Bestfriendsary...?

Another ShinJaeRella Story

fwivknma2opajaslfjkwelgklenwiwod. <----feelings after making this update.

 

To boris92: the whole chapter is written in Chanyeol's POV, just as you wished~

 

Enjoy! ^^

 

**

 

Chanyeol’s POV

 

“Dad, I’m off to school now. See you later,” I bid him goodbye.

 

“You forgot your jajjangmyeon!”

 

“Oh, right.” I got the bowl of jajjangmyeon. As I was placing it in a container, my father talked.

 

“Why don’t you just tell her that you’re the one who made it and not me?”

 

“I’m too shy to admit that,” I sighed.

 

“But she liked it, right? Why don’t you say it?”

 

“Nah, it’s complicated.” I just smiled.

 

 

Okay. The truth is, since the start, the jajjangmyeon that Shin Jae loved was actually made by me. I know her tastes in food, and I tried to make her one that I’m a little sure she’ll approve. I’m glad that she liked it, so it doesn’t matter anymore if she knew that I was the one who cooked and not my dad as long as she was contented.

 

 

“I’m going now.”

 

“Take care, son.”

 

 

I arrived at school just in time. I asked the lady in the cafeteria if she can take care of this for a while since I want it to still be hot later. She said it’s okay and I was glad.

 

 

When it was break time, I got to her before her seatmate could even ask her.

 

 

“Shin Jae-ya, I brought your favorite~” I teased. She thought for a moment then her eyes widened.

 

“Jajjangmyeon?” She almost shouted.

 

“Yep! Let’s go!” She stood up excitedly and ran. I glanced at her seatmate and saw his eyes staring at the open door. I smirked.

 

 

**

 

 

“This is seriously good. I wonder how your father got the idea to make something like this.” I smiled and chose not to talk.

 

 

We decided to spend our lunch break at the hill across the school. We used the back gate to get out, and it won’t hurt to be outside the school for a few minutes, right?

 

 

We finished eating our food and decided to sit for a while more.

 

 

“Chanyeol-ah.”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Who’s the girl you like?” Her question made me jump in surprise. Really, she’s asking that now?

 

“Why do you ask that now?”

 

“Nothing. I’m just curious.”

 

“Well…I’ll tell you when the right time comes, okay?”

 

“If you say so.”

 

“How about you? Do you like someone?” She paused for a while before speaking again.

 

“I don’t know. I don’t know anymore.” What?

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“I don’t understand myself. One moment I was so sure, and the next…I don’t know. It’s complicated.” She hugged her knees. I inched closer to her and wrapped my arm around her shoulders.

 

“Hope you’ll get through it.” I rubbed her arm gently to give her some comfort. She tilted her head and leaned it against my body. I felt her let out a deep sigh. She must be seriously troubled.

 

 

I glanced at the time and noticed that we were gone for quite a while, so we decided to head back.

 

 

**

 

 

We were walking home together this time. I managed to get first from Baekhyun again, and I can’t help but smile in triumph.

 

 

“Say, Shin Jae. Want to come with me this weekend?” I asked her.

 

“Where to?”

 

“Just anywhere. Don’t you remember?” Her eyes widened after a moment.

 

“Oh right! It’s our bestfriendsary!”  I smiled.

 

“It’s been what? 10 years?”

 

“Correction: 10 years and counting.” I just love her playful side.

 

“Right. I knew that. So…”

 

“Okay I’ll go. I’ll try to sneak out at least once from my stepmother for that special day.” We reached her house and she waved me goodbye.

 

 

**

 

 

I woke up early that Saturday because I’m excited. I get to spend time with her again, and not mention, a whole day with her.

 

 

It’s only 8 in the morning when I woke up. I checked my phone beside me and sent her a message.

 

 

To: My ShinJaeRella <3

 

Good morning ShinJaeRella! Don’t forget about today! 10 AM at the amusement park!

 

-ChanYoda :P

 

 

I laughed a little after I sent the message. I finished getting ready at around 9:30, so I went first. I brought some extra cash just in case I want to buy her something.

 

 

She arrived at almost the same time I did. She handed me a little present in which I gladly accepted.

 

 

“Happy bestfriendsary ChanYoda!” She hugged me with a smile on her face. I hugged her back and cherished the moment for a while. I got something from my pocket and handed it to her.

 

“Do you think you’re the only one who’s got a present? Happy bestfriendsary to you, too, ShinJaeRella!”

 

“Wow…this hairclip looks nice. I’ll try it on.” She clipped it to her almost-falling hair. Indeed, she looked as pretty as ever.

 

“It looks good on you,” I said. She smiled at me and noticed I was still holding her present.

 

“Open yours!” She’s not that excited, don’t you think? I opened the wrapper with ease and found a bracelet inside. It looks simple but it’s just my style. Perfect.

 

“Do you like it? I made that!” She proudly exclaimed. I’m touched.

 

“Really?” I asked.

 

“Of course. It’s made just for you.” I smiled at her sincerity.

 

“So, shall we go now, ChanYoda?” I let her teasing slide since it’s our special day.

 

“As you wish, ShinJaeRella.” And we walked inside the amusement park.

 

 

**

 

 

We rode as many rides as we can. I laughed at her face when we rode the rollercoaster because she looked excited at first but when we’re at the top, she admitted she was too afraid to continue. I held her hand and that’s when she became calm.

 

 

We entered the horror house as well. Okay, I admit, I’m a tall guy, but I am really afraid of these things. It was her turn to laugh at me. I tried to be calm, but I almost cursed every time something pops right in front of us. When we finally went out of that living hell, I grasped oxygen as many as I could. She teased me about it, but what can I do about that? I’m afraid, okay? Don’t judge me.

 

 

We also played some in the booths. We played that shooting game, and we won supposed-to-be-couple-shirts. She didn’t mind wearing the same shirt as me, but it was a big thing for me already. The man asked me how long have we been a couple, and we awkwardly said that we don’t have a relationship like that.

 

 

How I wish we do, though.

 

 

Our last stop for the day was the ferris wheel.

 

 

“Whoa, it looks so high. Can we ride that last, Chanyeol-ah?” She said.

 

“Of course.” We bought tickets for the both of us and waited in line. As it was our turn, she hopped onto the carrier excitedly, making us sway a little. She said sorry for her behavior, though.

 

“Wow, you can see the whole city from up here.” She said. I tried to take a look, too, and saw that she’s right.

 

“It looks so beautiful,” I said.

 

“Indeed.” Her eyes wandered to the setting sun.

 

 

And my eyes wandered to her.

 

 

I heard my heart beat. Have you ever experienced something like this? Like you can’t just take your eyes off of that person you love? You just look at that person, and see that person’s wonderful features that you’ve loved. And you know you’ll never get tired of it.

 

 

And her eyes wandered to me.

 

 

“Why are you looking at me? Look at the sun, it looks pretty.” She pointed.

 

“You’re even more beautiful than that.” She tore her gaze and I saw her cheeks reddened, which made me smile in an instant.

 

“W-What are you saying…”

 

“Nah, don’t mind me.” I just stared at the setting sun just as she wished.

 

 

But I can’t stay for long.

 

 

I glanced at her again, not taking my eyes away this time. The sun reflected on her skin, which made her even more beautiful than I thought she would be.

 

 

I don’t know what has gotten into me. My head slowly moved towards her. I closed my eyes and felt my lips landed on her skin.

 

 

I just kissed the cheek of the girl I love.

 

 

I let it stay for a few more seconds, absorbing the fact. Then I let it go.

 

 

“Chanyeol…”

 

“Shin Jae. You asked me whom I like, right? And I promised you that I’ll tell you sometime in the future, too. I kept that promise and I’m going to say it now.” I took a deep breath before speaking again.

 

“I like you, Lee Shin Jae.” And just then I felt the whole world stop. Finally, I said it. I finally said it to her. After keeping it for 10 years and counting…I finally let it out.

 

 

We got off the carrier just in time. She walked first before me. I let her be alone until she stopped walking.

 

 

“Chanyeol…I…”

 

“It’s okay, you don’t have to answer. I just wanted you to know how I feel…”

 

“I’m sorry. I just don’t know how to react.” She spoke in a soft voice.

 

“It’s okay. I’m not expecting, anyway,” I lied. She fell silent after that.

 

“I guess you’re tired. I’ll take you home.” She nodded after I asked.

 

 

As we reached her house, she didn’t come out of the car immediately.

 

 

“Chanyeol…let’s not be awkward on Monday. Please?”

 

“Of course we won’t.” She let out a small smile after that. I’m glad she somehow felt relieved. She got out of the car after a few moments. I held her back, wanting to tell her something.

 

“Shin Jae-ya. I know that you’re still troubled with your thoughts, but I hope you think carefully and wisely, okay? I…I hope you’ll tell me how you feel after you’re at ease.”

 

“I…I will. Thank you for today. Happy bestfriendsary again, Chanyeol-ah.”

 

“Happy bestfriendsary, too, Shin Jae-ya.” She went on and the car moved.

 

 

And I don’t know what to feel of our celebration of our tenth bestfriendsary anymore.

 

 

**

 

 

How was it? Okay, so Chanyeol confessed already. I at imagining, I know. But I tried my best for this one. I don't know how a confession goes since I haven't done it yet, haha. Especially to your bestfriend ><

 

 

Just comment on what you think. And hello to new subscribers! Feel free to express your thoughts~^^

 

 

To everyone: Thank you for your nonstop support. You guys are seriously the best among the rest. Haha. I love you all *huuuuuuugs*