Cinderella

Another ShinJaeRella Story

“Shin Jae-ya! Where’s my breakfast?”

 

“Lee Shin Jae! Put these clothes in the laundry!”

 

“Shin Jae-ya! Where are the clothes I told you to iron?”

 

“Yah! What’s taking you so long? Hurry up!”

 

 

I am in the rush as usual. Today’s the first day of school. I am in my senior year in high school now, and so are my step sisters. I woke up early to fix the things they wanted me to do, but that does not mean that I wanted to do them.

 

 

My name is Lee Shin Jae. I can say that I have the life of Cinderella. My father died when I was young, I have an evil stepmom, and two cruel stepsisters.

 

 

“Just because you’re turning eighteen and you’ll be getting your inheritance doesn’t mean you’ll be a lazy ! Remember that I took care of you and your studies after your father died. You are indebted to me.”

 

 

My stepmom always reminds me that thing. I hated those words because she didn’t exactly look after me as I grew up. I am a scholar, which means I have no tuition fee. A part of my late father’s money that is supposed to be for my studies are all used up because of her gambling habits. That’s why I need to focus and force myself to get a full scholarship or else she’ll get mad at me. And I’m the one who is supposed to be mad at her.

 

 

But anyway, I survived this long because I proudly say that I am a positive person. Even if she and her daughters are evil (and ugly) they still paid for my food, living expenses, and other miscellaneous fees. That is what I think about whenever I want to hurt them and punch them in the face.

 

 

“Come home early today, I have lots of things for you to do at our catering services. Do you understand me?” I nodded in reply.

 

 

We have a car, but my stepsisters are the ones who ride it to school. As for me, I walk my way. I don’t really mind, it’s just a 10-minute walk. Those two don’t let me ride because they don’t want to be with me. As if I wanted to be with them. I just think that this is a good way for me to exercise my body a little.

 

 

I arrived at school 30 minutes before the bell rings. As I was walking, I heard screams and squeals from girls and an arrival of a car.

 

 

The car that contains my prince charming.

 

 

Remember what I said? My life can be compared to Cinderella. And of course, as Cinderella, I have my prince.

 

 

I looked at the man who just came out of the car. He is standing tall among all of them, which makes it easier for me to have an eye to eye contact with him. As soon as he saw me, he immediately flashed his bright white and toothy smile. He walked closer to me among the sea of girls and grabbed my wrist as we ran away.

 

 

We arrived at our favorite place, the hill across the school. You can see the view of our big school from here, and you can watch the sunset, too. It became a secret place for me and him, which makes it all the more special.

 

 

“Good morning, ShinJaeRella!” he greeted. Energetic as always.

 

“Good morning, ChanYoda!” I greeted back.

 

 

My prince charming slash bestfriend slash my crush that doesn’t know I like him is given a name: Park Chanyeol. We’ve been friends since we were kids. I always because of his big ears, so I call him ChanYoda. In exchange, he calls me ShinJaeRella.

 

 

“It’s a bad morning for me though,” he said.

 

“Why?”

 

“Those girls can’t get enough. I can’t breathe as I stepped out of the car. It’s just annoying, considering this is our first day.”

 

“Never got used to it?”

 

“I’m trying.” We laughed.

 

 

We talked a little more and went back to school 10 minutes before the time. We are from different sections so he walked me first. As we were walking, I saw a sea of fangirls at the end of the hallway, hovering over another guy. Of course, the real prince charming is here.

 

 

Byun Baekhyun, the son of one of the top shareholders of this school. He is always treated special, and I bet he likes that by the smug look on his face.

 

 

“Shin Jae-ya, here’s your classroom.”

 

“Oh, right. Thank you, Chanyeol. You should get going now,” I waved him goodbye.

 

 

As I entered our room, I heard voices around talking about me.

 

 

“How dare she flirt with him.”

 

“She’s not even rich.”

 

“She’s not that pretty, either.”

 

“I bet that is being paid off, that’s why she flirts with him.”

 

 

That last comment caught my ears. I’m not the kind of girl that sells her body just for money! I want to find that person who said that and punch her right to the face. But of course, that would be inappropriate. I wouldn’t want to lose my scholarship now, would I?

 

 

The teacher went into the classroom and we all went to our places. She scanned her students, and as her eyes landed on me, her face immediately showed disgust.

 

 

“Lee Shin Jae, your classroom is not here.” What? I’m pretty sure I checked where my name is listed and it is here.

 

“We received a memo from the principal regarding you. You will be transferring to the special section from now on.”

 

 

I didn’t know what happened. The next thing I knew, I was standing on my feet with my backpack slung on my shoulder and I walked out the room. A new teacher was waiting for me as I stepped out. I bowed my head then she started talking.

 

 

“A-Are you Lee Shin Jae?” I can tell she’s nervous.

 

“Yes.”

 

“I-I will be accompanying you to your new section. Come with me.”

 

 

As we were walking, I can’t help but feel curious. Her face is new, and she looked really nervous. I didn’t know I was looking at her the whole time until she spoke up.

 

 

“I’m the new homeroom teacher of the special section, in case you’ll ask. My name is Yoon Shi Won. I just graduated last month.” Did I just hear that right?

 

“Not to be rude or anything, but do you know what kind of students you are going to handle?”

 

“I heard from the faculty that they seem to have a little problem with their attitude.”

 

 

We arrived at the special section and the looks on their faces tell it all.

 

 

The special section is a section dedicated to the students who are extremely favored in any field. If you’re so rich, you’re in. If you’re so smart, you’re in, too.

 

 

That’s why I’m asking: Why the hell am I put here?

                                                                                                                              

 

We walked in but the students kept on chattering around.

 

 

“C-Class is about to start,” she said but the students seem to not hear anything.

 

 

I heard her sigh. Finally, my eyes caught a certain someone whom I know will be capable of being friends with me despite my appearance: Chanyeol. Of course, he’s in this section because he is both rich and smart.  What more could you ask for?

 

 

“Oh, the poor girl is here!” I heard someone shout. Everyone went quiet. They looked at me with those judging eyes.

 

“Everyone please settle down for the class will start.” Miss Yoon seemed to notice my situation so she spoke up.

 

“A new student will be in this section from now on--“

 

“I can’t possibly study with the germ-infected girl.”

 

“I know right. I heard she lives in the streets and her food is from the garbage.”

 

“I think her uniform is the same uniform she’s been using for the past four years.”

 

“Oh God, how cheap.”

 

“Can everyone please just listen and shut their ing mouths up?” Someone said from the back. I looked at the direction, and I saw Byun Baekhyun looking annoyed as ever. Everyone seemed to be quiet as they do not want to mess things up with him.

 

Miss Yoon has been quiet for too long, and so she spoke again. “Please introduce yourself to the class.”

 

“Hello. I’m Lee Shin Jae. Please be nice to me.” And from that moment, I know they wouldn’t.

 

“The only vacant seat is beside Mr. Byun--“

 

“Omona, Baekhyun oppa doesn’t want anyone to sit beside him, right?”

 

“Looks like she has to transfer to some other class, then.” They all smirked. I looked at Chanyeol, asking for help, but in this situation, I know he can’t.

 

“Actually, I don’t mind. You can sit here if you want.” Again, like everyone, I was stunned by Byun Baekhyun’s sudden change of attitude. Ms. Yoon motioned me to sit, and so I did. I passed by Chanyeol as I was walking, and he mouthed sorry to me. I told him it was okay, and we’ll just talk later.

 

 

As I settled my things on my new seat, I looked at my seatmate and wondered why he did those things. I didn’t know that I’ve been staring for too long until he spoke.

 

 

“Stop staring at me.”

 

“I-I wasn’t.” I immediately looked at Ms. Yoon as she was teaching.

 

“You were. Stop doing that, it’s annoying.”

 

“Sorry.”

 

“Don’t say that because I don’t really care. And don’t thank me for earlier, I just want to get this day over with.”

 

 

And those words seemed to stab me right through the chest.

 

 

“Okay.”

 

 

The day went on. As the final class was dismissed, Chanyeol walked up to me as I was fixing my books in my bag.

 

 

“Want to walk home together?” He asked.

 

“I’d love to, Chanyeol-ah. But don’t you have your car?” I asked.

 

“Walking with you is more fun, anyway. And besides, my driver is always late.”

 

“Let’s go, then.” I smiled.

 

 

As we were walking home, Chanyeol told me a lot about his section.

 

 

“Sorry if my classmates are mean. But sometimes they’re nice, though,” he said sadly.

 

“It’s okay. I’m used to being bullied anyway.” Because being a scholar gets a lot of criticisms, anyway.

 

“Don’t say that.” I just smiled weakly at him.

 

“Baekhyun…is he always like that?” I asked.

 

“I don’t really know since we rarely talk. But I tell you, he seems like he is always in a bad mood. I haven’t seen his laughing face yet.”

 

“He seems so.”

 

 

We arrived at our house and Chanyeol waved goodbye. As I went inside, my stepmom’s voice was the first thing I heard.

 

 

“Shin Jae-ya! What took you so long? Were you out on a date?”

 

“It wasn’t like that,” I defended with my brows creased.

 

“You insolent fool! Going out on dates like you feed yourself! Come help me here!” I put my things down and helped her.

 

 

It was a long day since I helped my stepmom in an event that took our catering services. We went home at around 10:30 PM, so I slumped myself on bed.

 

 

Did I mention that my room is in the attic?

 

 

Because I’m Cinderella, alright.

 

 

I looked out at my window and saw a bedroom opposite to mine. The windows are closed, but the curtains are open. And just then I saw someone walk by that window.

 

 

“B-Byun Baekhyun?” I asked myself with disbelief.

 

 

As if to confirm my thoughts, he walked by again and this time, I’m sure. I didn’t know he actually lives in front of our house.

 

 

And not to mention, his bedroom is directly across mine.

 

 

**

 

Second time writing, and I'm nervous like the first time. Hahaha. Tell me what you're thinking, okay? :) Thank you and I love you all! *huuugs*