Prince And Princess

Another ShinJaeRella Story

I'm not a master in writing fluff but I hope you'll like this one~

 

 

**

 

 

Baekhyun’s POV

 

 

Shin Jae and I are here at the school’s cafeteria, eating our lunch. Her friend, Chanyeol, is absent today and I don’t care. Just kidding.

 

 

“Yah, I’m the one here with you but you keep looking for that tall idiot.”

 

“Chanyeol’s not an idiot, Bacon. Stop calling him that,” she defended.

 

“Then why are you looking for him? Is it something important?” I asked. She looked at me with an eyebrow raised.

 

“Why are you getting jealous?” I almost spit my drink because of the question. What the hell, Lee Shin Jae.

 

“I am not jealous. I’m just asking why you kept looking for him.”

 

“And why are you asking that?” She placed her chin above her hands, as if amused by me.

 

“Because I’m the one here but you kept looking for—“

 

“See? You’re jealous.”

 

“Oh come on. I said I’m not jealous.”

 

“Okay,” she said as she laughed a little. “If you say so.”

 

“Say, princess,” I said. “There’s an upcoming party this Saturday at our mansion. Can you make it?” I smiled at her. Please say yes.

 

“Is it a formal party? Something like, party for the elites?” Oh no, she’s thinking that again. I held her hand tightly as I spoke.

 

“Shin Jae. I told you before that I love you as yourself, right? It doesn’t matter if you’re not rich financially. I didn’t love you for money, okay? Don’t think about it.” She flashed me a thankful smile, which set me at ease.

 

“But…I don’t have anything to wear. People will think—“

 

“Hey, I just said that don’t think about that,” I hushed her. “What about the gown that you wore on my birthday?”

 

“That’s not mine. That’s Yoon Mi ahjumma’s gown. I’m too shy to borrow it again.”

 

 

Suddenly someone familiar sat down beside Shin Jae. Where did I see this girl again?

 

 

“Oh, Jung Hae…” my princess said, almost in shock.

 

“I have a dress. You can borrow it if you want.”

 

“Yah, you’re her stepsister right? Are you planning to hurt her again?” I almost shouted, but Shin Jae calmed me. What? I thought they hurt her!

 

“Baekhyun,” she said with a firm voice. “She’s not that kind of person. Stop judging her.” The girl named Jung Hae was stunned.

 

“Okay, I know I was mean and all, but I promise I won’t hurt her anymore,” she said while looking straight into my eyes. Somehow, she made me believe on what she said.

 

“Shin Jae, I’ll just give it to you tomorrow, okay?” She looked around and I saw her twin sister come. “Jung Ri will see me, I’ll talk to you later.” And she stood up and walked away from us.

 

“They’re your family, right?” I asked my girlfriend—okay, that made me blush a little.

 

“Yeah, you can say that.”

 

“Speaking of family…you haven’t told me anything about yours. I already introduced you to my parents and all, but you haven’t said anything on your side.” Her eyes widened at my statement. Oh no.

 

“Baekhyun…can we not talk about that? Maybe some other time. I just…” Is something wrong? Whatever it is, I hope she can get through it.

 

I patted her head. “It’s okay if you’re not ready to say it yet. I understand.” Then from her head, my hand moved to her shoulder and I hugged her closer to me.

 

“Thank you, Bacon,” she whispered.

 

 

**

 

 

Shin Jae’s POV

 

 

Meet me at the park near our house at 3 PM.

 

– Jung Hae

 

 

“Hey, Shin Jae!” She called out to me. I stood up from the bench and walked towards her. She gave me a warm hug and she held my hand as she dragged me along.

 

“Whoa, wait, where are you taking me?” I asked my stepsister.

 

“To our house,” she said nonchalantly while still walking. I stopped my tracks.

 

“Did you forget that mom kicked me out?” I asked her in disbelief.

 

“No one’s there right now, don’t worry. And besides, you should be the one living there, not us.” I guess it’s no use arguing with her.

 

 

We arrived after a few minutes of walking. I walked inside her room—their room (Jung Ri), and she has a big closet full of nice clothes. Wow.

 

 

“I want to be a fashion designer someday, you know,” she said while smiling as she saw the look on my face.

 

“No doubt about it, Jung Hae.”

 

“Mom and Jung Ri will come home late today, so let’s take our time and maybe…have a sister bonding?” She asked while smiling at me.

 

“Of course,” I gladly replied.

 

 

She pulled out some dresses that can fit my size. She tried them one by one on me, and I was getting tired due to the continuous changing of clothes.

 

 

“No.”

 

“Not that.”

 

“No, you look too skinny.”

 

“Not your style.”

 

“That’s too short.”

 

 

Until this particular dress caught my attention. I took it without her permission and tried it on. I went out of the restroom and showed it to her.

 

 

“Perfect,” she muttered as her lips curved into a genuine smile. “You look so beautiful…”

 

“Thank you,” I said.

 

“This dress is actually yours.”

 

“What? I don’t have any dress.”

 

“I actually…took this from your things. It’s actually a gift from…your father.” My world stopped. What did she say?

 

“It’s wrapped before, and my curiosity betrayed me. I opened it and I thought it was really beautiful. So…sorry for taking it from you,” she said with a shy smile. That’s why…that’s why it got my attention. It was from my father…

 

“Can I have it back?” I asked her.

 

“Oh, yeah sure. I haven’t worn that before anyway.”

 

 

After that, she also gave me a pair of shoes to pair with that beautiful dress. Since it’s still early, she said I should stay for a little longer. We sat down on her bed and we talked about things.

 

“You’re really lucky, Shin Jae. Baekhyun oppa loves you.”

 

“Why? Do you like him?”

 

“No, it’s not that,” she immediately countered. I laughed at her reaction. “My point is, the one you love loves you back.”

 

“Why? Do you have a person you like?” I asked her with a teasing smile. She immediately blushed and she even covered her face. How cute.

 

“Yeah…but he doesn’t like me, though. He likes someone else…” She saw that I saddened on her statement so she immediately forced a smile. “But it’s okay, I’m used to it.” She even faked a laugh.

 

“Who is it? Do you want me to punch him?” I playfully said. “How can he not like someone like you? You’re pretty, kind, and also smart. You’re a package!”

 

“Like I said, he already likes someone else.” She laughed at my reaction, this time it’s not a fake. Thank God.

 

“So…will you tell me? Who’s the lucky bastard?”

 

She hesitated at first but…”It’s someone you know.”

 

“Chanyeol? You like Chanyeol?”

 

“No! Not him. Baekhyun oppa’s friend…” I gasped at her statement.

 

“You like that camel-looking boy?” I asked her. She playfully slapped my arm.

 

“Yah, Jongdae’s a package too.” She blushed as she mentioned his name.

 

“Don’t worry, someday, he will like you back.” I said as I hugged her tightly, indicating how happy I am for her.

 

 

I stayed for another hour before going to Chanyeol’s place. Things went smoothly for me and I felt really happy.

 

 

THERE IS A PLACE - WU YIFAN [PLAY FOR BG MUSIC]

 

 

That night, I was about to go to sleep when I received a message from Bacon.

 

From: Bacon <3

Still awake?

 

 

Sighing, I opened my phone and decided to talk to him a little more.

 

 

To: Bacon <3

I’m about to go to sleep.

 

From: Bacon <3

Let’s talk more~ *pouts*

 

To: Bacon <3

Yeah, that’s exactly what we’re doing right now.

 

 

I waited for his reply but instead I received a phone call from him. I answered the call and I heard his soft voice.

 

 

“Hey, princess.”

 

“Hey.”

 

“Can’t you at least call me your prince?” Based on his tone, I bet he’s pouting. How cute, Baekhyun.

 

“Make me,” I challenged. I laughed a little at my own statement.

 

“Is Chanyeol there?”

 

“Yeah, it’s his house, right?” Is my boyfriend an idiot or what?

 

“No, I mean, in your room.”

 

“Yes, he’s right beside me,” I teased.

 

“Oh.” He was taken aback. “Is he asleep already?”

 

“No, we always talk before we sleep. Why?”

 

“Is that so?”

 

“Hey, you’re getting jealous, aren’t you?”

 

“I am not.”

 

“You are always jealous of Chanyeol~”

 

“I am not.” Oh no, I can tell he’s mad.

 

“Sorry…are you mad?” He didn’t answer. Okay, he’s mad. I went silent for another minute.

 

 

It was almost 10 minutes and no one’s still speaking between us. I was about to end the call when I heard him sigh from the other line.

 

 

“Princess…I know you’re asleep by now. Maybe you got tired waiting for me to answer? Sorry…I just…” He took a deep breath before speaking. “I know that you’ve liked Chanyeol before, that’s why I feel uneasy whenever you’re together. I admit…I get jealous every single time.”

 

 

My world stopped as I held my breath. I didn’t know…I was just teasing him…

 

 

“Sorry if I got mad. I just…I feel insecure of Chanyeol. He’s been with you almost your whole life, but me…only for a few months. He knows your flaws perfectly; maybe he mastered your personality already. I can’t help but feel jealous of him every time I see you two together.”

 

 

Baekhyun…sorry for making you feel that way…

 

 

“But what made me strong is you yourself. You chose me over him, right? You told me you love me. As long as you say those words…I will believe in myself and have no doubts. Let’s stay strong and be with each other forever, okay?”

 

 

I wanted to cry. I wasn’t planning to turn it into something like this. This is supposed to be a simple night call between two lovers…

 

 

“I love you, my princess.”

 

“I love you too, my prince.”

 

“YAH! You’re still awake?”

 

“Yes of course. Why would I sleep while talking to you?”

 

“Then…you heard…Oh My God, I cannot believe you.”

 

“Haha~ You told me you love me~ I feel so flattered~”

 

“Alright, alright,” he said. Aigoo this cute boyfriend of mine.

 

“I’m getting sleepy for real now.” I yawned.

 

“Then you should sleep.” I can tell that he’s smiling. “Good night, my princess.”

 

“Good night, my prince.”

 

“I love you.” I can feel the sincerity in those three words. Oh Baekhyun, what would I do without you?

 

“I love you more,” I said with all my heart.

 

 

When the phone call ended, I decided to change his name in my contact list.

 

 

My Prince <3

 

 

That night I fell asleep with a big smile on my face.

 

**

 

 

Hellooo~ luckily I got to update today. How was the update? And only now did I realize that it's long. Haha. Well, more ShinBaek fluff(?) for everyone. Tell me how it was!! :)

 

Thank you so much everyone for appreciating my story. I appreciate each and every one of you. I love you all :) *huuuuuuugs*