Chapter 5: Yoona's D-Day

Clueless, yet Adorable
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

“Yoongie! Wake up!!!”

No response from the latter.

“Yah Yoongie-ah! Wake up now!”

“….mmm……………….” She moved slightly and held her Rilakkuma bear tightly before going back to sleep.

The man in his comfortable attire was trying to wake his daughter up but to no avail. He had cancelled all the meetings and appointment for the day because he could not stop worrying with Yoona’s D-Day. It may sound like a war was gonna break out, but that was just how he felt this day.

“Yoongie, wake up! Appa has ordered food buffet downstairs~~” He tried to . Of course, as expected from the shikshin of the house, she sat up abruptly.

“WHERE?!”

She looked her surrounding and noticed four familiar figures in her room. The man was obviously her dad while the other three were none other than her favorite maids/nannies.

“hikhikhikhik…” The three maids giggled at Yoona’s quick response upon mentioning the word “food buffet”.

When she realized that she was being pranked by her Appa, she resumed to sleep again.

“Ehhhh? Yoongie! Wake up…It’s your exam today!”

She was subconsciously listening to her Appa’s words.

“Omo! My exam!”

“Why didn’t anyone wake me up??! OH MY GOD! I TOLD YOU TO WAKE ME UP. LIKE SERIOUSLY!” She was yelling on the bed to no one in particular.

Yoona got out of the bed and rushed to the washroom while Mr. Im rolled his eyes at his daughter’s antic and left the room.

The situation in the room went chaotic when the young lady kept yelling like a mad girl to get her things.

“Where’s my towel!!!? MARY! TOWELLLL”

“Tina, get me that! Aniya! Not that! The other one. Oh God!”

“Wendy! Why are you giving me this scarf?!”

She kept yelling, stomping her feet and whining like a little girl who needed attention. The maids were running around the room to get everything done. The room where the things were initially organized turned into a shipwreck minus the ocean, obviously.

Yoona was sitting in front of the vanity table staring into the mirror. She inhaled and exhaled to get a proper breathing pace. After so much yelling and running, she decided to sit and let the maids did her hair and nails.

“Okay, done!” Wendy shouted happily after 2 hell hours of ‘war’.

“Alright, Young Miss. Now you are good to go~” Tina spoke.

Yoona looked at her reflection in the mirror to fix her hair a little. Then a stretch of satisfying smile was apparent on her face.

“What time is it now, Mary?”

“It’s 7:30, Miss Im.” Yoona stopped fixing her hair and turned to face her maids.

“BWOOOO?!”

“….So I woke up around 5ish earlier??!”

The maids nodded twice in sync with each other.

“Yah! Did you not know my exam will start at 10AM today?” She gritted her teeth with her eyes widen. Who wouldn’t get mad when your beauty sleep was disturbed?

“It---it wasn’t our fault, Miss Im.”

“Dae. Mr. Im told us wake you up. We’re sorry”

The other one just nodded vigorously.

“Aish. Seriously. I should wake up at 8, not 5 at dawn….” She said tiredly to herself.

Yoona slept late the night before because she was revising for her exam. Having nervous breakdown was understatement.

“Never mind then. I’m all ready and set anyway. Let’s just go downstairs and eat breakfast”

She strolled down the stairs to the dining hall where her parents were waiting for her.

Mrs. Im was pouring coffee to her husband’s cup when Yoona arrived at the table.

“Good morning, sweetheart!” greeted her mother.

Yoona went to hug and greeted her, but ignored Mr. Im who was waiting for his morning hug from the latter. She even meronged at her father.

“Aigoo~ someone is not in a good mood, honey” Mr. Im attempt to tease his daughter again.

“Someone disturbed my beauty sleep, Eomma” she whined sadly.

Mrs. Im simply shook her head at the two important persons in her life.

“Both of you should stop this and start eating.”

 

In the car, Seohyun was on the phone with Tiffany.

“Hello Fany-unnie”

[Oh hey Seohyun-ah! Why did you call early in the morning?]

“Hehe. Just to let you and the other unnies that I won’t be coming to uni today.”

[OMO! Waeyo Seo??!] Before Tiffany could ask why, suddenly another loud voice interfere the conversation. Tiffany had actually put the call on loudspeaker mode earlier.

“Sooyoung-unnie??”

[Where are you going??] The latter just ignored Seohyun’s question.

“I need to see someone today. So I won’t be coming, unnie. I have already informed the lecturer.”

[Soo, give me back my phone!] Tiffany’s loud voice could be heard at the background.

[Phew! Finally. Alright Seohyunnie. Just take care, okay?] She spoke after getting her phone from Sooyoung.

[….is she going to the girl’s house, Yul?] Seohyun heard Sooyoung’s question.

“Fany-unnie, please look after those two carefully. Tell them to stop stalking people, arasso unnie?”

Tiffany gasped. [YAH! You two! Did you girls stalk someone again??]

Seohyun giggled hearing the unnies arguing like kids.

“I’m going to hang up now, unnie. Annyong~”

She was on her way to Im Residence because Uncle Im had requested her to accompany Yoona before the exam. That was also one of the reasons why Mr. Im wakes Yoona up early.

The three Ims were eating their breakfast when someone’s voice greeted them at the dining hall.

“Annyonghasaeyo Uncle, Aunty and Yoonbaby~”

Upon hearing “Yoonbaby”, the owner of the name could already guess the visitor.

“Seobaby~~~~ Good morning!” She went to hug her best friend. Then, the latter approached the Im couple for a hug.

“Let’s join us breakfast, Seohyun” Mrs. Im invited her. She chose to sit next to her best friend which was across Mrs. Im seat.

“Why didn’t you tell me that you’re coming, Seobaby?”

“Well, it’s a surprise visit. If I tell you, it wouldn’t be a surprise anymore, right Yoon?” Everyone at the table laughed at the joke.

“Actually Seohyun, your best friend here is sulking at your handsome uncle right now” Mr. Im spoke playfully.

“Oh really, Uncle Im?” The girl turned to face Yoona who was too focused on eating the pancakes. Realizing no response from the doe-eyed girl, she faked a cough. “Ehemmm”

“What? Why are you looking at me?” Yoona pretended not to understand the situation.

Seohyun glared at her which the latter gave in.

“Fine. Appa disturbed my beauty sleep okay. That’s why I am mad”

“So you’d rather sleep than spend time with me?” The younger shoot the question and folded her arms which made Yoona stopped eating.

“Of course not!

Please log in to read the full chapter