other side of the bed to find it empty and sat right up. Where's Taeyeon?

Getting up from the bed, he then noticed that she was sleeping on the couch. Her body was curled up and she was shivering slightly. Silly girl. Why was she sleeping there and why didn't she have a blanket?

Grabbing the blanket from the bed, Jiyong went over and draped it lightly over the sleeping girl. He stared at her for a moment and then it clicked...

He understood why was Taeyeon sleeping here instead of the bed. Because of last night. He had kissed her. He remembered everything despite being so drunk. himself and his hormones and feelings.

Just then, Taeyeon's eyes opened slowly and an awkward atmosphere descended upon them as soon as their eyes meet.

“W-Why are you standing here?” Taeyeon asked and sat up immediately, the blanket falling to the ground.

Jiyong cleared his throat, “You looked cold so I put the blanket over you.”

Taeyeon's gaze drifted to the blanket on the floor and then said nothing.

“I'm going to wash up.” Jiyong said abruptly.

“Wait!”

Jiyong turned around slowly to see Taeyeon looking at him nervously.

“Last night...” She started. “Was it real Jiyong or pretend Jiyong?”

Jiyong stared at Taeyeon, his own mind started asking a similar question. It was definitely not pretend Jiyong. Now, it was either a drunk Jiyong or a real Jiyong. Both options scared him because Jiyong knew very well that a drunk Jiyong is also an honest Jiyong.

Taeyeon was still looking at him, expecting an answer. He wasn't sure what answer she wants and then decided to take the cowardly way out.

“Last night?” Jiyong echoed. “What happened last night?”

Taeyeon's face fell and then blinking a few times, she asked, “You don't remember, do you?”

Jiyong frowned, “Remember what? I only remembered getting really drunk, that's all. Why? Did something happen? Was I drunk rapping or dancing?”

A moment of silence came from Taeyeon and then she said, “No, nothing happened. Nothing happened at all.”

“Okay.” Jiyong said and then turned and headed into the bathroom as he scolded himself mentally.

ing coward, Kwon Jiyong. You are a ing coward.

 

=============================

 

Holland; Amsterdam – Vondelpark   12:33

 

“Welcome to the last mission in Amsterdam, 101 members.” Nichkhun read aloud from the card. “For this last mission, the prizes will be cash to help you with your expenses, lodging or whatever you wish to spend on.”

“How much?” Haha asked eagerly.

The producer laughed, “We'll announce the details after the race, Haha.”

Nichkhun continued reading, “As you can see we're in a park, there will be small flags of Holland around the park. On the grass, bushes, basically they can be anywhere. You will be given one hour and the team with the most flags who reports back in time will be the winner.”

“That doesn't sound too hard.” Minhyuk replied.

The producer chuckled, “One more thing that's not in the card... This will be a three legged race.”

“Bwuh?” Gwangsoo exclaimed.

“You've got to be kidding, right?” Fany widened her eyes. “This park is so big, how do we run around with our ankles tied together?”

“This will depend on your teamwork.” The producer smiled.

The staff proceeded forward to help the four teams tie their ankles together. Taeyeon had no choice but to stand right beside Jiyong, with no personal space between them at all. She wobbled for a bit and then felt Jiyong's arm around her shoulders, steadying her.

She leaned away from his arm and then watch his arm fall back to his side. She know that Jiyong was still looking at her but her gaze was fixed at the producer. She was determined not to look at Jiyong. What happened last night was embarrassing and the worst part was, she thought Jiyong would remember it. Yesterday night must be pretend Jiyong after all.

She was so silly to have even considered that Jiyong might actually meant what he said. Kim Taeyeon, you're such a laugh.

The winter wind blew harshly against them and Taeyeon shivered violently. It didn't go unnoticed by Jiyong and he took off his scarf and wrapped it around Taeyeon's neck.

She was about to open to say something but before she did, Jiyong said, “Don't reject it, Taeyeon. Just accept the scarf. You're freezing so don't say you don't need it.”

How did Jiyong knew what she wanted to say?

“I wasn't going to say anything like that.” Taeyeon lied.

“Get ready to run once I blow the whistle!” The producer announced. “On your mark, go!”

The whistle was blown and everyone struggled to set off. Haha and Gwangsoo were tripping over themselves. Krystal and Minhyuk were moving very slowly. Nichkhun was holding on to Fany's shoulders, trying to get her to go faster.

“Let's set off together, okay” Jiyong said. “Our free leg goes first then our joint legs.”

Taeyeon nodded and Jiyong counted, “One, two, one, two...”

It wasn't easy as Taeyeon almost tripped a couple of times but during those times, Jiyong would quickly steady her and they were off again.

One by one, each team were slowly getting into the rhythmn. Krystal and Minhyuk were moving along fast and Jiyong looked at them in worry.

“We've got to go faster, Tae.” Jiyong said.

“I know. I'm trying.” Taeyeon replied and then her eyes spotted a small holland flag sticking from the ground. “Jiyong, look!”

Jiyong turned and noticed the flag too.

“Let's go.” He whispered, trying not to catch the attention of any of their rivals.

Their speed got faster as they limped towards the flag but then they heard someone shout, “Look, Gwangsoo, a flag! Jiyong and Taeyeon are moving towards it!”

It was Haha and he had spotted what Taeyeon and Jiyong are targeting.

“Quick, quick!” Jiyong said as he wrapped one arm around Taeyeon, steadying her as he increased his pace.

Taeyeon tried her best to keep up with Jiyong's fast pace as Haha and Gwangsoo weren't too far behind.

With Jiyong's continuous counting, Taeyeon and Jiyong finally reached that little flag and Jiyong reached out to grab it before Gwangsoo or Haha did.

Taeyeon let out a sigh of relief and Jiyong said, “No time to rest. Let's go look for more.”

And off they go again, successfully shaking Haha and Gwangsoo off. The park was enormous and for quite a while, they didn't manage to bump into any other teams.The producers weren't generous with the flags and after half an hour, all they could find were three more flags.

Taeyeon was tired and their pace was slowing.

“Shall we take a rest?” Jiyong suggested.

Shaking her head, Taeyeon said, “No, let's just move onwards. We don't have much time left.”

So, the two idols continued on their way when suddenly, Taeyeon lost her footing and slipped, causing Jiyong to lose his balance as well. Taeyeon landed on the ground with a loud thud and then felt something heavy on her.

She opened her eyes to find that Jiyong had somehow landed on top of her. The memory from last night flooded her mind instantly and she felt her cheeks burn.

“Sorry!” Jiyong said and then quickly got off Taeyeon and proceeded to help her up. “Are you okay?”

“I'm f-fine.” Taeyeon stammered.

Taeyeon sneaked a glance at Jiyong to find him unbothered by what just happened. She was still hoping somehow that it might trigger his memory on what happened last night but judging from his nonchalance, he doesn't seem to recall a thing.

They continued on, Taeyeon's mind still on what happened earlier, the heat remaining on her cheeks despite the cold.

 

==========================

 

Holland; Amsterdam – Vondelpark   13:45

 

Taeyeon shivered as she along with the casts stood in front of the producer who was going to announce the results.

“First place with eight flags, Tiffany and Nichkhun!” The producer said. “Second, with seven flags, Haha and Gwangsoo! And third with five flags, Jiyong and Taeyeon. And lastly would be Minhyuk and Krystal with three flags.”

There were cheers and groans from respective teams as the staff handed out their cash prizes in envelopes.

“Let's meet at the airport at 10am tomorrow,” The producer announced. “We will pass you your air tickets tomorrow so make sure everyone is on time.”

“Which country are we going to next?” Minhyuk asked.

The producer grinned, “We're going to France, Paris.”

“Oh my god, Paris!” Krystal shrieked in delight as everyone cheered.

“Have fun on your last night in Amsterdam, everyone.” The producer said as the crew started to pack up.

“I'm so excited for Paris.” Taeyeon said, forgetting the awkwardness between Jiyong and her.

Jiyong turned and smiled, “I really like Paris too.”

Looking at Jiyong's smile, Taeyeon felt her breath hitch and she quickly turned away. What in the world was wrong with her?
 

================================


Holland; Amsterdam - Hilton Hotel Suite 2   01:41

Taeyeon stood at the balcony as she overlooked the night lights of Amsterdam. After filming, they had hung out with the rest of the crew for dinner and drinks and they had just returned to their hotel an hour ago. Jiyong could see that Taeyeon was tired and graciously let her use the bathroom first. Jiyong was now in the shower and Taeyeon stood alone, as she turned her phone over and over in her hands.

Just a while ago after she stepped out of the bathroom, Taeyeon had checked her phone to find three texts from Leeteuk. She then quickly escaped to the balcony despite the cold and read them.

 

From: Park Jeongsu   01:15

Taeyeon... About the call the other day. I'm sorry. I was drunk. I didn't mean to hurt you.

From: Park Jeongsu   01:18

I really am sorry, Taeyeon. You know I wouldn't hurt you like that right?

From: Park Jeongsu   01:32

Are you asleep Taeng??

 

Taeyeon read through the texts again and for the very first time, she didn't feel like replying him at all. He had hurt her countless of times; during their relationship and even after their break up, he still manage to find ways to hurt her.

“Taeyeon? What are you doing here in the cold?”

Taeyeon spun around to see Jiyong coming out to the balcony in a t-shirt and his sleep pants.

“Nothing.” Taeyeon replied.

“Come inside then.” Jiyong said. “You'll catch a cold if you stay out there.”

Jiyong held open the door and let Taeyeon in before entering himself. After closing the sliding door behind them, he asked, “Have you finished packing your stuff?”

“Not yet.” Taeyeon said as she walked towards her luggages.

She started packing and Jiyong did the same in silence. They went on for the next hour in total silence, each absorbed in their own thoughts.

“I guess we'll be spending New Year's in Paris.” Jiyong said suddenly after zipping up the last of his luggages.

“I guess.” Taeyeon replied as she climbed into bed.

She was about to slide beneath the cove

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter