Italy I

101 Nights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Italy - Rome Leonardo da Vinci-Fiumicino Airport   16:00

 

Taeyeon stood beside her luggage as she watched Jiyong chat with Minhyuk and Krystal. They had just arrived in Italy and the flight had been awful. She hadn't seen Jiyong after she woke up and she headed to the airport with a few of the staff. Jiyong apparently, was making his way over with other staff, leaving Taeyeon alone.

 

When she had reached the airport in France, Jiyong had ignored her, prefering to sit alone at a bench as he listened to his music. Everyone could sense that he was in a bad mood, so no one dared to approach him. Taeyeon had also noticed that Jiyong wasn't looking too good. Could it be that he had a bad night too, like her?

 

After boarding the plane, when Jiyong realised that his seat was next to Taeyeon, he went over to Tiffany and politely asked if they could switch places. Tiffany agreed so throughout the journey, Taeyeon sat with Tiffany while Jiyong sat with Nichkhun.

 

Tiffany knew something was up and asked, “What's going on? Did the two of you get into a fight?”

 

“Sort of,” replied Taeyeon. “He heard our conversation. The one where I told you that I'm not sure if I could be with a guy who sleeps around.”

 

“Oh .” mumbled Tiffany and glanced over at Jiyong who was talking to Nichkhun.

 

“Didn't you try to explain?” Tiffany asked worriedly.

 

“I tried, he wouldn't listen. It was my fault. I shouldn't have said those things.” Taeyeon mumbled.

 

Tiffany shook her head, “You're not entirely at fault. I mean, you're just voicing out your insecurities.”

 

“I know,” Taeyeon said softly. “But if you were in Jiyong's shoes, can you accept it if you hear Nichkhun talk about you like that?”

 

“No,” Tiffany admitted after pondering. “I don't think I can.”

 

Tiffany sighed and then said, “Don't worry, Taeng, I'll explain everything to him, okay?”

 

Jiyong had not spoken or even looked at her the whole time and preferred to pretend she was invisible. His actions hurt Taeyeon but she knew she couldn't blame him. A few times she would try to catch his eye but he would always turn away, quickly talking to whoever was standing beside him.

 

“Welcome to 101 Nights,” Krystal read aloud from the mission card. “For Jiyong oppa and Taeyeon unnie who got first place in the previous mission, you will be staying in a five star suite. Nichkhun oppa and Fany unnie will be staying in a three star hotel while Minhyuk and I will be staying in a motel. The missions will start tomorrow.”

 

“So, we're all staying in different places?” Tiffany asked.

 

“Yes,” The staff replied. “And also, we need to do some editing work with the VJ tonight so the staff with the camera man will be staying in the same hotel as Khun and Tiffany.”

 

Taeyeon glanced at Jiyong who wore no expression on his face. This is going to be bad. Jiyong is still furious with her and they will have to stay in the same room. No camera man in the same hotel with them so Jiyong can't even crash with the VJ. It seems like they are stuck together.

 

“Time to go, guys, your cabs are waiting for you.” The staff said.

 

Taeyeon looked up to see one of the staff signalling her to get into a cab with Jiyong. Jiyong was already walking towards the cab and Taeyeon quickly hurried over.

 

After getting into the cab, Jiyong stared out of the window, refusing to look at Taeyeon. The whole ride to their hotel was silent and as every minute passed, Taeyeon was getting more and more upset.

 

She hated the feeling of Jiyong staying so mad at her. They used to fight when they just started filming for the show, but the both of them had always quickly made up. This was the longest and most serious fight they ever had.

 

After getting out of the cab, Jiyong went to the foyer and checked them in. After the hotel staff handed them their card keys, they headed into the elevator.

 

“J-Jiyong...” Taeyeon started as the lift started moving up. “If there's anything I can do to make you feel better-

 

“There isn't.” Jiyong interrupted.

 

The elevator soon reached the top level and they exited, making their way to their suite. Jiyong stuck the card in and opened the door to reveal their room.

 

As soon as Jiyong entered, he made his way to the bathroom as Taeyeon stood in the middle of the huge suite. Taeyeon stared at the king sized bed and had an inkling that she would probably be sleeping there alone tonight.

 

She placed her luggage in a corner and sat on the couch, waiting for Jiyong. After fifteen minutes, the bathroom door opened and Taeyeon leapt up.

 

“Jiyong, just listen to me explain,” Taeyeon said. “Please.”

 

Jiyong finally looked up at her and said tiredly, “Just leave it, Taeyeon.”

 

Close to tears, Taeyeon went up to him, “No, just listen to me! I couldn't finish the conversation with Tiffany and my answer to her question is no. I've never thought of you as dirty! Yes, I admit that I'm scared because I don't want to become one of those flings to you. You scare me, Jiyong because I'm afraid that if I'm in too deep, I can't get out of it. That's the only thing I'm afraid of!”

 

Jiyong sighed, “I'm tired, I don't want to talk about this now, okay?”

 

Taeyeon stared at Jiyong, taken aback. She had just bared her heart to him about her insecurities and this is all he has to say?

 

She watched Jiyong walk to the bed and lie down on it. In a few minutes, she watched his steady breathing and realised he had fallen asleep.

 

Furious, Taeyeon grabbed her bag and left the room.

 

============================

 

Italy;Rome - St Regis Suite 01   23:46


Entering the suite, Taeyeon found herself in the dark and she wondered if Jiyong wasn't in. Switching the lights on, she threw her bag onto the couch and crossed the room.

 

She had just returned from dinner and drinks with several of the staff together with Nichkhun and Tiffany. She was reluctant to return but it was getting late and filming starts in the morning tomorrow.

 

Nearing the bed, Taeyeon noticed that Jiyong was still asleep. Glaring at him, she made her way to the bathroom and washed up.

 

After a good soak in the tub, Taeyeon emerged from the bathroom, ready for bed when she realised that she would have to sleep on the couch as Jiyong was occupying the bed. It wasn't fair. He had been sleeping since they arrived, it should be her turn to use the bed.

 

“Yah,” She rudely called out to him. “Kwon Jiyong.”

 

Standing in front of him, Taeyeon called out again, “Wake up! Get out of bed. I want to sleep.”

 

She watched Jiyong frown and then slowly opened his eyes.

 

“W-What time is it?” He asked breathlessly.

 

“Midnight,” Taeyeon replied. “Get up, it's my turn to sleep.”

 

Jiyong made no reply as he sat up slowly in bed. Taeyeon watched him and then she realised that Jiyong's face was pale and beads of sweat were forming on his forehead when the temperature in the room was in fact, cool.

 

“Jiyong,” Taeyeon stared at him, her anger towards him disappearing immediately. “Are you okay?”

 

Jiyong coughed and then nodded. He tried to get out of bed but stumbled just in time for Taeyeon to catch him.

 

“Why are you so warm?!” Taeyeon exclaimed as she held on to his arms.

 

She quickly lay him down on the bed and touched his forehead. It was burning as Jiyong drew in ragged breaths.

 

“You're having a fever! Why didn't you tell me?” Taeyeon asked frantically.

 

“I-I'm fine.” Jiyong muttered, his eyes closing.

 

“You're not!” Taeyeon replied and quickly ran to her luggage.

 

Rummaging through her stuff, she grabbed some aspirin and filled a glass of water for Jiyong.

 

“Here, take some of these.” Taeyeon said as she helped him sit up.

 

She watched him downed the pills dutifully and she said, “I can't believe you didn't tell me you're not feeling well.”

 

“I will recover soon.” Jiyong mumbled groggily and slipped back under the covers.

 

Taeyeon sighed and headed to the bathroom to grab a wet towel. She returned and placed the wet towel on Jiyong's forehead as he slowly fell back to sleep.

 

Throughout the night as Jiyong slept, Taeyeon fought back her sleepiness as she changed Jiyong's wet towel regularly. It was only until about five in the morning that Taeyeon dozed off in bed, right beside him.

 

===============================

 

Italy;Rome - St Regis Suite 01   09:01

 

Taeyeon's eyes fluttered open to the sound of vibration and she sat up immediately. Reaching for her phone on the nightstand, she frowned when she realised one of the 101 Nights staff was calling her.

 

“Taeyeon, filming is cancelled today.” The staff said as soon as she answered. “Don't step out of the hotel today, okay? There's a protest in the streets and it might turn violent.”

 

“What?” Taeyeon widened her eyes in alarm.

 

“Stay indoors, okay? Just take the time to rest. Inform Jiyong too. I've been calling him but he hasn't answered.” The staff said.

 

“Okay, I'll tell him.” Taeyeon replied and hung up.

 

Taeyeon gazed at Jiyong to see him sleeping with a frown. Taeyeon felt his forehead to find that his forehead was still hot.

 

“,” Taeyeon mumbled and then started shaking him, “Jiyong wake up, time to eat some aspirin.”

 

It took a few more shakes to wake him and Jiyong sat up slowly as Taeyeon handed him the pills and some water.

 

“How are you feeling?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“Like crap.” Jiyong said weakly.

 

His face was deathly pale and Taeyeon was starting to get really worried.

 

After taking the pills, Jiyong turned to Taeyeon, “It's time to leave right?”

 

“No, filming is cancelled. There's a protest outside and it might turn violent so we're not allowed to go out.” Taeyeon replied.

 

Jiyong nodded and then lay back into bed.

 

“I'm going to ask the hotel if I can get a doctor over, okay?” Taeyeon said.

 

“You don't have to do that. I'll be fine after more sleep.” Jiyong replied tiredly.

 

Ignoring him, Taeyeon headed downstairs and sought help from the front desk, telling them that her friend was sick and she needed a doctor over.

 

The hotel staff made some calls immediately but fifteen minutes later, informed Taeyeon that because of the protest, no doctors were willing to travel over.

 

Taeyeon called the 101 staff immediately and told them the situation.

 

“Taeyeon, we'll try to see if there are any doctors available but the protest has turned violent. No one is willing to head outside now.” The staff explained. “We'll try our best, okay?”

 

After hanging up, Taeyeon went back to the suite. Jiyong had fallen back to sleep and Taeyeon anxiously watched his laboured breathing.

 

Taeyeon went to him and sat beside him on the bed. Smoothing Jiyong's hair away from his face, she took a towel and wiped off the beads of perspiration on his forehead.

 

Her handphone started vibrating suddenly and Taeyeon leapt up to take the call. She walked to the living area, careful not to wake Jiyong up.


“Unnie, how is it?” She asked as soon as she answered.

 

“We tried but no doctors are available, Taeyeon. Most pharmacies are closed too. There's only one pharmacy open but it's too dangerous outside.” The staff replied.

 

“Which one?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“A few blocks from your hotel. The one next to the church.” The staff replied.

“Okay, I know where it is. It's not too far from my hotel. I'll go.” Taeyeon said immediately.

 

“Taeyeon! You're not allowed outside!” The staff said firmly. “It's dangerous! Turn on the TV! Some people have been trampled to death by the protest and police are firing protestors! What if you get shot accidentally?”

 

Taeyeon fell silent and the staff said, “Taeyeon, listen, it's too dangerous. Just wait for a few more hours, alright? Jiyong will be okay. Sometimes, the fever will just go away after some aspirin and sleep.”

 

“But he's been eating those aspirins since last night and it isn't working. He needs something stronger.” Taeyeon said, almost tearfully.

 

“Please Taeyeon, just wait for a while more. At least until the situation outside is stabalized. I promise that I'll go right out and buy some medicine for Jiyong once it is safer, okay?”

 

“But... I... O-Okay... Thanks, unnie.” Taeyeon muttered and hung up the phone.

 

She switched on the TV and muted it to see the screen filled with images of the protest going on outside. It was chaotic as people ran about trying to avoid the protesters or police.

 

Walking to the bathroom, Taeyeon took another wet towel and went back to Jiyong's side. He was starting to sweat profusely now and was starting to mumble incoherently.

 

“P-Pain...” Jiyong mumbled in his sleep as he tossed and turned. “It hurts...”

 

“Shh, it's okay, it'll be okay.” Taeyeon whispered and started wiping his face with the wet towel.

 

When Taeyeon touched Jiyong's arm, she flinched when she realised how warm he had gotten.

 

“T-Taeyeon... it hurts... head hurts...”

 

Taeyeon stared at him, as he continued to mumble in his sleep. Taeyeon finally decided she couldn't take it anymore. Grabbing her wallet, she rushed out of the suite immediately.

 

=========================

 

Daum:
Violent protest in Italy where 101 cast and crew are at. Fans and netizens express concerns.

[190,120 Likes, 79 Dislikes]
Oh my god, I hope all of them are safe.

 

[164,673 Likes, 1,467 Dislikes]
I'm sure Nichkhun will protect Tiffany. Let's just hope if anything happens, Minhyuk will do the same to Krystal and for GD, I think he will since he had protected Taeyeon from the Exo fan before.

 

Naver:
Mizuhara Kiko's Instagram text “I miss you. Stay safe please” sparks speculations that things between her and G-Dragon are not over.

[61,064 Likes, 8,567 Dislikes]
Stay away from GD. He looks so much happier now that he's away from you. Maybe Taeyeon's better for him.

 

[53,653 Likes, 6,212 Dislikes]
Sorry Kiko, but your on/off relationship with GD is getting tiring. Not sure why you won't admit that you're dating him when you're posting things like these on your Instagram. Attention much?

 

[29,113 Likes, 4,175 Dislikes]
Stop bashing Kiko, Gtae fans! Your fandom will not sail and Jiko is real unlike your delusional fandom.

 

 

Italy;Rome - St Regis Suite 01   10:20

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter