Jongdae's Happily Ever After

Another ShinJaeRella Story

Tehee~

 

**

 

Yoon Jae’s POV [Shin Jae’s father]

 

 

Right now I’m here at the place where I first saw that kid, Jongdae. It’s not like it’s my first time to come here.

 

 

The truth is I’ve come here multiple times to find Jongdae’s parents.

 

 

Don’t get the wrong idea. It’s not like I don’t like taking care of Jongdae. I’m actually really fond of him. But at the end of the day, I’m not his real father.

 

 

And what bothers me the most is that I took care of him rather than my own daughter.

 

 

“I’m sorry sir but that’s 10 years ago. I don’t remember that kid.” I went on and on and asked people with Jongdae’s picture as a kid on my hand. I was starting to lose hope when an old man recognized the picture.

 

“Ah, Jongdae-ah? He used to be my grandson’s playmate. In fact his father was—“

 

“You know where his parents are?”

 

“Yes, yes. I believe they moved to Seoul after they got divorced.”

 

 

Divorce? Oh right. They were fighting the night I found Jongdae.

 

 

“Do you know perhaps where in Seoul they moved?”

 

“I’m not sure about that, lad. That’s all this lil’ ol’ brain knows.”

 

“It’s okay sir. Thank you for your help and sorry for disturbing you.”

 

“No it’s fine. You may go now.”

 

 

All this time, they’re in Seoul? That’s where we’ve been living since then. Why haven’t we met them? Even if they already divorced, they should at least care about their son, right?

 

 

Jongdae’s POV

 

 

“Then when she said yes, my head was on cloud nine and I even cried! Ah, I should really prepare and do well tomorrow!”

 

 

Can I zip Baekhyun’s mouth even for just a minute? Please?

 

 

He wouldn’t stop talking about what happened earlier between him and Shin Jae and he’s telling me how happy he was. Of course I’m happy for him…but I can’t deny the fact that I am jealous.

 

 

But as long as Shin Jae’s happy…well, it’s all that matters.

 

 

“Man, I totally forgot that Chanyeol was there! I bet he wanted to laugh at my crying face!”

 

“Hah. I bet you looked ugly—“

 

“Wait. Remember my story about how that stupid girl got me to eat that thing called ddeokbokki? The food stand’s not far from here. Let’s eat!” Without my opinion, he grabbed me by the wrist towards there. I guess a happy Baekhyun is better than a rebellious Baekhyun so I just let him do whatever he wanted.

 

 

As soon as we turned  around the corner, I saw the food stand from afar and smelled the delicious ddeokbokki. But this smell…why is it familiar?

 

 

“10 portions, sir!” The vendor’s cooking that’s why I can’t see his face.

 

 

But when he spoke, I recognized the voice immediately and I almost cried.

 

 

“Oh, hello. You’re here again—“ he saw me and my body froze. My eyes widened as the person’s face slowly processed through my mind.

 

“Jongdae?” He called me by my name. “Is that you, my son?”

 

I looked at him straight in the eyes. “I am not your son.”

 

“Jongdae—“

 

“Haven’t your realized that your responsibility as my father ended ten years ago?” Baekhyun noticed what was going on and slowly moved away from us until he’s gone. Nevertheless, my eyes are still on him.

 

“Son, I—“

 

“I was lost. Your son was lost.  Have you ever wondered what happened to me that day? Have you thought who was by my side when you weren’t?” I felt my tears coming. No. “What if I was kidnapped, and then my organs were sold somewhere? Whenever you are eating, had it crossed your mind if I have eaten yet or how’s my health at that moment? I was just a kid, dad. After all these years…” My voice cracked. “Did you even care?” I lowered my head as the tears continued streaming down my face.

 

“Jongdae.” His voice made me feel pitiful. Suddenly he came forward, and then he slowly wrapped his arms and then he slowly wrapped his arms around me and then he enclosed me in a big, warm hug.

 

 

Why do I feel relieved? I felt as if all my anger and doubts faded away. It was as if this hug is the solution to all my problems. It was as if the hug and warmth made up for all those 10 years, for all the time we lost.

 

 

Is this what hugging your dad feels like? Because I don’t want to let go anymore.

 

 

He rubbed my back soothingly as he spoke. “I’m sorry, my son. I know I have many failures to your as a parent. I’m so sorry, Jongdae.” My heart crushed at his words as I tightened my arms around him and cried more. “But now that we’re finally together, let’s have a father-son bonding.” I wanted to ask about mom, but I’ll reserve that for later.

 

And for the first time in a while, I smiled at him sincerely. “Sounds good, dad.”

 

 

**

 

 

Dad and I went to the mall and walked around. He bought me a new pair of basketball shoes, in-style clothes, and we even got new haircuts!

 

 

“Dad. Seriously? Shopping then salon? Are we gay or something?” I asked as we were eating.

 

“Nah. I’m not gay. Are you?” I glared at him. “Kidding. But admit it, you had fun picking new shoes and clothes. Who says shopping’s only for girls?” We high-fived and laughed. “And you obviously love your new haircut.” He winked at me. Wtf. He’s gay, I tell you. Just kidding.

 

“Fine, whatever you say, it’s your money anyway.” I touched my hair. “But this hairstyle should stay with me for about…forever.” We laughed again.

 

 

And then I noticed he’s just staring at me with those loving eyes.

 

 

“What? That’s creepy, dad. Stop it.”

 

“You look just like your mother.” I stopped. I didn’t see that coming.

 

“Dad.” I dropped my spoon and fork. “I think there are a lot of things that happened during those ten years that you should tell me, don’t you think?”

 

He kept silent as he closed his eyes. He must be gathering his thoughts. And then, “the day you were lost, your mother and I got into a very big fight. The truth is we were always fighting before because we’re just together due to a thing called arranged marriage.” He brushed his hair and let out a sigh.

 

“Then what about me? You’re saying that I was born out of lust?”

 

“Jongdae. I admit it seemed like it. But when you were born,” he paused. “I knew what love was.” He smiled at me. “When I first saw you, I thought my heart is going to explode. You were so precious. I wanted to take care of you so bad and watch you grow up and become a man like me.” He sighed again. “Looking at you now, I feel so proud.

 

“What about mom? What happened to her?” He looked at me with his eyes widened.

 

“I divorced with her.”

 

“Don’t you love her?”

 

“W-What are you—“

 

“Oh come on dad. You’re old enough to know,” I teased. “Did you think you can just live with her under one roof without developing any feelings for her? Not to mention you have a kid.”

 

“I don’t love—“

 

“I remember some events when I was little. When she came home late from work, you waited for her all night that you fell asleep on the couch.”

 

“That doesn’t mean—“

 

“And also, during Valentines’ Day, you bought her flowers and a brand new Gucci bag that you knew she wanted badly. I saw it, you were too shy to give them to her that’s why you just left them on the table.”

 

“Well that’s—“

 

“And here’s a great one. You once punched her officemate that you knew liked her. You threatened him to leave your ‘wife’ alone.” I shrugged. “If you still don’t love her after all those things, then I don’t know what kind of feeling is that.”

 

“Jongdae. Even if you say that, it’s useless. She’s well off now. She continued studying and is now a teacher. I—“

 

“How did you know? You still followed her, didn’t you?” He didn’t answer. “See what I mean?”

 

“You’re her student, aren’t you?”

 

“Nah. I’m not in the special section. That’s her advisory class. Rumor’s going around that she got a divorce and still loves her ex-husband.”

 

“What time does she go home?”

 

“Always 7:00 PM.” It’s 6:30 already.

 

He stood up. “Jongdae, we’re going to be a complete family again, I promise.” And then he ran towards the exit.

 

“It’s all I ever wanted, dad. Good luck,” I whispered to myself.

 

 

I was about to go home myself when a certain group of people caught my attention.

 

 

Is that Kim Taeyeon…with Shin Jae’s stepsisters?

 

 

**

 

So this is Jongdae's happily ever after...? Hahaha. He finally met his parents! Yehet for Jongdae~ 

 

 

And about the last scene, that would be the content of the next chapter. :) ;) Next update would be tomorrow :D

 

 

As alwasys, thank you everyone! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 *huuugs*