Ruined

Another ShinJaeRella Story

Shin Jae's POV

 

 

The clock struck twelve after the kiss.

 

 

I smiled sadly. Of course, everything has a time limit. Cinderella had her own end, too.

 

 

"I-I have to go now..."

 

He held my wrist. "Wait, why? Can't you just stay?" He looked at me with pleading eyes. If only I could...

 

"As much as I want to, but I was only allowed to go here because of a task. Sorry, Baekhyun..." I let go slowly and walked towards the hall. I was about to get inside when he held me back again. He's backhugging me now.

 

"You love me, right?" He asked. A little smile escaped my lips. 

 

"Of course..." I faced him and I held his cheeks. "...with all my heart."

 

 

I put emphasis to those words to reassure him. He gave me a quick peck on the lips, much to my surprise. I was taken aback, huh.

 

 

"Yah!" He disregarded my retort as he held my shoulders and spoke.

 

"Get inside now. Thank you for tonight, Shin Jae."

 

"Thank you, too. Happy birthday again, Baekhyun."

 

 

I went back inside. I met Yoon Mi ahjumma again. As I changed back to my normal clothes, she asked me a few questions.

 

 

"How was your night?"

 

"It's nice." I smiled as I remembered everything. The dance...the confession...the kiss. My first kiss.

 

 

Yes. Byun Baekhyun, the one I used to hate but now is my everything, took my first kiss. How ironic.

 

 

"Did everything go fine?"

 

"Nothing went wrong, ahjumma. This night is perfect." She hugged me, which made me jump a little.

 

"Thank you...thank you for making him happy tonight."

 

"It's not a big deal, anyway. I'm happy as well." I glanced at the clock. "My stepmother's probably looking for me. Thank you for everything." I hugged her tightly before going out. 

 

"Take care, dear."

 

 

"Where were you?" My stepmother asked angrily. As I was back to my working spot, she pulled me outside and started growling at me.

 

"I...I got lost inside..." She grabbed a fistful of my hair and slammed me. That hurts...

 

"Lost? You got lost? I thought you were smart!" She let out smirk. "Do you think I'm a fool? Huh?" She showed me a picture from Jung Ri's phone. "Did you have fun dancing, princess?" I lowered my head. What did I do wrong...

 

"M-Mom--"

 

"Don't 'mom' me! You're not even my child!" She slapped me. Hard. "Who gave you the right to throw yourself out there? Huh?" She slapped me harder. "Who gave you? Answer me!"

 

"N-No one--"

 

"Then what were you doing? Didn't you think about our reason to go here? Have you completely lost your mind?!"

 

"I-I didn't--"

 

"Shin Jae-ya!" I gasped. I looked at the direction where the voice came from. It's him. My best friend. He's here...to save me again. My tears flowed down my cheeks in relief. Oh God.

 

"You! Don't mind our business!" Chanyeol looked at my stepmother with those angry eyes. He looked so mad he wanted to kill her.

 

"This business is finished." He held me. "Let's go, Shin Jae-ya." Chanyeol pulled me up from the ground. He took me some place far away, and that's when I asked him about it.

 

"Chanyeol-ah..." He stopped his tracks. He let go of me and faced me. He quickly put his arms around me, enclosing me in a big hug.

 

"What happened?" He asked softly. I was speechless for a while...then I decided to talk.

 

"Nothing--"

 

"Shin Jae-ya..." He cupped my face, making me look in his eyes. His eyes are full of worry...and love. "Please...tell me what happened. Don't keep it to yourself. Please..." I started tearing up. I closed my eyes as I let my tears flow down. This is supposed to be happy night, but my stepmother ruined everything.

 

"Why was she slapping you? And why weren't you fighting back? Don't you know how to stand up for yourself?" He asked me worriedly.

 

"I really wanted to fight, Chanyeol-ah. I wanted to slap her as well, or even grab her hair and throw her to the floor. I wanted to pour out all my hate to her and to my sisters, but that would gain me nothing. I just have to let them hurt me, and crumble myself to bed every single night and be normal again the next day. And all I want is to go away..." I sobbed. I can't take it anymore. It's the first time I talked to him about my family situation, and I was staying strong until now.

 

He rubbed my back to soothe me. Thank God. "It's okay, Shin Jae-ya. It's okay..."

 

 

***

 

 

“Get out! Get out!” My stepmother yelled as she was throwing my things outside. Chanyeol took me home since it got late and our car is not in the parking lot anymore, and this is what happened.

 

“Don’t come back again! Ever!” She said as she threw the last piece of clothing. I was stunned by the sudden throwing-out-of-my-things-and-telling-me-not-to-come-back-again thing. Chanyeol started to pick up my stuff.

 

“Shin Jae-ya, let’s pick up your things.” I didn’t say anything. I stood still in my position, watching the house my father bought.

 

“Shin Jae-ya…” He suddenly wiped my cheeks. Oh God, I didn’t know I was crying until he did that. I continued to sob. I sat down on the floor and cried miserably. Chanyeol picked up all my things and fit them all in one bag that was thrown. He motioned me to stand, and he put an arm around me.

 

“Would you like to stay with us?” Chanyeol asked as we were walking. “You’re always welcome to our home.” I didn’t answer his question. We continued walking until we reached his house. His father welcomed us. He saw me, but he didn’t say anything.”

 

“Go inside the farthest room on the left, Shin Jae-ya.” I didn’t know why, but I started walking upstairs. It’s not like it’s my first time here, so it’s okay. Chanyeol talked to his father, maybe explaining my situation.

 

 

As I lay myself in the bed, my phone buzzed.

 

From: The Monster

Look outside your window~

 

 

I smiled weakly. Now’s not the right time for this. Sorry, Baekhyun.

 

 

I didn’t reply to his message. Chanyeol entered the room with a bowl in his hands.

 

 

“Jajjangmyeon?” He asked with a smile. Right, his father’s jajjangmyeon is the best.

 

 

I finished the bowl quickly. It gave me a little comfort and I was hungry as well.

 

 

“My father said it’s okay for you to stay, and you don’t have to pay anything.” How can he be so kind?

 

“Chanyeol…” He was startled by my voice.

 

“Chanyeol…I know now…”

 

“Know what?”

 

“I know who saved me that night…” He was stunned. He stiffened in his seat.

 

“And…And…I was with him…

 

“Baekhyun?” I nodded.

 

“What were you doing with him?” I can’t help the smile that made its way to my lips.

 

“We were dancing…and…” I laughed softly. “We’re dating now, Chanyeol-ah. It’s all that matters.”

 

“Oh…” He looked away. “It’s getting late now, Shin Jae-ya. You should sleep.” He didn’t wait for my answer anymore. He stood up and made his way to the door.

 

“Good night, Chanyeol-ah.” But he closed the door before me.

 

 

That’s when I knew. I hurt him again.

 

 

Chanyeol’s POV

 

 

Of course they’ll be dating. He likes her. She likes him. Perfect, just perfect.

 

 

I slumped myself to my bed. I thought I was over this thing I have for her, but I was wrong. Definitely wrong.

 

 

But now she’s happy. As her bestfriend who cares for her a lot, I should be happy, right?

 

 

But I can’t. I just can’t.

 

 

I felt my eyes swelling up some heat. Tears, stupid tears.

 

 

This night is ruined.

 

 

**

 

Sorry for the long wait! I'm here now! :) 

 

Things got busy so I haven't had the time to update. But now I managed to type one. Luckily. I MISSED YOU ALL! TT^TT School's stressing me out I just wanna cry,

 

How was it? Was it bad? Or good enough? So-so? Comment on anything ^^

 

If I'll be lucky enough, I'll have the time to update later as well. ^^~ 

 

Thank you and I love you all :)