Eomoni's Request

Baek Seung Jo I'm done with you!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"She just lost consciousness!"the doctor ordered.

"The patient isn't breathing!" the nurse yelled.

"It's time to perform CPR!" the doctor yelled.

"1-2-3-4-5.....,"the doctor muttered as he performed 25 chest compressions.

"There's no pulse," the nurse responded. As she checked the patient's neck.

"Dammit," the doctor muttered.

"1-2-3-4-5......," the doctor muttered again as he did chest compressions.

The doctor performed 3 more rounds of chest compressions.

"There's still no pulse doctor," the nurse said.

"Dam," the doctor said.

"I think it's time to say goodbye,"the nurse said.

"No, let's just do it one more time," the doctor said.

"But doctor.. she's dead,"the nurse said.

"No, she's not. She was breathing not too long ago!" the doctor yelled.

"It's something you have to learn to accept," the nurse said.

He didn't listen to her and started performing another round chest compressions.

"1-2-3-4-5.....," the doctor stopped once he saw the woman's chest rise.

"She's breathing!" The nurse cheered. 

"Finally," the doctor said sighing. He wiped the sweat of his forhead.

"Good job, Doctor Kim," the nurse said as she smiled.

"It's no time to cheer Nurse Soo. The patient is still in critical condition so I need you to help me get her prepared for surgery right now," Doctor Kim said.

"Yes sir," Nurse Soo responded. 

Doctor Kim and Nurse Soo then rushed the patient to the surgery room.

 -------------------------------------------------------

The surgery had been a success. Doctor Kim and Nurse Soo then waited for the patient to regain consciousness.

The patient hadn't woken up yet so Doctor Kim and Nurse Soo went and checked on the other patients.

It was 3 hours after the surgery when the victim had regained her consciousness.

Doctor Kim had realized the victim had regained consciousness when the he heard Nurse Soo arguing with the patient.

"Ma'am you cannot leave this hospital! You need to calm down. It is not good for your body you just had surgery!" Nurse Soo urged.

"I am a grown woman. I will leave of I want to! Thanks for the help but I'm perfectly fine now. I must get home to my family!" the patient yelled.

"Ma'am don't do that you will hurt yourself!" Nurse Soo yelled.

Doctor Kim was in the room now.

"What is going on here?!"Doctor Kim yelled.

He saw the patient attempting to leave and Nurse Soo holding her back.

"I'm just trying to get home!"the patient yelled.

"Ma'am you can't leave when you just  had surgery. Your arms and legs are broken.Your neck is fractured. You suffered severe head trauma and lost a lot of blood. Just look at yourself.You can't even move half of your body and yet you want to leave!"Doctor Kim yelled.

"Please doctor I know I'm injured but I need to get home to my family. I know they're probably worried sick about me. I was supposed to go meet my husband and son at a restaurant. If that drunk driver hadn't hit me I would've been fine. The point is they don't know where I'm at and what's happened to me so please let me call them," the patient pleaded.

"I understand ma'am and I will let your family know what just happened.You must understand that your body is in a critical condition. Any reckless decision you make will permanently affect you if you try to move your body,"Doctor Kim said.

"Thankyou doctor and I'm sorry for the trouble I've caused," the patient said.

"It's fine. I'm used to it. Now please give me your name and your husband's phone number so I can call him," Doctor Kim ordered.

"My name is Baek Geum-Hee and my husband's phone number is on my phone his name is Baek Soo-Chang. I don't know where the nurse left my stuff but it's in my phone," Geum-Hee said.

"I have them right here ma'am," Nurse Soo said.

"Ok good. Can you please go call them for me while I observe the patient," Doctor Kim said.

"Yes sir," Nurse Soo said as she walked out of the room with the phone.

"Thankyou," Doctor Kim said.

He waited until Nurse Soo was completely out of the room.

 "What is it you needed to tell me doctor?," Geum-Hee asked.

"Listen to me carefully. When you arrived here before having surgery done. You lost alot of blood and that caused your heartbeat to stop," Doctor Kim said.

"Wait so I died?" Geum-Hee said shockingly. Her eyes started to water.

"Yes ma'am so I had to rescusitate you and perform CPR 5 times because your body was not responding. The normal CPR procedure is 4 times where I perform 25 chest compressions each. The most I was suppose to do was 100 but I did 125," Doctor Kim said.

"So you're saying that if you wouldn't have performed the 5th time I would've died?" Geum-Hee asked.

"Correct," Doctor Kim said.

"Why are you telling me this?" Geum-Hee asked.

"Because if you try to leave you're going to severly end up hurting your body and me saving your life would've been in vain. I'm suprised you can even talk right now otherwise you would've been in a coma. You suffered bad head injures as well," Doctor Kim said.

"Thanks for everything Doctor. I truly am sorry for wanting to leave I didn't realize my injuries had been that bad," Geum-Hee said guiltily.

"I'm just doing my job ma'am and call me Doctor Kim. Trust me the pain is obvious.  Just don't do it again," Doctor Kim said.

"How long am I going to be here?" Geum-Hee asked.

"For now it's undetermined. It depends how quickly your body heals. The crash had a huge impact on your body remember that. Normally, in your state you wouldn't have come out alive. As far as I can see you're going to be here a few weeks so you just have to get used to it," Doctor Kim said.

"Oh no what am I going to do?How much is all ths going o cost? My family is struggling financially right now.What is going to happen to my family when I'm not at home?Who will feed my sons and take care of the them? Oh no, I don't know what to do," Geum-Hee said worriedly.

"Calm down. Stress isn't going to help if you want to heal. I'm sure you can find someone to take care of them. But right now don't worry about that and just try to rest. Rest is an important part of the healing process," Doctor Kim said.

"You're right doctor. I'm just worried," Geum-Hee said.

"Alright well I'm going to go now so you can rest," Dr. Kim said.

"Ok,"Geum-Hee said. She then close her eyes once she saw Dr. Kim out of the room.

-------------------------------------------------------

An hour Later..

"Oh my god! What happened to you!" Baek Soo-Chang said loudly. He was horrified.

He was horrified of seeing his precious wife bandaged from head to toe. He wouldn't have recognized her if her face was uncovered which had small scratches.

"Oh it's nothing. I just got into a little car accident," Geum-Hee said calmly.

"What do you mean nothing?! You're covered from head to toe!"Baek Soo-Chang yelled.

"I'm fine. It doesn't even hurt," Geum-Hee lied. She was trying to make her husband feel better but it didn't work.

"Don't lie to me honey!Don't you see how worried I am. It's no time to fool around! I almost lost you for god sakes," Baek Soo-Chang said. He started to cry. 

 He wanted to hug Geum-Hee so badly but he knew if he did he would just end up hurting her.

"See the injuries are so bad I can't even hug my own wife!" Baek Soo-Chang weeped.

"Father calm down. Atleast she's alive. We need to stay strong for her," Eun Jo said weeping.

It was the first time he cried in a long time in front of his parents. He tried to remain strong though.

"Mother I am happy that you're alive. No matter how many times we fight. I just want you to know I love you so please don't ever leave me," Eun Jo said as he cried.

"I'm so sorry my son. i have failed you as a mother and your father as a wife. I'm sorry you two," Geum-Hee said sadly. Tears started to drop down from her eyes.

 "No, don't cry it's not your fault. I'm the one who should've picked you up from the house and taken you to the restaurant. Then we could've gone to pick up Eun Jo from school and we could've all gone together," Baek Soo-Chang said.

"Mother you have never been a bad mother. I've just always been an ungrateful son. I never say the right things to you so please forgive me. I promise I will be a good boy from now on," Eun Jo said.

"I have nothing to figure you for you have always been a good boy," Geum-Hee said to Eun Jo.

"I love you," Eun Jo said kissing his mom on the cheek.

"Please don't blame yourself either," Geum-Hee said to her husband.

"I can't help it," Baek Soo-Chang said still crying.

"Come over here and give me a kiss," Geum-Hee said.

He came over and gave his wife a small peck on her lips and forehead.

"I can see you're feeling better already," Doctor Kim said smiling.

"I am Dr.Kim. This is my husband Baek Soo-Chang and my son Eun Jo," Geum-Hee said introducing her family.

"Nice to meet you," Baek Soo-Chang said to Doctor Kim. They shook hands.

They then started talking about Geum-Hee's condition.

-------------------------------------------------------

 Baek Seung Jo's heart was racing as he drove to the hospital. He could only imagine the worse.

Flashbacks of memories of him and his mother were in his mind.

The many times his mother embarrassed him. The times she dressed him up as a little girl which he hated. The times she protected him. The times they fought and the times they hugged one another. 

"Please don't die on me now mother," Baek Seung Jo said as tears ran down his eyes.

He was speeding. He could not think straight as he drove fast. His heart was racing every moment. He was panicking. This had been a terrible day for Baek Seung Jo.  First he was almost fired from work, Oh Ha Ni's rejection, and now his mother. 

*Beep!* *Beep!* *Beep!*

 A driver honked he had almost hit the driver's car.

Baek Seung Jo then slowed down the car and parked to the closest park.

"Calm down, Baek Seung Jo everything is going to be alright," he said to himself.

He inhaled and exhaled. He wasn't used to that method but it was something he had learned from his dear Oh Ha Ni.

He had a flashback of Oh Ha Ni breathing in and out before she studied. He thought it was rediculous but after trying this method he realized it worked.

He then imagined Oh Ha Ni  next to him tellin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter