Chapter 16: The Past and More

Clueless, yet Adorable
Please log in to read the full chapter

Previously on Clueless, yet Adorable, Chapter 15: Confession 101

BUGHHH!

The glass door at the balcony opened abruptly.

“Ms. Kim, don’t—” the maid was trying to stop Hyoyeon but was too late.

Yoona stared at the blonde girl blankly. Her doe-eyes were wide opened, surprised with the sudden appearance of the blonde girl.

The blonde girl ran towards the table. “What’s up yo?!” but when she realized that Seohyun glared at her; she finally noticed that the girl was going to confess. “Opppsss!” She covered and ran back inside. “Sorry!!!!” she shouted giddily before closing the glass door. That reaction made Yoona confused but she decided to shrug it off.

And again, Seo Joohyun failed to confess on that day. “Thanks” to her favorite unnie for interrupting the moment.

 

Chapter 16

The Past and More

 

In the Morning, SM University

For someone who hungers for attention from people, or in short, attention-seeker, he or she would probably enjoy receiving the letters and gifts outside their locker room from the fans. But that doesn’t apply to Im Yoona, and yet, her daily life in the university has been filled with endless praises, confessions and expectedly, jealousy.

“Aigoo Yoon…I think we’d need to provide a van for these gifts!” stated her best friend.

Yoona wasn’t complaining. She appreciated all the troubles and efforts the fans had to go through in making or purchasing gifts for her. But at times, she wished they would stop wasting their money on something that could have been used for other useful purposes.

“Woah Yoongie! Would you mind if I eat this chocolate? There are boxes of chocolates, cupcakes, crackers and even…….wait, are those sacks of rice?? Waaaaah, are they like donating to the third-world country or something?” exclaimed the tall girl. As a self-proclaimed and proud shikshin, she couldn’t stop staring at the edible gifts from Yoona’s fans.

“ACK!”

The doe-eyed girl knocked the tall girl’s head softly. “Yaaaaah~ don’t joke about the third-world country okay.”

Currently, the three of them were in the locker room to get their stuffs before entering class.

The tall girl pouted and pretended to sulk. “I wasn’t making fun of it…I was just stating a fact, Yoongie-ah.”

Sooyoung continued, “I’m going…” Her pretentious act caught the doe-eyed girl off guard.

“Yah yah! I’m sorry, Youngie~” Yoona back-hugged the girl. Sooyoung enjoyed the moment, but the third figure in the room did certainly not like the scene before her.

Seohyun was already at the door, her back facing the other two hugging girls.

“Tch! I wanted to be the one being hugged by Yoonbaby…” she muttered silently to herself while hitting the doorknob countless time and playing with the electronic lock. Since the room was provided for the Soshi girls, the management had installed the lock to prevent from other intruders. Seohyun pushed the buttons randomly with anger and jealousy bottled up in her.

She heard fading voices of the two which sounded so sweet yet she felt like she wanted to just pull Yoona away from Sooyoung. ‘Ugh, how I wished I could do that though…’

Sooyoung and Yoona let go the hug and faced each other. The tall slender girl pinched the girl’s cheek. “I want to show you something.” She smiled sweetly while staring at Yoona’s eyes.

She caressed the girl’s cheek gently, “Wait for me, okay?”

Yoona nodded and smiled back, although she didn’t quite get what the girl meant by that. She blushed slightly when Sooyoung kissed her forehead before leaving her and Seohyun in the locker room.

The youngest girl was turning at the wrong time as she witnessed the kiss on her best friend’s forehead. Somehow, she could feel her heart being twisted and tears were pooling inside her eyes. She held it in and turned to other way instead. When Sooyoung already left the room, she came closer to her best friend.

 

Sooyoung’s POV

As soon as the door behind her closed, she danced and jumped playfully outside the locker room. The passerby looked at her incredulously. Some of the students laughed at her dorkiness and part of them were mesmerized by the funny behavior by the so-called Cold Choi.

She hardly showed the playful side of her in front of the others. But at that instance, she couldn’t hide her happiness and excitement.

‘I’m going to confess to her very soon. Im Yoona, wait for me’ she thought.

On her way to class, she couldn’t stop imagining what she should do for the confession to happen. Those who bumped into her couldn’t believe that Sooyoung smiled widely to them.

Some commotions could be heard but Sooyoung just ignored it.

“Omo omo! She smiled!”

“The Cold Choi smiled at me, guys!!!”

“Damn that smile!”

 

Flashback

Yoona was lying sideways on Sooyoung’s lap. That afternoon, the two girls decided to spend time together after the Music Club session. Currently, they were watching the movie at Sooyoung’s place.

While the doe-eyed angel was watching the movie, the latter just stared at Yoona’s face and playing with her hair. Yoona didn’t seem to feel distracted at all as she paid all her attention towards the movie she randomly picked between the collections of DVDs in Sooyoung’s bedroom. The movie titled The Notebook was chosen by her and she couldn’t stop concentrating on watching it.

At some point of times, Yoona commented about the current scene she was watching. At times, she went all WOW or OMG when she felt the handsome aura from the lead actor. Sooyoung gave a snort of disgust, or jealousy, but the other girl didn’t notice it. Then, she got really emotional when the mother of the lead actress of the movie disapproved the love between the daughter Allie (acted by Rachel McAdams) and Noah (acted by Ryan Gosling) due to the difference of social classes.

“Why did she do that to her own daughter?” she asked to no one in particular. She was frowning deeply as she didn’t like the scene. After all, she was the clueless, naïve girl.

“I’d really get mad at Umma if she did that, in which I’m pretty sure she won’t.HEHE But really, social classes are merely statuses, nothing more nothing less. Who says happiness lasts forever if they were born in a wealthy family? And who says you couldn’t be more than happy given that you were born in a low-class society??”

Upon seeing the girl’s reaction, Sooyoung chuckled silently and caressed the latter’s forehead to smooth the frown. She was enjoying the magnificent view on her laps instead of the TV screen.

Then, another scene showed the two leading actor and actresses were rowing at the sea. It was all sweet and romantic at first. Sudden rain and storm ruined the moment initially which leads to the scene where the actress shouted why Noah didn’t write to her. When the actor explained that he did write 365 letters to Allie, the audience of the movie, in this case was Yoona, got so emotional and sobbed hard.

“Oh My God…this scene is killing me. Noah must have hurt so much when she asked him that, right?” Another remark made by the doe-eyed angel.

The love scene followed after which caused the girl lying rosy-cheeks but the other one seemed oblivious with the scene on the TV.

Sooyoung didn’t know how long had she been sleeping as she was awakened by the sound of a girl, sobbing and the shoulder movement by the girl on her laps.

She looked down to her laps and spotted the doe-eyed angel with her red and puffy eyes staring at her. Yoona was already lying flat on the couch with her head was still on the tall girl’ laps.

“OMO! Yoongie, what happened to you??” asked the tall girl frantically. She didn’t even get the time to feel groggy after the nap.

Her sobbing was decreasing gradually, but slight hiccups were still evident. “I—I ju—just…I mean…th—the movie is so sad…I cried a lot, Youngie-ah.” The girl tried to smile in the middle of her attempt to hiccup-and-explain to the tall girl.

Sooyoung chuckled. “Aigoo~ stop being so cute, Yoongie.” She found everything about Yoona is cute. Whatever she did or said while watching and after that, Yoona had been nothing but adorable. So adorable that Sooyoung couldn’t help but to wonder if she made the girl to be hers.

Upon hearing Sooyoung’s words, the other girl pouted. “What do you mean cute? I cried okay…Puffy eyes, pinched-nose voice…and—”

She didn’t get to finish her words when her stomach grumbled quite loud. She covered her face, “…and I’m hungry…” she said shyly.

The tall girl laughed and removed the hands from Yoona’s face. She held it tight and dive her head down slightly. The proximity of their faces was so close but the girl on the laps seemed not bothered at all as she stared blankly at Sooy

Please log in to read the full chapter