Epilogue: Happily Ever After

Another ShinJaeRella Story

The laaaaaaaaaaaaast TT

 

 

**

 

 

SNSD - Complete [PLAY FOR BG MUSIC]

 

 

Seven years ago, I thought I lost everything.

 

 

Seven years ago, I thought that incident will be the end of me.

 

 

Seven years ago, our love for each other was tested by fate.

 

 

But that was seven years ago.

 

 

“Bacon! Still working?”

 

 

After Shin Jae and I graduated from high school and college, many things changed.

 

 

Jongdae took architecture. I can say that he’s got some skills. Now he’s working on one big project.

 

 

Jung Hae took photography…and Jongdae’s heart. Her shots are really good, and I can say that she’s very excited to take a picture of something…special. I heard from Shin Jae that she kept on asking when Jongdae’s building will finish so she can take a nice photograph. They’re the loud and naughty type of couple.

 

 

Chanyeol took engineering and is now working alongside with Jongdae. If you’re curious about his love life, he told us he had no time for it. But I think Jung Ri (yes, Jung Ri, Jung Hae’s twin) won’t leave him if he doesn’t say yes.

 

 

Shin Jae took psychology. Now she has her own clinic just near, thanks to Jongdae and Chanyeol.

 

 

Me? I took business management. Jonghyun hyung handled the company while I handled only one of our hotels. About singing? I guess I don’t like it as much as I thought so I continued pursuing this career.

 

 

But what didn’t change is…

 

 

“Yah!” She entered my office. “I’ve been calling you since—“

 

“Alright, alright.” I gave up and picked up my things. “What should we eat for dinner tonight?” I asked as I put an arm around her shoulder.

 

“Jongdae and the others prepared dinner. It’s been a long time!”

 

I smiled as I played with her hair. “How’s work today? A lot of patients?”

 

“You bet. Some of them are seriously crazy. I mean…you know what I mean right?” I just rubbed her arm to soothe her. “How about you?”

 

“The usual,” I answered.

 

“Paper works kill you huh?”

 

“Hmm, it’s okay because at the end of the day, I get to see you and then I don’t feel tired anymore.” I smiled as I felt her stiffen and saw her blush.

 

She spoke after a while. “Baekhyun, we’ve been together for a while now, haven’t we? How many years has it been?”

 

“Seven years don’t sound ‘for a while’ to me,” I joked. She slapped my arm playfully. “Why the sudden question?”

 

“Nothing. Just glad that I met you.” Then she looked at me and flashed an angelic smile. Now it’s my turn to blush.

 

“Me too, princess.” My phone buzzed. I read the message. “Jongdae’s quiet impatient right now, I think we should hurry.”

 

She laughed. “Okay, let’s go.”

 

 

**

 

 

“What’s taking that project long anyway?” Jung Hae asked.

 

“The project just started a few days ago. Quit yapping.” Chanyeol answered as calmly as he could.

 

“But I can’t wait to take a picture!” Jung Hae turned to Jongdae. “Jagiya! Speed up that project ok?”

 

“We are doing our best, ok? One more question and we’ll stop this. You’re so annoying.” Jung Hae pouted and just continued eating.

 

Beside Chanyeol is Jung Ri, asking him lots of questions about himself. “And here’s another annoying one.” He rolled his eyes and we all laughed.

 

 

Nothing happened much that dinner, just a lot of catching up, Jongdae and Jung Hae’s small and useless fights, Chanyeol being annoyed at Jung Ri, and Shin Jae and I just laughing at them.

 

 

After we parted ways and said our goodbyes, I drove Shin Jae home like the usual. Yep, I already have my own car.

 

 

“I sure missed those guys. They’re good company like always after a long day,” Shin Jae muttered.

 

“Mmm.” I was driving silently when I remembered something. “Oh, Shin Jae. Tomorrow’s both our day-offs right?”

 

“Mmm? Yeah, why?”

 

“Rest well, okay?”

 

“Okay.”

 

 

Shin Jae’s POV

 

 

[Come to the place where we first kissed. 8:00 PM, SHARP! P.S. Wear something blue ;) see you princess!]

 

 

HE DIDN’T HAVE TO SAY THAT WE KISSED! UGH. Okay. What’s with him now? Never mind. I’ll find that out later.

 

 

As soon as I arrived, there are petals forming a pathway. I smiled. Baekhyun is really sweet.

 

 

I followed the petals. It led to the most special place in our hearts.

 

 

And there stood the most special person to me.

 

 

Baekhyun was wearing a blue long sleeve covered by a black coat and partnered with slacks. He even styled his hair! This handsome idiot.

 

 

He waved his bouquet of flowers. “Surprise?” He asked while smiling.

 

“I am seriously surprised.” There was also a table for two. “Candlelit dinner?” I asked while smiling.

 

 

He pulled my chair and let me sit, then he went on his own. Later, the main dish was served by no other than…”Chanyeol?!”

 

“At your service, ma’am.” He was even wearing a waiter’s outfit! He smiled as he finished setting up the plates. He bowed to us and left. He never grew old all these years.

 

I looked suspiciously at my boyfriend. “What?” He asked. “I just asked him for a little help. No big deal.”

 

 

After that we decided to just eat. Jung Ri served us wine, Jongdae for dessert, and Jung Hae for the…music?

 

 

JURIS - GOT TO BELIEVE IN MAGIC [PLAY SONG FOR BG MUSIC]

 

 

Suddenly our song played. It’s not literally ours but this song brought us together with a lot of memories attached.

 

 

The song started but Baekhyun just stared at me while smiling. Now I couldn’t help but ask.

 

 

“What is going on? You told me to rest on our day-off, but you called me here. Then our friends became helpers. What’s with you today?” I asked while laughing.

 

“Shin Jae.” He reached for my hand above the table. His hand is cold. Is he nervous? “You know that I love you right? I trust you and you trust me. We’ve been together for long and a lot of trials came upon us but look where we are now.” He laughed a little and his smile widened. “I’m happy that I make you happy. Your smile makes my day, and just seeing you wipe my worries away. I just…I want to do lots of things with you and continue making memories with you in the future.” He looked at me straight in the eyes. “Shin Jae, I know it’s sudden and all. But it’s now or never.” He stood up and walked towards me and knelt as he held a small box. Oh My God. Is he…?

 

“Lee Shin Jae. My one and only princess. Are you willing to spend the rest of your life…with me?”

 

 

OHMYGOD.

 

 

I felt my tears. I covered my face but I know I can’t stop smiling. I saw Chanyeol and the others behind saying ‘go for it!’. Not only them, my dad and Baek’s parents are also there! Did Baekhyun invite the most important people as I’m about to make the most important decision of my life?

 

 

“I won’t marry anyone else besides you, Baekhyun.”

 

 

My words slowly processed in his mind. Then he stood up and hugged me.

 

 

“I promise not to make you regret this, my love,” he said lovingly as he slipped the ring on my finger.

 

 

I laughed as my tears flowed. This feels weird but I know that I like this feeling very much.

 

 

“Why are you crying, princess?”

 

“I just really love you, Baekhyun. I really do.”

 

 

What did I tell you?

 

 

I’m Cinderella, and this is my prince charming.

 

 

And together, we’ll take our journey to our happily ever after.

 

 

**

 

 

Helloooooooooooooooooo! Waaaah. This is the epilogue of Another ShinJaeRella Story. Yep, ended it in a cliche way but who cares, lol.

 

 

Okay. So first of all, if you're reading this, thank you very much for sparing some time.

 

So I would like to thank everyone who supported this story in whatever way, reading, voting or posting a comment, I appreciate it all very much and it meant a lot to me. <3

 

And the persons I'm most thankful for: springjasmine91 and sehunxexoo. Thank you for everything you've done. Thank you so much. :) <3

 

Here are some of my works if you want to read:

 

EXO BEATS [Completed] - Luhan found himself on a weird place, with weird people, but he seemed completely normal. And the weirdest thing of all is he found out that he's already dead. [OT12, friendship, romance, there's more to it if you read]

 

THE STAR [Ongoing] - (After Another ShinJaeRella Story, I'm working next on this story) [D.O/Female OC romance] What if he hadn't become D.O of EXO? What if he wasn't known as Han Kangwoo in 'It's Okay, It's Love'? What if he wasn't Tae Young in the movie 'Cart'? What if everything didn't happen? What if he was just Do Kyungsoo? 

 

SIXTY DAYS FOR LOVE [Oneshot][Baekhyun//Chanyeol//D.O//Jongin//Jongdae] Chanyeol was heartbroken after Jongin rejected him. His friend, Jongdae, suggested a challenge for 60 days that Chanyeol should make someone fall in love and on the 60th day, Chanyeol must leave him and break his heart. Chanyeol agreed, but as each day passes, his heart changes and he's falling for his (un)lucky target, Baekhyun instead, and love unravels for all of them during the 60-day challenge. 

 

SAY SOMETHING [Oneshot] - [KaiSoo] Jongin wanted to end his life when a certain owl-eyed-annoying-full-of-stories person stopped him from doing so. Jongin grew fond of that person as he told Jongin a story every time they meet. Until the day came when that person can't tell any more.

 

A DAY WITH HER [THREE-SHOT] - [Yixing/Female OC] I guess spending a day with her wouldn't hurt. Turns out, that day was the most memorable day I've had in my entire life. 

 

So this is emeraaald, signing out for Another ShinJaeRella Story. Until then, folks :D