Chapter 6: For Real?

Clueless, yet Adorable
Please log in to read the full chapter

Previously on Clueless, yet Adorable:

“Your daughter…..”

He showed them Yoona’s exam paper.

“OMO!”

“YOONA!”

 

Chapter 6

“Your daughter…..”

“…she did it well, hyung!” exclaimed Mr. Im's acquaintance.

“OMO!”

“YOONA!” Both Mr. and Mrs. Im gasped upon looking at the results.

The Im parents were still shocked that they could not utter a word. After few moment of silence, Yoona and Seohyun appeared from the study room. Both of them giggled at the reaction showed.

“heheheheeh”

Mr. Im kept looking at the exam paper and Yoona countless times while Mrs. Im was remained speechless.

The examiner, who happened to be Mr. Im’s close friend, was awkwardly standing before the Ims.

“Yah Jaesuk-ah! You’re kind of overreacting, don’t you think?” said Mr. Lee. He turned to face the youngest Im. He waved his hand in front of Mr. Im’s face.

“You know Yoona, your father can be overreaction sometimes, and it annoys me too” the two girls laughed at his remark.

“Omo Kwang Soo yah. I couldn’t believe this. Yoona’s grade is---is…”

“Excellent! Right Appa?” the mischievous cut her Appa’s word. Mrs. Im went to hug her daughter tightly. Yoona kissed her cheeks in return.

“Indeed, Yoona. You did well for this exam. To be honest, this paper you’ve just sat earlier is the toughest I’ve ever arranged.”

“Seriously, uncle??” Now it was her turn to feel shock. He nodded in response.

“Yes. Your Appa here requested me to prepare the toughest questions for you. So torturing, don’t you think Yoona?” he snickered at his friend.

“With this result, you could even enter the university in US. Well done, pretty girl!” he continued.

Yoona pouted at the thought of her father requesting the tough questions for her. Seohyun who had been the spectator of the scene came closer to Yoona.

“Hey, what’s with that pout? You look ugly like that, Yoonbaby” Seohyun . The latter pout even more with the addition of the frown on her forehead.

“Aigoo~ come here now.” Upon hearing that, she hugged her best friend but still sulking at her Appa. Mrs. Im patted her daughter’s head with a satisfied smile.

“Yah yah yaaah! You’re going to create a hole if you keep staring at it, buddy” said Mr. Lee.

Instead of responding verbally, Mr. Im hugged Mr. Lee as a way of saying thank you. He was holding the tears. Although he had mixed feelings about Yoona going to study outside the mansion, he felt beyond happy with her achievement.

“Thank you, Kwang Soo. Really, thank you so much!” Mr. Lee smiled sincerely. He could not believe his best friend would ask him to prepare an entrance exam for the daughter. He never thought that his friend, who was known to be overly-protective of Yoona, would actually let her out.

“Don’t worry hyung. You make a good decision to let her…” Mr. Lee muttered which sounded almost a whisper while hugging his friend. As a good friend, he supported his decision.

After a moment, both gentlemen let go of the hug.

“Please take care of her, Kwang Soo-ah.” They shook hand with smiling face.

Yoona who overheard the conversation came to approach her Appa and Uncle Lee.

“Take care of me? What do you mean Appa? Are you leaving??”

The doe-eyed girl was already b of tears in her eyes. Her best friend rolled her eyes because the girl was being oh-so-dramatic at that moment.

Mr. Im had that are-you-kidding-me face on.

“Aigoooo. Aniya. I’m not going anywhere Yoongie.” He brought Yoona closer to Uncle Lee. Mrs. Im and Seohyun also moved closer surrounding the girl.

“Yoongie, Appa has something to tell you…” he said slowly while glancing at Seohyun. The youngest Im didn’t speak a word but her face clearly showed a questioning look.

“Starting from next week, you will no longer be studying in this mansion” spoke Mr. Im with a serious look. Noticing the look on her Appa’s face, the naive Yoona felt nervous.

“Appa….” was the only word she could mutter. Then she glanced at her mother, Mr. Lee and Seohyun. ‘Are they planning to send me away?’ she thought sadly. The room was really quiet.

“Because……

…….you will be…

………………………….” Before Mr. Im could finish his words, Yoona cut it.

“Andweeeee Appa! I don’t wanna go! Andwe!!”

The other four figures were amused with her response.

“Let your Appa finish first, Yoona-yah. Aigoo” says Mr. Lee calmly.

“No, I don’t want to! You guys are going to send me off right??”

She looked at her mother “…right Umma??!”

Then, she begged at her best friend “Seohyun-ah, I don’t wanna go to US!”

“Yah Yoonbaby! Calm down! Oh goodness…” Seohyun was trying to grab Yoona’s arm but the girl pulled her hand.

“I can’t---“

“You’llbestudyinginuniversitywithSeohyun!” exclaimed Mrs. Im which finally managed to stop her daughter’s tantrum. She was inhaling and exhaling for air after that.

Yoona who was in Seohyun’s embrace suddenly stopped moving. After few seconds, she slowly pulled away from the hug. She stepped backward to get a clear view of the four figures.

“Wait……….what did you say, Umma?” She actually heard it clearly, but her mind was having a hard time to process the information.

Everyone in the corridor outside the study room rolled their eyes. Yoona’s innocence can be irritating sometimes.

“You’re overreacting Yoonbaby, did you know that?” Seohyun smiled at her friend’s stupid reaction.

Mr. Lee and Mrs. Im laughed at the girl’s joke.

“Jaesuk-ah, does she always like this? I hope she won’t give me a hard time in the university” joked Mr. Lee. His best friend smiled in response before turning to his daughter.

“You’re going to the university with Seohyun, Yoongie. Happy now?” says Mr. Im giving a warm smile to his daughter.

“Omo! Jjinja?! Is this for real?” she gasped with her eyes wide opened. The others nodded their head excitedly.

Please log in to read the full chapter