Trolls and Date?

Experimental Love

It's been a week since Chaerin and I last talked. She was untimedly sent by her boss in Japan regarding an emergency in their project there. We haven't really talked because it was a rush and she left the day after that night that she confessed. I keep on fidgeting on my food while trying to keep up with my friends. I am currently dining out with my friends - Bom, Minzy and Jiyong with Seunghyun and his buddies - Jinwoo, and Mino. Only Chaerin was absent.

 

"Toppy, where's Chaerin? Didn't she arrive today? I'm waiting for my gift from Japan." Bom's sudden question caught my attention. She arrived today? How come she didn't inform me? >…<

 

"Oh yeah, I saw her in her studio and invited to join us today but she was kinda in a rush." Seunghyun answered.

 

"I bumped into her and she said she have a date." Jinwoo butted in. He's a good looking guy and a musician at YGE. I coughed when I heard that. I mentally slapped my head for letting my hopes high for the past week. I should’ve known that she was just trolling around.

 

"She's dating? I thought she vowed to be celibate for the whole year." Bom absurdly reacted while sniggering.

 

"Well yeah. She ceased dating for 3 months. Now I remember that the last time we talked she excitedly informed me that she's gonna date soon. I wonder who. She never mentioned a name." Seunghyun said. I was silent the whole time until I noticed that all eyes were on me.

 

"What?" I asked them quizzically.

 

"You're Chae's neighbor and you have gotten close since. So, maybe you know the person?" Jiyong asked me.

 

"Apparently no. She didn't tell me. Why are you guys so curious about her love life?" I answered which is the truth.

 

"We just wanna know. We're her friends and she's a bit secretive." Mino said. Song Minho is an underground rapper and also an YGE artist. I was about to answer when the person in question arrived towing with her a charming guy with panda eyes.

 

"Hey guys!" She cheerfully greeted us and flashes her killer smile when our eyes met. I just nodded and pretended to be eating.

 

"Hi Chae! Glad that you caught up with us." Jinwoo said.

 

"Yeah. We were just talking about you." Mino added.

 

"Huh? What about me?" She asked, but she was nudged by his companion. "Oh, guys this is my cousin Lee Seungri. Seungrat meet Bommie, Minzy, Jiyong, Dara, Seunghyun, Jinwoo, and Mino."

 

"Wow. Chae, your cousin is equally charming like you. Where did you hide him?" Bom said which made the others chuckle.

 

"He's from Japan, Bommie. Yang sajangnim wants him to transfer in YGE." Chaerin answered.

 

"Hooh. So, we're going to see him more often. Oh, c'mon join us. Have you eaten yet?" Bom asked as Chaerin took the empty seat beside me. I just ignored her. While the others were busy bickering with each other’s. Seungri was squeezed in between Jiyong and Mino.

 

"Yes, we're done eating Bommie." She answered. I can feel her hot stare at me but I kept on pretending not to notice.

 

"So, how was your date Chae?" Mino asked.

 

"It was a total bummer. The girl was literally throwing herself into Chaerin in front of my own bare eyes." It was Seungri who answered which garnered cahoots from their table. Seungri has instantly felt at ease with their gang.

 

So, it's true. She really had a date. I was silent all along the dinner. I didn't even throw a glance at Chaerin who tried to start a conversation with me. After we ate, I quickly followed my friends into the car park because I didn't bring a car. But before I can enter Jiyong's car, Chaerin grabbed my arm.

 

"Where are you going to Dy?" She asked after letting go of my arm.

 

"I'm going home, obviously." I said a bit indifferently.

 

"Then why are you going inside Jiyong's car? May I remind you that we're neighbors here? You're going to stray Jiyong's way and his place is farther from us." She reasonably pointed out. Our friends were looking at us.

 

"Well, I don't wanna be bothersome for you in case you still have another date." I scoffed at her.

 

"Hul. Now, I know why you're acting like that." I heard her muttered under her breath.

 

"Dara, are you riding with me or not?" Jiyong yelled from his car.

 

"No, Ji. She's with me. But can you drop Seungri in his hotel? It's not too far from here." It was Chaerin who anwered. I have no choice but to enter her midnight black Lamborghini and slammed the door.

 

"Sure." After everyone was settled in their own vehicles, we left the place in different directions.

 

I have no intention of breaking the awkward silence between us. Deep inside, I'm thankful Chaerin never bugged me when I'm throwing a fit. She must have known me better. She patiently waited in silence while I calm the raging storm of emotions inside. Why am I acting like this? Is it because I found out that she just dated? Is this what they call jealousy? Ugh.

 

My reverie was cut short when I noticed that we weren't heading the way home.

 

"Rin, where are we going?"

 

"Since it’s still early, I'm wondering if we can chill at the mall and watch a movie together."

 

"Hul. Are you taking me out on a date?"

 

"Well, u-uhm, a date, yes."

 

"Aren't you tired yet? Didn't you already have a date earlier?" I gibed at her.

 

"About that Dy, lemme explain--"

 

"Don't worry Chae. You don't have to say anything. I understand." Even when I really don't. She suddenly stopped the car at the sidewalk.

 

"No, I'll explain Dy. I don't want you to think that I was just goofing or trolling around with you last week. Yes, I had a date today but I was with Seungri. That date has been set up by Yang sajangnim with one of our investors which happen to be his niece. It was appointed a month ago, so I had no choice but to show up. Please don't think negatively because I am surely not playing around with you." She explained earnestly while looking directly in my eyes. Her eyes have this capability of making you agree whatever she says. So, I just ended up of nodding.

 

She continued driving until we reached the mall. Upon entering, I was surprised when she intertwined her fingers with mine. I looked at her questioningly, but she only flashed her cheeky smile. I felt something flutters on my stomach. She didn't let go of my hand and I never tried to free mine from her gentle grasp. I don't know what or why, but it just feels so right. When we reached the cinemas, we had a small debate on what to watch. There are not much movies to choose from.

 

"How about Transcendence?" She inquired at me.

 

"Ah, your endless love for Johnny Depp, but I don't want sci-fi." I rolled my eyes at her. I already know that she's a big fan of Johnny Depp.

 

"Well, what do you want then?" She asked me.

 

I smiled childishly at her. "How about Frozen?" I was expecting that she'll decline or mock me, but she didn't. In fact, she just let out a wide grin.

 

"Are you sure?"

 

"Yeah, I watched it last year, but I want to watch it again."

 

"Okay. Wait here." She momentarily let go of my hand to buy our tickets. I stared at her while she joined the queue. I can't help but notice how other people - men and women alike - ogle at her. She really has this magnetic presence. After she bought our tickets, two large popcorns and sodas, she went back and held my hand again as we enter the theaters. She then let go of it when we were seated, she's at my right side.

 

We were bickering with each other when the movie started.

 

"Hey Rin, look that's where you belong. Hahaha." I pointed the trolls at her.

 

"Hul! I'm not a troll, but you look like one though." She goofingly countered back at me.

 

"I'm beautiful to be a troll."

 

"And I'm stunningly gorgeous to be one." She snickered.

 

"Yeah, right Ms. Confident."

 

After a while, we stopped our silly little banter and drowned ourselves in the movie. I was startled when I felt her grabbed my right hand which is holding my soda. I looked at her, but she was focused with the show. I felt myself blush when she drank from my drink. Thank goodness, it's dark and no one can see my tomato red cheeks. That's what they call indirect kissing right? Nyaaah. Gahd. What's going on with my mind? I tried to focus on the film, but I can't because from time to time she would unconsciously touch my hand when grabbing for my soda and popcorn since she already finished eating hers. We are now sharing my food. At one time, I was surprised when she aimed her hand and feed me with popcorn. Then, she sensually her fingers which are surrounded with cheese. Phew! Why am I being a byun? o_O

Ugh. Erase. I dismissed my silly thoughts as I tried to refocus my attention back at the movie. In no time, I was sniffing with the heartwarming scenes. Then the animated film finally ended.

 

"What a crybaby." Chaerin said while handing me her hanky.

 

"Ya! I saw you cry, too. Don't you deny it because your eye make-up is a bit smudged." I pointed at her.

 

"Aish. C'mon, let's head home." She gently held my hand again as we head back to her car. It was a fast ride to our place. She stopped in front of my gate.

 

"As much as I want to invite myself inside, I wouldn't because its late and we still have work tomorrow." She said.

 

"Uh-huh. You have to rest, too. And silly, we're just neighbors. You can barge in whenever you like. Now, go and have some sleep. Good night and thank you for the wonderful night, Chaerin." I braved myself and pecked on her cheeks before getting out of the car. She looked surprised with my bold act. She waved her hands at me and continues her way into her house. I entered my own house with a smile plastered in my lips.