Betrayed and Broken

Another ShinJaeRella Story

This chapter has been posted before as well :)

 

**

 

Shin Jae's POV

 

 

Baekhyun...how...why...

 

 

What is happening? Is this real? Am I seeing things? 

 

 

I felt my heart hurt. It’s like it’s being punched and stabbed. What is going on?

 

 

I don't know what has gotten into me, but I surged through the sea of students and stopped in front of them. I didn't care about the other people murmuring while looking and pointing at us, or Kim Taeyeon's presence, because my eyes were on Baekhyun's only. 

 

 

"Baekhyun, what's going on?" My voice is trembling and I feel my body shaking and my lungs lacking of oxygen because his eyes...his wonderful eyes...looked at me with coldness and hate, telling me that he doesn't care anymore...

 

"Excuse us, ." No, don't cry, Shin Jae. Don't cry in front of them. They're not worth it.

 

I held his shoulders. "Baekhyun, tell me..." All I need to hear is his voice, telling me that this is all a nightmare, and he'll wake me up and tell me how much he loves me.

 

"I said, excuse us. Are you deaf?"

 

"Baekhyun please—“ Slap.

 

"Haven’t you heard me? Go away." Taeyeon's words sank through me. No...

 

Tell me, Baekhyun, and I'll believe in you. "Baekhyun, you told me you love me—“

 

 

Slap. Kick. Hit. That's all I got as I saw the other students approaching me and started bullying me. My eyes are still on him.

 

 

But he just looked at me.

 

 

"Baekhyun..."

 

 

I love you.

 

 

And everything went black.

 

 

Chanyeol's POV

 

 

"I'm her friend. Please let me see her."

 

"I'm sorry sir but we don't allow visitors for now. Her wounds and bruises are being treated for the meantime—“

 

"Please...just a peek? I'm going insane right now if you don't let me. I am so damn worried about her. Please..."

 

"We'll just notify you if the operations are done. I'm sorry sir," and the nurse slammed the door shut. 

 

 

I walked a few steps and leaned against the wall.

 

 

And then I punched it. 

 

 

That jerk. That ty jerk. I never should've trusted him.

 

 

I rushed to find Baekhyun, only to find out that he's at the back part of the school where no one sees him.

 

 

No words escaped from my mouth as I approached him and sent a punch straight to his face.

 

 

Punch. "That's for breaking my trust!"

 

Punch. "That's for all the trouble you've caused!"

 

Punch. "That's for all the bullying Shin Jae got!" 

 

Punch. "And that's for breaking her heart."

 

 

He barely moved. He deserves it. I let out all the anger I've got. How can he do such thing? He has no heart.

 

 

"Punch me more." And so I did. It went on for a few minutes until I controlled myself.

 

"You—you are purely evil. You are the most heartless bastard I’ve ever met." I said each word with my emotions raging inside me. And what made me madder is that he wasn't saying anything.

 

"I'll make sure you'll never see her again." And with a final punch, I left him there.

 

 

Never will you see her again, Byun Baekhyun. Remember that.

 

 

Shin Jae's POV

 

 

As soon as I opened my eyes, a bright white light was flickering in front of me. I tried to sit up, but I winced in pain as I felt my whole body hurt.

 

 

"Shin Jae-ya!" I heard a deep voice and immediately recognized whose voice it was.

 

"Chanyeol-ah..." He was sitting on the couch for visitors, and he immediately approached me. His eyes were full of worry as he spoke.

 

"Shin Jae-ya, oh God...look at you. You're hurt everywhere..." I glanced at my body and realized that he's right. He removed his coat part of the uniform and let me wear it. I almost cried on his concern.

 

"Thanks Chanyeol-ah." I sighed. "I guess you already heard the news, huh."

 

"I'm sorry..." I let out a weak smile.

 

"You didn't do anything wrong, Chanyeol-ah. You don't have to say that." My words kept him silent. What’s wrong?

 

"Shin Jae-ya, about Baekhyun and Taeyeon, you see..."

 

"Please don't mention his name." I looked away.

 

"No. You have to listen to me." His serious voice made me look at him. "During the times when you still hate each other, and when Taeyeon was still around, I heard them talk seriously." My gut tells me that something's wrong with Chanyeol, but I let him continue. "I heard Baekhyun say to Taeyeon that he'll wait for her until she comes back."

 

FLASHBACK (A/N: Chapter Three, last scene, Chanyeol’s POV)

 

"Can't you give me another chance?" Is this jerk so desperate or what?

 

"I'm sorry. I love you, Baekkie, but I'll just hurt you in the end." And this , too?

 

"It's okay. I just want to be with you. I missed you so much after you left Korea two years ago." So that's why they broke up.

 

"I missed you, too. But...it just won't work out. Things won't go smoothly between us anymore."

 

"I don't care. I don't care..." I can tell he's crying. "Just please..."

 

"I'll be leaving again tomorrow. I told you, it won't work out." That fast?

 

"I'll wait for you, no matter how long it will take."

 

"Are you sure?" She asked.

 

"Of course. I love you so much I'll face the consequences."

 

END FLASHBACK (back to Shin Jae’s POV)

 

"What..." I felt my tears coming up again. Chanyeol...why?

 

"Look, Shin Jae. I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier because I thought it didn't matter—“

 

"It didn't matter? Really now, Chanyeol?" I sniffed. "All this time, you knew..." Even you betrayed my trust?

 

"Shin Jae-ya..." He held my hand, at least he tried to, 'cause I slapped his hand away. "No, look, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to—“

 

"No." I cried while glaring at him. It's the first time I felt something like this. It hurts so, so much. "Do you know...how betrayed I feel right now?" I asked while my tears flowed. He lowered his head, maybe because of guilt and shame. "I didn't expect, of all people, that you'll be keeping something that critical. You should've told me, so I won't get hurt like this."

 

 

Silence.

 

 

"Get out, Chanyeol-ah." He looked up and stared at me, as if I said something unbelievable. I can feel my eyes sting because of the continuous crying.

 

"No, Shin Jae-ya. Don't do this. I'm sorry..."

 

"I said get out. Please, Chanyeol. I don't want to see you." It took him a few moments to process the words. And then he stood up and walked straight to the door, with one last statement.

 

"I'm sorry..."

 

 

As he shut the door close, I felt my heart hurt so much it's suffocating. I cried until then.

 

 

My heart shattered because of Baekhyun.

My body hurts because of Taeyeon.

And my trust is broken by my own bestfriend, Chanyeol.

 

 

What’s next, huh? What did I ever do wrong in the first place? Is it wrong to love someone? To trust someone? Is it wrong to believe in other people and give them chances? I don’t know anymore.

 

 

All I know is the feeling inside me. The feeling that I’m broken and I can hardly talk to anyone right now.

 

 

I just want this feeling to go away.

 

**

 

Thank you again :) *huuuuugs*