All Is Well

Experimental Love

22:

< Dara’s POV >

After clearing the dishes, I went to join Chaerin in the living room watching the morning news.

Morning news! She never watch it, I mean she rarely does. She seems agitated, well I am too.

“Chaerin...” I snapped her out from spacing out.

“Hi baby, how are you?”

“I’m fine. Thanks for the breakfast, as well as for tending me last night.” I said genuinely. Thanks to her I don’t have the dreaded hangover which was to suppose to be expected after the drinking stunt I pulled last night.

“Don’t drink so much next time, okay?” Her voice was firm. “What happened baby? Why weren’t you answering my calls and messages last night?” She asked me gently this time as I took the seat in front of her.

I took a deep breath. Here goes nothing.

“I... saw you with Yoona yesterday.” I stared at my hands, not looking at her.

“I figured that much already, why didn’t you join us?”

I looked up in surprise. She was staring calmly on me. “Join you? You were kissing her Chaerin!” My voice rose. There, she huffed slightly.

“You saw that?” She stood up and crouched in front of me. “I’m sorry, baby. And I’m not kissing her, it was just for goodbye.”

“Good bye? Is that for real?”

She nodded and took my hands. “Yep, it was for good bye. You should’ve talked to us you know. We met up with Soo Hyuk, he told me you had lunch with him.”

“I did, and it was purely about his business proposal. You really talked to him?” I was incredulous.

“Uh-huh. I even congratulated them; they’re coming out clean to start anew. Yoona is pregnant and they aren’t going to be divorced.”

So, all I had been were false assumptions.

“I’m sorry Rinnie, I assumed wrongly. I was so insecure.” I confided.

“Insecure?”

“Yes, because we started with experimental love, aren’t we? So I was really doubtful. I’m sorry. Insecurity ate me up.”

“Baby...”

“I was afraid because I fell hard over you. I didn’t expect that the feelings would be so intense.” I bowed my head, unable to meet her gaze.

She lifted my chin. “Look at me, Dara. Trial and error or not, I loved you. I love you. I always will. Did you not feel it? It was intense for me, too.” I can see the truth behind her soulful eyes. I pulled her and hugged her tightly.

“I love you, Chaerin.”

“And I love you to the moon, Dalong.” She smiled and drew me to her for the sweetest kiss we ever shared.

“Let’s go over my house, baby. I have my surprise to you!” I let her drag me over to her unable to contain her excitement.