Malaysia II

101 Nights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Malaysia - Bt Jaya Village   00:20

When the taxi pulled to a stop, Taeyeon and Jiyong stepped out of the taxi to find themselves surrounded by dirt and greenery everywhere. It was midnight and the two idols could hear the bugs chirping loudly into the night.

Jiyong turned to the VJ hyung immediately who have started filming again.

“Are we in the right place?” Jiyong asked.

“Neh.” The VJ nodded.

The orange glow from the streetlamps above provided them some light as they made their way to the thatched houses in the distance. Both Taeyeon and Jiyong have only seen such houses on TV and was surprised to find that the houses were made only from wood and mostly dried leaves.

“Welcome!” A couple in their mid-fifties emerged from one of the houses to greet them when they neared the houses.

Taeyeon and Jiyong said their hellos back in English as the couple smiled at them warmly.

“We have prepared one of these thatched houses for the two of you,” The elderly man said. “We'll wake up at 3:30 am to start fishing.”

“Three-thirty?” Jiyong echoed and held up his fingers to confirm the time.

The couple chuckled and nodded, “Have a good rest and we'll see you tomorrow.”

After the couple retreated back into their hut, the VJ off his camera and said, “Rest well, I'll meet you two at the fishing dock later at 3:30 am.”

“Oppa, where are you going?” Taeyeon asked, alarmed.

The VJ laughed, “I'll be staying at a guesthouse nearby.”

“A proper guesthouse? With real ceilings and floor?” Jiyong widened his eyes.

The VJ laughed and nodded.

“Take us with you, hyung!” Jiyong pleaded. “You can't possibly let us stay in these houses that are made of leaves!”

Despite Jiyong's pleas, the VJ shook his head firmly, “Mianhe, rules are rules. We have to follow them.”

Jiyong groaned, “Arasso... We'll see you tomorrow then.”

The taxi they had taken earlier was still waiting by the side of the road and after watching their VJ board the taxi, Taeyeon and Jiyong trudged to their hut.

“Maybe it wouldn't be so bad.” Jiyong said aloud.

“Are we sleeping in the same hut?” Taeyeon asked as they walked up the steps to their hut.

“I guess so.” Jiyong said and then opened the door to reveal the inside of the hut.

The entire hut was bare... except for two straw mats that were laid out on the floor.

“That's it?” Jiyong exclaimed.

Taeyeon stared at the hut. There was no air-conditioning and fan. How are they going to survive this? She could see Jiyong was freaking out and Taeyeon knew it wouldn't help eiher of them if she joined him as well.

“Let's not think so much about it.” Taeyeon said and took off her shoes. “We only have three hours to sleep.”

Jiyong eventually nodded and took off his shoes too as Taeyeon pulled a straw mat all the way to one side of the hut.

“Goodnight.” Taeyeon said and proceeded to lie down on the mat, her face facing the wall.

“Goodnight.” Jiyong responded.

Taeyeon was trying her best to sleep but due to the new environment, it wasn't easy. A few minutes later, she heard Jiyong talking softly on his phone.

“Yoboseyo? Are you asleep?” She heard him ask.

Taeyeon was a little surprised to hear the gentleness in his voice. She didn't mean to eavesdrop but he was the one who chose to talk in the same room.

Jiyong continued, “I miss you, girl. I really miss you. How was your day?”

Taeyeon frowned. Was it another one of his bed partners? She knew it wasn't any of her business but it made her feel disgusted. How could any girls fall for this man?

“Ah, , if only I can see you now. When all this is over, the first thing I'll do is to fly to wherever you are to see you. I bet you'll laugh if you get to see the situation I'm in now.” Jiyong said.

Taeyeon shut her eyes tighter as she tried to sleep.

“Love you, babe. Bye.” Jiyong finally said and hung up.

Taeyeon couldn't hear anything from Jiyong after that and she slowly let sleep consume her.

 

=========================

Malaysia; Bt Jaya Village - Hut 02   01:52

Taeyeon didn't know how long she had slept but she was rudely awaken when she felt something on her face.

Drip... drip... drip...

Taeyeon opened her eyes slowly and when her fingers touch her face, she realised that her face was wet.

Drip... drip...

It was when Taeyeon looked up and realised that the roof was leaking with rain water!

“Arghhh!” Taeyeon screamed and bolted up.

She spotted Jiyong still peacefully sleeping on the other side and she quickly ran over to him.

“Wake up!” Taeyeon shouted as she used her foot to push his back.

Flashes of lightning illuminated the night sky and the rain poured harder than before.

“Yah! Wake up!” Taeyeon shouted, this time a little desperate for Jiyong to wake up. “It's raining!”

“Hmm?” Jiyong sat up slowly and squinted at Taeyeon.

“It's raining and the roof is leaking!” Taeyeon shouted.

Jiyong sprang up immediately and his eyes widened when he realised the situation they were in. Droplets of rain water can be seen making their way through some of the small holes of the tatched roof.

“What should we do?” Taeyeon asked frantically.

Jiyong could see she was starting to freak out. Think, Jiyong, think!

“I saw some pails lying outside earlier. I'll go grab them and come back, arasso? We'll just put the pails where it is leaking.” Jiyong said.

“But it's storming outside.” Taeyeon replied worriedly.

“It'll be fine.” Jiyong said and dashed out of the hut before Taeyeon could say another word.

Taeyeon's eyes widened as she watched Jiyong descend the steps as the thunder roared overhead. It was too dark. How is Jiyong going to find his way through the dark and rain?

Taeyeon grabbed her phone and dashed after Jiyong.

“Wait up, I'm coming with you!” Taeyeon shouted through the loud pattering of the rain.

“No, go back!” Jiyong shouted and waved for Taeyeon to head back in.

He was only out in the rain for a minute and was already soaked from head to toe. Taeyeon ignored him and climbed down the steps and was now standing next to him. The wind howled as Jiyong watched Taeyeon on her phone's flashlight.

“Good thinking!” Jiyong shouted through the noise and Taeyeon grinned.

Sloshing through the rain, the two idols managed to grab the pails and head back into their hut. Very quickly, the two of them tackled every dripping spot and when all were finally conquered, Taeyeon then realised how very cold she was. Her teeth was starting to chatter as her wet clothes clung to her like a second skin.

“You need to change out of your clothes before you get sick.” Jiyong said, noticing Taeyeon who was now shivering.

“I-I c-can't...” Taeyeon replied. “T-The common b-bathroom is outside.”

“I'll turn around and you'll change, arasso?” Jiyong said firmly.

Taeyeon's eyes widened as Jiyong turned his back to her. How could she strip with him in the same room?

“I'll b-be fine...” Taeyeon replied. “I don't... don't h-have to cha-change...”

Jiyong spun back around and stormed over to Taeyeon.

“Yah, Kim Taeyeon! I'm not going to peep at you so just change, arasso?” Jiyong ordered angrily. “Your lips are turning blue!”

Taeyeon, a little startled at Jiyong's attitude merely nodded as Jiyong strode to a corner and turned his back to her again.

“You better change, arasso?” Jiyong called out.

“Arasso.” Taeyeon mumbled as she peeled her wet clothes off her.

Next to come off was her underwear and she had to constantly turn her head to check that Jiyong wasn't peeking as she hurriedly put on a new set. Finally she was done changing.

“I'm done.” Taeyeon announced.

“Good.” Jiyong replied and turned around.

Without any warning, Jiyong took off his wet shirt and Taeyeon yelped.

“Y-Yah!” She squeaked and quickly turned away, flushing in embarrassment.

“What?” She heard Jiyong's reply.

“W-Why didn't you tell me to turn away?” Taeyeon stammered.

She heard Jiyong chuckle and said, “It's just my shirt. What's the big deal?”

“I-I just...” Taeyeon trailed off. “J-Just warn me next time!”

“Neh, arasso.” Jiyong laughed. “I'm going to pull my pants off now.”

“You don't have to narrate what you're doing!” Taeyeon snapped.

She heard Jiyong laugh and then said, “You gotta loosen up, Kim Taeyeon.”

Taeyeon made no answer as she listened to the shuffle of his clothes. Her mind was still stuck with the image of a shirtless Jiyong. Taeyeon then realised how lean he was and actually had quite a nice body. He wasn't muscular like most idols but his built was still nice.

“I'm done.” Jiyong's voice broke Taeyeon out of her reverie.

Taeyeon didn't turn back as she checked the time on her phone. It was almost two in the morning and they barely slept.

“We're only left with a little more than an hour to sleep.” Taeyeon said as she shifted her mat to an empty space with no pails.

“Mmm...” came Jiyong's tired reply.

Taeyeon said nothing more as she lay on her mat and slowly drifted to sleep.

 

========================

Malaysia; Bt Jaya Village - Hut 02   03:30

 

Oh Baby, come to me little by little
No Baby, not too fast
The moon is bright tonight
Your moonlight shines on me
Your moonlight shines

 

Taeyeon cracked open her eyes as she woke up to the song 'Whisper' on her alarm. Her hand scuttled across the mat until it landed on her phone. She grabbed her phone and brought it to her face and shut off the alarm.

3:30 am... Why did I agree to be on this show?

Taeyeon groaned and sat up. She looked out of the window and realised that the rain earlier had stopped. It was still cold though. She turned to find G-Dragon still peacefully asleep.

“Wake up,” Taeyeon called out to him, her voice still thick with sleep.

There wasn't any reaction from Jiyong so Taeyeon got up and walked over to him. Kneeling down next to him, Taeyeon shook him awake.

“It's 3:30 am. We have to get up.” Taeyeon said in a louder voice this time.

“Just ten minutes, hyung. I'm really tired... I'll head to YG later myself.” Jiyong mumbled.

Taeyeon raised her eyebrows.

“Yah, wake up!” Taeyeon shouted and this time, Jiyong sat right up.

“!” Jiyong shouted, his eyes still closed. “Hyung, I told you I'll meet you later!”

Taeyeon could see that Jiyong was about to lie back down so she quickly pulled him up by his arm.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter