Chapter 9: Nothing Comes Easy

Clueless, yet Adorable
Please log in to read the full chapter

Previously on Clueless, yet Adorable:

“YOU??!”

“PRETTY TROUBLEMAKER?!”

Shocked expression was evident on everyone’s faces at the table.

 

Chapter 9: Nothing Comes Easy

 

“Wait wait wait…did you know her, Soo?” asked the eye-smiling girl when she saw the tall girl seemed to know the new girl. Meanwhile, Seohyun was looking at Yoona in confusion. “Hold on, Yoon. What’s with the title? Pretty Troublemaker??” asked the girl, obviously jealous with the statement her best friend just blurted out. The tanned girl was just standing awkwardly.

“Ehem. We—well…I—actually……” Sooyoung was stuttered horribly. She looked at her best friend for help, but Yuri just stood there, looking sideways like she didn’t know anything.

“Seo…remember when I was checking my phone...” Seohyun simply nodded, but still frowning. “…I was browsing through my Instagram and saw her photos on the Explore tab.”

“So??” the younger asked impatiently. The other three girls were just watching in amusement because Seohyun rarely acted that way. She was usually able to look composed no matter how bad the situation was.

“The caption and hashtags, Seo. They wrote that title” explained the doe-eyed girl nervously. She felt kind of offended with Seohyun’s sudden interrogation.

Seohyun then looked at the three girls. “Anyway Fany-unnie, Sooyoung and Yuri have known Yoona before.”

“WHAT?!” exclaimed the pink lover. Sooyoung and Yuri put a poker face on. Everyone was looking at their table because of her megaphone voice. The others at the table covered their ears because of the loudness.

“Unnie…don’t shout okay” whined the youngest.

Seohyun then continued, “I saw them stalking at the gate of Yoona’s house last time. They admitted that they spotted Yoona running around her house’s compound. And apparently, Yuri is Yoona’s neighbor.”

This time, Yoona’s eyes lit up. “Oh…….I remember now!” she said cheerfully. The two said girls blushed when they recalled back how stupid they looked when Yoona noticed them.

“I waved at them, Seo. But seriously, they were so funny that day.” She giggled upon remembering the scene. Unaware to Yoona, both Seohyun and Tiffany didn’t look like they were happy about the statement. Tiffany was obviously jealous that the girlfriend was looking, or shall she say drooling over her neighbor while Seohyun, well, she just didn’t like her unnies’ act on stalking her best friend.

When the situation gets too awkward, Yoona spoke, “Umm. Seo? Shouldn’t you be introducing them to me?”

“Ah right.” Seohyun put a small smile, to cover her jealousy. “Please have a seat, Yuri-unnie, Soo-unnie.”

Once they have seated, the youngest spoke, “Yoon, this is Yuri-unnie, which is Fany-unnie’s girlfriend…” Yuri bowed awkwardly after taking a seat next to her sulking girlfriend. “…and the person next to you…” Sooyoung took a seat next to Yoona, which was across the three girls “is Sooyoung-unnie.”

“I’m Yoona, nice to meet both of you.” Yoona greeted politely. She actually wanted to ask about the whole stalking thing, but rather keep it inside until she had time with only Seohyun.

Sooyoung was staring at the girl’s face. She was mesmerized with the beauty next to her. ‘She’s way waaay waaaaaay prettier when seeing her close.’

“Why don’t we get our lunch, Soo? Since the girls already ordered theirs.” The tanned girl spoke to the girl before her, but was ignored since the girl couldn’t stop staring at Yoona.

“Soo? YAH SOO!” Yuri slightly raised her voice. Sooyoung was startled when she heard someone called her name.

“Oh yes. Sure! Let’s get it” she felt embarrassed with her obvious stares at the girl beside her.

Soon the two troublemakers went to get their lunch while the three girls continued their conversation.

“Anyway Yoona, what course are you taking?” asked the eye-smiling girl.

Yoona swallowed a spoonful of vanilla ice-cream, and then said, “I’m majoring in Business Administration, unnie.”

“I see. I guess I’ll be seeing you more often during the Music Club session then.” Tiffany said excitedly.

They were exchanging stories about their background when the troublemakers came with their tray of food. Without hesitation, Sooyoung chose to sit next to Yoona again. Seohyun, on the other hand, puffed her cheeks and rolled her eyes silently. The oblivious girl just kept feeding herself with the ice-cream treated by her best friend.

“So Yoona, have you toured the uni?” asked the tall girl casually. Sooyoung was already dropping honorific but the latter seemed fine with that. She was about to eat her meal while waiting for the latter’s response.

“Nope. Probably after lunch…”

Sooyoung cut the girl’s word and blurted, “I’ll show you!” The words slipped too instant that made the other girls gaped. Yuri chocked herself because of her best friend was making it too obvious that she liked the doe-eyed girl.

Yoona raised her eyebrows.

“I—I mmmean….I can show y-you around…You know…like…we can…” stuttered the tall girl. That gained fit of giggles from the latter.

“Alright. Since you seem excited to show me around…I’ll be glad to accept your kind offer.” Yoona replied sincerely with a smile which Seohyun thought that her best friend was flirting.

Sooyoung stopped chewing. She didn’t expect the girl would agree. “Uhm. Okay!” she answered.

Throughout the lunch, Yoona and the other girls were getting along very well with them. Moreover, much to Seohyun’s dismay, her Soo-unnie was being too talkative and friendly than usual whenever she interacted with Yoona.

 

Seohyun’s POV

Sooyoung-unnie was asking Yoonbaby if she had toured around or not. Since when did unnie talk too casually to someone she just knew?

“I’ll show you!” I heard unnie said. My eyes were almost popping out from its socket. If we weren’t in front of the public, I would have strangled unnie’s neck! I’m kidding! I mean, she’s one of my favorite unnies…but……….DID SHE JUST FREAKING OFFER HERSELF TO MY BABY?!!

“Alright. Since you seem excited…..” Yoona replied. I couldn’t hear other words coming after that. All I could hear was my Yoonbaby just sai

Please log in to read the full chapter