Chapter 19: Jealousy and Heartbeat

Clueless, yet Adorable
Please log in to read the full chapter

Previously on Clueless, yet Adorable, Chapter 18: You, Me and Love

Dugeun Dugeun Dugeun…

She’s lying on top of me with her hands supporting her while I’m trying to refrain myself from any byun thoughts!

After few seconds, I regained courage to say it. I moved my hands to hold her face and stared into those beautiful orbs. “I love you, Seo Ju Hyun”

The next thing I know, she closed the gap between us and for the first time, I get to taste those luscious lips of my now-can-be-called girlfriend.

“I love you too, Im Yoona”

 

 

Chapter 19

Jealousy and Heartbeat

 

After several months, Yoona started to understand what love is. There was a time when she saw some guys were talking to her lover and she started to feel unhappy about it. She questioned her mother why she felt that way, and Mrs. Im showed her expertise about ‘love’ to her only daughter and explained,

“…and that my sweetheart…is what you called jealousy. You’ll experience that every time you see your partner with someone else.”

Yoona frowned after hearing that. “Umma, I don’t want to feel that kind of ache every time. It makes me upset” She pouted.

Both of them were in the kitchen; Mrs. Im prepared juice for her daughter while the deer waited at the kitchen counter.

Mrs. Im placed a glass full of carrot juice on the counter. “Aigoo~ you can’t resist that, Yoona-yah. It’s natural to feel jealous, but learn to control it.”

Then, she walked to sit next to Yoona and continued, “You’re just being possessive over Seohyun. Umma used to be like that...But the feeling subsided when we starts to trust each other.”

“Jjinja, Umma? But I trust her more than anyone else, besides Umma and Appa.”

The mother held her daughter’s hand and said, “You know what, Umma likes this new side of you. Feeling jealous and all. Back then, your Appa is popular among the girls…because he’s funny and witty. And Umma thought that the chances for him to notice me—none. Of course, Umma would feel jealous when he got surrounded by the girls.” She giggled upon remembering the good ol’ days.

“…but your Appa…he’s the sweetest person, Yoona. We started off quite…unusual, though. The only thing that we know about each other is our name. Other information, you may ask? Almost none. Basically we just agreed to tie the knot even we haven’t known each other that much. He approached your grandparents and poffff! We got married!”

Curiosity was apparent in Yoona’s face. “So Appa just went to propose Umma through granny?” Mrs. Im nodded with a wide smile.

“And no dating or meeting just the two of you…until the day both of you got married??”

Without hesitation, Mrs. Im answered happily, “Dae! You’re right, sweetheart.”

Yoona gasped. “How is that possible?!” While waiting for her mother to tell the story, she took a sip of the carrot juice to lessen her thirst.

“Power of LOVE, my dear~ hehehehe” Mrs. Im giggled at her own answer. She wanted to elaborate further, but someone came to continue her story.

“More like love at first sight, sweety” exclaimed the man of the house, who just walked into the kitchen to join the ladies.

“Appa!” shouted the girl excitedly and greeted her father with a bear hug.

While still placing his arm on Yoona’s shoulders, he asked “Having girl’s talk, huh?”

“Well, sort of. I’m just curious.”

Mrs. Im went to prepare another a glass of carrot juice for her beloved husband. “Our baby is starting to feel jealous now, dear.”

“Really? That’s good then. One less clueless girl in the world~” joked Mr. Im.

 

 

After 2 Years…

The girls were finally graduated as bachelor degree holders on their specific courses. After graduated, Mr. Im agreed to send his only child to have her training course at Seo Jewelry Co. before she could be formally introduced as the heiress of Im Corp.

Yoona had no objection with her father’s decision as she learned the fact that eventually she would need to inherit her father’s business. However, someone was in doubt about the decision.

“Appa~~~” the straight-haired girl whined. “Why did you let her work at the R&D department?”

The always calm man let out a smile. “Why, Seohyun-ah? Why do you feel bothered with this?”

The girl groaned loudly in her father’s office. Apparently her girlfriend would start working on the day. She was happy to work together under one roof, but was upset to know that her father assigned Yoona to a different department.

“Appa, why can’t she work in my department?”

The man shook his head. “Wae? What’s wrong with that department? Besides, your cousin will help Yoona.”

Upon mentioning the word ‘cousin’, Seohyun looked as if she was in terror. “Eunjung is sooooo gonna eat her up, Appa!!!”

 

Research & Development Department, Seo Jewelry Co. Headquarter

The doe-eyed girl arrived at level 10 of the building. She walked out of the elevator and was greeted by a lady in all-red from top to bottom; red business suit and red shoes. Yoona glanced at the girl from the shoulder-length hair, down to her knee-length red skirt and finally to the red stiletto.

“Yoona-sshi?” she asked in a husky tone. She emitted the y vibe and her eyes were glancing sharply at the innocent girl. The lady in red smirked at how uncomfortable Yoona was, being stared by her. Yoona was wearing a plain white blouse matched with above-knee black skirt. ‘Hmmm I finally met the Im Yoona. Simply breathtaking’ she thought.

Yoona just nodded. “D-dae.”

“This way” she signaled her right hand while the other hand hugged Yoona’s waist. She ignored how startled Yoona was and practically pulled her hurriedly into her office while giving her best smile to her employees.

The employees were curious with the girl their boss brought into her office, but it was obvious they knew that their boss had a new victim to play with.

 

Once they reached inside the office room, the girl in red business suit offered Yoona to sit on the couch and she sat next to her. She flirted with the clueless girl by crossing her legs ily and moved closer to the innocent deer without leaving any space in between. Their arms touched.

“So, tell me about yourself….Yoona-sshi”

Yoona tilted her head to face the girl with her ever innocent face expression and lovely doe eyes. Deep inside, she wasn’t entirely affected by Eunjung’s brave action. Before she decided to agree on her father’s term to work with Uncle Seo, Yoona made a lot of research about the company and learned the employees’ files. During the private discussion with Seohyun’s father, Yoona had asked her girlfriend’s father to give her as much information before her enrollment in the company.

“I’m Yoona, obviously you’ve learned that before I came.” It came out confidently—not the same startled deer that Eunjung encountered earlier.

Eunjung shoved her face closer to the girl but it seemed like Yoona was not affected by her flirtatious moves. “You’re right. Tell me more…”

“I’ve been assigned to work with this company for 3 months…The first two weeks will be my probation period which starts……today.” When she mentioned ‘today’, Yoona challenged the latter by shoving her face even closer and smirked. They were staring at each other’s eyes at that rate.

After few seconds, Yoona stood up and walked to the large windows which outlook the view of the tall buildings in the area. The other girl didn’t move but her stares were fixed to Yoona’s back.

“I’m here for all the right reasons, Eunjung-sshi.”

The said girl creased her eyebrows, obviously surprised that the new girl knew her name.

Yoona continued while her eyes lock

Please log in to read the full chapter