Wounded

Another ShinJaeRella Story

I was speechless. W-What did he say?

 

 

“I…Byun Baek--“

 

 

And suddenly he collapsed on the floor.

 

“Seriously now,” I muttered under my breath.

 

 

I lifted him to his bed. He wasn’t too heavy, he wasn’t that light either. I almost tripped but I made it.

 

 

I stared at him for a while. What was wrong with him? He was acting all tough but deep inside, he was so hurt.

 

 

“You should’ve just told me,” I whispered.

 

 

He should’ve just told me that he was not feeling well, that he was not in a good mood, and that something bad happened. That way I won’t leave him alone with the pain he was facing.

 

 

I looked at the time and it was almost 11. I decided that it’s time for me to go home.

 

 

“Goodnight, Byun Baekhyun.”

 

 

And I went out of the door.

 

 

**

 

 

“Shin Jae-ya! It’s already 6:30 AM! Wake up!”

 

 

I woke up with groggy eyes and my voice was hoarse. “What…” And I suddenly realized that I should be preparing their breakfast 30 minutes ago!

 

 

“S-Sorry!” I immediately rushed downstairs. I almost tripped in the stairs to the attic and I haven’t combed my hair or washed my face but who cares, I’m doomed.

 

 

As soon as they saw me, they immediately shouted their complaints.

 

 

“What the hell is wrong with you?! Didn’t you take note of the time?!”

 

“Oh God I am so hungry! Cook something now!”

 

“Hurry up! We’ll be late!”

 

“Didn’t you actually know that our school’s official time is 7 in the morning?!”

 

“I want to kick you right now!”

 

“Shin Jae-ya! You haven’t done my laundry yet! Such an irresponsible kid you are!”

 

 

I immediately cooked instant ramen for the twins and put my stepmother’s laundry in the washing machine. As soon as they were done eating, they left the house and my stepmother did her business as usual.

 

 

I rushed to the school with my hair dripping wet because I haven’t had the chance to dry it properly after getting a bath. I combed my hair on the way, and I had a toast of bread in my mouth. I ran as fast as I could, as if my life depended on my speed.

 

 

I reached the school at exactly the time the bell rang. I huffed and huffed, because I need more oxygen after that intense running as if I was in a marathon. The other students were looking at me, and I heard whispers once again.

 

 

“Tsk, poor people nowadays.”

 

“She’s just so weird, don’t you think?”

 

“She doesn’t have a car, anyway. What do you expect?”

 

“That look on her face makes me want to send her to the dump.”

 

“Right. But oh wait, that’s where she lives, right?” And  I heard chuckles after that.

 

 

Why are people so judgmental, anyways? I’m used to it but hell, why can’t they just stay quiet and shut their mouths up? Didn’t they know that I’m hurting because of the words they say?

 

 

I walked my way to our room and I saw Miss Yoon taking the same path as I am.

 

 

“Miss Yoon!” I called. She immediately looked at me and a worried look was plastered on her face.

 

“Shin Jae-ssi! Are you okay? Look at you, you look dirty.” She wiped her handkerchief on my face as my sweat trickled down. I stared at her as she wiped not only my sweat, but all my worries away.

 

“There. You look like a normal student now.” She smiled at me.

 

 

She’s so kind. She wasn’t judgmental. She didn’t see me as the poor student who got herself a scholarship and thinks that she belongs to the world of the elite. She saw me as myself. She saw me as a person. She saw me for who I am. She saw me as Lee Shin Jae.

 

 

“We’ll be late for class. Come on.” She grabbed me by the wrist and I just let her do it. She gave me her handkerchief. I looked at her with a questioning look.

 

“You can have that now.” She smiled.

 

“Thank you, Miss Yoon.” I spoke my heart out.

 

“Anytime, dear. Anytime.”

 

 

**

 

 

“Why is Baekhyun oppa not attending school today? I’m so worried.”

 

“Maybe because he got depressed after Kim Taeyeon left Korea.”

 

“Right. It was so sudden and I think he was so shocked about the news.”

 

“Still in love, aren’t they?”

 

“I guess so.”

 

 

I overheard a conversation of two of my classmates and I was shocked as well. His ex-girlfriend left the country? For what?

 

 

I glanced at the empty seat beside me. After I kind of took care of him yesterday, I can’t help but feel curious about him. How could he possibly feel right now? Did he get any better after I made him that soup?

 

 

The bell rang before I knew it would. My thoughts were disturbed by the loud sound, and Chanyeol approached me.

 

 

“Shin Jae-ya, my father made a special jajjangmyeon that I know will suit your taste. Want to give it a try?” He showed me his lunch box as if to prove that he brought that. He looked so happy that I can’t say no.

 

“Let’s give it a taste, then.” I was about to eat it when he stopped me from doing so.

 

“Let’s eat somewhere nice since this is a special dish.” He winked at me. I found it cute and I laughed. Really, Chanyeol never failed to make me love him less.

 

 

**

 

 

We went to our special place: the hill across the school. It’s still around 9 in the morning, and skies were cloudy and the wind was sending us the breeze not too hot but not too cold either. What a perfect setting for a couple going on dates.

 

 

In your dreams, Lee Shin Jae. In your stupid dreams.

 

 

“I’m excited, ChanYoda! It smells so good!” I picked up a pair of chopsticks and he did the same.

 

“Me too. Tell me what you think, okay?”

 

 

We started eating, and I felt as if I am the happiest girl alive. The jajjangmyeon wasn’t too spicy, it actually tastes so different but it’s quite good for your taste buds. I emptied my bowl in a span of 2 minutes, and Chanyeol just looked at me with a smile on his face.

 

 

“Is the food really that good or you were just hungry?” He asked.

 

“Consider them both.” He pouted. What a cute boyf--I mean bestfriend.

 

“Yah! Seriously, tell me what you think.”

 

“It’s so good, ChanYoda. I actually want more, but of course I’m shy to ask your father to cook again.”

 

“He can cook every day, you know. I’ll tell him that you loved it.” He patted my head as he flashed his white teeth with that big smile of his. I returned the smile because I felt happy because of his act.

 

“Break’s almost over, let’s go.”

 

 

**

 

 

The subjects were finished as fast as the speed of light. Before I knew it, it was dismissal time.

 

 

“Shin Jae-ya, let’s go home together.” Chanyeol approached me as usual.

 

“Of course.”

 

“But wait, Miss Yoon is calling me for something. I’m sure it’ll be just short. I’m sorry but can you wait for me?” He flashed me those puppy eyes again. How could I say no?

 

“Okay. I don’t mind waiting for you. I’ll be waiting at the gate, okay?” I smiled to assure him. He nodded as his expression immediately changed and ran outside like a happy puppy. Seriously, how old is he to act like that?

 

 

I walked my way towards the gate. As I walked down the hallway, the students were getting out of my way as if I had a contagious disease. I frowned and lowered my head, my hair sliding down and covering my face.

 

 

I was almost at my destination when someone tripped me.

 

 

“You . How can you just flirt with Chanyeol oppa like that?” A group of girls surrounded me. I didn’t tear my gaze away from the ground as another one spoke.

 

“Did you make him drink something for him to actually go home with you every day?”

 

“Maybe you want to go to bed with him, that’s why you are always together.”

 

“Or maybe you want to be part of their family and dig their riches. Oh gosh, as expected of a poor girl.”

 

“You look like trash right now, you know? Who do you even think you are?”

 

 

And that’s when I stood and looked up.

 

 

“I maybe a poor girl, or I may look like trash. But I’m not someone who trips an innocent person over just because I’m jealous. Maybe because I have brains and I think wisely, and my brain tells me that you girls don’t have one.” I glared at them as I spat out every single word. What did I even do to them?

 

 

The one who I suppose is the leader stepped forward and slapped me in the face. “Don’t talk to us like that. You’re only poor and your level is deep down low so stay there.”

 

 

The others started picking on me as well. They kicked me, pushed me to the ground, hit me with their books, and a lot more. My mind went blank. I cried because of the pain I’m getting. I tried to fight back but it’s no use. They were too many.

 

 

I scanned the people around. All of them were just looking. Some even took their phones out and maybe took pictures and videos of me and later, they will upload it online.

 

 

My eyes cried out for help. And just then, I saw Byun Baekhyun among the crowd. He was wearing casual clothes, maybe because he only got something here and he didn't actually attend classes earlier. I looked at him with pleading eyes, but he just stood still.

 

 

And he was just looking at me.

 

 

I stared at him, hoping he’ll help me and tell the girls to stop hitting me.

 

 

But no, he just stood there. And eventually, he turned his back and left.

 

 

My eyes let out the tears I’ve been meaning to cry out. The tears I was hiding every time I hear those criticisms. The tears that couldn’t come out when I face my stepmother and my stepsisters and tell me how I was supposed to serve them as if I wasn’t a part of the family. The tears that are supposed to be flowing down but I try to hold it all in.

 

 

They all just came out because I can’t take it anymore.

 

 

“STOP! STOP IT! WHAT ARE YOU ALL DOING?!” I heard someone shout, and I’ve never been so thankful.

 

“C-Chanyeol oppa…” they were all stunned by Chanyeol’s sudden appearance. The people around me all walked their ways to go away, and so did the girls who bullied me.

 

“Those people…aish,” he muttered. He looked at me and his eyes widened. “Shin Jae-ya! , what happened to you?” He lifted me because I wasn’t saying anything and my consciousness is barely continuing. We went to the parking lot and his driver helped him to bring me inside the car. He got my phone and I saw him texting my stepmom that I have to go somewhere for school so I’ll be home late.

 

 

Why is he so kind? It makes me want to love him more.

 

 

But I hope he can heal me because I have a wounded heart.

 

 

**

 

 

Hello! Sorry it took a little long for an update. School got me like "wtf, we're not even in college yet but we're working hard as if we are". I'm still in high school but I was so stressed. But today, I managed to get a good nap because we have nothing to do (finally!) and I got home a little earlier than I usually do. And, an update was made! :)

 

 

So how was it? Omona, Baekkie is so mean, right? As I was writing I feel like punching him for that stupid act. After all Shin Jae has done for him!!! Okay, enough said. Lol. And btw, I ship ShinYeol :( hahaha.

 

 

Any feedbacks? Upvote, subscribe, and comment if you like! For the silent readers, I won't bite, so don't be afraid to speak yourselves up! But if you really don't want it's okay, it's love. Lol kidding. 

 

And of course! Thank you for everyone supporting. I always read the comments and reply to each and every one of them, even in my other story (Exo Beats, it's already finished with 19 chapters, if you want you can read it ^^). So yeah. I love you all people! *huuugs virtually* <3