Brave doesn't mean not scared

Girls' Generation and the Attack on Muggleborns

“Are you girls ready?” McGonagall asked as all of them stood in her office.

They all nodded, eager yet filled with nervousness about what could they encounter on that fateful day.

“Jessica, you can’t take your cat with you.” McGonagall said as she looked at all the girls.

“But I can’t leave her here!” Jessica said as she hugged Krystal close, she looked up at the professor with huge puppy eyes and the headmaster found herself surrendering at the girl’s mercy. 

“Okay, but I must warn you, were we are going is no place for cats…” The professor turned around then and threw some floo powder into the chimney; the flames brightened up and turned green.

“Who wants to go first?” McGonagall said with ease.

“Aren’t… aren’t you coming with us?” Taeyeon asked.

“No.” McGonagall said with a small smile. “This is a journey you must make on your own.”

“Any recommendations?” Taeyeon asked as she stepped into the chimney, the flames slowly engulfing her while McGonagall handed her some floo powder.

“When you get into the department of Mysteries, it’s on Level 9 by the way, make sure no one touches the brains or passes through the veil, don’t try to force open a door that is impossible to open and when in the Prophecy Hall… be careful.” McGonagall said very confidently, the girls seemed confused, yet they nodded, acknowledging the advice they had been given. “Say it clear, dear.”

Taeyeon nodded and took a deep breath, she threw the floo powder harshly against the floor while she said loud and clear. “Ministry!” causing the flames to completely engulf her and she disappeared.

Tiffany quickly headed into the flaming chimney, not wanting to leave Taeyeon alone for long, and just as McGonagall handed her the floo powder, she quickly threw it into the flames and exclaimed “Ministry!” so she could follow her girlfriend to the frontlines.

“Very eager is she?” McGonagall said jokingly as Jessica headed to the chimney, ready to be the next one.

“They don’t know how to be without each other.” Yuri said with a smile as she watched her girlfriend disappear among the flames and then she headed there.

McGonagall just smiled at Yuri before handing her the powder.

One by one the girls headed to the ministry, all until just one was left.

“Joohyun.” McGonagall called out, as she stared at the youngest girl who was waiting among the flames of the floo net, waiting for the powder to be dropped in the chimney.

“Yes, professor?” Seohyun replied, her hand slowly filled itself with floo powder that McGonagall gave her.

“Be careful, if you see things are getting dangerous… just flee.” McGonagall said with concerning eyes and worried voice.

Seohyun just nodded firmly before she dropped the floo powder and said firmly “Ministry!” like her friends had done before.

“Do you really think they’ll truly achieve anything?” Professor Lockwood asked as he entered the room.

“I don’t know.” McGonagall said.

“Then why did you let them go? Even more so, why let them go alone?” Lockwood asked, obviously displeased with McGonagall’s decision.

“Because I have an impression… that this isn’t truly our war.” McGonagall said with a solemn expression as she glanced at Dumbledore’s portrait that was sleeping as of now.

“Nonsense.” Professor Lockwood said. “You brought them here, you insisted on bringing them here no matter how much I tried to stop you and now… you’re letting them go out like that with a high chance of them getting killed?!” He exclaimed angrily, his face turning red out of frustration towards the headmaster he admired so much.

“They’re capable.” McGonagall said as she now fixed her gaze on the green flames that were slowly fading. “At least I hope so.”

 

 

Seohyun stepped out of the chimney and started to dust the ashes from her jeans.

“I hate using the floo net.” She murmured to herself as she pulled her wand out, she was about to dust it off with magic before she remembered she was still 15 years old therefore couldn’t perform magic out of Hogwarts, at least not without bringing too much unwanted attention, she won’t perform magic unless it was truly needed.

She kept on dusting off her clothes as she slowly made her way to where the rest of the girls were, right in front of the elevators that would take them to Level 9.

“I don’t understand why you brought your cat.” Seohyun heard Hyoyeon say to Jessica as she stepped closer to them.

“She’s been really distant from me… I think she’s jealous of the amount of time I spent with Yuri…” Jessica said with a small blush on her cheeks. “But for some reason, she doesn’t seem to want to stay away from me today.”

“Okay…” Sooyoung said sceptically. “Well, Seo’s here so let’s get going.”

“We’ll be a tight fit though.” Sunny said as she pressed the button besides the elevator doors and caused it to reveal a small room.

“Well… hold your breath then.” Yoona said this time as she made her way inside, pulling Seohyun along with her.

 

The ride was silent all the way to level 9, once they got there they quickly left the very small elevator.

“Merlin, never again.” Sooyoung said as she looked at the cramped elevator leave.

“Look!” Sunny exclaimed, diverting the attention from Sooyoung. “The door’s there, let’s go!”

They all quickly reached the door.

“Whatever there is inside…” Taeyeon started speaking; all of them turned quiet and they stared at her. “We must stay together… okay? Let’s be careful…”

They all nodded, Taeyeon slowly opened the door.

“I’ll take a look first, okay?” She said and they didn’t reply, they just stared at her as she made her way in. It looked really dark; nothing was actually there for her to see.

She motioned the girls inside and as soon as the last girl made her way inside, the door suddenly closed and disappeared from their sight, they all panicked but before they could try to return the floor seemed to turn into ashes below them and they fell.

They all yelled and screamed, out of panic, fear, horror, shock, surprise although they mainly did it out of fear for own life.

They all reached out and held each other’s hands, fulfilling their promise of staying together no matter what. The free fall seemed eternal…all until they caught sight of the ground and they couldn’t help but feel even more fearful at the idea of crashing against it.

As if by magic, they suddenly stopped their fall.

“What the heck?!” Exclaimed Hyoyeon and before anyone could reply, the fall started again but now they only fell about two meters before crashing down on cold and hard floor.

“What the heck is correct!” Yuri said as she slowly stood up, pain running all over her body and she groaned, before she leant down once again and now helped Jessica stand up, the latter had taken quite the hit on her back since she didn’t want Krystal to get hurt.

“Are you okay?” Yuri asked worriedly at her grunting girlfriend who seemed in a lot of pain.

“I’m just fine.” Jessica said between groans.

The room suddenly started to lighten itself with blue lights, the girls looked confusedly at each other before they decided to slowly follow the pathway that the lamps lit up for them.

“This could be a trap for all I know.” Sunny said as she walked besides Taeyeon, both of them leading the group forward.

“Do you have any other idea?” Taeyeon said as she gripped her wand tightly, holding it out in front of her, her hand was visibly trembling but she had to be brave, brave for them.

After walking for a few minutes of unnerving silence, the blue lights turned themselves off.

“Lumus.” Taeyeon whispered and her wand light up then, she looked in front of her and realized they were in front of a tank with a very gross looking green liquid.

“What in the name of Merlin’s pants is that?” Tiffany whispered as she watched the tank full of green liquid.

As if answering her, what seemed to be a brain suddenly crashed against the wall of the tank, causing them all to get startled.

“Make sure no one touches the brains…” Seohyun whispered. “This was what McGonagall was talking about!” She exclaimed.

“But if they are in a tank how would we touch them?” Asked Yoona with a confused expression on her face.

“That means they aren’t only in the tank.” Sunny said. “Let’s all use lumus and watch very carefully every step we take, okay?”

They all nodded and pulled out her wands.

Once all their wands were lighten up, they all noticed that the green liquid was also spluttered on the floor.

“If that green thing is on the floor, most probably the brains will be there as well.” Sunny said and Taeyeon nodded, guiding their way carefully.

A weird slipping sound came from behind them, so they turned around only to realize that the brains were following them closely from behind.

“Bloody hell!” Sooyoung exclaimed since she was the closest to the brain. “They are increasing their speed! Let’s go!”

Taeyeon stopped them from moving, she looked carefully upfront and realized two doors had appeared just a few meters away from them.

“Sunny, let’s go over there, you try to open the one on the left and I’ll try opening the one in the right.” Sunny nodded as Taeyeon’s words reached her ears and then they ran to the doors, the rest of the girls following them.

Sunny and Taeyeon simultaneously tried to open their respective doors, Sunny’s opened but only darkness could see in it but Taeyeon’s didn’t even open. Taeyeon didn’t force it and entered the room Sunny had just opened, not minding about putting herself in danger, as long as the rest were okay…she was okay.

Nothing seemed dangerous inside besides the lack of light inside, so she urged them to come in.

The girls quickly got inside since the brains were following and Yuri and Yoona closed the door violently, forcing it to close since the brains were pushing hard against it. When it was finally completely shut, the two holding the door let out a sigh of relief.

“I never expected something like that.” Hyoyeon said as she stared at the door, it was too random, too weird. “These English people and their weird investigations.”

“That was disgusting.” Jessica said, Krystal was basically clawed on her sweater.

“If we fall again someone please use ‘Aresto Momentum’.” Seohyun said as she daringly stood beside Taeyeon and then took a few more steps, she let a sigh of relief as she noticed nothing seemed to crumble down.

“Lumus.” She whispered and the rest of them mirrored her action, as all their wands illuminated them they were able to spot the endless amount of tall shelves were crystal balls were.

“We’re here.” Tiffany whispered as they all admired the ridiculous amount of prophecies.

“Which number was the prophecy we’re looking for?” Sooyoung asked as they all started walking.

“805.” Taeyeon replied simply.

As they kept walking a black cloud appeared over them and then fell over them, it was so dark they couldn’t even look in front of them, they ran into each other constantly without being able to differ who they were running into.

“What is this?” Yoona asked, she was the first one to be able to step out of the darkness.

“It seems like it’s Peruvian Instant Darkness Powder.” Tiffany said as she also was able to step out of the darkness. “Guys! Can you hear me?!” Tiffany yelled at the dark cloud.

“Yes!” Was faintly heard.

“Follow my voice!” She exclaimed, after she said that, Taeyeon was able to finally step out of the darkness, blinking rapidly since her eyes were adjusting to the light in the room. Tiffany quickly ran into her arms and kissed her quickly before she hugged her as if it was the last hug they were ever going to share.

“Uh…Guy! Step out quickly before Taeyeon and Tiffany start making out even in this situation where our lives are In danger!” Yoona yelled this time, and as soon as she finished speaking, Yuri came out of the darkness, Jessica coming along with her since they seemed to have been holding hands all along.

“Guys!” They all exclaimed together, calling out for those who were still in the dark cloud.

They were welcomed with silence.

The darkness started dissipating out of the blue, only to reveal a knocked down Seohyun on the floor and no one there besides her.

Yoona quickly ran to Seohyun’s side and tried to wake her up.

Seohyun shook violently in Yoona’s arms and her eyes opened rather scarily.

“They took them!” She said as she sat up suddenly. “I tried to stop them…they were too many!” Seohyun said and her eyes, wide with fear and filled with tears stared at Yoona’s.

“What are you talking about?” Yuri asked.

“Those…those men,” Seohyun said as she clenched Yoona’s shirt. “They had the Hand of Glory with them, so they could see illuminate their way… they knocked them down and I… I tried to stop them, but they knocked me, they knocked me down as they took them away.” Tears started falling down her cheeks. “I watched as they took Sunny, Sooyoung and Hyoyeon away and I couldn’t stop them…”

The rest of the girls just stared dumbfounded at Seohyun, the girl wasn’t made of iron…but seeing her cry… that didn’t happen often.

“Let’s go,” Taeyeon said as she stood up, tears filling her eyes. “We need to find our way out so we can tell the authorities about this.” She said quickly.

“But Taeyeon, the girls-” Started Yuri and Taeyeon interrupted her.

“We’re not going to achieve anything but to endanger ourselves…Let’s go look for help.” Taeyeon said pleadingly. “I wouldn’t be able to handle losing any of you as well…” A lone tear trickled down her cheek. “I am a Gryffindor… I’m supposed to be brave… but I’m scared, scared of losing you…so please…listen to me…”

No one said anything, Tiffany just held her tightly hand as they started walking in search of a way out of the Prophecy Hall.

But then darkness engulfed them once again.

Taeyeon just closed her eyes and took a deep breath, she walked straight forward and when she opened her eyes again, she was out of that darkness.

She was about to turn to her side and tell Tiffany they had made it, when she realized Tiffany wasn’t holding her hand, fear creeped up her body.

She didn’t feel her let go, had she even been holding it?

“Tiffany!” She yelled and nothing was heard. “Tiffany!” She yelled again and silence was the only response again. “Tiffany!” She exclaimed, yet it came out strangled, tears threatening to fall.

The darkness once again disappeared and now she only saw Yuri, Yoona and Seohyun.

Yuri wore the same helpless expression Taeyeon did.

“She let go of my hand because that stupid cat ran away!” Yuri yelled as she collapsed on the floor. “They took her as soon as she was away from me… I couldn’t even see clearly where she was…” She said between sobs, her tears hitting the ground-.

“T-Ti-Tiffany?” Was all Taeyeon could mutter.

“She was taken too,” Yoona replied, her eyes teary. “They petrified me and Seohyun… we couldn’t stop them… they just… carried them out…”

Taeyeon felt numb, Tiffany wasn’t there…all because she failed to notice she wasn’t holding her hand any more.

“It’s all my fault!” Taeyeon yelled as her body shook violently, out of sadness, out of fear, out of guilt. “All I had to do was hold her hand…” She choked out, sobless tears started streaming down her face.

“Taeyeon..” Seohyun whispered.

“What?” She snapped at Seohyun.

“Look…” They all looked in the direction Seohyun and noticed that on the shelf just beside Taeyeon’s head, prophecy 805 was.

“You better be worth it…” Taeyeon said as she grabbed it.

The crystal ball started shining brightly as soon as Taeyeon touched and an unfamiliar voice started talking loud and clear.

Nine different girls come together to become one. Four descendants of the most antique trees in the east, three with no magical blood, one stained by a creature’s impurities and one magical being conceived in a filthy womb who will lead them all. 

The oldest magical institution will be shaken to its core with the appearance of those who magic is unnatural, gifted from those who once ruled the world.

Only nine working together will lead to a victory and if one of the three vanishes everything will be destroyed.

“It sounds like we’re going to cause a chaos in Hogwarts.” Yoona said after a second of silence.

“That’s where they are wrong.” Seohyun muttered.

“What?” Taeyeon asked this time.

“The oldest magical institution isn’t Hogwarts.” Seohyun said with eyes filled with realization. “It’s SM School for Pure Blooded Wizards; it’s around two thousand years old.”

All the girls stared at each other.

“Give us the prophecy.” A voice speaking Korean sounded behind them.

The girls turned around, only to encounter about fifteen men wearing black robes, all of them were clearly Korean.

“Why do you want it? Where are the others?” Taeyeon exclaimed firmly.

“Such strong words coming from a filthy monster like you, Kim Taeyeon.” A tall man said as he stood proudly in front of her.

“What are you talking about? I’m not a monster,” Taeyeon replied courageously. “If anything you are the monster! Where are my girls?!”

He just laughed at her.

“I am not a monster, but you are, you’ll see soon.” As he finished saying that, he threw to the floor what seemed to be the powder from earlier and Taeyeon hugged the prophecy close to her body, she closed her eyes tightly, feeling people move and touch her and listening to them talk.

When she opened her eyes once again, she realized she was now alone, the prophecy still close to her and they were no longer in the Prophecy Hall, they were now in the Death Room, where the veil was.

She looked around and saw Yuri, Yoona and Seohyun tied, handcuffed and wearing a blindfold while being knocked out. The rest of the girls stood around the room, each one held harshly by a man while a wand was held against their throats.

All except one.

Tiffany was held harshly by her hair, several wands pointed at her and they were threatening her… threatening to throw her through the veil.

Threatening to kill her.

“Now Kim Taeyeon.” The same guy from earlier said as he extended his hand to Taeyeon. “Give me the promise or else…” And as he said that, Tiffany was pushed closer to the veil.

Taeyeon stared at Tiffany’s eyes, the latter’s eyes were filled with fear and Taeyeon felt the fresh tears on her eyes.

“I’ll let your friends go, all of them, just hand me the prophecy.” He said in a more desperate tone.

“I’m sorry.” She muttered, her eyes still glued to Tiffany’s.

She handed him the prophecy.


I'm sorry for the delay, hope the chapter makes up for it haha

Also I'd like to thank deathbysmile for unconsciously (for her) for helping me write xD

Upvote, comment and subscribe if you like the chapter or the story for that matter :D

Until Next Time :3