Chapter 18: You, Me and Love

Clueless, yet Adorable
Please log in to read the full chapter

Previously on Clueless, yet Adorable, Chapter 17: Don't Fall Just Yet

 

“Y—yah Seob—baby!” She is seriously blushing right now.

“So you have known about my feelings, and yet you pretended not to know huh?”

She struggled to let go from the hug. One last attempt, she bit my arm and ran into her bedroom.

“What makes you think you can get away from this? Not a chance, Im Yoona!” I some more.

I didn’t know Yoonbaby can be this embarrassed. I’m seeing another side of you again, Yoon. I should more often next time.

 

Chapter 18: You, Me and Love

 

 

Flashback – Sooyoung’s POV

I ran as fast as I could to reach the locker room. Somehow I feel something bad happened to them. The other girls were still quite far from me when I took a quick turn to my back. By the time I turned back to the front, I stumbled down right in front of the locker room as I didn’t see where I was going.

“…and I’m still in love with you.” The fade voice echoed and I instantly recognized the owner of the voice.

I tried my best to stand up and checked to see if there was any people passing by; glad it was empty. The tears were pooling and threatened to fall but I wiped it roughly with my sleeves.

The next sentence broke my heart. “I wished you knew. But I’m pretty sure you don’t.” All these while, you’ve been hiding this from us, Seohyun-ah. Wae?

“I feel jealous every time you smile at other person who is not me. I feel tormented inside whenever you acted sweetly to the others, although I’m aware you didn’t even realize it was a sweet gesture” I feel hurting inside. Seohyun must have been hurting too. She never shared her feelings to us. But why Yoona of all people, Seo?

 “…and did you know that I was and have always been jealous whenever Sooyoung-unnie interacted with you?” I looked up and stared at the door at the mention of my name. I hurt our maknae indirectly. I really thought….you cared for Yoona not more than just a friend. I—I thought y—you were just being possessive towards your best friend. I clutched my chest tightly to hold my tears and my sobs and I tried to inhale some air.

Be strong, Sooyoung ah. When I heard footsteps were becoming louder, I pretended to look fine and wiped the tears away. I ran to the door and was greeted by a view of Yoona lying helplessly on Seohyun’s laps.

“What happened, Seohyun-ah??!”

End of Flashback

 

Author’s POV

Sooyoung stared at her laptop’s wallpaper blankly.

“I remember I told Yul about confessing to you, Yoongie……” she talked to the screen sadly. “But it seems like it won’t happen. It will never going to happen.”

A tear rolled down on her cheek. She had been questioning herself lately. Why can’t she have the girl she loved? Why, of all people, she was the one who found out about Seohyun’s feelings towards the girl she loved? Why must she know about it when she already fell so deep for the doe-eyed girl?

She had pretended to know nothing about Seohyun’s confession. The tall girl still treated Yoona the way she always did. She was not going to hurt neither Seohyun nor Yoona. When the doe-eyed girl was hospitalized, she finally realized how much the maknae cared for her best friend. She also learned that Yoona seemed to hold back her feelings for Seohyun, but the tall girl couldn’t find the reason why.

When they were spending time at Yoona’s mansion after the girl got discharged, Sooyoung tried not to get her emotions involved. The way Yoona pouted, the way she used her aegyo voice, the way Yoona stared into her eyes whenever they are close…Sooyoung sighed heavily when she recalled those memories.

That evening, Sooyoung wanted to meet Yuri at the dance room in the university. Since the door was not closed properly, she unintentionally eavesdrop the conversation between her best friend and Hyoyeon, who happened to be in the room too.

“You mean Seohyun likes Yoona? Is this true, Hyo?” asked the tanned girl in disbelieve.

Hyoyeon answered, “Likes? She’s deeply in love with the infamous Im, Yul!”

Sooyoung could hear the loud gasp from Yuri. “W-what do y—you mean?”

The blonde Kim tried to explain everything to Yuri starting the time she knew Seohyun and how she knew the younger girl’s feelings towards Yoona. She also told Yuri why Seohyun had been trying to endure her feelings; it was because of her. The day Seohyun wanted to confess to her best friend was also the day Hyoyeon regretfully ruined it.

Hyoyeon sighed. “I was against the arranged marriage, Yul. And I told—well more like I lied to my parents…that I have someone already. My dad came to see me when I was at Yoona’s house. The three of us was supposed to have a picnic near the lake within the Im’s estate.”

“Then what happened?” asked Yuri impatiently.

Hyoyeon pulled her face downward frustrated. “He wanted to make sure that what I said was the truth. Before my dad could react and while waiting for Yoona to join us at the lake, I…………….“kissed” Seohyun!”

“WHAT???!!!!!!!!!!” Yuri yelled in surprise. “HOW COULD YOU DO THAT HYO??? Our maknae was going to confess for God’s sake!”

“Yah yah! Hey Yul!! Chill okay?” Hyoyeon wanted to explain what exactly happened on that day. “The truth is, there is NO kissing. I repeat, N-O…No kissing involved.”

Yuri frowned. So did Sooyoung, who waited outside the room.

The blonde Kim chuckled. “Just like camera trick y’know. Appa didn’t really see what we did as he spotted us at a distance.”

However, Hyoyeon’s expression changed to guilty. “and…….Yoona…she happened to stand next to my dad. So just like my dad, the misunderstanding developed strongly to the point where my engagement with Seohyun has been arranged.”

‘ANDWE!!”

Both Hyoyeon and Yuri were flabbergasted with the sudden shout from the now-opened door.

“Soo???” asked the two girls questioningly.

Sooyoung didn’t budge. “I’m against that engagement!”

“Huh??” the dancing duo glanced towards each other in confusion.

The tall girl had listened to the conversation and she certainly didn’t like the idea of the engagement between Hyoyeon and Seohyun. Of course she should be grateful as it was her chance to get Yoona. But she knew it well that only the maknae could give endless happiness to her crush. So she needed to stop that idea.

On the other hand, Yuri was confused. She understand it thoroughly how her best friend was head over heel for the doe-eyed girl. As much as she cared for the maknae, she wasn’t going to let her best friend hurt herself.

The blonde girl frowned. “Why are you against that? Are….you……….by any chance…..like one of us, Soo?” teased Hyoyeon to the tall girl.

Sooyoung stared blankly at the cocky girl. “What? Aniya!!! What were you thinking, Hyo”

Yuri could only face-palmed herself with the girls’ behavior.

“You love Seohyun as in…romantically—”

Hyoyeon cut Sooyoung’s word quickly. “Ew! Geez man! I mean, of course I love her—but more like a ‘sisterly love’. My God, Soo! It feels like we’re or something”

The tanned girl blurted out her laugh loudly as she listened to Hyoyeon’s explanation. “HAHHHAHAHAHAHAHA” She was already on the floor, laughing uncontrollably.

‘We may not mean to be together as a lover, Yoongie. At least, let me stay beside you as your guardian angel’ thought the tall girl silently.

 

IM Residence

Two tall figures just arrived at the residence after class. Seohyun opened the passenger’s door for her best friend with a smile.

“Thanks Seobaby!” she got herself a kiss on the cheek from the doe-eyed girl. Soon after, both of them walked to the glass-automated door. Yoona’s favorite nannies came to greet her and took her stuff inside while she waited at the door for her best friend to bid a goodbye.

“Uhm……so……?” she once again found the marble floorings were more interesting than the beauty before her. The truth was she still felt embarrassed since she already learned that Seohyun had feelings for her…too.

The younger girl smirked teasingly at how her best friend behaved. Ever since Yoona knew her feelings, she had been constantly teasing the girl to confess to her. She walked closer to the shy girl wrapped her hands around the latter’s waist which got the doe-eyed girl startled.

Yoona’s body stiffened. Before this, the girl never acted this awkward. She would usually accept her best friend’s hug willingly. In fact, she enjoyed being in Seohyun’s embrace. But there was a kind of reluctance got in the way.

“S—Seo…”

Seohyun insisted to keep her hold, so Yoona just stopped resisting. “Yes, Yoonbaby?” asked Seohyun teasingly.

“I—I need to know something…” Yoona spoke, avoiding the stare from her best friend.

The younger girl wanted to ask but stopped when a black Audi A8 L W12 arrived. Mr. Im was the first one to show up from the car.

“Oh Seohyun-ah. You’re here!” greeted the man excitedly. Not long after that, Mrs. Im also appeared from inside the car as the guard opened the door.

Mrs. Im stared at the hands around her daughter’s waist which made her frown face apparent. Looking at the sudden change of expression from Yoona’s mother, Seohyun let go of the hug and went to greet the elders.

 

Dinner Time, Im Residence

Instead of having a dinner inside, Mr. Im requested to have it outdoor. So they were currently having dinner in the garden. Seohyun was there too.

“How’s everything, Yoongie? Appa haven’t really got the time to ask from Uncle Lee about your progress in the uni” he broke the silence while the maids were busy preparing the table.

Yoona replied, “Everything’s been well, Appa. But I’m not happy about something though…” she made a sad pout at the second sentence.

“Awww my baby girl is not happy?” Mrs. Im asked worriedly.

Without hesitation, Yoona answered, “Dae! I feel like Appa and Umma are abandoning me now…”

Seohyun just shook her head in response to her best friend’s choding behavior. But she agreed on the girl’s whine though. Lately, the Ims had been busy going overseas to settle deals and business matters.

Both Mr. Im and Mrs. Im sat next to each other while the girls sat opposite to them.

Mr. Im chuckled. “Appa knew you’d mention that, Yoongie. So we got you a surprise!”

“Jjinja?? What is it, Appa?!” she asked impatiently. Her sadness subsided quickly and replaced with excitement.

After a while, one of Yoona’s favorite nannies, Mary brought an envelope to the table and placed it near to Yoona’s plate.

The doe-eyed girl stared at the white envelope blankly. “What is this Appa? I thought you got me a buffet voucher or something like that.” She pouted in disappointment.

Her remark got the others at the table to roll their eyes.

“Open it first, Yoonbaby” told the girl next to her. Yoona complied and was surprised to see two airline tickets.

“Omo omo omo!! Is this real? Appa? Umma?” she asked, still staring at the tickets. Everyone at the table laughed at her cute reac

Please log in to read the full chapter