Cheating?

Experimental Love

18:

 

< Dara's POV >

 

Days dragged on and I was relieved when Soo Hyuk didn't show up anymore.

 

Wonder what he is really up to?

 

Anyways, it's my birthday today! Chaerin said she had prepared something for me. Hmmm.

 

Ding!

 

I looked up when a new customer arrived, and jeez it's her brother.

 

"Dara, good morning." He greeted me politely.

 

"Good morning, Mr. Lee. The usual?'

 

"Yeah, thanks. And please, it’s Soo Hyuk for you."

 

Please?!

 

Something is definitely off with him. After his usual order was being served, I heard him cleared his throat.

 

"Uhm, Dara, can we talk?"

 

This is new. I regarded him quietly as I nod with assent. "Sure, what is it?"

 

"I, ah, am apologizing for the ruckus I've caused the past few days of my stay here in Seoul."

 

I was taken aback. Him? Apologizing?

 

"This is new to me, mind you. But I've decided to come clean. I hope you can forgive me and say let's be friends?"

 

"Errr... Don't be offended, but what has gotten to you?"

 

"Nothing, told you I just wanted to come clean. Sooner, I'm leaving Seoul and be back to Boston." He smiled sincerely.

 

I hadn't thought much because I can feel his sincerity, but still."I don't know Soo Hyuk, there's no real harm you've done. You were just a pestering arrogant a-hole." I grinned at him, completely relieved. "But you should fix your relationship with Chaerin."

 

He grinned boyishly embarrassed. "I intend to. Maybe, just maybe. Hey, it's your birthday! Would you like to have lunch with me?"

 

"How do you know it's my birthday?"

 

"It's posted on your green board." He motioned the board which was printed with greetings from my staffs.

 

"Heol!"

 

"So, come and dine with me? Oh you have nothing to be afraid of. I brought some documents here regarding my proposal, so you can consider it as a business endeavor."

 

"Hmm. Not bad. Okay, let's go." I relented and accepted his offer. It might not be as bad as I think.

 

We arrived at one of the posh resto in Seoul City and Soo Hyuk was exemplary with his gentlemanly manners. It was pure business that we tackled throughout the whole time. I was taken by his proposal of franchising my cafe into his hotel, which will be the largest and most lavish after completion.

 

"This is a very tempting offer, Mr. Lee. I'd have to consult my business partner as well as the legal department."

 

"It was nice doing business with you, Miss Park."He reached out his hand and I shook it warmly. I was caught off guard when he kissed the back of my hand.

 

"Aigoo, slick move Mr. Lee. If you'll excuse me, I'm just going to the restroom a bit." I stood up and silently padded my way to the ladies restroom, but my steps halted when I saw a couple kissing - making out - in the hallway. They were slightly concealed, but I can still recognize them. Two women. And the other one is devastatingly familiar to me. Lee Chaerin... And no doubt the other one was Kim Yoona.

 

"I love you, Chaerin..." I heard Yoona say.

 

A few moments of silence..

 

"You know I loved you, Yoona, but..." Chaerin answered but was slightly muffled. “…Dara…”

 

What is this ?

 

Had they been meeting these past few days, too? Damn. And she told me herself that Yoona & Soo Hyuk is married.

 

It felt like my heart was broken to thousand pieces. Gathering my wits, I calmed myself and went to back to our table.

 

"Mr. Lee, I have to leave. It was nice doing business to you."

 

"The pleasure is all mine, Miss Park. I'll drop you off in your cafe."

 

"Ah, no. I'll just take a cab." I insisted. I'm fighting back my tears and it wouldn't be a good idea if I bawl my eyes with him there. He must have heard the desperation and edge in my voice that he just let me be.

 

"If you say so."

 

"Thank you, I will be calling when the proposal will be finalized. Until then."Then I left him. I let my tears cascade the moment I hailed a cab.

 

. These awful tears would never stop. I went home and started texting Bom and Minzy.

 

"Hey guys, you up for partying tonight? Drinks on me! But just we okay! No boyfriends! It's a girl’s night out! Not Jiyong too, he's not a girl. Our usual place at 6PM okay."

 

I put my phone on the table beside and cried.

 

Just how hard it is to start a love story with someone using trial and error?