Chapter 17: Don't Fall Just Yet

Clueless, yet Adorable
Please log in to read the full chapter

Previously on Clueless, yet Adorable, Chapter 16: The Past and More

Seohyun looked at the door and a grateful look was evident.

The tall figure on the door ran to the two girls on the floor. “What happened, Seohyun-ah??!” She turned Yoona’s head gently to face her and was shocked that the latter’s face was pale.

Yoona’s condition was still weak. The other girls arrived and showed the same reaction as the tall girl’s when they spotted the pale-skinned girl on Seohyun’s laps.

“YOONA!!!?”

 

Chapter 17: Don't Fall Just Yet

 

“Yoon, can you hear us?”

Two tall figures ran to the bed as soon as they noticed some movements from the girl’s fingers on the bed. Yoona tried to open her eyes slowly. Her blurry vision started to become clearer after few seconds. Her eyes roamed around the room and settled at one figure.

“S—Seo……” her husky whisper was heard.

The others in the room also surrounded the bed and looked intently at the doe-eyed angel who was lying on the bed.

Then she turned to the other side and saw the tall figure was looking at her worriedly while holding her left hand.

“W—where am I?”

“Umma, App—Appa…Wh—here are they?” Tears were about to fall when she couldn’t find her parents. Somehow the traumatic feeling was threatening to invade her memory again. Her body and hands were shaking as her breathing pace becoming quicker than usual.

Everyone in the room became frantic upon seeing the girl on the bed.

“Yoon??? Yoonbaby?! Can you hear me??” Seohyun was trying to calm Yoona down.

The tall girl on the other side yelled to her friends, “Get the doctor now! Quick!!”

Hyoyeon and Tiffany ran out from the room and followed Sooyoung’s instruction. Yuri was helping the two girls to hold Yoona’s body so that she could stay put. Yoona’s condition had worsening at that rate. Her face was so pale.

The remaining three girls in the room were trying to comfort Yoona and at the same time, they couldn’t hold their tears any longer by looking at the doe-eyed angel’s condition.

“Yoon, listen. Yoona! Im Yoona!!”

“Where’s the doctor?! God!” Sooyoung kept pressing the emergency button near to Yoona’s bed.

Yuri kept quiet as she wanted to be the calm one at that moment. If all of them were to get panicky, the situation might get out of hand.

Not long after that, the door opened abruptly and they were greeted with a view of a figure in white lab coat and followed by a nurse behind her. The doctor moved quickly to where Yoona was.

“Get me the injection, Nurse Lee!” ordered the doctor. She looked calm although the situation was otherwise.

The short nurse took out the injection tools out from the box she carried along with her and handle it professionally. After few seconds, she handed the injection syringe to the doctor and the procedure was carried out.

After a while, Yoona became unconscious due to the liquid inserted into her vein. The Soshi girls breathe gratefully as the situation was back to normal.

The doctor turned to face the Soshi girls. She emitted the cold aura but it didn’t seem to offend any of the girls. “What happened earlier? Did something trigger her memory?”

They looked at each other confused. As far as they remember, they didn’t really say much when the doe-eyed girl woke up.

“S—She just…Oh, she was looking for her parents!” said the youngest girl in the room. She was still sniffing a little bit after the crying she had upon watching the reaction from her best friend.

The doctor nodded twice. She then faced the nurse and said, “Inform Mr. Im about this.” The nurse nodded. “Also, I need all her past records. Anything you can find because I need to make some reviews later.” Again, the nurse took note and nodded.

Sooyoung came closer and stood a meter away from the doctor. “Is she going to be okay?” asked the tall girl worriedly.

What came to surprise them in the room was the reaction given by the doctor after Sooyoung’s question. The doctor smiled. Sincerely.

“Don’t worry. Something or someone may have triggered her past memory. A memory she doesn’t seem to remember clearly, yet it haunts her down. In short, trauma attack.”

Some of them look lost and surprised by the doctor’s explanation. It was not because they didn’t understand. It was simply because they had no idea what the girl went through in the past. But Seohyun knew. She knew it too well.

 

Rooftop of General Hospital, Im Corp.

Two girls were leaning on the rail while staring into space. They went up to the rooftop to get some air after an overwhelming situation they encountered earlier. Both of them let out sigh almost at the same time.

The older girl turned to her right, “Challenging day, isn’t it?”

The latter nodded, still staring at nothing in particular before her eyes.

“What happened to her, Seohyun-ah? Trauma attack?” asked the tall girl curiously.

Seohyun contemplated whether she should tell her friend about Yoona’s past memory or not. She glanced at the older girl and they exchanged glances for few seconds.

“Yoona…She lost that ‘past’ memory a long time ago.”

That statement made Sooyoung frowned. “Sh—She lost her memory? You’re saying that she…”

Seohyun cut her word, “Not all her memory, unnie. She just didn’t remember part of it. Especially that one tragedy when she was a little kid.”

“B—bwo??” Sooyoung stuttered after knowing the truth. ‘Yoona experienced a sad tragedy?’ she questioned it in her mind.

Seohyun turned to face the front and she sighed heavily. “Dae, unnie. She was kidnapped and made into a hostage in a dark room. That’s what I was told, when Uncle Im explained that time.”

The tall girl gasped in shock. She couldn’t believe that the beautiful angel she knew was once experiencing such a heart-breaking past.

Seohyun continued, “She was in a coma for quite some time. And when she woke up, she couldn’t remember anything from that incident. That time, the doctor said that it could be because she forced herself or refused to remember it.”

The younger girl sighed. “…and she may experience trauma attack once in a while. But it’s been years she didn’t experience it. I guess, the feeling she get when we got locked up in the locker room triggered that miserable memory of hers.” Seohyun cried.

Sooyoung gaped after listening to the explanation. It took few minutes for her to process all the information in her mind. It was hard to believe such past could make her favorite girl experienced trauma attack.

 

After a week, Yoona was discharged from the hospital after countless persuasion. She convinced her parents that her health condition was getting better and she could discharge. Mr. and Mrs. Im agreed but under two conditions; 1. She must get herself checked daily for a month by the family doctor. 2. She needs to skip classes for a month.

Yoona wanted to protest but accepted the conditions unwillingly because she couldn’t stand staying in the hospital. It was white and dull, as stated by her.

 

The girls were gathered in Yoona’s bedroom. Hyoyeon and Yuri were playing PS3’s Just Dance, Sooyoung was busy cleaning and fixing her camera, Tiffany and Seohyun just left the room to prepare food in the kitchen and Yoona just sitting on her bed, sulking.

“Why couldn’t I join Yul and Hyo-unnie?” she questioned to herself.

Sooyoung chuckled. “You need to get enough rest before going back to uni, Yoongie. Stop complaining.”

“B—but I…….”

The tall girl put her camera down and walked to the bed. “Not but’s. Just rest comfortably, Yoongie-ah.” Sooyoung placed her hands at her waist like a boss.

Yoona scowled. “Soo…you’re being such a mom right now.” She pouted and secretly glanced at the tall girl. She knew she could win anything with her pout.

Sooyoung blushed and turned her head to the side. “Yah yah! Don’t t—try to do that. I—I won’t f-fall for th—that trick” She stuttered.

The girl on the bed smirked. Then, she got down from the bed and approached the tall girl slowly. “Rrrrreaaaally?”

The latter tried to act cool with her head still turning to the side. “Of course!”

Yoona was now standing right in front of the girl. Sooyoung was unsure if it was a good or a bad timing. Just when she turned her head to face the front, Yoona’s face was just few inches away from her. The close proximity of their faces made the tall girl speechless.

The doe-eyed girl used her aegyo voice, “Can I play with them now, Young

Please log in to read the full chapter