Chapter 8: Fate Collides

Clueless, yet Adorable
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“FUUUUUUH. Breathe in. Breathe out. You can do this.” Yoona kept muttering words and inhaling and exhaling air to keep her nervous breakdown at bay.

“Aigoo~ don’t be nervous, dear. You’ll be fine.”

The girl stared at her mother’s face with a worried expression. “Umma~ Will I get bullied?” she asked followed by a frowning face.

“Omo. Yoona-yah…why would you think like that? Who would dare to bully the Ims?” joked Mrs. Im, but deep down, she was also worried.

“B-but I s-saw in it the movie! You know Umma, the poor girl was bullied because she was a new student…A—and”

“Hey hey hey~ what’s with the dramatic imagination early in the morning?” A feminine voice cut Yoona’s word. Both Yoona and her mother turned to find Seohyun walking to them.

“Seobaby!” Upon realizing it was her best friend, she ran to greet her with a hug. Mrs. Im left the two girls to have their time.

Both of them were waiting for Seohyun to arrive and fetch the girl up. Initially, Mr. Im wanted to let the driver do it, but Seohyun offered herself.

“Morning Yoonbaby!” She hugged the girl, but it seemed like the older one was hugging way too tight. “Hey, are you alright?” she whispered as they were still hugging.

Yoona loosen the hug a little. “I---I’m scared…..” Yoona’s behavior reminded of her when she was a little girl. Seohyun used to feel the same when she first entered kinder garden. But this time, her best friend was experiencing it at this age. She thought it was kind of funny.

“Aigoo~ you shouldn’t be. It’s really nothing to be scared of.” They pulled away from the hug. Seohyun caressed the latter’s cheek. “Besides, you’re going to be with me. Although it will not be all the time, but I can ensure you that everything’s fine. Okay?”

The girl nodded weakly. Seohyun decided to cheer the girl up. “Hmmm. On a second thought, I was thinking to treat you ice-cream in the uni. The ice-cream is sooooooooooo good!” She exaggerated with her eyes widely opened and gave a thumb up. Yoona giggled at her best friend’s attempt to make her laugh.

“Shall we go and grab the ice-cream?”

“YES!!!”

 

SM University

The situation in the university, specifically the auditorium, was very hectic with the preparation on welcoming the freshmen. The Soshi members, except for Seohyun were spotted at the Music Club booth. Yuri and her girlfriend were arranging the registration paperwork for new members whilst Sooyoung was taking photos of the people and surroundings.

“I guess this year’s enrollment has increased as compared to our year, don’t you think?” the tall girl asked while snapping shots of the couple in front of her.

“Yeap! 529 students will be enrolled, including one last-minute admission last week. Dara-unnie told me to expect something though” answered the tanned girl.

Sooyoung stopped and let the camera hang freely on her neck. “Expect something? What does that supposed to mean?” she muttered which came out like a whisper.

“Hey, I haven’t seen Seohyun. She usually came really early!” Yuri spoke while fanning her face. “It’s kinda hot today.”

“She’ll be here soon. She just went to fetch up her friend.” Eye-smiling girl simply answered, then handed a bottle of water to her girlfriend and Sooyoung. The two girls nodded and continued doing their things.

“Alright Fany-ah. While waiting for Seohyun, please take care of the booth for me. And Yul, you’re supposed to be at the Photography Club booth with Top.”

With the mention of Top, Tiffany glared her girlfriend. “Don’t try to do anything funny when I’m not around, got it?”

“Of course baby! There’s no way I would do that. I mean, come on…our booths are only like, 3 booths away.” Yuri nervously said while putting up an awkward grin. “Later babe!” she went to the booth after kissing Tiffany’s cheeks.

Sooyoung went to check at the entrance door of the auditorium. As Dara-unnie told her to cover the event from the start, she shall start from the arrival of the students. After few minutes, she spotted Seohyun’s Mini Paceman entering the VIP parking spaces.

 

“Come on, Yoon. We have arrived…” persuaded the younger for the umpteenth time.

“I’m not ready Seo! Let’s go back home!” Apparently Yoona was freaking out.

Seohyun could only face-palm mentally with her best friend’s behavior. Just a moment ago, the doe-eyed girl was at awed watching the road and the passerby. Even she was excited when they arrived at the gate of the university. She shouted ‘Omo! This is cool!’ and ‘Wow! Awesome uni!’ with her endless giggles and gasps. But, when Seohyun told her to go out from the car, she froze.

“Yoonbaby~ please don’t do this right now. It IS going to be fine.” Seohyun was on the driver’s seat while the latter on the passenger’s seat. She turned to face her best friend.

“Look Yoon. Look at me” she waited for the girl to react.

Yoona turned to her left, facing the younger girl. She didn’t really look at her in the eyes.

Seohyun sighed and reached Yoona’s hands. “Remember when you told me about your dream?” The latter remained quiet.

She continued, “You wanted to go to school, college or uni together…with me…right?”

Yoona nodded weakly. Seohyun then used her right hand to caress the latter’s cheek which makes her to look up.

“This is it, Yoonbaby. Your wish has been granted. What are you waiting for?” said Seohyun sweetly. It sounded more like whispers. Silence.

What her best friend said was true. She had been waiting for this moment to come. After all, Seohyun did her best to make her dream came true. She couldn’t just let her best friend’s effort gone wasted. A stretch of smile appeared on her face.

“Does the ice-cream treat still on?”

Seohyun smiled brightly and replied, “Of course!”

 

The tall girl was waiting for Seohyun to get out but 10 minutes had passed, the figure was yet to be seen. They were meters away, and the tall girl was lazy to go down the staircase. ‘What took her so long?’

“Sooyoung!” A familiar voice cut her train of thought. She looked to her left with a smile.

“Oh, Miss Prez!” she playfully saluted at Yuri’s cousin.

“Tsk. Are you mocking me with that title?”

They greeted each other with a brief side hug since Sooyoung was currently holding her camera. “Aniya, unnie. I was just joking.” The latter giggled in response.

“So, have I been burdening you with work? You know…covering events while managing clubs.”

Sooyoung shook her head. “Not at all, Dara-unnie. Besides, the others are helping me.” Then she smirked and continued, “VIP life is always like this anyway” followed by flipping her hair cockily.

“Aigoo…never changed at all huh. Keep your cockiness away please,” joked the Prez of Student Council. “Alright then, I need to check the rest. Work well!”

After that, she turned back to check on Seohyun. But she was surprised to see a lot of commotion going on at the VIP parking spaces. ‘Hmm. What’s with the noise over there?’ She pondered for few seconds. But knowing how Seohyun was also the Soshi member, it was normal to be surrounded by the crowd. So she shrugged it off and entered the auditorium.

Yoona’s POV

Seohyun and I were getting out from the car when I suddenly heard greetings, people squealing and screaming at us.

 

 

“Seohyun-sshi!! Seohyun-sshi!”

“Good morning, Seohyun-sshi!”

“Who is that? Is she your friend, Seohyun-sshi?”

I looked at Seohyun with a curious look. “Omo Seobaby! Does this happen every day?” I uttered lowly. Thankfully Appa asked some bodyguards to come with us in another car. So they helped to control the situation.

“Don’t worry Yoonbaby. They’re harmless. From now on, you’ll have to face this every day.” She winked playfully at me before holding my left wrist. “Let’s get going.”

We are walking all the way to the entrance staircase of the auditorium. It seems like none of them know who I am. So I feel sort of relieved. When some of the lecturers greeted Seohyun and me, I simply bow to them and try to compose myself from not doing anything embarrassing. When we are almost near the entrance door, I spotted Uncle Lee is waving at us. “Waaah Yoona-yah~ Welcome to SM University!” He greeted me and Seohyun with a warm hug.

“Thank you, Uncle Lee.” I released the hug and say, “I feel shy with them staring at us, uncle.”

“No need to worry about that. Seohyun-sshi has experienced such reactions too. Besides, who wouldn’t stare at beautiful girls like both of you huh?” he joked, probably trying to reduc

Please log in to read the full chapter