Uncertainty

Experimental Love

20:

 

< Chaerin's POV >

 

After leaving the resto, I headed out to my car and texted Dara. She usually responds immediately, but this time nada. I ring her phone... once... twice... thrice. No answer.

 

I'm starting to worry now. Starting off my car, I decided to drop by in her cafe, but she wasn't there. Instead of opting for work, I went directly home. Ringing her doorbell, there's no sign of her there.

 

Baby, where are you?

 

I sighed and went to my own house.

 

To: DyDy <3

Baby, are you okay? Why aren't you answering your phone? I'm just gonna assume you're busy. Anyways, don't forget our date tonight, okay? :))

 

No reply.

 

Gawd, it’s frustrating.

 

But as I’ve promised, I started to prepare for my surprise dinner date to her.

 

Unleashing Chef Chaerin Lee! I rummaged through my kitchen and became a busy body. Tonight is gonna be special.

 

I just hope nothing’s wrong.

 

< Dara’s POV >

 

I stay still when I hear Chaerin knocked at my door. I thought for a moment that she knew I was home.

 

I’m not ready to face her.

 

My phone beeped notifying for a new message from her, but I didn’t read it. She must be worried.

 

Worried huh… She was just with Yoona a while ago.

 

I know it’s not safe to assume, but I’m afraid.

 

Ah, I’m going crazy. I need to get out of this house.

 

I wonder what she is doing inside. Oh, our date tonight. Screw it. -_-

 

I hurriedly dressed up and quietly left my house using the back gate.

 

Hailing a cab, I headed to the club me and my friends usually go to. I’m early, but I don’t care. I started with Margarita. One shot. Two shot. Three shot. Four shot. Five---

 

“Darong-yah, happy birth---! Omaigah. What’s with you?” Bom and Minzy arrived. And that’s what they greeted me.

 

“Bommi! Minzy! You made it guys. Drinks drinks!” I hugged them overenthusiastically.

 

They’re squinting their eyes on me. “Why are you suddenly up to ‘partying’ unnie? Didn’t you say you have a date with Chaerin unnie tonight?” Minzy asked.

 

“Why are you asking me that? Change of plans! Don’t you wanna celebrate my birthday with me?” I sulked while playing with my drink.

 

Unnoticed by me, they shared swift glances and soft murmurs.

 

“There’s something wrong with her.”

 

“Absolutely, and we have to find out what that is.”

 

“Okay, okay birthday girl. Cheer up! Waiter, drinks on this table please.” Bom joined in and they started drinking and being their usual self when together.

 

Drinks are flowing and Dara was unstoppable. Their trio had been so noisy. Bom and Mnzy were bantering when Dara became silent and just stared at her drink. She was already tipsy…

 

Suddenly her phone started ringing…

 

Baby Rin calling…

 

She didn’t bother picking it up.

 

She called again…

 

The stupid phone won’t stop ringing.

 

“Dara, aren’t you going to answer it?” Bom asked in concern.

 

“No. Let her be.” I answered without glancing up.

 

It started ringing again.

 

“Fine, I’m going to answer it.”

 

Before I could protest, she had my phone already.

 

“Hello Chaerin?... Yeah, it’s Bom… Dara is with me and Minzy… I can’t tell you where we are… Huk! It’s a girl’s night out… She’s fine… Don’t worry about us… We’re having fun. Bye.” Then she shut down the darn phone.

 

“Why are you crying? Care to tell us what the problem is?” She narrowed her eyes on me. I didn’t even know I’m crying.

 

“I’m fin----“

 

“That’s the most abused lie ever unnie. Spill it.” Minzy cajoles.

 

I stared at the two of them and abruptly wept. Ugh. The stupid tears won’t stop.

 

“Unnie, calm down.” Minzy hugged me comfortingly. In between hiccups I told them what my dilemma is. I told them how we started as lovers and our issues with Lee Soo Hyuk and Kim Yoona.

 

“It all started experimentally, but I fell. I fell hard.” I sobbed.

 

“Whoa. But when we see you together, you looked like a perfect pair. Did she say she loves you, too?” Bom asked.

 

“Hmm… Yeah, she told me that.” And I felt it too, but uncertainty and insecurity is eating me. “I saw her with Yoona today, and they were kissing. Ugh.” Tsss. I drained my tear tank already. Argh.

 

“Did you confront them unnie?”

 

“No, of course not. I left quietly. Maybe they didn’t even notice me.”

 

“Darong, you should’ve talked to them and not just assumed.” Bom is giving her a benefit of doubt. She actually liked Chaerin for her cousin.

 

I thought for a few seconds, unloading had been a relief. And even on my drunken state, I saw things clearly. “I dunno, Bom. Maybe I will. I’m sorry guys.”

 

They both sighed in release. “Do you love her?” Bom asked softly.

 

This, I can answer. “So much, Bommi.”

 

“Aww. Then trust it that everything’s gonna be alright.” She smiled tenderly.

 

“Thanks to you two.” I embraced them two.

 

“Are you going home now unnie?” Minzy inquired.

 

“Not yet! It’s my birthday! Let’s go party~!”