The greatest Magic of them all

Girls' Generation and the Attack on Muggleborns

Seohyun glanced at the Hufflepuff’s table, silently watching Yoona stuff her face with food for a small amount of time, before her eyes found Yoona’s once the older girl started drinking for her glass, what Seohyun assumed was pumpkin juice since Yoona loved it, the latter smiled at her and liquid started falling from the side of her lips as she did so, Seohyun giggled audibly while Yoona just smiled shyly at her as she dried her lips.

“Done flirting with Yoona?” Asked Sunny before she took a big bite from her friend chicken as she smirked at Seohyun, the latter just diverted her eyes from Yoona and stared at the shortest girl with a confused look on.

“I wasn’t flirting with her.” Seohyun replied simply before she took a spoonful from the food on her plate.

“Yeah, and I’m straight.” Sunny said before she bit Seohyun’s shoulder playfully, the latter just flinched at the feeling of the older girl biting her yet she didn’t complain, completely accustomed to the girl’s advances. “You can lie to me all you want, but you can’t lie to yourself.”

“Ever heard of listening to your own advice?” Seohyun asked back daringly as she eyed a skinny girl from the Slytherin eating an even more outrageous amount of food than Yoona had been eating a while ago.

When Sunny was about to reply, they noticed a paper plane landing in front of them, they looked around and noticed a similar one had been placed on Hufflepuff’s table; just in front Hyoyeon, Yoona and Tiffany, and that Yuri and Taeyeon were heading out of the great hall just then.

They stood up to follow after them, but someone stopped Seohyun from moving away.

“Joohyun,” Said the guy that was grabbing her arm, the other Ravenclaw prefect to be exact; Michael Spaughton, although he didn’t pronounce correctly her name, it was very obvious he tried extra hard in doing so.

“Yes?” She asked as she tilted her head to the side, failing to notice the blush on the guy’s cheeks as she did so.

“Be back in thirty minutes, we’ll take the new kids to their dorms then.”

“Okay, thank you very much Michael.” The guy blushed harder and nodded as he muttered a barely audible ‘no problem’.

When they stepped out of the Great Hall, she noticed the girl’s standing there, waiting just for her.

“Who was that guy?” Asked Yoona in an unreadable expression.

“He? The other Ravenclaw prefect, just informing me that in thirty minutes we’ll take the kids to the dorm.” Seohyun replied simply, not realizing the way the rest of the girls seemed to be teasing them now.

 

Once all of them had gotten to the bathroom, they all sat on the floor forming a circle.

“So…” Yuri started, scratching the back of her neck nervously as she glanced at everyone with an uneasy gaze. Jessica looked shy, to say the least, which had to be a first. Yuri took Jessica’s hand in hers, searching for reassurance but still they stayed silent for a few minutes.

“So… you’re dating right?” Hyoyeon asked, as always blurting out whatever was in her mind at the moment. Unconsciously helping the new couple to release all the tension they felt upon them.

The two girls nodded and the all their friends stood up, bringing the couple up with them to congratulate them with hugs, handshakes and words of support. After doing so, Yoona and Seohyun stayed behind, watching their older friends bombard with questions the two girls who seemed incredibly shy yet happy while answering them.

“You know…” Seohyun started, capturing Yoona’s attention immediately. “This is why I like the Wizarding Community over here in the U.K.” She kept on smiling at her friends and her eyes shined with a light Yoona’s never seen before.

It captivated her.

“What?”

“In the muggle world, people like them are judged from loving each other, in Korea, the witched and wizards are too stuck up to some old fashioned ideals so they would be judged there too, but over here…” She sighed happily, before diverting her gaze from the happy couple and staring at Yoona. “Over here they only care about magic and love is the greatest magic to have ever existed in the world.” Her eyes started twinkling in a magical way and Yoona felt her heart pick up its pace. “Over here they don’t care about who you love, they are only glad that you were able to find love.”

“Yeah,” Yoona replied, unable to say anything else for a second. “You’re right, muggles don’t understand the magic of love and in Korea they are too stuck up to understand it.”

They glanced at Yuri and Jessica, loving the way they haven’t let go of each other’s hands.

“Hyun.” Suddenly Sunny’s voice rang, bringing Seohyun out of her thoughts.

“Yes?” She replied and the older girl motioned her head to the door, Seohyun followed with her gaze only to find Michael standing shyly outside the door.

“I… I know I said you had half hour but…” His said loudly for her to hear. “But… I wanted to get to know you better before we started with our prefect duties, if it’s not much trouble.” His pale face was now a bright red color, his deep blue eyes looked everywhere but to where Seohyun was, seven girls smirked at Seohyun, one glared at the guy and Seohyun was just really confused as in why he looked so shy.

“I…” She started, the guy lifted his gaze and met hers, she blushed a bit from the intensity of his gaze and then said. “Just give me a moment and I’ll be out.”

The guy just nodded and smiled quickly before he left.

“Oh~ Our Joohyun’s got an admirer~” Sooyoung teased and the younger one shook her head.

“No, we’re just going to spend a lot of time together from now on, he just wants to know me better.”

“Oh yes, dating is an excellent way to get to know each other.” Hyoyeon continued with the teasing now.

Seohyun just shook her head quickly.

“Are you even into guys?” Taeyeon asked playfully and the rest of the girls laughed.

“Are you into anything at all?” Yuri said this time.

“Of course she’s into something.” Hyoyeon said. “She’s into does.”

The girls laughed really hard except for Yoona and Seohyun, the latter because she was embarrassed and Yoona because… well, she didn’t get the joke.

“I don’t understand.” Yoona said simply.

“That’s why you’re not in Ravenclaw.” Jessica said quickly, earning more laughs among the girls.

“Well, I’ll get going, see you tomorrow.” Seohyun said before she stepped out of the bathroom leaving the other girls behind.

“You should hurry up, Yoona.” Tiffany said as she noticed Seohyun was no longer within reach.

“What do you mean?”

“Seohyun’s very pretty.” Taeyeon stated, ignoring the longing look Tiffany shot at her. “Anyone could like her.”

“Yeah, so?” Yoona asked, knowing exactly what the older girl was referring to, but not wanting to admit it.

“If you don’t ask her out soon, someone else could do it… and she might even say yes.”

Before Yoona could reply, a group of ten students entered the bathroom, looking slightly lost as they did so.

“Hello?” Asked Yuri, confused as in why a group of students, all from different years and houses, besides themselves of course, were gathered there.

No one responded, just stared blankly at them.

“Is there anything you need?” Asked Jessica to the students, no one said anything once again.

“Look, if you’re trying to scare us it’s not working, so just-” Before Sooyoung could finish talking to the ten students, they started walking towards them, pointing their wands at them.

“Guys, if you’re trying to prank us,” Tiffany said, the students started surrounding them and she felt Taeyeon’s firm hand hold onto hers tightly, feeding each other with courage. They all held their hands up, ready to protect themselves in case they were attacked. “It’s not funny so please stop it.”

Just as Tiffany finished speaking, it all started.

“Sectum Sempra!” Exclaimed a student while pointing directly at Tiffany, Taeyeon placed herself in front of Tiffany, releasing the hand she was holding onto, and quickly exclaimed “Protego!” Just in time to protect herself and Tiffany from the spell. “Expelliarmus!” She exclaimed next and disarmed the student and then “Stupefy!” She knocked him down.

She turned around quickly, wanting to check if Tiffany was okay, only to find the younger one already defending herself from another student that had attacked her.

Spells were flying all over the place, the eight girls tried to use mainly defensive spells, not wanting to hurt the students that seemed to have no inhibitions in the spells they used on them.

Sunny disarmed the last one and suddenly the ten students all fell to the ground at the same time.

“Are you guys okay?” Asked Taeyeon as she glanced around, she noticed Sooyoung’s arms was bleeding and took a glance, it didn’t look pretty.

She glanced around once again, only to find Professor Lockwood along with Professor McGonagall standing in the doorway, staring rather impressed at the students that laid on the floor.

 

Seven of them were now in the Headmaster’s office, since Sooyoung had been taken to the infirmary along with the knocked down students that had attacked them.

“Professor, I swear, they started attacking us, we were just protecting ourselves.” Taeyeon said as she courageously stood in front of the girls.

Professor Lockwood scoffed and was about to yell at them when McGonagall stopped him.

“Leave, Lockwood.”

“But-!”

“I said leave, I’ll take care of this.”

“You favor them too much, I’ve told you all along all they are is trouble! We should sent them back to their country like I’ve told you all along! Before-”

“I said leave!” She exclaimed loudly. “Save those comments to yourself please, we’ll discuss it later, now leave.”

He just glared at the girls as he stormed out of the office, the girls just looked pretty hurt by his comments.

“Don’t mind him,” McGonagall said calmly. “Want some tea?” The girls just shook their heads, lowered down in shame, the words Professor Lockwood said replaying on their heads.

“I know it wasn’t you.” McGonagall said as she sat down. “Madam Pomfrey was checking them, she believes someone used the Imperio Curse on them.”

The girls nodded slowly, not really understanding what was going on but wanting to express that they understood.

“Why would they attack us?” Asked Yoona.

“We don’t know, so far it makes no sense.” McGonagall said with as much calmness as before. “Now, I’ll allow you to go and visit Miss Choi, although it’s already past curfew, she was hurt by dark magic so there’ll be scar left and the healing process will hurt quite a lot, to see her friends maybe will appease her.” She eyed Sunny quickly.

All the girls nodded and slowly made their way out of their office, not before muttering their goodbyes to the Headmaster.

“So that’s how it is.” McGonagall murmured to herself. “They want them… but who wants them and what for?” She turned to Dumbledore’s paint, hoping to find the answer in her wise predecessor, only to encounter eyes as confused as her own.


Here's the second chapter! Starting off with some action :)

Hope you enjoyed the chapter, let me know in the comments what you thought of the chapter :)

Comment, upvote and subscribe if you like the chapter or the story in genera :)

Until Next Time :D