The Reason

Another ShinJaeRella Story

Shin Jae’s POV

 

 

 

“I heard they broke up.”

 

 

“Oh come on. I saw it coming when I first learned that they were together.”

 

 

“Well, look at her. She looks so desperate to have Baekhyun oppa back.”

 

 

“As if. She’s all alone now.”

 

 

 

It’s okay, Shin Jae. It used to be like this before, you can bear it again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I can’t.

 

 

 

“Excuse me, you two.” I approached them. “Can I ask you something?” I said while smiling when deep inside I want to hurt them.

 

 

“What is it?”

 

 

“Have you ever heard about manners? They’re kind of important, you see. Have your parents taught you about them?” I stepped closer. “I think not.”

 

 

 

I saw their faces and their mouths shaped an ‘O’ as they were stunned. Funny.

 

 

 

“Oh. Where are your big mouths blabbering earlier? Where did they go?” I paused. “They’re gone? Okay then. I guess I’ll be going, too. See you around.”

 

 

 

That’s right. Be strong, Shin Jae. Don’t be such a damsel. Don’t let anyone hurt you anymore.

 

 

 

If Baekhyun can’t protect me, then I’ll do it myself.

 

 

 

Chanyeol’s POV

 

 

 

I miss her so much.

 

 

 

That’s all I can think of right now.

 

 

 

“Oh. Where are your big mouths blabbering earlier? Where did they go? They’re gone? Okay then. I guess I’ll be going, too. See you around.”

 

 

“You’re the one to talk! You just can’t accept the fact that Byun Baekhyun broke up with you!”

 

 

 

I saw her stiffen.

 

 

 

“And you?” I butted in. “I’ve heard your two boyfriends broke up with you recently because they found out you’re a two-timer.”

 

 

“Now, look who’s talking, huh? If you don’t have anything to say, just shut your ing mouth.”

 

 

 

A few moments later we were both left alone.

 

 

 

“Shin Jae. I know I’m—“I was abruptly shut when she hugged me.

 

 

“Shin Jae-ya…” Then I felt my uniform get wet. Oh no…

 

 

“Thank you, Chanyeol-ah.” Then she looked up at me. I smiled and patted her head and then she smiled too.

 

 

 

Oh how I miss that smile.

 

 

 

“I missed you, do you know that?” I asked her as she let go of me. I wiped her tears with my thumbs as I held her face. “Don’t cry. I’m always here for you, right?” She smiled again, but this time, a sad one. Then she lowered her head.

 

 

“Why didn’t I fall in love with you instead?”

 

 

I’ve been asking the same question since then, Shin Jae.

 

 

 

“Come on, let’s eat.” I put an arm around her shoulder. “You’re probably hungry right now. Don’t worry, my treat.” 

 

 

 

Then we walked together towards the cafeteria, with her question repeatedly bugging my mind.

 

 

 

Baekhyun’s POV

 

 

 

It’s all my fault.

 

 

 

Do you know what hurts? Seeing the person you treasure the most being treasured by someone else.

 

 

 

And what’s more painful? You can’t do anything about it.

 

 

 

It’s all my fault.

 

 

 

“Honey, why aren’t you eating? You seem lost again.”

 

 

 

No. It’s all her fault.

 

 

 

“I don’t have the appetite. Sorry.”

 

 

“Why? Did something happen?” Then her tone changed. “Or you wanted to eat with—“

 

 

“No! It’s not that. I guess I’m still not used to being with you again.” I smiled. “Don’t think about other things.”

 

 

 

But I can’t blame her.

 

 

 

FLASHBACK (ShinBaek’s supposed-to-be 100th day celebration)

 

 

 

“Baekhyun! Father wanted to see you for a while and—wait, where are you going?” I was fixing my clothes and checking my things when my brother entered my room.

 

 

“I’m going to Han River. It’s our 100th day today, hyung.” I can’t help but smile as I think of Shin Jae. I checked the time and it’s still early but I want to be the first one to come and wait for her, not the other way around.

 

 

“I see.” His voice was kind of…amused? “But Father wanted to see you for a bit. I don’t know why though. Hurry up.”

 

 

 

As I went to meet our Father, I saw a different person instead.

 

 

 

Taeyeon’s parents.

 

 

 

They told me what happened to Taeyeon back in the States.

 

 

 

Taeyeon was on drugs because of me.

 

 

 

The reason was because she said that can’t bear to stay away from me for a long time. They can’t make her go to the rehab. But then she agreed that she’ll go if they let her go back in Korea after her rehabilitation.

 

 

 

And she did.

 

 

 

After we talked, Taeyeon came out of nowhere and hugged me.

 

 

 

“Baekkie! I missed you so much.”

 

 

 

And everything happened after that.

 

 

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

 

 

They didn’t say anything, but I know that they want me to be with her so she won’t do it again. And I admit I’m afraid that she’ll do something like that again or even worse.

 

 

 

She is very sensitive when Shin Jae is around. Or if our conversation leads to her. I can’t do anything about the other day because I was so shocked. I’m very sorry.

 

 

 

But now, I will do anything to protect Shin Jae.

 

 

 

Even if it hurts me.

 

 

 

**

 

Hope you enjoyed! Thank you! Sml <3 :) *huuugs*