I Can't Stop

Another ShinJaeRella Story

UWIWNMJQKFMJWQNFKQFLKWLQLD I CAN'T STOP OMG WJRQFNQKJKQKLDFQO I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAS GOTTEN INTO ME

 

Okay you guys can read now. Hope you enjoy! 

 

 

**

 

 

“Seems like this class had many achievements so far,” Miss Yoon said with a smile.

 

 

We are now in our homeroom class. Miss Yoon congratulated us for a job well done, she said that we made the special section’s reputation good and the other classes are impressed by the skills of the students in it. Okay, I admit, I was flattered.

 

 

“So, for an announcement this morning...” she scanned her checklist. “Right, the principal decided to give us a short school break. They realized that the students, and of course, the teachers, are stressed out by the activities. It’ll last for a week or so, but I think that’s enough.” Everyone cheered. Wow, this school can be so nice.

 

“And for a reward for all your achievements...”she smiled. “I decided to treat you all to a short trip!” Again, everyone cheered. “It will be a three days and two night’s trip for everyone, I’ll pay all the expenses, okay?” Wow, Miss Yoon is so kind.

 

 

**

 

 

“Be sure to come back immediately after the end of the trip, or you won’t have a place to sleep for the rest of your life. Got it?” My stepmother snickered.

 

“What kind of school did I even enroll you? Tch,” she said as she went up the stairs. My stepsisters, of course, never failed to say their opinions again.

 

“Hope you get into an accident there,” said one.

 

“You can jump off the cliff if you want. You’ll be going to the mountains, right?” I remained quiet as I checked to see if I missed anything. After I made sure that I’ve got everything I need, I went out of the house.

 

 

And I never wanted to come back.

 

 

**

 

As soon as we arrived at the place, I never felt so free. We’re in the mountains, with a big cabin house where we can all stay. There is a huge space, too, on which the class can have campfire, maybe later at night.

 

 

“The girls will be taking the beds, and you boys can take the extra sheets and sleep on the floor. No buts, be respectful gentlemen, okay?” I’m glad about that.

 

 

“You can have fun outside now.” And that’s when we all went outside. I went to the cable car thing with Chanyeol. I decided to have fun with him since we barely had time for us to enjoy, and I really missed him.

 

“Wow, this is so high! You can see the whole place from up here!” I smiled at his childishness. I really missed this guy.

 

“Right. Oh look, there’s a little lake there! And there’s an eagle’s nest!” I started pointing at everything I see because this is the first time I’ve done this. It was so fun.

 

 

We’ve tried to explore the place, too. We became adventurers in an instant. We found lots of kind animals around, we even fed some baby raccoons that we found under a bush. As the sun was setting, Chanyeol and I decided to go back before it gets dark.

 

 

We grilled barbeques at our place. I was grilling alone because Chanyeol decided to cook some skillet. And...Byun Baekhyun...I haven’t seen him around.

 

 

Some girls approached me as I was cooking silently.

 

 

“You seem to be alone, Shin Jae. Want us to help you?” I recognized the voice. Remember when I was bullied in front of many people because they said I was flirting with Chanyeol? These girls were the bullies. They were the ones who said not-so-nice things to me, hit me with a book, kicked me on the floor, and...You know that.

 

“Uh...”

 

“Don’t worry, we won’t hurt you. We’re just trying to help.” They smiled at me, which set me at ease. They immediately got some tongs and another plate to put the meat, and together, we had fun cooking.

 

 

I realized that they’re not as bad as they were anymore. They have kind hearts, and no matter how rich they are, they’re just people with feelings. They’re quite...normal.

 

 

After we ate dinner, we cleaned up the mess and it became easy because all of us are moving and no one’s a lazy . We were about to go to our rooms and tuck into our beds, but Miss Yoon decided to have campfire. She said it’s better to have campfire this night and to have some healing time for all of us.

 

 

“Remember when I first moved into your section? You kids were a bunch of spoiled brats.” We all laughed at her opening remark. “But gradually, you started to change. I don’t know how or why, but I’m just glad you all did.” We all smiled at her. “And does anyone want to say something else? We have all night.” Someone raised her hand and looked at me.

 

“I wanted to apologize to a certain someone that I know has been treated rudely since the start.” It stabbed my chest when she spoke. “Lee Shin Jae, I know it’s been hard for you, being treated that way when in fact, you’re not doing anything wrong. You tried your best to help us in every way you can, and I know that during the dance competition, it’s your first time to dance. You gave it your all and worked hard, and we’ve never noticed that. All in all, thank you and I’m sorry.” Everyone spoke the same thing. I can feel my tears coming. Really, they’re a bunch of kind people. I wanted to just hug all of them and tell them it’s okay, and we should just start anew.

 

“You’re quite good at singing, you know that? Can you sing a song for us?” Oh God, I’m too shy to sing in front of everyone. Chanyeol, being beside me, squeezed my hand and looked at me firmly, which gave me confidence.

 

Miley Cyrus - When I Look At You. I soooo love this song. <3

 

 

“Everybody needs inspiration.” They cheered for me as I started.

 

“Everybody needs a song. A beautiful melody, when the night's so long. ‘Cause there’s no guarantee, that this life is easy...” They swayed as I sang the chorus.

 

“Yeah, when my world is falling apart, when there's no, light to break up the dark. That's when I, I, I look at you.” I looked at my front and saw that Byun Baekhyun was sitting across me. When I look at you...Oh God. I can feel my heart beating rapidly again.

 

“When the waves are flooding the shore and I can't find my way home anymore, that's when I, I, I look at you...” I felt like looking at him while singing. I don’t know, I just wanted to, and I don’t want to tear my gaze away as he was playfully punching his seatmate as he was smiling and laughing playfully. I smiled as I continued.

 

“When I look at you, I see forgiveness, I see the truth.” I don’t know why but I want to forgive him for every sin he has done to me. Right, I see the truth.

 

“You love me for who I am like the stars hold the moon.” Do you love me, Byun Baekhyun? What? Oh God, my conscience is confused as well.

 

“Right there where they belong. And I know I'm not alone.” I didn’t feel alone whenever I’m with you.

 

“Yeah, when my world is falling apart, when there's no, light to break up the dark. That's when I, I, I look at you.” That’s when he stared back at me. I smiled. I remembered the time when I was almost harassed by a man when he left me for a while when we went out to eat ddeokbokki. I screamed his name, didn’t I? Why his name? Why not Chanyeol’s?

 

“When the waves are flooding the shore and I can't find my way home anymore, that's when I, I, I look at you...”

 

“You appear just like a dream to me. Just like kaleidoscope colors that cover me. All I need, every breath that I breathe. Don't you know, you're beautiful?” And I can’t stop looking at you.

 

“When the waves are flooding the shore and I can't find my way home anymore, that's when I, I, I look at you...”

 

“You appear just like a dream to me...” A beautiful one, Byun Baekhyun. A very beautiful one.

 

 

Everyone clapped for me and that’s when I realized that I was so absorbed by the song. After a little more talk, we decided to call it a night.

 

 

Another realization: I fell in love with that jerk during a short period of time.

 

 

I fell in love with the smallest things that happened between us. I fell in love when I saw how broke he was after his ex-girlfriend left him. I fell in love when I saw him so happy playing with the kids like it was all that mattered. I fell in love when he cared for me for the first time. I fell in love with everything that has to do with him.

 

 

Chanyeol’s POV

 

The next day, I had more time with her. We went to the lake we saw yesterday, and we swam for a while. We splashed playfully to each other. We’ve brought water guns and had a small fight, and it was so much fun seeing her so happy.

 

 

For the rest of the day, she told me that she’ll go with the girls. I remember those girls. I still don’t trust them, but I trust Shin Jae, so I let her go with them even if my overprotective side is dominating me again. I went with some boys, too, to clear my mind and just think of having fun.

 

 

It was around 6 in the evening when the thunder roared in the clouds. We immediately went back to the cabin before it rained so hard. After a while, we had our dinner inside. I saw the group of girls that Shin Jae was with the rest of the day. But she wasn’t with them now. Where is she?

 

 

Okay. Don’t panic, Park Chanyeol. Maybe she got too tired and fell asleep in her room. She’s not missing and lost with all the storm and lightning outside. She is not—

 

 

“Huh, I hope she’ll never come back alive.”

 

“You’re right. I bet she’s freezing to death by now. It’s really cold and the rain is pouring hard.”

 

“Lee Shin Jae’s sure a gullible girl. She easily fell into our trap.” My big ears caught that comment from one girl. Oh no, she’s still outside!

 

 

I immediately stood up and approached that particular table. I grabbed one wrist of God-knows-who, and I swear I wanted to kill her.

 

 

“Where is she?” Her brows creased.

 

“Where is she?!”

 

“Ch-Chanyeol oppa...it hurts...”

 

“Someone out there is freezing to death because of your acts! And this?” I gripped her wrist one more time and let it go harshly. “This is nothing compared to the pain you’ve brought her!”

 

 

Miss Yoon immediately approached us.

 

 

“What’s wrong? Who’s outside?” She asked.

 

“Lee Shin Jae is still outside, Miss Yoon.” She immediately panicked and called to the caretakers of the cabin for some rescuers. Everyone worried about her, I’m thankful for that. But our worries will not be wiped away as long as there’s no sign of her.

 

 

It’s been an hour since they started searching. Everyone already washed up and waited at the living room of the house, but I was still standing there, looking out at the window, waiting for nothing.

 

 

Suddenly I felt someone tapped my shoulder. It was Byun Baekhyun.

 

 

“Park Chanyeol. Get a grip of yourself. They’ll definitely find her.”

 

“Yeah...” I said, almost not aware because my thoughts were only on her.

 

 

Shin Jae...please be safe.

 

 

I searched for my backpack and grabbed a thick sweater and a waterproof jacket. I also got an umbrella and a flashlight. I got myself ready. If they can’t find her, then I will.

 

 

“What a terrible rainstorm,” I muttered. As I approached the door, some of my classmates stopped me.

 

“Chanyeol! You can’t get out there! It’s too dangerous!”

 

“I’m going to look for her,” was on my mind.

 

“But if you get in trouble, then we’ll—“And that’s when I snapped.

 

“But I can’t just stand here and wait! Do you know how much it troubles me that the love of my life is somewhere out there, and we’re unsure if she’s alive or not? You won’t understand me, so please let me! Please...” I can feel my tears. Miss Yoon approached me as well.

 

“Your classmates are worried about you, Chanyeol.”

 

“I promise to go back after I’ve checked the places we’ve been. Please, let me go find her.” And that’s when they got quiet.

 

“I’ll go too,” I heard someone say. I saw Byun Baekhyun dressed up as well. He smiled firmly at me and so did I. Together, we went out of the door.

 

 

“Shin Jae-ya! Shin Jae-ya! Where are you?!”

 

“Lee Shin Jae! Please, answer us!”

 

 

It’s been 10 minutes and there’s still no sign of her. We continued to walk and fight against the storm, and miraculously, we found a broken part of the fence that surrounds the place that we’re staying. I saw something. A hairclip. The hairclip I gave her. I felt a little relieved. We walked closer to the spot, and I saw her body lying down there.

 

 

“Let me help her,” I said, but Byun Baekhyun stopped me. I looked at him to ask why he did that, and I saw his eyes full of determination.

 

 

And that’s when I gave up. I remembered when Shin Jae sang last night, her eyes were fixed onto him. It really seemed that she is in love with him. It was confirmed last night. I accepted my defeat.

 

 

“I’ll call the adults, you go bring her up here,” I said.

 

 

Hope you get her safe, Byun Baekhyun. Because you’re holding her heart.

 

 

Baekhyun’s POV

 

 

Chen - Best Luck. Play for background music! :) I was listening to it and it got my feels. Try it as well if you want ^^

 

 

I knew something was up with those girls. They can’t just become friends with her, can they?

 

 

I almost slid down the steep as well. Her small body is lying there, covered with some leaves and branches that got blown by the wind and the storm. She seemed so weak and fragile...

 

 

I left her alone. Again. When she was bullied one time, I didn’t help her and I just stared as she got hurt so bad. But she...she has always been my side, and I never noticed. She brought me hangover soup and took care of me when I got drunk. She didn’t leave me when I asked her to. She had stayed with me, no matter how hard I tried to push her away.

 

 

Damn it. That clumsy girl. I’ll never let go of you when I catch you this time.

 

 

Eventually I became closer to the spot where she was lying. She was so cold, she barely moved. I removed all the twigs and leaves that covered her and shook her.

 

 

“Shin Jae. Shin Jae! Wake up!” She shivered.

 

“It hurts...” What?

 

“I fell...and my body hurts...” I immediately carried her and slumped her on my back. It was difficult, but I managed to carry her. I started to walk.

 

 

And she started to talk.

 

 

“B-Baekhyun?” I stopped at my tracks, then she talked again.

 

“Ch-Chanyeol?”

 

“Huh?” I asked.

 

“Chanyeol...of course...it is you who’ll be saving me.” What? I knew it, that fall was so bad it caused her confusion.

 

“Baekhyun...I’m sure he won’t be even worried about me at a time like this...maybe he’s sleeping soundly now...” I still don’t know what to do. Should I talk? Should I shake her and say that I’m Baekhyun?

 

“I’m sorry...I’m sorry...but I know what I truly feel now.” My eyes became wide.

 

“And I’m asking for your help...please...take these feelings away from me...make me stronger...help me get over it...because...no matter what I do...”

 

“I can’t stop loving Byun Baekhyun.”

 

 

**

 

Comments are very much appreciated <3 thank you to those who leave them! It flutters my heart haha.

 

 

Thank you everyone for supporting. I've probably said this a million times but I LOVE YOU ALL AND I CAN'T STOP LOVING YOU ALL <3 *huugs*

 

 

P.S. #HappyChenDay #KimJongDay ^^