Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst

Girls' Generation and the Attack on Muggleborns

Yuri was lying on the Hospital Wing’s bed, Madame Pomfrey heading to where she was holding her wand out.

“I’m glad no one tried to help you.” She said simply. “I can fix broken bones in seconds, but make them appear or something like that is more complicated, been there way too many times.”

 Yuri just nodded, holding her broken arm as Jessica stared at her with a deep frown, apparently lost in her thought.

Madame Pomfrey pointed her wand to Yuri’s arm before she said loud and clear.

“Brackium Emendo!” Yuri let out a groan and a sound that resembled two pieces of wood hitting against each other could be sound, but in less than ten seconds Yuri’s femur was as new as it was this morning.

“It should hurt for an hour or even less,” Madame Pomfrey said as she pocketed her wand. “Stay here until the hour goes by, if the pain isn’t gone by then, then I’d need to inspect further.”

Yuri nodded obediently and Madame Pomfrey smiled at her before leaving the Hospital Wing.

Jessica took Yuri’s head in between her hands before pulling her in and kissing her passionately in the lips.

“Wow,” Hyoyeon said as they watched their friends wrap their arms around each other and kiss as if they weren’t there. “I feel like we’re intruding.” They all nodded.

“Is this how you mates felt in the morning?” Taeyeon asked, a blush appearing on Tiffany’s face as Taeyeon said it.

“Precisely,” Yoona said with an awkward smile. “It makes me feel slightly voyeuristic.”

“Voyeuristic?” Sooyoung asked with a confused expression, Hyoyeon, Sunny and Tiffany had the same expression on.

“Don’t.” Seohyun said suddenly. “You don’t need to know what that means.” A blush adorning her face as she said so.

“It’s something erted, right?” Sunny asked. 

“Yup.” Taeyeon said with a weird smirk on her features.

“Behave, you ert.” Tiffany said jokingly as she slapped lightly her girlfriend’s arm.

“Make me.” Taeyeon said flirtingly, causing Sunny, Hyoyeon and Sooyoung to gag while Yoona just covered Seohyun’s eyes, using the opportunity to embrace Seohyun for a while.

Just before Taeyeon and Tiffany were about to engage in yet another kiss, someone clearing their throat stopped them from it.

They turned to the source of the sound only to find none other than Minerva McGonagall standing in the doorway, the girls immediately stood straight and Seohyun started nudging Jessica so she would stop making out with Yuri.

“What do you-?” Jessica was about to ask, annoyance clear in her voice but as soon as she spotted Professor McGonagall standing in the doorway she stepped away from Yuri and stood straight, her face turning a bright pink.

“Sorry for interrupting,” The Principal said with a knowing smile on her lips. “But I need to speak with Miss Kim.”

“With me?” Asked Taeyeon.

“Or with me?” Asked Hyoyeon, both of them looked at each other before turning back to the principal who was still smiling calmly.

“I mean with Miss Kim Taeyeon.” McGonagall said as her eyes stared into Taeyeon’s eyes, the young girl just nodded and followed the principal outside as she took deep breaths.

“This might be weird.” McGonagall said as they were far away from the Hospital Wing and no one seemed to be around them. “But I need to warn you.”

“Warn me?” Taeyeon asked; confusion quite clear in her voice.

“Yes, this…constant accidents that have occurred four times already… are no coincidence.” She said carefully as she stared at the short girl.

“What do you mean? Do you know what’s going on, Professor McGonagall?”

“I can’t say for sure…I just request for you to be careful and to pay special attention to your friends, because I don’t know if all of you are in danger or if it’s just some of you, there’s nothing really clear about anything.”

“I’m sorry Professor if I sound insolent but so far I’ve seen Yuri and Yoona get attacked in all occasions, I’m worried about their safety, is there anything you can do about it Professor?” She asked firmly, she wasn’t going to let her friends get hurt for whatever thing is going on.

“I just promise you that if the quidditch field gets too dangerous, I’ll cancel the season.” She replied just as firmly. “I know you’re only looking out for your friends Miss Kim, but you have to understand that I can’t do anything about it unless I have some certainty, to let you and your friends continue being free around here may cause more attacks, but the more attacks we have… the more clues we have, so I’ll ask you to be discreet about the information I just gave you, just try to be careful about them.”

“I’m sorry Professor, but you didn’t give me more information,” She said quite daringly. “You’re not telling me anything clearly, why shouldn’t I say anything?”

“Because the other students only think of it as weird coincidences, they don’t think anything’s wrong, so we’d like to keep it that way until we’re sure what’s really going on.” Taeyeon just nodded  at the Headmaster, knowing she really had no choice.

“Do you promise me you’ll try to find whoever is behind this?” Taeyeon murmured.

“Of course I do but, If I may ask, why?” McGonagall said as she looked at the determined eyes of the younger one.

“Because they’re my family, we’re all one.” Taeyeon said with a small gracing her features. “Their pain is my pain; I don’t want them to get hurt or something worse.”

“What about your own family?” McGonagall asked.

“My mother is a muggle, my father is a wizard that died a bit before I was born,” She said as she sighed. “In Korea, to be a muggle born or raised by muggles makes you unworthy of magic, I have no ties over there and my mother doesn’t like magic.” She said, McGonagall had heard about that before and she thought it was barbaric. “That’s why, they’re everything I have Professor, so I hope you understand I care for them deeply.”

“Of course I understand, Miss Kim.” Professor McGonagall said with a gentle smile. “I promise you I’ll try my best so everything will be sorted soon, just be patient.”

Taeyeon smiled at her and a warmth spread through her, there was something calming about that young woman.

“Now go and return to your lovely lady over there,” Professor McGonagall said playfully, causing Taeyeon to blush hard. “Don’t want to keep her waiting, do we?” Taeyeon just shook her head shyly before starting to leave.

She hesitated and McGonagall frowned at this. The younger one seemed to contemplate something for a second.

Before Professor McGonagall could react Taeyeon had hugged her.

“Thank you very much Professor for speaking with me,” She said in barely a whisper. “You have no idea how important and calming it is to me to know that you, the headmaster, is willing to help us.”

She separated herself from the hug before bowing slightly to the teacher and fled hurriedly to the Hospital Wing.

McGonagall watched the retreating figure of the girl and couldn’t help but wish she could truthfully assure them they’ll be alright.


Double update, because I am cool like that xD

I'll be honest to SooSun and YoonHyun shippers, SooSun is relatively close to getting together... but YoonHyun... according to my planning they won't get together in about six more chapters (or so) so be patient :)

Aaaalso, I was called out by someone who I became friends through this as a... flirter? If I talk to you personally and you feel like I'm flirting with you, I'm sorry xD I don't do it intentionally but apparently I do it... and I do it a lot according to her xD

So, as always, comment, upvote and subscribe if you liked the chapter or the story for that matter :)

Until Next Time :D