Chaerin's Story

Experimental Love

...So uhm, this is actually a continuation of the previous chapter coz I cut it. Hurhur. More drama juseyooo. #dunnowhatshappening

 

 

They left the restaurant together and they silently head past and stopped in the Han River. They went out of the car and settled in a nearby bench, looking at the tranquil river.

 

Chaerin stood up, her back facing Dara. She has thought about this while on the way and she thinks it’s about time to tell Dara everything. She took a deep breath. "What do you want to know baby?" She slightly took a glance at Dara who was looking straight ahead.

 

"I wanna know everything, Rin. I don't wanna left alone in the dark. I wanna know about your family, your rift with your father and brother, and about Yoona." Dara said seriously.

 

Chaerin sighed, she have seen it coming.

 

"Okay Dy. I'm not really proud of what had happened, but I'm saying this to you because I want you to know that I trust you and you are special to me. And I want you to trust me too." She started. "Pop has only two sons, my father as the eldest and Seungri oppa's father. There are only three of us the grandchildren, me as the only girl, Seungri and Soo Hyuk. My mother on the other hand was an orphan. She wasn't as rich as dad's, she was a musician. She makes music when she was still alive. They met and just fell in love, but dad was very possessive and jealous because a lot of men ran after mom. Dad already has Soo Hyuk before he married mom yet she accepted him. Mom had a miscarriage before she had me. They were devastated because it was a baby boy. Things changed after that, my father got obsessed and paranoid because he said Mom was changing. Then she got pregnant with me. Dad said it wasn't his and disowned me even before I was born, but Mom continued to fight for me because she knows the truth. I grew up that way, being despised by my own father. I always defy him; I only do things opposite of his biddings. I want to make my own stand in life, make my own name without his influence. Then mom died, that's when I finally left home and Pop took me. He knew that I was his granddaughter. He never had a doubt about it until now that I am in this state in life. Soo Hyuk on the other hand grew up jealous with me, because of the sudden attention that I snatched away from him, I have mom and I am everyone's favorite except with my father. He has been bullying me ever since, trying to ruin my life. He was a great guy, to be honest, but his dreams crashed when he found out that Pop will lend me the clothing line and department stores business affiliations of LGC." She took a deep breath, still staring at Han River. She know it all too well, greed and jealousy can really ruin a person’s outlook in life no matter how genius he might be. "I don't really care about those businesses because I was still young then and I know I can support my lifestyle without those. He was still furious about it though so he still looked for something that can ruin me. That's when Yoona came into the picture." Chaerin cast a glance at Dara. It didn't escape her that she flinched upon hearing the name. "I was still in Boston then. I've known Yoona since I was young because I grew up with them - the Kims have close ties with our family. Yoona was three years older than me; she transferred to Boston to continue her dreams of being an aspiring model. We have gotten real close until the point of being us together." Thoughts of the past washed through her. Dara held her breath; she didn't dare say a word. She let Chaerin speak her thoughts. "We were happy, or I was so happy. It felt good to be finally loved dearly. I was so drawn into her, gave her anything that I could, and pampered her. Until that day, I was gonna surprise her, but I was the one who was astounded. As what I've told you already, I saw her on the same bed with my brother. It devastated me. I nearly killed myself. She was like the only person I really trusted everything. I didn't confront them. I shut her out entirely; I never talked to her after that. She got tired and transferred to New York. Soo Hyuk, he was so bloody proud of what he'd done. He said that he'll take everything that is dear to me. He succeeded nearly. But I still proved him wrong. I worked hard until I reached the top of the game. Successful and good at what I'm doing." Chaerin heaved out a sigh. "Four long years. I never saw the two of them. I tried so hard to not let my path cross with them. Until now."

 

She turned to look at her girlfriend who was silent the whole time. Chaerin went and crouch in front of Dara. She reached for her hand. Thankfully, she didn't take her hand back. "What happened in the restaurant a while ago was beyond my control, I was caught off guard. I know you were upset about it. And I'm sorry. I really am. I just don't wanna create a scene." Dara was still silent and it was making the younger girl anxious. She was afraid would change her perceptions about her. "D-dara" Her voice broke and she was on the verge of tearing up.

 

"Rin" She finally spoke. She reached Chaerin's cheeks and softly touched it. "Why are you crying?" She pulled her from her crouching position and let her sit beside her.

 

"I'm so anxious right now. What are you thinking?" Chaerin asked.

 

"I don't know. I'm having mixed thoughts. To be honest with you, I felt threatened." Dara admitted.

 

"Threatened?"

 

"Yes, because of the lack of things I knew about you and of Yoona too." She said in a low tone. She was feeling blue.

 

"Baby"

 

"I'm sorry, too. You understand me, right?" Dara turned to her girlfriend.

 

"Yes I do. Don't be sorry. It's all in the past. And Ill try to give closure to Yoona in what had happened between us before just to give you peace of mind." She hold on her hand tight and kissed her forehead. "We're still holding on, are we?" Chaerin asked.

 

"You're still holding my hand." Dara made a small joke.

 

Chaerin smiled. "Yoona and I have been together for two years and I kept a lot of things myself, but we can change that right?"

 

Dara gave a relieved smile. "Yes we can. There's still a lot of days going on ahead of us."

 

"Thank you baby, for having you in my life." Chaerin hugged her.

 

Dara hugged her back and patted her comfortingly. She felt Chaerin's fear and sincerity. She, too, was afraid, but it's still worth the try.

 

"Let's build this relationship with trust."

 

"Yes, let's. I love you, Dy." Chaerin confessed. Dara was very much overwhelmed with emotions. These three words are enough for her to let go of the negative vibe that has just happened.

 

"I love you, too." She murmured back.

 

"The drama has just begun; let's play the role of a protagonist well, shall we?"

 

"Uh-huh. We are the lead actresses." They smiled at each other as they look up to the starry night sky of Seoul.

 

A thought occurred at Dara, she nearly forgot to ask Chaerin about it. "Rinnie..."

 

"Hmmmm?"

 

"That last part. I mean, what does your grandfather means when he said he want you to be in Japan?"

 

Chaerin scratched her head. "Uhmmm. It's the year-end board meeting for LGC. Like all Lees are there."

 

"Oh. Are you going to attend?"

 

"I don't know. I have never attended it. Not even once." Chaerin answered. "You know I never have interests with this kind of things. And my father and brother's there, so I always pass." She admitted.

 

"I see." Dara smiled at her honesty. They went silent.  "Well it's kinda late. Let's head home?"

 

"Okay baby." Chaerin reached for her hand as they left.