Malaysia III/China I

101 Nights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Malaysia; Bt Jaya Village - Hut 02   21:55

Taeyeon tossed and turned, unable to sleep. It was almost 10 pm and although she was feeling extremely tired, the fact that she had not bathed in more than 24 hours disgusted her. Earlier after Jiyong and her had walked to the lake which was secluded, Jiyong had asked Taeyeon if she wanted to bathe first as she looked like she was coming down with a fever due to her flushing face.

Taeyeon declined and told Jiyong to go ahead first which he did after they went back to their hut and Jiyong took his towel and a set of clean clothes. Taeyeon really wanted to shower but how could she just shower in the open? She was a woman after all!

In the end, Taeyeon went to the sink area and wet her towel. After wringing it, she wiped herself and felt a little better. But it didn't last long. After Jiyong came back all clean and refreshed, he kept commenting how surprisingly good it felt to bathe in the lake.

“Don't you want to bathe?” Jiyong had asked.

“Later.” Taeyeon lied as she pretended to be busy packing her stuff.

The two idols then spent the entire afternoon helping the elderly couple prepare dinner as filming continued. After dinner, the VJ handed the mission card to Taeyeon.

“Congratulations on paying off your lodging,” Taeyeon read. “Make your way to the address stated below tomorrow at nine in the morning with all your belongings. The last mission in Malaysia will be held there and you will be competing with the rest of the teams before flying off to the next country. Enjoy your last night in Malaysia.”

“I wonder where we'll be going next.” Jiyong said.

“I'm more worried about the last mission. I hope we won't be the last again.” Taeyeon replied.

After the VJ had turned off the camera and returned back to his guesthouse, Jiyong and Taeyeon decided to call it a night as they were exhausted. Taeyeon had been tossing and turning since they were back in the hut, unable to sleep.

Finally deciding that she couldn't take it anymore, she grabbed her clothes and tip toed her way out of the hut, trying her best not to wake the sleeping Jiyong. The cool night air greeted Taeyeon as she quickly rushed to the lake, praying that it would be deserted. After a fifteen minutes walk, Taeyeon managed to find the lake and after ensuring a few times that there was no one around, she quickly stripped and stepped into the cool water after hanging her clean clothes on a nearby branch.

“Omo, I shouldn't have waited so long if I know it would have felt so good.” Taeyeon sighed in happiness as she shampooed her long hair.

Taeyeon took her time as she slowly savoured in the wonderful feeling of bathing in the moonlight. Almost an hour later, she was starting to shiver so she decided she would head back and rest. Swimming to the edge of the lake, Taeyeon reached for her clothes but when her hands grasped into thin air, Taeyeon realised that her clothes were missing.

Did I remember wrongly? Did I hang it on another tree instead? No no, this is correct. It is this tree with this odd branch sticking out. , where are my clothes?!

Trying not to panic, Taeyeon swam slowly around the lake and that was when she noticed her clothes drifting across the water.

“!” Taeyeon cursed as she quickly swam towards her clothes.

It must have fallen while she was bathing! Taeyeon sighed and reluctantly thought of wearing back her dirty clothes when she heard a loud shuffle near the trees.

“Who's there?” Taeyeon gasped, turning towards the noise.

There was no one and the trees swayed peacefully against the breeze like normal. Taeyeon froze as she wondered if it was some wild animal.

! ! Are there any tigers in this forest?

As Taeyeon was swimming back to her pile of dirty clothes, she heard someone calling out for her.

“Kim Taeyeon!” Jiyong came running up the dirt path, coming into view.

“Arghhh!” Taeyeon screamed as she quickly ducked down, until her nose was just above the water surface.

Jiyong's eyes widened and then he blushed, before quickly turning away.

“Mianhe!” He called out. “I thought something happened to you since you were taking a really long time!”

“I-I'm fine!” Taeyeon stammered as she froze on the spot.

“Arasso,” Jiyong replied. “I'll just head back then.”

As he was about to walk off, Taeyeon called out, “W-Wait! Can you fetch me a fresh set of clothes?”

“Didn't you bring a set?” Jiyong asked, stopping in his tracks.

Taeyeon stared at his backview and replied, “It fell into the lake and now it's wet.”

“Arasso. Wait here for me.” Jiyong said.

“W-Wait!” Taeyeon called out and Jiyong turned around to look at her. “Please hurry. I think I heard some animal a while ago.”

Looking into Taeyeon's desperate eyes, Jiyong nodded and rushed off.

As Jiyong made his way back to the hut, his mind was still on Taeyeon.

. She looked so beautiful under the moonlight and it doesn't help at all that she's all wet and . Stop thinking of her, Jiyong... Think of Kiko. Yes, Kiko, your beautiful girlfriend... I better hurry though. Taeyeon must be cold. Taeyeon... Taeyeon... you, Kwon Jiyong! Shame on you for getting all excited over that girl.

As soon as Jiyong reached the hut, he went to Taeyeon's bags and opened them. After grabbing a t-shirt and shorts, he noticed her underwear in that bag too. He'll need to bring her these too, won't he? Jiyong chuckled as he stared at the leader of Seo Nyu Shi Dae's choice of underwear.

They're so innocent. It's either plain white or black. One particular bra caught his eye and he let out a chuckle. It was a purple checkerd bra. Not his first choice for underwear but at least it is cuter than the rest. Grabbing that bra and a matching purple , Jiyong rushed back to Taeyeon.

“Here, your clothes.” Jiyong said with his back turned.

“Don't turn around, arasso?” Taeyeon warned. “I'm coming out of the lake to take it from you.”

“Arasso, arasso. Just take it.” Jiyong replied impatiently.

Jiyong then heard the sloshing of water as Taeyeon made her way over. A image of Taeyeon came to Jiyong's mind before he could stop himself.

“!” Jiyong cursed out loud.

“Y-You scared me! Must you shout so suddenly?” Taeyeon's voice came up from behind.

“Ah, mianhe, it was just... never mind.” Jiyong replied.

He felt Taeyeon grab the clothes from him and then he heard further shuffling from her as she put on her clothes.

“Y-Yah,” Taeyeon stammered behind him. “You brought my...”

Jiyong grinned as he knew what Taeyeon was talking about. His lips formed a cheeky grin as he imagined her blushing right behind him.

“Brought your what?” Jiyong asked, trying his best not to laugh.

Taeyeon cleared , “M-My... My...”

“Hmm?”

“Never mind!” Taeyeon snapped and then after more shuffling from her, she walked past Jiyong holding her dirty clothes.

Jiyong followed behind Taeyeon and the both of them quickly made their way back to their hut. Jiyong could see that Taeyeon was embarrassed as she refused to make any eye contact with him and pretended to busy herself with packing of her clothes.

He was lying down on his mat, with his back facing Taeyeon when he heard her mumble, “Kamsahamnida.”

“It's fine. Goodnight, Kim Taeyeon. Purple really suits you.” Jiyong mumbled in response as he slowly drifted to sleep.

 

=======================

 

Malaysia; Bakri Village - Ho's Chicken Farm   09:14

“Please read the instructions on the mission card, Krystal-ssi.” The director said after handing out the mission card.

All the teams had arrived on time and cameras had started rolling. Taeyeon had woken up at seven earlier and was surprised to find that Jiyong was already awake. The both of them thanked the elderly couple and bade them goodbye before taking a cab with their VJ to the address stated on the mission card they received last night. Upon arriving, they realised that their last mission in Malaysia was actually taking place in a chicken farm.

After last night, Taeyeon hadn't spoken to Jiyong as she was still embarrassed over what had happened. She could still recall how mortified she was when she realised Jiyong had fetched her underwear too and then how he commented on how purple suits her. She swear she spotted Jiyong smirking to himself earlier when his eyes landed on her and that infuriated Taeyeon.

“For the last mission,” Krystal read, interrupting Taeyeon's thoughts. “Each team is required to catch as many... bwuh?!”

Everyone raised their eyesbrows and laughed at Krystal's reaction.

Krystal looked up at the producer, “Really? We have to catch the chickens with our bare hands?!”

The crew laughed as the seven other contestants groaned.

“Please, continue, Krystal-ssi.” The director replied between laughs.

“Arasso,” Krystal replied sulkily. “Each team is required to catch as many chickens as possible with their bare hands. The punishment for the losing team will be revealed later.”

There wasn't even time to discuss any strategy because once Krystal finished reading, the producer had blown on the whistle. Everyone scurried around, trying to chase the chickens that were scattered all around the farm.

Only Jiyong and Taeyeon remain rooted to the spot, unsure of what they should do.

“Taeyeon-ssi, Jiyong-ssi, please get a move on if you don't want to lose.” The director called out to them.

Jiyong snapped back to his senses and quickly tugged Taeyeon's arm, “Hurry, you don't want to lose again, right?”

Taeyeon nodded and the both of them quickly made their way

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter