Park Chanyeol

Another ShinJaeRella Story

A short one for today. I feel really sad today. Sorry about that. :(

 

 

**

 

 

“Yes, and 1, 2, 3, hop, tuuurn, and bend. Good job everyone!” The music stopped. Everyone let out a sigh of relief as we were done. Another week passed after I made Byun Baekhyun smile, and we’re almost finished with the routine.

 

 

 I was about to go get a bottle of water when someone handed me one. I looked up and saw Byun Baekhyun’s poker face. I was about to get it when my bestfriend got it instead.

 

 

“Thank you, Baekhyun-ah!” He drank it all immediately. Byun Baekhyun looked confused and annoyed at the same time.

 

 

But I wonder, though. When did they become close?

 

 

**

 

 

I got a stack of books to return after reading at the library. Byun Baekhyun approached me as I stood up.

 

 

“Let me help--“

 

“Ahh, these books are really heavy, Shin Jae-ya. I’ll bring them for you.” And before I landed a hand on them, Chanyeol already got all of them with those big hands and arms he got and returned them to the shelves. And just then I saw Byun Baekhyun raise an eyebrow.

 

 

**

 

 

It was lunch time and I stood up from my seat and got my wallet.

 

 

“Shin Jae-ya, I’ll treat you today for lunch. Let’s go.”

 

“Okay, okay. No need to be in the rush, Chanyeol-ah. I’ll just return my wallet.” I sat down and put my wallet back in my bag. I saw Byun Baekhyun’s hand near me as if he was about to tap me.

 

“Do you need something?” He realized what he was doing and he was startled.

 

“Oh, uhm, nothing. Go have lunch with him instead.” He walked out of the classroom. But before that, he shot Chanyeol a…glare?

 

 

**

 

 

“Hey, let’s go home together.” My seatmate whispered something.

 

“I’m sorry what?”

 

“I said, let’s go home together. What a deaf idiot.”

 

“Yah,” I warned him. He just smirked at me but surprisingly, the act didn’t annoy me.

 

“Chanyeol-ah, I’ll be going home with him today. Is that okay with you?” I asked. I don’t want him to ask me to go home together but I’ll just deny so I’m going to say it first before him.

 

“Oh, yeah, it’s okay. I’ll have to go somewhere today, bye.” Before I could wave him back, he already left. He seemed to be not in a good mood today. I can feel it even if he does the things he usually does. He’s not wearing the smile I’ve known for a long time. And I can sense that something’s wrong.

 

“Are you coming or what?” An annoyed voice startled me from my thoughts.

 

“Let’s go.”

 

 

**

 

Chanyeol’s POV

 

 

After buying some flowers with me, I walked my way to the cemetery. Why?

 

 

It’s my mother’s death anniversary.

 

 

“Hi, mom. I bought some flowers for you. Daffodils, your favorite. Dad told me about these.” I placed them over the grave. I sat down on the grass and started talking like normal.

 

“It’s been 18 years now, hasn’t it? How is it up there in heaven? Do you like it?” I looked up at the sky and smiled.

 

“Dad and I are doing fine as always, mom, in case you’ll ask. We’re eating three times a day, I get good grades, and dad does his best in working. But we miss you, of course.” I had the urge to cry but I controlled myself.

 

“But that’s okay. I know you’re watching over us all the time. We love you for that.” I smiled.

 

“Remember the girl I’ve always talked to you about? Lee Shin Jae?” I paused as if I was waiting for an answer, and then I continued. “Looks like I’m not the only one who likes her now.”

 

“There’s this guy named Byun Baekhyun. She was her seatmate as she transferred to our class. I think the teachers thought she’s smart enough to come to the special section now. She was always bullied by that guy, but she remained kind to him. I told you she’s kind-hearted before, right?” I chuckled. “But now he changed his attitude for a reason I don’t know, and I can’t bear the thought of losing her to another guy.”

 

“Don’t worry, mom. I’ll do my best. Dad raised me well, you know? And I know that you’re rooting for me. Guide me in my journey, okay? I love you, mom.” I stood up and walked away.

 

 

My mother has always been my outlets of my problems. Yes, I have my bestfriend Shin Jae but of course I can’t tell her that I like her, right? She’ll be shocked and I have a high chance of ruining our almost-lifetime friendship.

 

 

I was walking silently when suddenly, someone stood in front of me. I looked up and saw Byun Baekhyun.

 

 

“I knew it. You like her, don’t you?”

 

 

**

 

#RIPEunB #RIPRiSe #PrayForLadiesCode :(