Chapter 4: Break Free

Clueless, yet Adorable
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Flashback

Paris

As a representative of her father’s company, the young woman attended a business conference held by the Im Group Corp. She felt worn out after 3-hour conference with no break in between. ‘Finally, it’s over!’

She was ready to leave the venue when a voice stopped her from entering the limousine near the entrance door of the building.

“Seohyun”

She turned to face the owner of the voice.

“Yes, Uncle Im?” She bowed her head briefly and smiled at her best friend’s father.

“No need to be so formal, Seobaby. The conference is over anyway” he had already assumed the girl just like his own daughter.

“…actually uncle has a favor to ask from you, Seo” Mr. Im Jae Suk’s expression clearly showed uneasiness whether to ask or otherwise.

“You can always ask anything, uncle. What is it?” She asked politely with a convincing smile to ease her uncle’s uneasiness.

“I am a bit worried with Yoona’s performance in Accounting. I know this may sound like a less important thing to you…but…”

“Everything that concerns Yoona is always important to me, uncle” she cut it confidently.

“Just tell me.” She continued.

“Uncle is thinking of hiring you as her new Accounting tutor.”

The pretty girl giggled upon her uncle’s request. Tutoring Yoona wouldn’t be a problem to her.

“You may ask anything from uncle, Seo. Uncle will grant your…”

“Just one condition, Uncle Im. Just this one.” She spoke with a determination.

“Anything! What is it?” Mr. Im was happy that the girl agreed to help him.

“I want Yoona to be enrolled in SM University of Im Group Corp.” That came out confidently and quite authoritatively.

Mr. Im was taken aback by the request.

“What?”

“You heard me right, uncle. That’s my only condition” she was actually asking for something impossible from the latter. Saying that she wasn’t nervous would be understatement. It was a nerve-wrecking decision for Mr. Im.

“Why, Seohyun-ah?” He was already frowning with the thought of his daughter.

“…because she deserves that, Uncle Im. Yoona…eventually she will need to go out of the mansion too.” Seohyun’s tone sounded more like pleading to the man in front of her.

“B-but Seohyun-ah…Uncle cannot….”

“I promise you, uncle. Yoona has always been my number one priority. There’s no way I would risk her life if I hadn’t known the consequences of this request.”

She held her uncle’s arm to show how serious she was about the promise. Seohyun was aware how protective Yoona’s parents were. Thus, she expected a good response from Mr. Im who seemed to be in a deep thought.

 

Present

That morning, Yoona was informed by Mr. Im regarding her Accounting exam. But, what surprised her more was when her father told her to study really hard for other subjects as well. As far as she was concerned, she already did well, indeed it was beyond excellent for other subjects.

“But Appa…….” She whined with pouting face.

“No, Yoona. Don’t argue anymore. This is Appa’s request. After all, you need to update the knowledge that you’ve learned once in a while.”

“I took the exam last month, Appa…last month! Waaaeeee” She even stomped her feet like a little girl.

Honestly, the exam would not be the usual exam Yoona had sat before. He was actually arranging an entrance exam from the university for his daughter. With his own authority, he could enroll his daughter straight away. But, he thought it would not be fair to use such power for his own good. Besides, he already agreed to fulfill Seohyun’s request.

“Tch. He likes to torture me, right Wendy?” She mumbled which directed to one of her maids.

“I heard that, Yoongie.”

“HEHEHEHEHEHE” The three maids giggled at Mr. Im’s response.

The young lady of the house rolled her eyes before leaving to her study room. She was waiting for her best friend to tutor her.

 

Kwon Residence

A black BMW i8 was parked in front of the entrance door of the mansion. A tall figure came out hastily and rushed to find her best friend. It was 7:30 in the morning and she wasn’t one of those early birds. Surprisingly, she woke up so early and tried to call her best friend for a morning jog around the area. More like, she wanted to check out the Im Residence though.

Once she reached Yuri’s bedroom, she rolled her eyes as she spotted a sleeping figure on the bed. ‘Tsk. No wonder she didn’t reply my text’

Sooyoung went near the bed and jumped on the bed joyfully.

“Yah Yul! W-wake up now!” still jumping but the latter didn’t even move a muscle.

“You—better wake u—p Yul or I would tell Fany about….”

“YAH!” Yuri kicked her off the bed upon hearing the threat.

“UFFFFF! Geez Yul…” Her best friend was on the floor, groaning in pain.

Yuri rolled her eyes.

“You deserved that. Uhhhh….” The tanned girl stretched her body leisurely. After she was fully conscious, she went out of the bed and pulled Sooyoung up from the floor. The tall girl pouted and frowned due to the sudden back pain after the fall.

“You almost killed this y creature, did you know that?!” She waved her body at the word ‘y’ which failed miserably as her back pain was still there. “Ugh!”

Yuri sat on the long couch while staring at the standing figure in front of her.

“Am I having nightmare….or you are REALLY in that sport attire right now??” She even blinked countless time to make sure.

“Stop it, Yul. Just for your information, I do exercise too, okay”

“BAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHA” her best friend was rolling on the couch uncontrollably.

“Whatever, Yul.”

“Aigoo. Just stop it, Soo. Why are you here?” asked Yuri, still laughing slightly. She was amused to see the girl to be so early.

Please log in to read the full chapter