Together

Another ShinJaeRella Story

Sorry it took so long! I was so busy and I barely had slept. But I managed to make one today, and I'll try to post another one later to make it up to you guys. So, here's a chapter for now. Hope you enjoy! ^^~

 

**


Chanyeol likes me. Chanyeol actually likes me.


I didn’t sleep well that night. My thoughts wandered. What is he going to do next? What’s going to happen the next time we meet? What do I say to him? What will be my attitude? The normal? Or…I don’t know.


“Shin Jae-ya! Wake up!” My senses awakened by my stepsister’s shout. Right, Monday again.

“I’m coming!” I immediately jumped off my bed and went downstairs. I prepared their breakfast and as soon as they were finished, they immediately went to school…without me. Of course.


It took me a long time to prepare myself. I left the house 10 minutes to 7, which means I have 10 minutes before I’ll be late.


I moved as fast as I could. As I stepped out of the house, someone’s car was waiting…? For me?


“The bell will ring in ten minutes. Care to ride with me?”


Byun Baekhyun.


“Nine minutes.” He tapped his watch. I was startled and I was lost for a moment until he spoke again.

“Eight minutes. Hop in now because you don’t have time.” I immediately went inside the car and so did he. I saw his triumphant smirk, which caused a little irritation to burn inside me.

“Stop smirking like that.”

“I wasn’t,” he said innocently.

“You were. Stop doing that, it’s annoying.” 


Wait, why does this scene sound familiar?


“Those were the first words that we’ve exchanged to each other, in case you’re thinking about it.” Right! He was a badass then. I smiled as we continued the conversation like before.

“I’m sorry,” he said with a smile. Those were the words I said before when he caught me staring at him. I smiled as I said the words out of memory.

“Don’t say that because I don’t really care. And I won’t thank you for earlier, I just don’t want to be late,” I said, changing a few words. We laughed after that.


We arrived on school just on time. A lot of students who were also latecomers stared at us. Byun Baekhyun saw this and spoke.


“Stop staring at us, it’s annoying.” And they immediately complied. I let out a soft laugh because of his words.

“You always say that whenever you catch people staring at you.”

“Like when I caught you staring at me during your first day at the special section.” I stiffened. He let out a laugh because of my reaction.

“Don’t laugh at me!” I whined. He laughed harder. Aish.

“But you immediately froze when I caught you in the act! Hahaha!” I rolled my eyes.


We went inside the classroom and everyone stared at us like we killed someone. I lowered my head as Baekhyun and I went to our seats. He told everyone to don’t mind us, and they didn’t.


I passed by Chanyeol’s chair and he greeted me with a smile. I let out an awkward smile to him, and he ruffled my hair. Byun Baekhyun grabbed my wrist and pulled me to my seat and I waved Chanyeol a little goodbye.


It was break time. Byun Baekhyun nudged me as the bell rang.


“Let’s eat together.”

“Okay, I’ll just get my wallet.” I was about to pick it up when he held my wrist to stop me.

“I...uh…let me pay.” I raised an eyebrow.

“You sure? “

“Yep, let’s go now.”


As we were walking down the hallway, we passed by the bulletin board and there’s a big poster. A new announcement?


“Hey! It’s a singing contest!” I grabbed his wrist. “You should join. I’ll list your name here.” I grabbed my pen and I was about to write when he snatched it from me and then he threw it away. I looked at him to ask why did he do that, but I saw his eyes are full of anger.

“Don’t.” He looked at me and I saw that he tried to calm himself down. I trembled in terror. I almost cried but his eyes’ expression immediately changed.

“S-Sorry. I just don’t want to join. Sorry if I scared you.” He held my hand and squeezed it firmly. He let out an apologetic smile which set me at ease.

“I’ll treat you to lunch, right? Let’s go.”

 

**


“But I really think you should join.” I pushed him through.

“I don’t want to, okay? Drop the topic now, will you?”

“If you join, I’ll join, too.” He looked at me.

“Nevermind, I’ll just join as a single contestant,” he joked. I punched him playfully.

“Yah, you haven’t even heard my voice yet!” He looked at me, quite amused.

“Okay, let’s give it a try, then,” he challenged. I picked a random song in my head and started singing.

“I live for the applause, applause, applause. I live for the applause-plause, I live for the applause-plause, live for the—way that you cheer and scream for me~“I started dancing like crazy and he laughed hysterically he almost cried. I also laughed at my own act.

“Seriously, we’re going to win with that,” he said and we laughed harder. I didn’t care if there were people watching us, we’re just having fun together. After that, he spoke again.

“Take it seriously now, I might change my mind in joining that contest.” Seriously? Okay then.

“I have died everyday waiting for you. Darling, don’t be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years. I loved you for a thousand more...” I looked up to him and I saw his eyesmile.

“Okay. Shin Jae, we’ll be joining that damned contest.” I cheered, and we high-fived.


**


As we went back to our classroom, we listed our names on the duet sign-ups.


“Oh, it’s next week already,” I noticed.

“We’ll practice for that. We have to win, okay?” 

“Says the one who doesn’t want to join at first,” I teased. His expression immediately hardened, still with a hint of playfulness.

“Shut up.” I laughed at his remark.


As we were passing by the corridors, we happen to meet my stepsisters. They saw me and then they saw Baekhyun. Their eyes immediately widened. They turned their backs and went the opposite way.


“Those girls were the ones who ruined your costume,” he said. 

“I figured as much.”

“Do they always do such things to you?”

“You can say that.” 

“What?! Why didn’t you tell me?” His voice rang the whole hallway. I apologized to the people around especially the teachers.

“I’m doing fine, okay? Look at me.” I showed him myself, pointing out that I’m okay.

“But what if you get hurt so much you can’t get up? Will you wait for that time to come?”

“I’ll make sure to fight back,” I said with determination. He patted my head, much to my surprise.

“Okay then. Those girls will finally have someone to fight them back.” I smiled.


**

It was dismissal time before we knew it.


“Want to get some ddeokbokki?” He looked at me and he raised his eyebrows up and down while smiling. I laughed at his ridiculous face.

“It’s the first time you’ve done that, it was so funny! Hahaha!” I continued laughing.

“Stop laughing at me like I look so ugly.” I stopped but I continued a little afterwards. He just looked at me while I was laughing until I calmed myself down.

“Let’s get some,” I said. We got up and went out.


As we reached that particular ddeokbokki stand (which we’ve visited for the 3rd time today), the man recognized us and he smiled.


“Would you like to buy another 3 portions?” He asked Byun Baekhyun. I let out a laugh, remembering that the last time we were here was he indeed bought three portions for himself only.

“Yes please,” he said with a shy smile. He really loved this, don’t you think?


After buying those, we walked the way home.


“Say, what do you want to sing for the contest?” He asked.

“I don’t know, either. I’ll think up of something and you, too. Then we’ll talk about it tomorrow,” I said.

“Yeah, I guess we’ll just do that.” He brought his phone out of his pocket and saw a text message. He immediately brought it back to where it was placed.

“I need to go somewhere for now. Is it okay if I leave you here?” He asked hesitantly. 

“I’ll be fine. You can go now,” I said with a smile.

“Okay. Sorry because it’s so sudden. Let’s talk tomorrow.” And then he left.


I walked the way home alone. It’s not new, but I feel a little empty. Somehow, when he and I started to get closer since the dance competition. First the dance competition, then now a singing contest? Is it the music month now?


But I’m thankful that I got him to show his other side to me. I consider myself a lucky friend. A friend? We haven’t even declared that we are indeed friends. Okay. I’m a lucky seatmate. Yeah, take it that way.


I smiled to myself. Byun Baekhyun can be a jerk, but once you get to his good side, you’ll find that there’s something’s more. He can be sensitive, he can be funny, and he can be caring if he wants to.


And I’m starting to feel something for him.


I don’t know if it’s what I feel for Chanyeol, but I always find myself smiling whenever I think about him and the things we’ve done together but at the same time, it hurts my heart when I remember his rudeness before.


I brushed off my thoughts as I saw our house. But not only that, someone was waiting outside. Chanyeol.


“Hey,” I said.

“We didn’t talk today,” he said.

“Sorry, I was busy.”

“Busy with Baekhyun?” He asked. I saw his eyes with a hint of pain. Oh no...

“We-We’ll be joining the contest, that’s all.”

“Are you sure that’s all?” His expression became darker.

“Chanyeol...”

“I waited for you here for half an hour. Where were you?” He asked.

“I-I was—“

“With Baekhyun. Of course,” he let out a weak smile. It hurts me to see Chanyeol like this.

“I-I’m sorry...”

“What are you sorry for? It’s my fault for feeling for you this way. Don’t be sad, Shin Jae-ya.” He brushed my hair.

“Don’t be sad like that. It hurts my heart.”

“And it hurts my heart to see you happy with him like you’re in love.”

“I’m not in love with him,” I said. I felt a hint of pain in my chest as I said those words. Why?

He patted my head and he spoke again. “Hope you realize what you truly feel soon, Shin Jae-ya.” He looked up at the sky. “It’s getting late, I’m going home now.” He left me there, standing still.


And it hurts my heart to see him leave me with a sad face.

 

 

**

 

 

And it hurts my heart to see Chanyeol like that. :( T^T I can't...awwweeeeee. 

 

 

So how was it? Comments are highly appreciated. I love reading them <3

 

 

An update will be posted later once again if I can make it! I'll rest for now, sorry but I get tired easily these days. T^T I promise to do my best and make it up to you guys! :)

 

 

And! Goodbyes and Promises is updated! Check it out! ;)

 

 

So, that's all for now. Thank you and I love you all! *huuuugs*