Chapter 7: Quality Time

Clueless, yet Adorable
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

The next day, Im Residence

Seohyun decided to have sleepover at her best friend’s house after endless persuasion from the latter. To not disappoint the girl, she agreed to stay for the night to celebrate the girl’s admission to the university. It was already 9 in the morning when she was awakened by the rays of light sneaking through the curtains.

She tried to move a bit but she noticed Yoona was using her right hand as the pillow.

“Aigoo Yoonbaby…I’m so gonna get hand cramps for the whole day.” She muttered lowly and staring at the girl’s face. Seohyun tried to turn her body to the right slightly so she could see a clear view of the sleeping figure next to her.

Involuntarily, her left hand was caressing the latter’s face tenderly. Her nose. Her cheeks. Her lips. ‘You make me feel confused sometimes, Yoon.’ Seohyun was thinking silently while enjoying the magnificent view before her.

Few minutes after, Seohyun decided to wake her up because Yoona had attire-fitting session with her stylist designer after lunch. Mrs. Im had arranged that session in preparation for her daughter’s university outfit next week.

“Yoonbaby~” She tapped the girl’s shoulder few times, but to no avail. Then she tried to tickle the latter’s waist but again, the girl giggled but refused to wake up. She pulled her hand under Yoona’s head slowly to sit on the bed. Next, she pulled the blanket away from the girl and shook the girl’s body. The latter moved slightly before continuing her beauty sleep. Seohyun puffed her cheeks in frustration because she knew the girl wasn’t really sleeping.

“What’s the password, Seo? My eyes are still locked” the girl asked teasingly while her eyes were still closed. Seohyun was confused with the question.

“Yaaaah~ wake up already! What password are you talking about?” The younger whined because of the teasing. Yoona pouted in response.

“So you don’t remember our sleepover rules anymore….” The girl said sulking at the latter. She pouted with her eyes still close and obvious frown on her forehead. Seohyun tilted her head in confusion. The room was quiet as the sleeping figure was waiting for Seohyun to break the password.

‘Oh my God. Seriously, what password is she talking about?’ Seohyun thought harder this time. Few seconds after, suddenly she recalled a flashback moment when she had a sleepover at Yoona’s when they were little kids.

Flashback

Seohyun was sleeping soundly and didn’t notice it was already morning. Two 9-year-old girls were lying side by side on a king-sized bed. Yoona who woke up early decided to wake her best friend up but the latter didn’t show any sign to wake up any time soon.

Yoona stared at the sleeping figure and giggled as she saw her best friend’s chubby cheeks. ‘Aigoo~ Why so cute?’ Yoona thought. She pinched the cheeks, but the latter didn’t budge. The girl moved closer and accidentally pecked her best friend’s cheek. Unbelievably and miraculously, Seohyun was awakened by the soft lips on her cheek.

“Now you’re finally awake, Seobaby. I’ve been trying to wake you up since few minutes ago.” The doe-eyed little girl complained.

“Hehehe. Thanks for waking me up then.” The two little kids were now sitting on the bed facing each other.

“Did you know it was hard to wake you up? If I didn’t kiss your cheek, you’re probably still snoring right now” Joked Yoona. Her hair was messy but the two ponytails were still intact.

“I guess we shall include that in our sleepover rules!” Seohyun exclaimed happily. The other girl nodded excitedly and went to get the notebook.

Ever since that, whenever they had a sleepover, whoever wakes up first will have to wake the other one up with a kiss on the cheek.

Present

Yoona was still lying on the bed, waiting for her best friend. Upon remembering the childhood memory, Seohyun smirked and moved closer to the lying figure.

“Ummm~ I don’t remember the password, Yoon. Ottoke…?” she pretended to forget and she was right, Yoona deepened her frown and turned to face the other side.

“Tch. Such a kiddo.” Seohyun muttered slowly before landed a soft peck on Yoona’s cheek. Yoona giggled and followed by opening her eyes. “Morning Seobaby~”

“Morning! Now, get ready because your stylist designer will come soon”

“Arraso, ma’am!” Yoona saluted playfully before entering the washroom.

 

After lunch time, Yoona had her attire-fitting session while Mrs. Im and Seohyun became the ‘judges’ which attires are suitable.

“How about this, Aunty?” Seohyun turned her face to the right, where Mrs. Im was standing. Both of them were observing the girl in front of them.

Before them was a girl standing impatiently, or more like unwillingly as she was asked to try more than 30 different clothes already. Usually, whenever the stylist came, Yoona could easily decide which style she prefers. But that day, when the two ‘bossy’ women interfere her fitting session, she got so frustrated with their endless fussy comments about the clothes.

“I shouldn’t have agreed to let you both join this session. What was I thinking?!” Yoona uttered with deep sigh. Unfortunately, the two women just ignored what she said and kept conversing with the stylist.

The tired girl moved to sit on one of the chairs inside the room. “Mary, get me some cookies please. And warm chocolate milk too.” Yoona kept rolling her eyes when her mother and Seohyun kept changing their minds whether to go for that attire or another.

 

“Aniya Oppa~ that’s too revealing…”

“No. Nope. This is too old school already.”

“Not too trendy though. I don’t want people to stare at my daughter.”

The stylist could only smile once or twice, then nodded his head like a nodding donkey and took note of what the two women were saying.

“Seriously Heechul-Oppa, you should just ignore those two and follow what I asked you to.” Yoona said loudly directed to her stylist, who she had known for more than 6 years. They were standing quite far from where she sat.

“It’s alright, Yoona. Aunty and Seohyun has been a great help here”

“Tch. If they’re eager to design so much, I should just hired them instead of you, Oppa” she spoke to no one in particular. When she got bored waiting for the final decision on which attires are chosen, she took her phone to check her Instagram. When she pressed the ‘Explore’ tab, few similar photos appeared which has one girl in it. The face was blurry as it looks like it was being taken secretly.

“What’s so famous about this girl? Everyone is posting her photos…..” Then she pressed one of the photos to get a clear view. “Woah, many likes too!” Yoona swiped up to read the caption.

“Pretty Troublemaker, Soshi member being a dork in a meeting…

Hashtag funny girl, hashtag todayinhistory, hashtag……

SM…..uni???!” Yoona gasped with her eyes wide opened. “Omo! Is she going to the same uni?” She was too focused swiping her phone’s screen that she didn’t notice Seohyun was approaching her. “…but she look familiar though…”

“Who look familiar, Yoona?”

“Oh Seobaby!....” She locked her phone instantly when Seohyun was standing in front of her. “Nothing. Just some random news. HEHEHE” She said with an awkward grin while placing her phone on the coffee table. Her best friend creased her eyebrows with Yoona’s awkward attitude. “May I know what kind of news was that?”

“Well…no-nothing. Just….” When she was stuttering to explain, Mary came with a tray of cookies and chocolate milk as she requested earlier.

“Here’s your meal, Miss Im.” Seohyun turned her back to face Mary while Yoona was sighing in relief. ‘Damn, that was close!’

“Just put it on the table, Mary. Thanks~” Yoona winked her maid. She took a piece of cookie to munch before asking the latter. “Um Seo…you’re studying in SM uni, right?” She asked carefully.

Please log in to read the full chapter