Invitation

Another ShinJaeRella Story

Another one! It's shorter compared to the previous ones, but I hope you'll appreciate it! :)

 

 

**

 

The next days went fine.  I was recovering slowly, with the help of Baekhyun and Chanyeol. They were always there to help me, especially Baekhyun since he’s my seatmate. And I’m glad about that.

 

 

Although there’s one thing I noticed.

 

 

It seems like Jongdae always follows me wherever I am. Not that I’m being paranoid, but he always was behind my back. Not literally, though. He was just always there.

 

 

Take today as an example.

 

 

“How’s school?” He approached me as I was getting some books from my locker. I didn’t want to be rude, so I answered him with a smile.

 

“Everything’s fine like always.”

 

“No one’s hurting you? Did you get into an accident?”

 

“My body’s healing now, thank you.” I started walking. I don’t know why but I feel like he’s hiding something from me. Something important…

 

“That’s good. See you later, Shin Jae-ah.” He walked past me and ran towards his classroom. It was the same as always, though, so I didn’t have to worry about it.

 

 

Not unless my instincts are correct.

 

 

 

**

 

 

“It’s next week!”

 

“I know! I can’t wait!”

 

“Have you brought him a gift?”

 

“I had my father buy the most expensive watch available here in Korea. He seemed to need one. How about you?”

 

“I think a charm made of pure silver would be nice.”

 

 

Lots of people are talking about this someone’s special day. Who could it be? They seemed to be really excited about it, and then there’s me, clueless about everything.

 

 

“Shin Jae-ya!”

 

“Oh! Chanyeol.” He ran towards me with a happy face. He looked so excited. What now?

 

“Have you heard the news?”

 

“What news?”

 

“There are no classes tomorrow!” I cheered happily. Oh God, I’m so thankful I have another day to rest. He cheered as well and hugged while jumping. I realized that it was somehow too touchy, so I let go first.

 

“Come on now, you’ve been my bestfriend for a decade and you still feel awkward around me?”

 

“It’s not that. You just smell too bad so I immediately backed away.” He showed me a grin instead of an annoyed look, and I immediately knew what he was up to.

 

“Teasing me like that again, huh.” And before I knew it, he started tickling me. I laughed and laughed and laughed until I almost went out of breath. I grasped for oxygen desperately, and he did, too.

 

“Say, do you have something to do tomorrow?” He asked me.

 

“I’ll get some rest; so hopefully, I can be fully healed by next week.” He frowned as I mentioned the ‘next week’. 

 

“Is there something wrong?” I asked. He immediately replaced with a smile.

 

“Nothing. Nothing…” He looked at the time. “Shouldn’t we go home now?”

 

“Oh, right. Let’s go.”

 

 

**

 

 

Chanyeol and I walked home together. I was so used to walking home together with Baekhyun that I sometimes forget Chanyeol--my bestfriend.

 

 

Shame on me.

 

 

“Say, Shin Jae. Do you remember anything that happened that night?”

 

“What night?”

 

“The night during that day in the mountains.” Oh, right. That night.

 

“I remember telling some words that I--“

 

“What words?” What? Didn’t he hear me during that embarrassing moment?

 

“Yah, don’t pretend like you didn’t hear me that time. I’m too shy to repeat it…”

 

“Shin Jae, I wasn’t the one who saved you that night.” My eyes widened. He wasn’t the one who carried me? Then someone else must’ve heard my words then! I panicked, not knowing what to do after revealing my secret to another person besides my bestfriend. I stuttered as I asked.

 

“Wh-Who r-r-rescued me th-then?” It took him long before he responded.

 

“A..uh…an adult rescued you. Why were you so nervous? It’s not like you said something really embarrassing for others to hear.” I laughed awkwardly. Okay, so an adult heard me. That person couldn’t have possibly said to him…right?

 

“No, definitely not.” I changed the topic. “My house is near. I should go now. See you, Yoda!” I ran towards the house, not looking back.

 

 

As I entered our home, I heard my sisters’ annoying squeals and screams.

 

 

“Kyaaah! I’m so excited!”

 

“Our dresses are here!”

 

“Wooow, they’re perfect. I bet he’ll be stunned by our clothes.”

 

“Or maybe he’ll fall in love with us!” They screamed again, which caused me to make a sour face. They looked at me in disgust and snickered. They were about to insult me again (I think) when we heard a knock on the door. One of them approached, and came back with an envelope. She flipped it because nothing’s written on the front except a seal, and as she read some words at the back, she immediately squealed. Not again.

 

 

As the other one read it, she did the same. I walked away from both of them, but someone pulled my hair back, which caused me to stumble. I was about to ask them why, but they shoved the envelope into my face instead. My eyes widened as I read the words.

 

 

“In case you didn’t understand it, I’ll read it for you.” She cleared . “To: Lee Kyung Min, Lee Jung Ri, and Lee Jung Hae.” Those were my stepmother’s and my twin sisters’ names. I’m not surprised that my name isn’t included, but what could be inside? Jung Ri opened the sealed envelope while Jung Hae still held my hair. She read the words aloud.

 

“You are invited to the Byun Baekhyun’s, the Byun Estates’ heir’s birthday celebration that will be held on the 6th of May at the Tiara Palace. The venue will start welcoming guests at 7:00 PM. Your presence would be very much appreciated. Thank you.” 6th of May. That’s why…that’s why he was asking me…because it’s his birthday. I suddenly felt nervous. What would I do? Should I attend? What gift should I buy? Will he let me enter there and celebrate his special day with him?

 

 

My thoughts were disrupted as Jung Hae let go of my hair harshly and let out an evil laugh.

 

 

“Poor you! I bet he doesn’t want you to be there, so your name wasn’t included in this invitation.” She held it up, as if to show me how much of an outcast I am. She didn’t have to say it like I don’t already know…

 

“You should probably lock yourself up in the attic during that day. You’re just one of his girls. You’re just his pastime, that’s why he sometimes goes with you. Poor him, enduring the pain and disgust that he feels whenever he’s with you.” Why do I feel like what they’re saying is right? That I’m just someone he hangs out with whenever he doesn’t have someone to spend time with. I’ve never felt so low and degraded like this, and it hurts like hell. So…I’m just a toy?

 

 

I clenched my fists. I wanted to punch them straight in the face, but my stepmother suddenly showed up. She talked to both of her daughters, and I walked my way up to the attic, where I truly belong.

 

 

I was about to call it a day when I noticed something inserted between my windows. I approached it and realized that it was familiar. It was the same envelope.

 

 

I quickly grabbed it before it would’ve been taken by the wind. As much as I was in deep pain earlier, my lips formed a smile. “To: Lee Shin Jae,” it read. I carefully opened it, not wanting to ruin the single of piece of paper that came from him. The same words are printed, but there’s a handwritten note at the bottom.

 

 

Meet me at the venue’s garden at exactly 11:00 PM.

 

See you, Shin Jae.

 

 

I recognized the handwriting. Of course. I always see the same kind of form of words beside me every single school day. Baekhyun.

 

 

I can’t wait to see you, too.

 

 

**

 

 

Hello! :) So finally, I thought of the names of the twin sisters of Shin Jae! Haha! :D 

 

 

Anyway, how was it? Comments are HIGHLY appreciated. It makes me feel a certain connection with the readers if I read comments, so yeah. <3

 

 

Upvote and subscribe too if you like! :)

 

 

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING! <3

 

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU ALL. <3