Chapter 20: Who's the Man

Clueless, yet Adorable
Please log in to read the full chapter

Previously on Clueless, yet Adorable, Chapter 19: Jealousy and Heartbeat

Seohyun's POV

 

My arms found its way to her waist while she moved her hands slowly, tracing my neckline to the back of neck. She was smiling mischievously in between the kiss. Somehow I feel the ecstasy and light-headed with her gentle and teasing touch and her luscious lips. Just when my hands roamed inside her bathrobe, she stopped and pulled back slightly.

“Nu-uh, baby. It’s time for you to take shower~” she giggled as she let go of the hug around my neck. I was left dumbfounded as I realized that…..she was teasing me! Gosh! I was already—ugh nevermind!

I groaned in dissatisfaction. “Yooooonnnn” she left me ually frustrated with her triumphant smirk.

 

 

Chapter 20: Who's the Man

 

That morning was different from any other mornings they usually encountered. The usual mornings which usually started with loving words and sweet gestures were turned into the most awkward morning for the lovely couple. Seohyun wasn’t intending to argue but her curiosity got into her. The day before the morning came, Seohyun received a teasing text message from her cousin. Apparently Eunjung was making fun of her because there wasn’t a proper acknowledgement on ‘who’s the man’ in the relationship.

Eunjung stated in the message that their relationship was baseless as none of them seemed to act as the ‘man’.  Seohyun wasn’t sure whether it was really something to be discussed about when it comes to same- relationship. But, as she felt challenged when Eunjung said a woman like Yoona deserved a good man, Seohyun decided to prove to her cousin that she was the perfect partner for the Im Yoona.

So, when she received the message, she thought of doing something that shall prove she was the ‘man’ for her lover-slash-best friend. The idea of doing ‘it’ came into her mind—but she was sure that Yoona wasn’t ready to bring their ual activity to the next level. They would usually hug, kiss, cuddle or simply enjoy each other’s touch—not beyond that just yet.

 

Flashback

Yoona entered the penthouse and locked the door. When she turned around, she felt a hand pulled her roughly.

“ACK!” she shouted.

But as soon she was turned around; she faced the person and realized the person was her partner. She wanted to ask but unable to do so when Seohyun pushed her towards the door and kissed her aggressively. The younger woman roamed her hands around the latter’s body.

At first, Yoona thought Seohyun was trying to prank her but she noticed Seohyun’s grip around her body was too tight—she could barely breathe. And the fact that the kisses were too forced on her, Yoona felt suffocated. She tried to free herself from Seohyun’s arms, but she failed.

“Ba—baby…Let m-me go” Yoona mumbled while she tried to push away from the latter.

After few minutes of being trapped between the door and Seohyun, Yoona’s tears rolled down. Upon realizing that her cheek was wet, Seohyun stopped and reality hit on her. Yoona was crying with her eyes closed—she let her body to drop on the floor slowly when Seohyun noticed her tight grip.

“Oh my god Yoona! I—I…” Seohyun closed as she was shocked. “What have I…Ba—baby I’m…..”

End of Flashback

 

Both women were seated across each other in the living room. Initially, Yoona wanted to avoid the latter as she was still mad but decided to stay for a while when Seohyun wanted to explain.

As they seated for 5 long minutes, none of them spoke a word. Thinking that Seohyun didn’t have any guts to explain, Yoona stood up and ready to leave for work.

“Yoonbaby wait!” called Seohyun as she pulled the doe-eyed woman’s right wrist.

Yoona stopped on her track and removed the latter’s hand slowly. Then she spoke, “Explain Seo Joohyun. I need explanation.” It sounded so cold.

The younger was stammering, “I—I…actually w—we…”

Upon seeing such response, Yoona was getting annoyed. She turned her heels and walked out of the penthouse.

After the older left, Seohyun plopped on the floor crying her heart out.

“What have I done? What…….”

Come to think of it, she felt like being possessed the night before. The fact that she forgot about Yoona’s memory, thankfully she didn’t get trauma attack with Seohyun’s sudden action.

 

Research & Development Department, Seo Jewelry Co. Headquarter

 

Knock…Knock…Knock…

Without looking up from the file below her eyes, she said “Come in”

Few seconds after, a familiar woman entered Yoona’s office.

“Well~Well~ Someone is not in a good mood, I can see” said the short-haired lady. She hid her smirk when Yoona shot a glance at her.

Yoona looked up and gave a weak smile. “Oh, Supervisor Eunjung is here. Are we having a meeting right now?”

Eunjung moved to sit across Yoona. “Nope. I’m here to see what you’re doing, Yoona. So how’s everything?” When she mentioned everything, she hinted the doe-eyed girl to talk about last night. Eunjung could already predict something bad was happening last night considering her cousin didn’t come to the office today.

The doe-eyed girl turned her attention back to the document on her desk, “Everything’s fine.”

“Guess what, Yoona…Why don’t we—”

Knock…Knock…

They were interrupted by the knocks at the door. Without waiting for Yoona to say come in, the person already opened the door and entered nonchalantly.

“Soo??!” Yoona gasped. “Oh my god! How are you?” she asked cheerfully while hugging the tall girl. Eunjung could only frown at the sight.

Sooyoung responded by hugging the latter tightly, “I’m great! Omo Yoongie-ah! I miss you so much”

While the two were still in their own conversation, Eunjung sent a message through her phone, ‘Seohyun didn’t come to work. Problem occurred between them. Mission accomplished!’ She smirked meaningfully.

 

Cafeteria, Seo Jewelry Co. Headquarter

They were enjoying the meals together by spoon-feeding each other. Of course they received some stares from the workers, but they decided to ignore it.

After some time, Sooyoung placed her cutlery down and showed a serious expression.

“You don’t look happy, Yoongie. What happened?”

Yoona sighed. “Something happened last night, and even this morning. We sort of had that ‘who’s the man’ argument. I mean, we’ve been together for a long time. Why would she insist on deciding that now?”

Sooyoung grabbed the latter’s right hand and caressed it gently. “Yoongie, you shouldn’t be pissed about this though. Something must’ve come in the way that makes her like that. You know how Seohyun is usually rational in everything she does. Did you ask her for explanation?”

The younger girl avoided the stare from Sooyoung. “I did. I waited for her to explain this morning…but she didn’t say anything.”

“Did you know that she didn’t come to the office today?”

The question from the tall girl made Yoona looked up. “She’s not in today?”

Sooyoung could only sigh. She let go of Yoona’s hand and leaned back to the sofa. “Tell you what, Yoongie…Seohyun rarely skipped classes when we were in uni back then. I’m pretty sure sh

Please log in to read the full chapter