Chapter 13: May the Force be with Me

Clueless, yet Adorable
Please log in to read the full chapter

Previously on Clueless, yet Adorable, Chapter 12: Here Goes Nothing

Seohyun’s POV

Sigh. It’s not that kind of insecurity I’m having right now, Yoonbaby. I want to be with you, and only you. Are we really going to end up being just best friends?

What should I—

“Seobaby?”

“Uhm?” The only word I could utter. My mind was obviously elsewhere and she caught me.

Yoona let out giggles. “Goodness Seobaby. I thought you have reached to other planet. I called you like ten times!” I rolled my eyes at her exaggeration. Oh well, she’s always been the Queen of Exaggeration.

“Yaaaah~ you called me once!” I glare at her playfully.

“Arraso…You’re fun to tease” she said followed by giggles. “Anyway, I plan to…”

I was waiting for her to finish her sentence when we were interrupted by high-pitched greeting from a familiar figure.

“HEY YO!!!”

We looked so shock with the appearance of the girl. At the same time, Yoona’s hold had loosened upon the arrival of the familiar figure. I glanced at Yoona and her simultaneously.

She’s back!

 

 

Chapter 13

May the Force be with Me

 

 

 

“HEY YO!!!” greeted a blonde girl with her happy face. She walked closer to the table where the two beautiful ladies were seated.

Seohyun couldn’t help to glance back and forth at her best friend and the blonde figure. When her best friend loosened the hold, she tried to show a poker face and stood up. “You’re back!” she excitedly greeted despite the feeling of anxious with the sudden arrival of the girl. After all, they knew each other for a long time and she missed the person’s presence.

They hugged while Yoona just smiled at the sight before her. She may feel hurt inside, but she couldn’t just let her feelings ruined their friendship. Besides, she was always good in enduring her feelings for years ever since the two got together.

After they both let go of the hug, Seohyun invited the girl to join the table. Yoona stood up to hug and greet the girl but her step was stopped when another tall figure rushed carelessly to where the blonde girl was standing.

THUD!

Seohyun and Yoona who were still standing near the table gaped. The room went silent. The blonde girl fell flat with her face on the floor while the tall figure was on top of the girl with her hair went messy because of the impact of the fall. As expected from the troublemaker Soo.

Not long after that, groans were heard from the two figures on the floor.

“UGH……”

“Ouch!”

Seohyun and Yoona looked at each other with a similar expression. Shock was evident. Without further ado, both of them helped the two girls; Yoona helped the tall girl while Seohyun helped the blonde girl.

Once the two of them could stand up properly, they brought the person they helped to sit down.

“Soo, what are you doing here?” asked the doe-eyed girl concernedly as soon as everyone was seated. She checked at the girl’s forehead because shade of red was apparent.

The proximity of their faces was so close made the tall girl blushed harder. Being the clueless self all the time, Yoona didn’t seem to realize it because she was too busy rubbing and blowing air on the tall girl’s forehead. “Why did you run in a café like this, Soo?”

Both of them were seated next to each other while the other two were across them. Sooyoung couldn’t utter a word, so she just kept quiet while enjoying the tender touch of the Im Yoona.

Seohyun was initially checking the blonde’s face but was stopped after hearing Yoona’s question to Sooyoung. She looked at the “sweet” interaction between the two that she couldn’t help but rolled her eyes.

The blonde girl who noticed the expression of the youngest tried to distract her from the scene. “Ehem. Yah Soo! Why did you push me??!”

Sooyoung was going to answer but the girl next to her was faster to interrupt, “Hyo-unnie…You know each other?” Yoona has her confused look on. She retracted her hand from the Sooyoung’s forehead, much to the tall girl’s dismay. She pouted but Yoona was too busy with her curiosity and was facing the blonde girl.

Hyoyeon smiled. She missed the clueless Yoona. “Yes, Yoong. Of course! We know each other since diaper times” she joked which earned chuckles from Sooyoung and Seohyun, but not the doe-eyed angel. Yoona was still in her confused mind.

Upon looking at Yoona’s confused look, Seohyun decided to explain. “Hyo and Soo are cousins, Yoon.”

Her doe-eyes were widened and she let out the word Oh. Once she gets it, she nodded her head. “I see.”

The three girls laughed at Yoona’s response.

“Anyway, I thought you’d come back next week” spoke the youngest girl to the blonde beside her.

“Well~ let’s just say I want to surprise you.” The blonde giggled and faced her cousin. “And thanks to this tall giant for helping me!”

“Yah!” exclaimed the said tall giant.

They ordered and eat some more while catching up with what they’ve been missing out when the blonde girl was away.

 

Im Residence

Yoona was standing next to the black BMW i8 while the owner of the car was leaning her back slightly at the car with her hands folded before her chest.

“Thank you for giving me a lift, Soo.”

Sooyoung moved closer to the girl and stood in front of her. “You’re welcome, princess!”

 

Sooyoung’s POV

I moved to stand up in front of this beautiful angel. “You’re welcome, princess!”

I could see she was blushing. Ever since the day Yoona got fever, the title has been frequently used by me whenever I talk to her. She would also give the same reaction every time; blushing and shy smile apparent on her face.

She’s now looking at her own feet, probably to hide her blushing face. Kyeopta!

“Um, just go inside now. It wouldn’t be nice to see a beautiful princess is freezing outside.” She giggled at my remark.

We were looking at each other when another car stopped next to Sooyoung’s. The driver opened the car’s door and a figure exited the car.

“Sooyoung?” Uncle Im asked. It looks like he just got back from work.

“Appa!” Yoona went to hug her father and I simply bowed slightly.

Both of them let go the hug gives a cue for me to reply, “Yes, Uncle. I’m here to send your beautiful angel home.”

I could see that Uncle Im was smirking. “Thank you, Sooyoung. I guess I’ll be seeing you more often here now.”

I could only smile at Uncle Im’s saying. Does he notice that too? Am I being obvious to Yoona’s parents now?

Uncle Im then faced his daughter, “Appa’s going inside now. Don’t stay outside for too long, girls.”

Then he looked at me, “Would you want to stay for dinner first, Sooyoung?”

As much as I wanted to join, I can’t because Hyoyeon’s luggage is still in my car since I fetched her up from the airport earlier. I wanted to send Yoona first before stopping by at my cousin’s place.

“Sorry, Uncle. I have to send my cousin’s luggage. She just got back today.”

Uncle Im asked, “Hyoyeon’s back already? Yaaaah she’s been away for quite some time.”

I nodded and laughed. “Yes, she’s back in town, Uncle. Hehehe”

 

Author’s POV

“Yes, she’s back in town, Uncle. Hehehe”

Mr. Im glanced at his daughter for a short while with an unreadable expression. But he replaced it with a smile in a split second

Please log in to read the full chapter