Favor

Another ShinJaeRella Story

“Ah! Chanyeol-ah… that one stings.”

 

“Your entire body stings, so just be patient with it, okay?”

 

“Ok--ah! You’re hurting me more!”

 

“I know, I know. It’ll heal in time so just bear with it.”

 

 

We went to Chanyeol’s house and he treated my wounds. He makes a good doctor, you know? He actually knows how to lessen the pain. But I just hate the way he treats them.

 

 

“There. It’s okay now.” He brought the ice pack away and got me something to eat. He came back with a bowl of jajjangmyeon in his hands. He raised the bowl as if to show me, and then he smiled.

 

“The jajjangmyeon you love.” He motioned closer to me. I was about to get the chopsticks when he got it first.

 

“I’ll feed you.”

 

“Excuse me sir, but I know how to feed myself.”

 

“But because of your condition, you can’t. Let me do this, okay?” He got an amount of food and placed it near my mouth. I looked at him awkwardly.

 

“Come on, Shin Jae-ya. I just want to help you, you know?”

 

“Alright.” I opened my mouth and he happily placed the food inside. He smiled cutely and it made me smile, too.

 

 

After I finished the food, he got me a glass of water and he looked so contented after I drank all of it.

 

 

“Thank you, Chanyeol-ah.”

 

“It’s no big deal,” he said casually.

 

“No. I mean, for earlier. I was losing hope because no one was helping me. I was badly hurt, both physical and emotional. I didn’t know what to do until you came.” I was about to cry again when he pulled me closer and wrapped his arms around me.

 

“It’s okay to cry, Shin Jae-ya. It’s okay.” And that’s when I let it all out. I closed my eyes and let my tears flow as much as they could.

 

 

And I never felt so safe in someone’s arms.

 

 

**

 

 

“Now where did you go, you little girl? Do you know what time is it now?”

 

“I had to do something for school, and we didn’t take note of the time as we were working. It won’t happen again.” I lowered my head as my stepmom scolded me.

 

“Did you actually think that I would let it go just like that, huh? Go do the laundry upstairs!”

 

“A-At this time? B-but--“

 

“Now you have the guts to counter me? Go do your duties! Now!” I immediately complied at her errands. I changed my clothes first and went upstairs to do the laundry.

 

 

I saw so many clothes scattered as I went. I remember putting them in one place, but what happened?

 

 

“Oh, I was finding my favorite blouse. Sorry,” one of my stepsisters said sarcastically.

 

“I was looking for the pants I bought, and I couldn’t find it. Such a waste to scatter all of them around.” They both left me with knowing looks. I really want to protest but I’m too tired to do it and I still have to do the laundry.

 

“Oh, and by the way, you deserved the bullying you got earlier. Congratulations.”

 

 

And those words left a pang on my chest.

 

 

**

 

 

I tried to do each and every one of the clothes and it takes a really long time because I can’t do it properly due to the stress I’ve had this day.  Seriously, why do I have to do them now? I can’t see the point.

 

 

I overlooked the house in front of us. Right, Byun Baekhyun’s house. I am now on our rooftop, and of course, their rooftop is in front of us, too.

 

 

And just then I saw someone lying on the ground.

 

 

And of course, that someone is Byun Baekhyun, the jerk who just stared at me during my worst state.

 

 

I looked at him and I saw a familiar expression: his eyes looking at nowhere in particular and they were pleading as if they were asking for help.

 

 

And those eyes landed on me.

 

 

“Didn’t I tell you before to stop staring at me?” And now he’s back to normal.

 

“I wasn’t--“

 

“You’re going to deny now? Tsk.”

 

“I really wasn’t--“

 

“Please, what do you want me to do? To stare at you, too? And I’ll change for that simple act?”

 

“I wasn’t saying anything like that!” I defended myself. This jerk is just so self-centered.

 

“But you’re thinking about it.”

 

“Shut up or I’ll kill you.” He just gave me an amused look. God, I want to punch him right now.

 

“As if you can.” He stood up and walked his way towards the door. But before he gets out of my sight, he spoke.

 

“I’ll tell the girls who hurt you in school that they did a great job. You deserved it, anyway.”

 

 

My world stopped for a moment. Why does he need to say that? Why does everyone have to remind me that I deserve all the pain in this world? What did I even do?

 

 

I finished the laundry and it’s already past midnight. Good thing there are no classes tomorrow, and I can sleep at least this late. I went to my bedroom and slumped myself on my bed. And immediately, I fell asleep.

 

 

**

 

 

“Yes, yes, I think it’s in three months? I remember my daughters saying.” My stepmom was talking to someone over the phone as I did the dishes after their breakfast.

 

“Of course. You’re the best tailor I’ve met. I think they’re attending a special person’s party or something, so give them your best please.”

 

“What was it for? I think their schoolmate’s birthday party. What was his name? Byun Baekhyun?”

 

 

The plate I was washing slipped of my hands at the sudden mention of his name. Birthday? Byun Baekhyun’s birthday?

 

 

She looked at me with those angry pair of eyes but she spoke again to the phone. “Oh sorry, a cat tripped over the plates. What were you saying?”

 

“Oh okay. I’ll see you.” She ended the call.

 

“What are you doing?! Do you know that that plate costs your life?!”

 

“Sorry.” I bent down to pick the shattered pieces but my knee injury made me cry out in pain. Not to mention my body hurts because of bullying. And of course, my stepmother being normal, got angrier.

 

“Who gave you the right to show your emotions in front of me? How dare you!” She gave me one last look and left.

 

 

I picked up the pieces in between growls of pain. I had a hard time cleaning the mess, too. As I was finished with the stuff, I heard my phone ring. I looked up at the Caller ID and saw Chanyeol’s name.

 

 

“Hello?”

 

“Shin Jae-ya! How are you?”

 

“Uh…I’m fine, I guess.”

 

“Can I come over?” What?

 

“Chanyeol-ah, I would like to invite you here but you know our situation right?” I sighed.

 

“Then are you free today?”

 

“I am not, and I never will be. You know my stepmom.”

 

“Then I’ll talk to her. It’s not fair that you get to do all the chores there. You deserve better.”

 

“It’s okay with me, really. I am indebted to them, anyway. They took care of me for so long.”

 

“That may be right, but that doesn’t mean that you have to be their slave.”

 

“I am not their slave, Chanyeol. I’m willing to do these chores. Now you go do something productive for today, alright? Bye.” I ended the call. I am so tempted to go with Chanyeol and just get out of here, and never come back. But of course, that won’t be right.

 

 

I brought the big garbage bags outside our house. As I stepped out of the door, someone grabbed the plastic bags from me.

 

 

“What--“I looked up and saw Kim Jongdae, Byun Baekhyun’s friend.

 

“I’m sure you need my help.” He grabbed two plastic bags from me, leaving me with one bag left.

 

“Where should I put this?” He asked.

 

“Just place it there.” We placed the plastic bags at the corner. I was about to leave when he pulled me back.

 

“Uh…I need to go home now,” I said.

 

“Can I tell you something?”

 

“What is it?”

 

“Uh…I know you hate Baekhyun for his attitude. But since you’re his seatmate, I hope you’ll see his good side. He may be a badass and a complete jerk, but he has a very good heart. Please don’t hate on him that much.”

 

“Why should I trust you?”

 

“It’s okay if you don’t trust me, but please trust what I’m saying. He is currently unstable with his emotions due to something that happened recently, and I came here to visit him and see how he’s doing.”

 

 

I was silent for a moment. I thought about it, and I knew that Byun Baekhyun is undergoing something terrible.

 

 

“Can I ask you something, Jongdae-ssi?”

 

“No formalities please. Just call me Jongdae if you want. And what’s your question?”

 

“Is he sad because…Kim Taeyeon left?”

 

He sighed before answering me. “He’s more than sad. He’s depressed.”

 

“Isn’t that the same thing?”

 

“Whatever. Just…please don’t judge him like that.”

 

“I’ll try. He’s so harsh to me, and I can’t help it.”

 

“He just doesn’t want anyone hurting Taeyeon. And he’s not good at expressing his emotions, too.”

 

“Okay. I understand you. I hope I’ll understand him, too.”

 

“I’m sure you will.”

 

“I’m used to understanding people with attitude problems, anyway. I hope I’ll get through this one, too.” He laughed.

 

“I’m not even kidding, really. Don’t laugh at me like that.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Well, my stepsisters and my stepmom are kinda bad, too. But I manage to live with them every single day. So it’s no big deal.”

 

“You’re kinder than I thought,” he said with a smile.

 

“I am not. Trust me.”

 

“I’ll trust my instincts instead.” I cracked a smile at the statement.

 

“I have to get going now. Thank you for the help with those.” I pointed at the garbage bags.

 

“Just pay me back by being there for Baekhyun. He’ll need someone as understanding and as patient as you.” He patted my shoulder and left for Byun Baekhyun’s house.

 

 

But I wonder what he meant by that.

 

 

**

 

 

Sorry it took long again! :( This chapter is supposed to be finished last night, but I slept at my laptop. Hahaha. And now that I posted it, I think it's crappy. :(

 

 

And I wonder what you're thinking. How was it? It won't hurt if you at least leave a comment, right? I hope you will ^^~

 

 

Thank you to the people who are supporting me. Of course I love you all. Hahaha. I don't know what to say, bye~