The Bestfriend's Wake Up Call

Another ShinJaeRella Story

Hope you enjoy! :)

 

**

 

Jongdae’s POV

 

 

I was walking down the hallway when I saw my beloved bestfriend at the other end.

 

 

This jerk.

 

 

I didn’t look out for Shin Jae  for four years just for him to break her heart like that.

 

 

I was looking sternly when he lifted his head up and spotted me.

 

 

He and Taeyeon parted ways as I stepped closer to him.

 

 

“Jongdae.”

 

“Do you have a minute?”

 

 

**

 

 

“What in the world is wrong with you?” Those were the words that left my mouth as soon as we were alone.

 

“Jongdae. Please hear me out.” His tone made me look at him. It was the same tone he used when we first met. It’s sad, lonely, and in need of an ear to listen to.

 

“I don’t know if you have a proper explanation that’s enough to explain everything but say it.”

 

“Taeyeon was on drugs—“

 

“What?”

 

“—because of me.” He sighed. “When she was in the States, she became miserable because we were apart. She almost killed herself because of overdose but her parents made her go to the rehab under one condition,” his voice cracked. “She’ll come back here.”

 

 

Silence.

 

 

“Things happen and I don’t know anymore. I…” he trailed off.

 

 

I glanced at him and I saw a person different from the one I know. He turned to the heartless, cold, and selfish student to a loving and caring person who learned to value other people other than himself.

 

 

But still…

 

 

Punch. “Baekhyun. You are such an idiot.”

 

“I know! Okay! If I could just…” he said as he wiped the blood on his lips.

 

“You’re a big coward. You left without even saying anything.”

 

“I did it to protect her from Tae—“

 

“To protect her? This is your way of protecting her?” I can’t believe this guy! “What does protection even mean to you?!” I brushed my hair out of frustration and stood up. I was about to walk away when he stopped me.

 

“Where are you going?”

 

I faced him. “To find my bestfriend. Because he’s not the person in front of me right now.”

 

His eyebrows met in confusion. “What—“

 

“Baekhyun. Can you please use your ing head? You’re acting as if you don’t have a choice!”

 

 

Silence once again.

 

 

“Your life, your choice man. What do you want?”

 

 

I left him after I said those words.

 

 

“Baekhyun. You are such an idiot.”

 

 

You’re the one to talk, Jongdae. You can have Shin Jae to yourself now but you…

 

 

That’s because I know that even if we’ll be together, I know she can’t be happy with me.

 

 

I looked back at Baekhyun who’s sitting and sulking by himself. I let out a deep sigh.

 

 

I hope this serves as a wake up call to you, my dear bestfriend.

 

 

Before it’s too late.

 

**

 

Hello! It's been a while :) How is it so far? Omo, I can feel the ending already. AHHHH~ I hope you speak more ^^

 

 

So I just want to say thank you to everyone for supporting this story. I couldn't have made this far without you :) <3 *huuugs*