Chapter 12: Here Goes Nothing

Clueless, yet Adorable
Please log in to read the full chapter

Previously on Clueless, yet Adorable, Chapter 11: Let the Battle Begins

 

Dinner with The Ims

“Ahahahahaha…” the dining hall was filled with laughter. Mr. and Mrs. Im were listening to the reason behind the chaotic situation in the kitchen at noon. They seemed to enjoy the storytelling by the eye-smiling girl.

The two mentioned girls were blushing furiously with all the teasing from the others. They didn’t even dare to look up and simply stared down at the food on their plates.

“So Hyunnie refused to back out from the argument huh? As expected from you, Seohyun-ah” Another teasing from Yoona’s mother. The girl tried to cover her face now.

Mr. Im finished his chewing before speaking, “Who won after the cooking competition, Yoongie?”

Yoona raised her eyebrows while Tiffany and Yuri laughed out loud. Seohyun and Sooyoung lowered their heads even more upon hearing the question.

Yoona cleared , and then said, “Well…The winner is………………”

 

Chapter 12: Here Goes Nothing

 

“MWOOO?!” exclaimed Mr. Im, he almost dropped his glass but gladly his wife caught it in time.

He wiped his mouth with the napkin before speaking, “Mary? How did Mary get into this?”

Yoona sighed and shook her head. Tiffany and Yuri kept laughing when they got reminded on what happened after the so-called cooking show. The eye-smiling girl explained, “Truth to be told, Uncle, something happened…So Yoona didn’t get to try it.”

The two girls were hiding their faces using the napkins.

Mrs. Im giggled looking at the two blushing girls. “Aigoo~ what exactly happened, Yoon ah?”

“Well……”

 

Flashback

The two girls were left with giving a final touch on the rice porridge. Both of them stood proudly with the dishes they just prepared for Yoona. They shot a glare at each other before facing the audience.

“Come on, Yoona. Let’s give a try with the rice porridge” offered Tiffany excitedly, which the girl nodded in response. Yuri made her way to Sooyoung’s table.

“Yah Soo! You’re being obvious…” whispered the tanned girl to her best friend.

 “Just shut up, Yul”. She whispered back while giving her best smile to Yoona.

Soon, Yoona and Tiffany walked and stood in between the two tables. “Hmm Fany-unnie, whose rice porridge should I give it a try first?” asked the doe-eyed girl. She was looking at the two dishes on the tables. She smiled slightly, feeling impressed with the outcome of Tiffany’s idea to come up with this competition.

Although the question was only directed to Tiffany, the two contestants reacted faster and responded at the same time, “MINE!”

Tiffany raised her eyebrows. “Yah you two! She was asking me, not you. Tch!”

The two girls wouldn’t give up, so they brought their bowls respectively to where Yoona stood. Even Tiffany was being pushed involuntarily to the side. Yoona wanted to catch but failed because of her weak state. Gratefully, Yuri was fast enough to catch her girlfriend in time.

Yoona looked at the two excited girls before her with their bowls in hand. She sighed heavily and frowned. They almost injure Tiffany because of her. Sooyoung and Seohyun were oblivious with the girl’s expression because they were glaring at each other closely.

“Let Yoona taste mine first” voiced the tall girl with gritted teeth.

The youngest girl rolled her eyes and whispered, “She will taste mine first, Soo-unnie.” She forced a smile to piss the girl up.

Sooyoung smirked to her then she placed her bowl closer to Yoona. “Come Yoongie. Try this!”

Just when Yoona was about to hold the spoon in Sooyoung’s bowl, Seohyun pushed her opponent’s bowl slightly. The bowl in front of Yoona was replaced by the youngest contestant’s bowl. “Here Yoonbaby! Try this first!”

“Yah Seohyun! Let her try my rice porridge”

“No! She should try MY rice porridge first!” Another push occurred and it happened simultaneously as they argued.

“I finished cooking earlier than you, Seo”

They kept pushing each other while the bowl in front of Yoona was kept changing. She at least wanted to get a hold onto one of the spoon but failed miserably. Her reaction was quite slow on that day because she was really sick. Tiffany and her girlfriend were going to stop them but the two contestants stood so close that they failed to do so.

After countless pushing, suddenly the intensity of the push increased which made the two bowls fell on the floor.

GASPS!

End of Flashback

 

“Omo! No wonder we heard crash sound earlier, sweety. We thought that the maintenance was in progress.” Mr. Im shook his head while laughing.

Not long after that, Mary came and placed a bowl of porridge for the sick girl. Everyone at the table laughed except for the two blushing girls.

The dining hall was filled with chuckles and laughter again. Sooyoung and Seohyun could only bow their heads. They had apologized to each other and after that, Mr. Im kept joking and made the others felt at ease. The surroundings became cheerful as everyone enjoyed the great dinner.

 

When the guests had left, Yoona went back to her room as her Umma tagged along. Mrs. Im wanted to tuck her daughter to sleep. It was what she always did when her daughter had fever or feeling unwell.

The young miss was already lying on the bed under the blanket. Mrs. Im took a seat on the bed, near to her head.

“Quite an interesting day, isn’t it?” uttered her Umma while caressing her daughter’s hair slowly.

Yoona showed a weak smile with her eyes close. “Dae, Umma. That was really unexpected.”

“It was. Aigoo…Umma is happy to see you are surrounded by caring people.” She pecked her daughter’s forehead and then massaged it.

Yoona coughed slightly. “Thanks Umma…and Appa too. I wouldn’t have these amazing friends if both of you didn’t let me go to the uni.”

She continued, “Thank you… Before, I don’t really have many friends. I’m happy, Umma. Really.”

Mrs. Im could feel her daughter’s sincerity in her words. The room became silent as neither of them wanted to speak. After fi

Please log in to read the full chapter