Opening Up and Being Comfortable

Experimental Love

*Chaerin's POV*

The next day, I woke up with a wonderful feeling. I jump out of bed and put on my jogging attire. I ran around the subdivision while thinking about what happened. I'm really elated that things were just good with my relationship with Dara because I really like her. As I came back, I saw her on her yard tending her small orchard.

 

"Good morning beautiful!" I greeted her while leaning on the small fence that divides our lot.

 

"Morning to you too gorgeous!" She grinned at me.

 

"Gorgeous huh?" I certainly am not. Not when I'm drenching with sweats and don't have a make-up.

 

"You're gorgeous alright. Have you eaten yet?'

 

"Nope. I was actually waiting for you to invite me." I giggled when she rolled her eyes.

 

"Well, c'mon then let's eat breakfast inside."

 

"Are you sure?"

 

"Positive."

 

"Yaaasss! I'll just take a bath." I quickly dashed inside my house.

 

"Don't take too long!" I heard her yell. After twenty minutes or so, I'm already done and on my way to her place. She looks so fresh and beautiful as I stared at her when she opened the door for me.

 

"Are you just gonna stare at me? Let's go inside."

 

"I can't help it. You're so beautiful. I never get tired of saying it over and over again." I said while following her in the dining room. I saw pancakes, eggs, sausages and freshly brewed coffee in the table. "Wow. This is heaven." I sat in front of her.

 

"Don't you cook Rin?"

 

"At times, but I survive with cereal and take-outs. Why did you ask? Are you gonna adopt me?" I .

 

"Ya! Quit it. Let's eat." We started eating with great gusto. I missed eating home-cooked meals since I'm too lazy to cook for my own. Then we both went out in her house to go to work. She doesn’t want to hitch a ride for me so we use our own cars.

 

"Have a great day ahead, Dy and thank you for the breakfast. See you later." I waved at her as I drove my way to YGE. I can't explain the feeling, but I'm really happy. I was literally humming on my car. My joyous mood did not get unnoticed by my colleagues.

 

"What's with you Chae? Did you get laid?" Seunghyun said when he entered my studio. I work as an audio engineer and a resident producer here in YGE. YG wanted me to debut as a solo, but I prefer working behind the scene. But I also do collaborations with my colleagues.

 

"Ya oppa, do I have to get laid to be happy?"

 

"I don't know. You just look different - in a good way." He lounged at the couch.

 

"Hmmmn..."

 

"So, mind sharing who is the unlucky girl?" He snickered.

 

"Eeeeeh? You'll know sooner Tabi." I smiled mysteriously at him. I don't want yet to inform him nor our friends about my thing with Dara. I'll wait until its official if it's going to be. I'm grateful that he didn't pry anymore. So, we spent the whole day working on new songs for the company's new girl group. It was past 5pm when I decided to go home. I fished my phone and called Dy.

 

"Hello Dy. Are you home?"

 

"Not yet, but I'm on my way. Why?"

 

"Do you have plans for dinner?"

 

"Planning to buy take-out." She said.

 

"Hold that thought. I'm gonna buy us dinner."

 

"You sure?"

 

"Yep! Meet you at my place, 'kay?"

 

"Okay. See'ya." Then she hangs up. I quickly drove and order Chinese take out for us. It took more than thirty minutes for the food so I arrived by quarter to seven in my house. I quickly set up the table and few minutes my door buzzed. I opened the door and ushered her inside.

 

"Wow. Did you change the interior of your house? The last time I was here, it's not much." Dara remarked as she roamed her eyes around. Chaerin's spacious house is highlighted with a "Safari" like atmosphere. It's the kind of merging feminity and masculinity and her love for animal printed things. The house clearly belongs to a person with high taste in fashion.

 

"Uhm, I kinda experimented. Do you like it?"

 

"Of course! It's so cool."

 

"Thanks. C'mon let's feed these stomachs. You like Chinese right?"

 

"Uh-huh." So, for the second time of the day, we ate together. We talked about our day and almost anything. She didn't leave yet. So after I cleaned the dishes we continued talking in the living room. It's like we are on getting to know each other stage.

 

"Rin, do you mind sharing about yourself because we talked about almost everything except about you." Dara asked as we were comfortably seated in the living room and nibbling some sweets for our dessert. I looked at her. Well, it's true that I never talk much about myself. Even me I find nothing interesting in my past life. I'm more than happy now that I get to do what I want - music and fashion.

 

"Sure. What do you want to know?" I asked her. I never felt awkward with her around. Dara's presence has this calming aura. And makes me wanna entrust everything with her. Heck, I won't be surprised if I'm falling in love with her already.

 

"For nearly two years, I've never heard you mention about your family. Where are they?" I paused for a while, pondering how to answer her question. Family? I almost never talk about it. After my mother's death when I was fifteen years old, everything went downhill. I ran away from home since my father and I fought almost seven years ago. He doesn't want me to pursue my dream of being a musician. So, I left home and my grandfather took care of me. But I never depended everything on him; I worked hard until I was granted scholarship in Berklee College of Music and finished my degree in Acoustical Engineering. My grandpa is still alive and he's residing in China. He is still managing his own company. I took a deep breath before answering her.

 

"I've been by myself for the past seven years, Dy. I ran away from home when I was seventeen because my father has been dictating me what I had to do with my life. He wants me to work for his telecommunications company which I don't want. And well, he got furious when he found out about my uality. I defied him and he disowned me. Things weren't like that when my Mom was still alive, but she died of cancer when I was fifteen." I paused when I felt her hug me. It felt so warm and comfortable. I snuggled her close and continued my story. "I literally packed all my things and left. When my grandfather heard that, he took me. But I don't want to be a burden so I worked to support myself and education. He just helped me settle in Boston when I entered Berklee." We were still snuggled close and I can smell the fresh fragrance from her. It has been a long time since I last felt this. Warm, cozy, at home.

 

"Where is your grandfather, Rin?" She asked quietly.

 

"He's in China now. He likes to transfer from time to time, but I do visit him every now and then."

 

"Why didn't you live with him?"

 

"Seoul is home for me even if I didn't stay here long. And I'm glad that I get to work on YG Entertainment." It has been my dream to work in YGE - one of the biggest entertainment companies in South Korea. My exemplary credentials made me through it, though only few people know that I was actually a trainee there when I was thirteen. It's one of the reasons why my father and I fought because he is a major shareholder of the rival company - SM Entertainment. My mom supported my dream and when she died, I was really devastated. But when I turned twenty, I had the biggest surprise in my life when my mom's legal adviser handed me documents stating that I inherited her shares in YGE, so that made me a part-owner. This knowledge is well hidden from the public even with my best friends. I am more comfortable as it is.

 

"You don't have any siblings?" I almost cringed at the thought because unfortunately, I do have.

 

"Uhm, yes. I have. Lee Soo Hyuk and I grew very far apart from each other. We almost never talk to each other. He is actually my half-brother. Father's firstborn from his first wife. He is eight years older than me." Soo Hyuk, the golden jealous boy. He almost ruined my life. Hated me because I was grandfather's favorite and candidate to be heiress even if I don't like it.

 

"I rather feel bad because I don't know about those things about you before." She said while slowly letting go of me.

 

"I'm sorry. I'm just not fond of talking about those stuffs." I honestly said.

 

"Don't be sorry. I'm thankful that you finally opened up on me."

 

"Of course. You're the girl I like and I trust you." I smiled at her.

 

"Hul. Sweet talking again." She pouted like a child.

 

"You know I'm not. Oh, wait. I nearly forgot something. I'll be back in a second, 'kay?" She nodded and I quickly went to my room and snatched a black square box. I went back on her immediately. "Uhm, here's for you."

 

"What's this, Rin?"

 

"See for yourself." I was anticipating her reaction when she slowly opened the lid. Her face lit up seeing what's inside. It was a white gold bracelet which is adorned with her name - Sandara Park. Simple and cutesy, but elegant in either way. I had it personalized in Japan. "Do you like it?"

 

"I love it! But isn't this too much?" She looked reluctant on accepting it.

 

"No. It's never too much when it's for you. Please, accept it okay? This is just for you." I said while I took the bracelet and put it in her wrist.

 

"Thank you, Rin."

 

"Don't mention it. It's still early, what do you wanna do?" I asked her while flipping channels in the TV. She squeaked when I stopped on SBS, My Love from another Star is airing.

 

"Do you mind if we watch this?" She tugged my hand. She looked like an excited teen, not a twenty eight year old woman. I chuckled at her girlish act.

 

"Sure, let's watch this." We cuddled together as we watched that night's episode.