Got To Believe

Another ShinJaeRella Story

T____T

 

I'm not good at drama but here it goes.....

 

 

**

 

SNSD - FOREVER [PLAY FOR BG MUSIC]

 

 

Baekhyun’s POV

 

 

“Hang in there Shin Jae, okay?” Shin Jae’s bloody body was put on an emergency bed and is currently being run towards the ER.

 

She tried to speak as I ran with her. “B-Baekhyun…” I felt my tears coming as I see her like this. It breaks my heart.

 

“Hold on Shin Jae, okay? Please don’t die. I’m begging you, please.”

 

“B-Baekhyun…” I was surprised when she reached her hand out to my cheek. “I-I love you…”

 

“I love you too. I really do. Now don’t close your eyes. Look at me.” I leaned my face. “I’m here, alright? We’re going to be together again after this. We’ll be happy again, I promise. We’ll make up for all the time we missed. So don’t let go, okay? Promise me you’ll be alive.” I held her hand. “Promise me and I’ll believe in you.” I saw her struggling to say something. It hurts to see her like this.

 

She smiled. “I…won’t leave you. I promise…”

 

“Sorry sir but you’re only allowed up to this point.” She was rushed inside the ER.

 

“Do everything you can to save her, please. I’m begging you. Bring her back alive.”

 

“We’ll do everything sir.” Then the nurse entered the ER as well.

 

 

I felt my knees become wobbly. I immediately sat on one of the chairs outside. I called Shin Jae’s dad, Chanyeol, and Jongdae. They came a few minutes later. My parents were worried so I told them where I am. They also arrived. They all asked me questions, but only one statement came out of my mouth.

 

 

“It was a hit-and-run, and I couldn’t do anything back there.”

 

 

I never felt so useless in my life.

 

 

I looked at my hands. They’re full of Shin Jae’s blood. My breath became shaky.

 

 

And then the tears that I had been holding back finally fell.

 

 

Shin Jae’s dad tapped my back. “My daughter is strong. She’ll get through this. Let’s just all believe in her.”

 

My mom approached me and wiped the blood off of my hands. “I really loved that kid…” then she also had a breakdown. I wiped the blood off myself.

 

My dad tried to comfort my mom as he spoke to me. “Son, you haven’t eaten anything, have you? Here.” He handed me a sandwich and a bottle of water.

 

“Sorry dad but I don’t think I can eat right now.”

 

“Sir, if I may.” Jongdae got the food and handed them to me. “Baekhyun, Shin Jae wouldn’t want you to starve. Eat this.”

 

I managed to crack a smile. “Sorry, I just…” I sighed.

 

“We’re all nervous, Baekhyun. Eat that. If you don’t, I’ll tell her as soon as she wakes up. She’ll get mad for sure.” Chanyeol’s statement made me eat the food.

 

“Okay…”

 

 

**

 

 

Five hours. We’ve been waiting for five hours but she’s still inside. Chanyeol and Jongdae had been pacing back and forth, probably as nervous as I am. My parents and Shin Jae’s dad are talking, probably trying to release the stress from the situation.

 

 

I sighed. I closed my eyes and prayed.

 

 

God, please, not now. Don’t take her away from me. Please save her. Why does it have to be her? Why is it always her that undergoes a lot of pain? She doesn’t deserve this. Why can’t it be me instead? It’s my entire fault, anyway. Please, this is my only wish. Save her.

 

 

I opened my eyes and saw a certain figure at the end of the hallway is running towards us. Jung Hae?

 

 

“You!” Chanyeol was about to punch her when Shin Jae’s dad held him back. But he didn’t stop talking. “Look at what you’ve done! What?! Are you happy now?! Are you happy now that your stepsister is inside there, fighting for her life?! Have you no heart?!”

 

“Chanyeol.” Shin Jae’s dad’s stern voice made him come back to his senses. “Jung Hae, dear. Why are you here?”

 

 

And then Jung Hae cried.

 

 

“Dad…I…I’m sorry. I tried to stop Taeyeon but…I—“ Shin Jae’s dad hugged her.

 

“Shh. Calm yourself. Tell us what happened.” After a few minutes, Jung Hae told us the whole story.

 

“Taeyeon asked me to hit Shin Jae with a car. I admit, at first I wanted to hurt her, but not like this…” she paused. “I tried to stop the car, but it seemed like she knew I would, so she trampled the brake. And then she pointed a gun at me. I was so scared.” I held my breath. Taeyeon…what happened to you? “We were near to hitting her, so I tried to drive away, but she held the steering wheel and…” she burst into tears again. “I’m sorry…”

 

 

We were quiet again after that. It’s almost midnight. Shin Jae…

 

 

Then the doctor went out of the ER.

 

 

“Who among you are the patient’s parents?”

 

“I’m her father. How’s her condition?”

 

The doctor removed his surgical gloves as he spoke. “I’ll be honest with you. The patient is in a critical state. She lost a huge amount of blood and has earned a lot of injuries.”

 

Chanyeol interrupted the doctor. “What are you saying?”

 

“She’s got a limited time left to live. Once we pull out the machine, I’m sorry but it’s over.”

 

 

My world crashed.

 

 

“No…” They all looked at me as I clenched my fists. “You can’t say that. She promised me. Shin Jae promised me that she won’t leave me. Don’t say that! Who are you to say when her life is going to end? Do you need money? I’ll pay you as much as you want! She lost a lot of blood?” I put out my arm and shoved it towards him. “Here! Get my blood! Get all my blood if you want! Take my life and connect it to hers if it’s still not enough! Don’t ever say that it’s over because it’s not! I’ll do everything! Just please…” I ran towards the doctor and held his collar. “I’m begging you. Please…she can’t die. Don’t take her away from me, please…”

 

“Baekhyun…” Jongdae and Chanyeol pulled me away from the doctor. I felt my mother’s arms around me and I heard her crying and I realized that I was crying as well.

 

“She can’t die. We’ll still talk, fix things, I still have a necklace and a bouquet of flowers to give to her, we have a lot of memories to make, and we’ll be together again. This can’t happen. You can’t just take her away like this…”

 

It was quiet for a while. All I can hear is the sobbing and the heavy breaths. The doctor finally broke the silence. “You can go see her now.”

 

 

I was the last one to enter the room.

 

 

Shin Jae’s father held her hand. “Shin Jae…” It’s the first time I saw Shin Jae’s father cry. Then all of them were crying too.

 

 

I glanced at Shin Jae. There are a lot of tubes connected to her body and a lot of wounds can be seen. She looks so lifeless. That machine…that is unplugged from her body…

 

 

I can’t take it anymore. I ran away from that room. I heard them calling me but I didn’t care. It’s too hard for me to look at her like that right now. I reached the rooftop of the hospital and shouted all my anger.

 

 

“DON’T TAKE HER AWAY FROM ME! I’LL DIE IF YOU LET HER DIE!”

 

 

I don’t care if someone heard me or what. All I know is that I feel a very heavy pang on my chest that I feel that my body will break.

 

 

Why does this have to happen now? Right when we’re about to get back together? Is it a sign that we should never be together in the first place? Can’t it just be me that’s in her position right now?

 

 

No. Don’t think like that, Baekhyun.

 

 

God, please. I can’t bear the thought of living without her. I’ll do everything just to see her again. Her smile, her face, her happiness, her laugh, everything. I’ll do anything…just to see those again.

 

 

“Baekhyun.”

 

I turned around. “Jung Hae?” She walked towards me until she’s beside me.

 

“She’s not yet dead, right?”

 

“H-Huh?”

 

“I saw how much you wanted her to live, Baekhyun. But remember what the doctor said? She’ll only be dead if the life support is taken away from her body.” I saw how she tried to smile at me, but I can’t…

 

“What’s the difference? No matter what the doctor says, the time will come and they’ll remove that stupid machine from her body. Can’t you see that?” I tried not to but my voice just speaks out my anger.

 

“I know. Death is really painful especially if the person is someone who took a big part of your heart. I know how you feel because I experienced that during my dad’s death.” She smiled at me. “But Baekhyun…do you believe in miracles?”

 

“Wh-What are you trying to say—“

 

“Miracles are true as long as you believe in them. It seems like you’re already giving up. Did you see Shin Jae? She’s fighting for her life just to see you again.  I can feel it.”

 

 

“I…won’t leave you. I promise…”

 

 

Shin Jae.

 

 

She promised me. She promised me!

 

 

“Here.” Jung Hae handed me a handkerchief. “Looks like you need it more than I do.”

 

“Thank you, Jung Hae.” I hugged her. I wiped my tears with the handkerchief and ran towards the ER.

 

 

I saw her father filling up some forms. If that was what I think it was…

 

 

“Wait!” They all looked at me. “Don’t remove it yet!”

 

“Baekhyun—“ They were all shocked when I kneeled in front of me.

 

“Please. Even if for just a few days, or a few hours. Shin Jae promised me that she won’t leave us! She’s fighting for her life right now so she can see us again. So please…”

 

Shin Jae’s father smiled at me. “I understand.” Then they all left the ER so Shin Jae and I are alone.

 

 

**

 

 

“I love you, my princess. Don’t leave me, alright?”

 

 

I kept repeating that line for the past few hours. I didn’t realize that a day has passed and after an hour, it’s midnight again. I know that they’ve given me a chance but the doctor said only until midnight.

 

 

Still, I’m holding on to that promise.

 

 

“I…won’t leave you. I promise…”

 

 

“You promised that you won’t leave me, right? I’ll wait for you.” I held Shin Jae’s hand and I leaned my forehead on it.

 

 

“It’s almost midnight, my princess. We have a lot of memories on that.” Suddenly I remembered the song that has a very special memory to both of us. “You remember, right? I’ll sing for you so you would.” I smiled.

 

JURIS - GOT TO BELIEVE [PLAY FOR BG MUSIC]

 

“Take me to your heart…show me where to start…let me play the part of your first love…”

 

 

“Hello. I’m Lee Shin Jae. Please be nice to me.”

 

“The only vacant seat is beside Mr. Byun—“

 

“Omona, Baekhyun oppa doesn’t want anyone to sit beside him, right?”

 

“Looks like she has to transfer to some other class, then.”

 

“Actually, I don’t mind. You can sit here if you want.”

 

 

“All the stars are bright…every wish is ours tonight…my love…” I can feel a lump in my throat but nevertheless, I sang for her.

 

 

“What are you doing here? Go away.”

 

 “I brought you hangover soup.”

 

“Maybe you put poison in it so I could die just then.”

 

“I didn’t. Have a taste. It’ll make you feel better.”

 

“I’m eating this just because I’m hungry. Don’t even think that I appreciate this.”

 

“Don’t drink like that again if you’re not much of a drinker. You can get into serious trouble.”

 

“Shut up. I don’t need advice from you. You’re just an ordinary girl that doesn’t understand the life of elite people like me. You don’t have the right to talk to me as if we’re friends.”

 

“You are not in a good state since this morning. Then I saw you go like that.  I’m just thinking if you have a problem—“

 

“I can go to you? Hah. In your dreams, you poor girl. Why would I even run to you? Do you think we’re that close for me to open up my heart to you? Shut it, because you won’t go anywhere.”

 

“Fine, have it your way.”

 

“Don’t go. Please…”

 

“Don’t leave me like she did…”

 

“Pity those who wait…trusting love to fate…finding out too late that they’ve lost it…”

 

“Say, can I ask you something?”

 

“What now?”

 

“Are you always like that?”

 

“Like what?”

 

“Grumpy, not in the mood, frowning. I haven’t seen you laugh or even crack a smile.”

 

“That doesn’t concern you so stop asking.”

 

“It wouldn’t hurt if you at least share to me, you know. Maybe you’ll get that burden off your chest.”

 

“I just don’t feel like it. I don’t have a reason to smile anymore.”

 

“Never letting go…we will never know the ways of love…”

 

“Hey. What was that about?”

 

“Shut up.”

 

“Hey, I’m just curious. Nothing will change if you say things like that, you know.”

 

“Ugh. I visit the orphanage that she manages if I have time and do voluntary works and such. I like kids, really.”

 

“I saw that! You smiled!”

 

“Why did I even bother telling you? Aish.”

 

“You should smile more. A smile looks good on you,”

 

“Shut up.”

 

“Got to believe in magic…tell me how two people find each other in a world that’s full of strangers…”

 

“What’s taking you so long to walk? Don’t be ashamed just because you’re wearing that.”

 

“How could I not be ashamed? Everyone is practically looking at us, and I don’t like that much of attention.”

 

“You look really beautiful right now, so don’t be shy, okay?”

 

“You’ve got to believe in magic…something stronger than the moon above…”

 

“Shin Jae. Shin Jae! Wake up!”

 

“It hurts...”

 

“I fell...and my body hurts...”

 

“B-Baekhyun?”

 

“Ch-Chanyeol?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Chanyeol...of course...it is you who’ll be saving me.”

 

“Baekhyun...I’m sure he won’t be even worried about me at a time like this...maybe he’s sleeping soundly now...”

 

“I’m sorry...I’m sorry...but I know what I truly feel now.”

 

“And I’m asking for your help...please...take these feelings away from me...make me stronger...help me get over it...because...no matter what I do...”

 

“I can’t stop loving Byun Baekhyun.”

 

“’Cause it’s magic when two people fall in love…”

 

“People say that stars make wishes come true. Just say it, and they’ll grant it for you.”

 

“I believe that stars are up there because they serve a very simple but meaningful purpose. They stay up to give us light and to guide us along the dark night. And whenever we feel sad or terrible or our thoughts ramble, all it takes is one tilt of the head and there, you can see them twinkle beautifully that takes all your worry away. Stars are nice, don’t you think?”

 

“Shin Jae, you’re my star.”

 

“I may never know…why I need you so…”

 

“I like you too, Shin Jae. And I can’t hold back anymore.”

 

“I don’t know when it started, or how I even got from hate to like. I’ve hated the fact that you existed, but now…God knows how much I’m thankful to have known you.”

 

“We’ll be together. We’ll be in a relationship, and one day, we’ll get married. We’ll have kids of our own, and we’ll raise them together. We’ll grow old and they’ll grow old as well, but what matters is that we’re together.”

 

“All I need to know is this feeling…”

 

“Everyone, listen.”

 

“To those who’ll try to hurt this girl in any way, I’ll make sure that your face will never be seen again in this school. Do you all understand?”

 

“And in case you’ll ask, this girl is already my girlfriend.”

 

 

“Handle it with care…we were born to share this dream, my love…”

 

“You know, Shin Jae. I’ve been thinking...How did you even like me? I was so mean to you.”

 

“Does that matter?”

 

“Just answer it.” I smiled for a while and decided to grant him his request.

 

“Well...I don’t really know how...or why I fell in love with you. If I were to think about it, I think it started when I saw your soft side. That time when you first ate ddeokbokki. It came to me like, ‘he’s not that bad after all. Maybe I should give him a chance’. And then things happened. And now here we are.” 

 

“Why are you looking at me like that?”

 

“Nothing.”

 

“How about you?”

 

“What about me?”

 

“Why do you like me? How did you even like someone like me? I’m weird, I’m not rich, and I have only one friend, a lot of people hate me. But you...”

 

“Shin Jae. What do you think is the main reason why you like me?”

 

“What? Why are you asking me again—“

 

“Just answer it, okay?” He smiled.

 

To summarize all the things I’ve said earlier...”I like you because...you’re being yourself. You are you. I like you the way you are, Baekhyun.”

 

“Exactly.”

 

“Got to believe in magic…tell me how two people find each other in a world that’s full of strangers…”

 

 “How great is your love for me?”

 

“My love for you is so great that no one can ever surpass it. That’s the simplest form of it.”

 

“I don’t know what to do without you…”

 

 

I can’t sing anymore. No words were coming from my mouth as I was crying.

 

 

It’s almost midnight. No…Shin Jae, wake up. Please…I don’t know what to do without you—

 

 

I know I’ve been holding Shin Jae’s hand for too long but I just felt her fingers move. And just when I thought that it’s just an imagination, they moved again.

 

 

“B-Baekhyun…”

 

 

I immediately felt my tears coming but not because of pain, it’s because of joy. Shin Jae…my Shin Jae…

 

 

“Where’s the doctor?”

 

“Baekhyun, what happened?”

 

“She’s alive. Shin Jae’s alive!”

 

 

The doctors came immediately and I was told to wait outside. All of them had their bright expressions and hoping for the best.

 

 

The doctors couldn’t believe that she’s alive and they told us many medical explanations but all I can think of is that…Shin Jae didn’t break her promise.

 

 

“What did I told you? She woke up for us, right?”

 

 

.

A miracle. This is a miracle.

 

 

**

 

 

I know it T___T but I tried my best ><

 

Next is Epilogue! 

 

Thank you everyone for supporting this. I can't--ahhhhhh I just wanna hug you all for supporting this *huuuuuugs*